Adding data that is not graphed to chart

I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by
quarter.  There are seven categories on each chart.  Is there a way to add
the "n" to the chart as a label?  I have the sample sizes for each category
by quarter in a separate spreadsheet.

Is this even possible?

0
mellermj (1)

Hi,

You could add a textbox or use a spare built-in title box, such as Category
or Value axis title.

These can either be edited manually or be linked to cells.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"mellermj" <mellermj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by
> quarter.  There are seven categories on each chart.  Is there a way to add
> the "n" to the chart as a label?  I have the sample sizes for each
> category
> by quarter in a separate spreadsheet.
>
> Is this even possible?

0
andy9699 (3616)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Line & Double Stacked Charts
Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line. I can get the line by creating a secondary Axis however the line isnt where I want it. It is at the top of the tallest bar. Is there any way to get the line down to a value I want it at. Basically I am trying to create a capacity chart with two products running on one machine by month. I need the line to be at a value that is straight accross being the maximum machine capacity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "K" wrote: > Good day. I am trying to get a Double stacked chart to show a line...

Simple? pie chart
Hi I have data like this customer food service ---------------------------- john excellent good mary excellent excellent david fair fair diane good good jim poor fair I want to create one pie chart for food (and one for service) that hows what % of customer rated the food (service, resp.) as excellent/good/fair/poor. Seems pretty simple, but naturally it's not. Set up a table with the ratings in the firs column, and the categories across the top: Food Service poor fair good excellent In the first cell under food (G2 in thi...

Cut not Copy Appended Data
In this great Macro, created by Micky (MVP), is there a way to cut and paste the data from all the columns instead of copy and paste? I just want all the appended data in Column A". Sub Tony() Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count LC = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count Ind = LR + 1 For C = 2 To LC For R = 1 To LR If Cells(R, C) <> "" Then Cells(Ind, 1) = Cells(R, C) Ind = Ind + 1 End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdati...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Area chart Disappears
Hi, i've a created graph with a combination of Line Chart & Area Chart. Everything is fine, but when I post it in my company's intranet server and somebody tries to open it, the Area Chart simply disappears and they only see the Line chart in that graph!! I tried to open from several different computers but still the same. As I mentioned, if I open it from my computer it works fine. HELP ! If you are using a PDF program to post the charts, check to make sur your title bars aren't even close to the chart area. There has to b space between them. Hope this helps -- T...

excel data sheet
I have an excel equipment data sheet for pumps, compressors, etc. In the center is a square/rectangular empty space about 5" x 5". Horizontal rows are easy, but I cannot get to put eight vertical equally spaced columns. Since there is formatting above this chart and elsewhere on the sheet, needing original columns of different widths, if I try to use those in the central space they come out looking a little weird. I tried making a table but I could not do that in excel. Do you have any answers? Thank you Aamir You could create a table on a different worksheet, and format it a...

write macro to input data
I am new at Excel. I want to write a small macro, four or five columns where I can go to column 1 and input data, then go to column 2 and input date, etc., then when I get to the end of the fifth column have it return and go to add more data in column 1. Any help will be appreciated from the experts in Excel. Thanks. one way to do this is to use a worksheet_change event right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row > 5 And Target.Column = 8 Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, ...

How do I exclude data using the IIF statement in report builder
I have data in my dataset that I want to exclude in the average calculation for the final report (those with a key.value of 999). Here is how my statement is written but it is not returning any value. What am I doing wrong? =iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 1 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 16) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, round(Avg(Fields!CY_Rate.Value),0), iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 19 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 20 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 21 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 22 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 23 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 24) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, roun...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Validating data in a subform against data in main form
I have a main form with a subform. Each form is bound to its own table but are linked through a primary key (customerID). On the main form, I have a customer's date of birth (dob). On the subform, I have the customrer's date of order (doo). Basically, I want to validate that the date of order entered by the user is later than the date of birth. How can I do this? I tried to do it in the subform's BeforeUpdate event but it failed. It didn't seem to recognize dob (customer's date of birth). Perhaps, I was not referring to dob properly. I'm new to ...

Adding alternate columns

duplicating data
I have 2 excel worksheets, both are in different formats. Both will contain the same data but spread across different parts of the worksheets. if I have filled in the data for 1 worksheet, how can i automate this data to be filled into the other worksheet? In Sheet2 use linking formulas. Sheet2 H1 formula is =Sheet1!A1 For contiguous areas these can be copied by dragging. For non-contiguous areas..........manually enter references. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:13:17 -0700 (PDT), Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have 2 excel work...

Conditional Colors for Charts #2
Hello, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbYellow E...

Make Data available for re-import
Hi can anyone confirm whether the 'make data available for re-import' option when exporting has been removed from CRM 4.0. This used to be available but was wondering if Microsoft have pulled it from their final release. If so would anyone know why, and also if there is a work around available. Regards, Craig Craig - This was available as part of the early access program for CRM, but got yanked prior to RTM. The CRM Team has a workaround that can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/01/25/data-manipulation-tool.aspx -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Craig4s...

Adding fields from a different query

"Pop-up" charts activated on hover
I'd like to have charts pop up when the user hovers over the source data. For instance, I have several sections of sales data in this form: Jan Feb Mar Q1 Apr May ... US Target 5 6 ... Actual 6 5 Forecast 5.5 5 Europe Target 4 5 ... Actual 4 5 Forecast 5 6 So, when the user hovers over the US or Europe "sections," which would be the label row plus three following rows (tgt, act, fcst), a chart of the data pops up to illustrate the numbers. I don't want to take up room permanently displaying the char...

Access data collection replies
An error ocurred collecting data using emails Cannot process this email message.the form in this email message is either corrupt or has been modified. how do i fix? i'm using the sample template Northwind traders ��ͤ�������͢�ͤ���Ẻ������ǹ��ٻẺ MIME ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01CAA75D.DF55A6D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "brad" <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> ???????????????? = news:E0915BC8-4FA9-478B-AE6D-045FDCA301CC@microsoft.com... > An error ocurred collecting data usi...