adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart

I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can
someone please help me?
0
Marjory (1)

Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet.

Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the
graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points.
Similarly for the third and fourth sheets.

If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use
edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y
data range for an existing sreries.
--
David Biddulph

"Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can
> someone please help me?

0
David
12/26/2007 8:00:53 PM
David's answer assumes that each series in the chart has its data well
contained onto a single worksheet. If your series requires data from more
than one worksheet, you need to set up a consolidated data range (which is
probably worth doing anyway). For details on using data from multiple sheets
in a chart, read this article:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk> wrote in message
> Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet.
>
> Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the
> graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points.
> Similarly for the third and fourth sheets.
>
> If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can
> use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the
> X or Y data range for an existing sreries.
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph.
>>Can
>> someone please help me?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Using COUNTIF in multiple wooksheets
I am trying to use countif to count the word "complete" in a range on mulitple wooksheets. I select my range and then hold shift to select other worksheets to include but it comes up with #value. When I do it with one worksheet it works fine. Help would be appreciated. Thanks Kevin COUNTIF does not work with multiple sheets First put a list with all sheets in a range on the summary sheet, assume you have 10 sheets you can put ALL their sheet names in for instance H1:H10, assume you want to count in the range A1:A10 in those sheets =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

Cut not Copy Appended Data
In this great Macro, created by Micky (MVP), is there a way to cut and paste the data from all the columns instead of copy and paste? I just want all the appended data in Column A". Sub Tony() Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count LC = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count Ind = LR + 1 For C = 2 To LC For R = 1 To LR If Cells(R, C) <> "" Then Cells(Ind, 1) = Cells(R, C) Ind = Ind + 1 End If Next Next Application.ScreenUpdati...

Formatting Cells/Data
Hi, I hope you are doing well. I have a file I downloaded from our AS/400 (OS400 operating system). I open the file as a text file and go thru the wizard for converting the file to excel format. One of the columns/fields is numeric with some neg and pos numbers and some blank cell contents. During the wizard conversion the field is categorized as DOUBLE with no option to change the field. When I finish the wizard I save the file as an Excel workbook. Then I use the autosum option to calculate the total of the field/column; however, it only picks up on the positive #'s. Hence the t...

ADDING A NUMBER

Exchange 2003 with multiple site
Hi, I have one domain and one Exchange 2003 server. Now we want to introduce another Exchange 2003 server as a replication server. Can we do that? The resion we want to do this so some people can access there email via Outlook express or on there Cell phone using POP3 client. Thanks You can't simply "replicate" Exchange servers. you would need to implement some 3rd party software to do this. Warning - it isn't cheap. Is there some reason they can't access the existing server via IMAP or POP3? Why do you need to install another server just for that? -- Ben Winze...

adding new records

Area chart Disappears
Hi, i've a created graph with a combination of Line Chart & Area Chart. Everything is fine, but when I post it in my company's intranet server and somebody tries to open it, the Area Chart simply disappears and they only see the Line chart in that graph!! I tried to open from several different computers but still the same. As I mentioned, if I open it from my computer it works fine. HELP ! If you are using a PDF program to post the charts, check to make sur your title bars aren't even close to the chart area. There has to b space between them. Hope this helps -- T...

When adding attachments...

excel data sheet
I have an excel equipment data sheet for pumps, compressors, etc. In the center is a square/rectangular empty space about 5" x 5". Horizontal rows are easy, but I cannot get to put eight vertical equally spaced columns. Since there is formatting above this chart and elsewhere on the sheet, needing original columns of different widths, if I try to use those in the central space they come out looking a little weird. I tried making a table but I could not do that in excel. Do you have any answers? Thank you Aamir You could create a table on a different worksheet, and format it a...

write macro to input data
I am new at Excel. I want to write a small macro, four or five columns where I can go to column 1 and input data, then go to column 2 and input date, etc., then when I get to the end of the fifth column have it return and go to add more data in column 1. Any help will be appreciated from the experts in Excel. Thanks. one way to do this is to use a worksheet_change event right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row > 5 And Target.Column = 8 Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, ...

How do I exclude data using the IIF statement in report builder
I have data in my dataset that I want to exclude in the average calculation for the final report (those with a key.value of 999). Here is how my statement is written but it is not returning any value. What am I doing wrong? =iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 1 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 16) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, round(Avg(Fields!CY_Rate.Value),0), iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 19 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 20 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 21 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 22 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 23 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 24) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, roun...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

multiple value choices for If range().value = "xxx"
The macro below runs on worksheet change and works properly. However, I have 5 values to examine in column H. The values are: Split, Payday 1, Payday 2, Payday 3, and Payday 4. Any of these choices should result in unlocking and clearing the cells in that row (first part of if statement). Otherwise, the range 'pasterage' is copied to that row and it is locked again. I can't find the proper syntax (if there is any) to say something like is possible in SQL (if ...value in ("Split","Payday 1",...)) Please advise on the best way to go about this. ...

Y-Error Bars
I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all points (bars) in the series. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Hi Diana, To get error bars on a single bar you can use the Custom +/- reference boxes on the Error bar tabs. Use this to get your values from worksheets cells. Obviously within the cells are zero values for all but the bar your want. Cheers Andy Diana wrote: > I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data > point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all > points (bars) in the ...

Select ALL filter in one fell swoop
Sometimes it is difficult to see all the columns which has a filter applied, is there a convenient way to select the ALL option on a filter for all the filters in the sheet. I do not want to remove the filter only have a handy way of not having the filter applied. there could be up to 6 columns filtered on the sheet at the same time. Choose Data>Filter>Show All Pat wrote: > Sometimes it is difficult to see all the columns which has a filter > applied, is there a convenient way to select the ALL option on a filter for > all the filters in the sheet. I do not want to remov...

Money 2004 Deluxe and multiple network users
Is MS Money 2005 now "network aware"? In other words, can I set up a money file so that two users can access it across a home network without worrying about whether or not the other user is already in the file, thus causing corruption? I did a quick test which would suggest yes, but I want to triple check. Here's what I did: 1. Copied my money file to a safe location 2. Opened it on one computer (A) 3. Walked to another computer (B), opened it there as well 4. Opened A to Home page. 5. Opened B to Home page, then went to downloaded statements and accepted some transaction. 6. O...

Validating data in a subform against data in main form
I have a main form with a subform. Each form is bound to its own table but are linked through a primary key (customerID). On the main form, I have a customer's date of birth (dob). On the subform, I have the customrer's date of order (doo). Basically, I want to validate that the date of order entered by the user is later than the date of birth. How can I do this? I tried to do it in the subform's BeforeUpdate event but it failed. It didn't seem to recognize dob (customer's date of birth). Perhaps, I was not referring to dob properly. I'm new to ...

Adding alternate columns

Any one seen this BUG in Matrix Items.
Hi All, I have come across what I think is a bug in RMS Matrix Items occurring when the description of the dimensions contain a single inverted comma ('). Take this example:- Matrix Item called: Magazine ItemLookupCode: MAG Single Dimension called: Title Add any item and set the Title column to somethin like: Jason's Adventures. Save the Matrix Item. Sell the Item MAG in POS, The matrix selection screen appears - choose the Item Jason's Adventure, then crash with this error and POS Closes. "Run-time error '3001' Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of accepta...

duplicating data
I have 2 excel worksheets, both are in different formats. Both will contain the same data but spread across different parts of the worksheets. if I have filled in the data for 1 worksheet, how can i automate this data to be filled into the other worksheet? In Sheet2 use linking formulas. Sheet2 H1 formula is =Sheet1!A1 For contiguous areas these can be copied by dragging. For non-contiguous areas..........manually enter references. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:13:17 -0700 (PDT), Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have 2 excel work...