Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph

I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with Month
as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data.  I have then created a
Pivot Table chart.

I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click for
Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.

How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?
0
MaryAnn (56)

If Add Trendline is disabled with a pivot chart (I don't know, I rarely make
pivot charts), you could plot the data in a regular chart, then add your
trendline.

    Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts
    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=553

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Mary Ann" <MaryAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with
>Month
> as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data.  I have then created a
> Pivot Table chart.
>
> I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click
> for
> Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.
>
> How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/11/2007 12:06:08 AM
Thanks Jon - Disappointing but at least I know!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> If Add Trendline is disabled with a pivot chart (I don't know, I rarely make
> pivot charts), you could plot the data in a regular chart, then add your
> trendline.
>
>     Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts
>     http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=553
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "Mary Ann" <MaryAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with
> >Month
> > as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data.  I have then created a
> > Pivot Table chart.
> >
> > I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click
> > for
> > Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.
> >
> > How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?

0
MaryAnn (56)
3/11/2007 9:32:05 AM
Hi Mary Ann

Is your graph a "stacked" column?  If so, change it to a different style (eg
clustered column) and you should get what you are looking for.
--

Regards

William

XL2003

willwest22@yahoo.com

"Mary Ann" <MaryAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with
Month
| as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data.  I have then created a
| Pivot Table chart.
|
| I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click
for
| Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.
|
| How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?

0
willwest22 (109)
3/11/2007 11:24:59 AM
Fantastic – even though the chart doesn’t look like a stacked column, because
I just have one column for each month, in fact as far as Excel is concerned I
can now see that that is what it is.  Thank you.

"William" wrote:

> Hi Mary Ann
>
> Is your graph a "stacked" column?  If so, change it to a different style (eg
> clustered column) and you should get what you are looking for.
> --
>
> Regards
>
> William
>
> XL2003
>
> willwest22@yahoo.com
>

> "Mary Ann" <MaryAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with
> Month
> | as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data.  I have then created a
> | Pivot Table chart.
> |
> | I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click
> for
> | Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out.
> |
> | How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns?

0
MaryAnn (56)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

table lookup
My head hurts from trying to figure out how to do this. I want to specify a row title in which to find the closest number specified. For example, if my row titles are W,X,Y,Z....maybe I would specify 5.5 in row X. The value returned should be 6. W 3 5 7 X 2 4.5 6 Y 1 1.5 3 Z 0 1 2.5 Thanks, Assuming your data in A1:D4 =MIN(IF((A1:A4="x")*(B1:D4>=5.5),B1:D4)) ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter "engineer" wrote: > My head hurts from trying to figure out how to do this. I want to specify a > row title in which to find the closest n...

Excel Add Ins

Manipulating Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table that gives me the occurances of a specific number in a list, or the "count" of that number. What I need is that "count" divided by 4 to be the result in the pivot table. So, if the number 562 is in the list 8 times I want the result to show "count" of 562 is 2 (not 8) Any Ideas Thank Brandt ...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

How to fill the area between two lines in excel graph?
I'm trying to fill the area between 2 line graphs in excel. I need to present the two lines in different colors, plus i need to add another line in between the two lines. I tried using the "area" option in excel and while it shaded the area between the line graphs, it did not allow me to add the extra line in between. The stacked area chart is used for the fill. For the three lines, add three series of type Line. (Add them however they get added, which would be as additional area series, then select each and use Chart menu > Chart Type to convert to Line.) - Jon ---...

pivot table #21
I have a question on Excel. When I update a pivot table, I used to be able to hold down the shift and ctrl keys and highlight the area, but lately I found that I cannot use this short cut method. Is there another short cut method? Thanks for your help. In step two of the Pivot Wizard, you should be able to select a starting cell on the worksheet, then hold the Shift key, and tap the End key, then the Down or Right arrow key, to select a range of cells. Or, base the pivot table on a dynamic range, which will expand automatically as new records are added. There are instructions here:...

excel add-ons

Tranform Pivot Query?
I hv 2 tables with structure as below: [Empl] ID Name 1 Mr A 2 Mr B 3 Mr C 4 Mr D 5 Mr E [Empl_Tran] TrID Empl_ID Date Code 1 1 10/11/2009 SL 2 1 10/11/2009 TR 3 1 11/11/2009 W 4 1 12/11/2009 W 5 1 12/11/2009 TR 6 2 10/11/2009 SL 7 2 10/11/2009 TR 8 2 11/11/2009 W 9 2 12/11/2009 W 10 2 12/11/2009 TR 11 3 10/11/2009 SL 12 3 10/11...

Map Add-On?

Macro to change pivot field with latest value 03-01-10
This is a re-post as my questions hasn't been answered by anyone... Hi there and thank you in advance for any help. I have written a macro that changes (hides / shows) fields on a pivot table. One of these changes the field used for the page fields section of the pivot table. However, when i add a field to this section, it defaults to All. How can have this field default to the latest value in this field. Let me explain further: I want the pivot to be shown either by date or by week. The macro then changes the page field section to show either the date or week field. If ...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Copy Pivot calculated field to another pivot
Hi all, I am not very familiar with pivot tables in excel. but I have to re-create a pivot table report by selecting the data from a database. I wanted to know if it is possible to copy over the calculated fields from the existing pivot report to the new one. There are a lot of formulas and quite a few pivot report that need to be re-created. the field names are same. Any suggestions will be greatlly appreciated. Thanks, HD ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Setting up tables properly
Hi I have started creating a database and realize that I haven't set it up properly. Currently I have about 10 tables in my database. In each table, I have the Student and Fields included. Some of these tables are currently "Students", "Contact information" (for emergency contacts), "Needs assessment", "General Information" (which includes address), "Courses taken". The reason for this was that I thought I had to create individual tables to reflect a report. By the way, I have already created some forms for this data...