Add source data to an existing chart?

Hello!

I am building a chart to display, by date, data in columns G
(breakfast), D (lunch), and J (dinner).

I can get the chart with dates along one axis and column G along the
other, but how do I add the data from D and J to create a stacked bar,
to show for each day how each of the three columns compare and give a
daily total for all three meals? :confused:

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! :)

--
navychef
navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29457

Go to Source Data on the Chart menu, click on the Series tab. Click Add,
then populate the Values and Name box as appropriate. To select a range,
click in the input box, then select the range under the dialog box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"navychef" <navychef.20gpzm_1135290301.8159@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:navychef.20gpzm_1135290301.8159@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hello!
>
> I am building a chart to display, by date, data in columns G
> (breakfast), D (lunch), and J (dinner).
>
> I can get the chart with dates along one axis and column G along the
> other, but how do I add the data from D and J to create a stacked bar,
> to show for each day how each of the three columns compare and give a
> daily total for all three meals? :confused:
>
> THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP! :)
>

> --
> navychef
> navychef's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29457
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495641

Thank you much, Jon - Sometimes the simpler things escape me, but thi
forum is becoming an immense help.

Merry Christmas!

Bo

--
navyche
navychef's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2945
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49564

Transfering data from 1 worksheet to another
I have several worksheets that are used to input data into to a summary worksheet for a golf league One of the worksheets is a schedule. The schedule worksheet has 18 columns (one for each week) and the 32 rows have the team's tee positions and opponents for that week. When the summary worksheets is printed each week it has the current weeks schedule shown. I would like to be able to have the current week's scheduled transfered to the summary sheet by identifying the week number and have the data transfered from the schedule worksheet to the summary worksheet. I tried the lookup...

How do I change the source worksheet for 100 charts automatically.
I have a worksheet with 100 charts that source a set of five worksheets, financial forecast A. I create several forecasts (sets of 5 worksheets) and copy over worksheet with 100 charts, but the charts reference financial forecast A when I want them to source from financial forecast B. To change the chart source to financial forecast B, I now have to open each chart and change the source from A to B. Is there a way to do this automatically, similar to the edit, find, replace function for data in cells? Hi, You would need to write VBA code to do this. Given you know what the value is...

Excel Add Ins

Adding data that is not graphed to chart
I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by quarter. There are seven categories on each chart. Is there a way to add the "n" to the chart as a label? I have the sample sizes for each category by quarter in a separate spreadsheet. Is this even possible? Hi, You could add a textbox or use a spare built-in title box, such as Category or Value axis title. These can either be edited manually or be linked to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mellermj&quo...

adding Text to the beginning of a control source
I want to say ="HELP"&Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] I want the word HELP then the start date 2 and finally the ID ie: HELP2010:12430 How do I put the text at the beginning? Where are you putting this? In the Control Source of control on a form/report? Then it should work as posted provided that [Session Start Date 2] and [ID] are in the object's record source. In a query? Then you just need a field alias and drop the = sign; MyHelpText: "HELP" & Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Logarithm scaling for charts
When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). This is not at present possible in Excel but it would be extremely useful. vroomvondel wrote: > When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in > powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling > interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). > This is not at present p...

Issues
I am having ghost data appear randomly in my workbook while trying to clear data. The workbooks are large and contain multiple macros. When clearing a feild, Other ghost-like images of cells and data pop-up randomly and clutter my view. This is a new computer running windows 7 and excel 2007. IT has already updated my video driver and we are all stumped. Please respond quickly with ideas...they are threatening to give me back my old computer.... ...

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

programatically change chart
I am using powerpoint to programatically create slides displaying MS GRaph Charts. I am using .NET and C#. I am having trouble location help for this topic. My questions are: 1. I want to programatically change the direction of the Category Axis. I wish to rotate them so they are upright instead of on their side. How can I do this? objCatAxis.TickLabels.Orientation = Graph.XlTicklabelOrientationUpWard does not seem to be working. 2. I am having trouble defining colors for my charts. It seems to be happening automatically. I want to control which colors get displayed. I wish to do this pro...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

Plot 3D data in excel
I need to plot borehole coordinates (x, y, z) axes that are determined using MS Excel. Can I use a Jon Peltier solution or would it be better to manipulate excel capabilities with VBA? You would be better off with an addin such as SigmaPlot - see www.spss.com best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "WYGMBP" <WYGMBP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A8D9E65-FA5C-47EE-89F7-E0F65C2964ED@microsoft.com... >I need to plot borehole coordinates (x, y, z) axes that are determined >using > MS Excel. Can ...

Error in Data Migration Framework (DMF)
Help..... I am trying to upload 14,000 Account records using the Data Migration Framework, along with 6,000 Contact records. It was easier to use the DMF rather than the bulk import especially with the relationships between the records. I first trialled the DMF migration of these records on the May VPC image supplied by MS and it all worked fine. However now that it is being run in a pre-production environment on full sized servers I am having problems. Approximately half of the account records, and all the contact records have been uploaded successfully. Half of the account recor...

importing data from webpage and using it.....
Hello, I am trying to import information from my verizon cell phone bill which u can look at online. The import procedure works fine just copying and pasting. It puts the separates the data into columns properly. The big thing tho is in the time column I want to be able to use that as a time.... not text. Excel doesn't see it that way. Even if I type timevalue(C2) where C2 is a cell containing the time it gives me #value So how do I convert it to a time. I did notice that there is no space between that time and AM or PM (ie: 08:00PM) so I tried a substitute function and added a ...

Report works but then fails when used as a Sub-Report source
Hi, sorry if this sounds too easy or stupid, I've been trying for a couple of days now to get this to work and I've read a lot on here so hopefully didn't miss anything. I have a report that basically draws fields out of a table and displays them, nothing fancy. I need it to print 8 and then page break, again no problem as a report - it works. Now the main report has 5 of these sub reports and I figured I would work with it one at a time to get it right and eliminate re-doing a lot of work. When I use the report as the sub report source there are no page breaks and the report i...

Data Validation List Names
I have Excel 2007 and am attempting to use the data validation tool. I have created several lists in a separate worksheet and named them (In the name box). My drop down and options have shown correctly. However, I now need to make a few changes to the lists. I added a few extra cells with data to one of the lists and would like these options included in the drop down field on the main spreadsheet. Can someone tell me how to re-name my 'source' (list or range of cells) so that the added cells are now being referenced as well and all options show in the drop down? ...

SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003 requesting data, freeze
I have two separate clients that are running the new SBS 2003 with XP workstations running Outlook 2003. Both randomly receive the messages: Outlook is requesting data from the server Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server Client 1 Running 2 servers that each has a Dual GHz Xeon w/hyperthreading on with 4 gigs of ram. One server is running the SBS 2k3 and the other server is running a Win 2k3 as a terminal server. They are connected on a 1Gig backplane. 10 users total. Client 2 Running 2 servers. One server has a 2.GHz P4 w/hyperthreading on running SBS ...