Add 2nd Y axis in XY scatter chart?

Is there any way to add a second Y axis and then plot data associated with
this axis in an XY scatter chart? If so, what are the steps?

Thanks,
Don Culp

0
dculp (17)

Hi Don,

Add your data to the chart then double click the new data series.
On the Axes tab of the format dialog chose Secondary axis.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Adding data that is not graphed to chart
I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by quarter. There are seven categories on each chart. Is there a way to add the "n" to the chart as a label? I have the sample sizes for each category by quarter in a separate spreadsheet. Is this even possible? Hi, You could add a textbox or use a spare built-in title box, such as Category or Value axis title. These can either be edited manually or be linked to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mellermj&quo...

trying to plot y against x
hi guys, can anyone help me out? when i select line option in charts, excel keeps drawing a chart with two lines. what i really want is to plot $ as my y axis and t as my x axis (in example below). how do i do it? $ t 10 1 20 2 25 5 40 7 appreciate any advice. thanks. -- ernestgoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ernestgoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24870 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571456 See reply in microsoft.public.excel, and please do not post...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

How do I change the source worksheet for 100 charts automatically.
I have a worksheet with 100 charts that source a set of five worksheets, financial forecast A. I create several forecasts (sets of 5 worksheets) and copy over worksheet with 100 charts, but the charts reference financial forecast A when I want them to source from financial forecast B. To change the chart source to financial forecast B, I now have to open each chart and change the source from A to B. Is there a way to do this automatically, similar to the edit, find, replace function for data in cells? Hi, You would need to write VBA code to do this. Given you know what the value is...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Logarithm scaling for charts
When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). This is not at present possible in Excel but it would be extremely useful. vroomvondel wrote: > When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in > powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling > interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). > This is not at present p...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Rank a Column + 1 cell from 2nd Col
I have 6 columns: A B C D E F 274 1 269 ? 279 ? 275 2 270 ? 280 ? 276 3 271 ? 281 ? 288 4 283 ? 293 ? Column B represents a simple 'Rank' of Column A In the first row of column 'D' I want the rank of the 269 in relatio to the figures in column 'A' which equals 1. I also want the rank o 270, 271 & 272 in relation to their position on Column 'A' - whic would equal 1, 1, 4 In Column 'F' I want the rank of those figures in 'E' relation to th values of column 'A'. Which would equal 4, 4, 4, 5 Any help would ...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

programatically change chart
I am using powerpoint to programatically create slides displaying MS GRaph Charts. I am using .NET and C#. I am having trouble location help for this topic. My questions are: 1. I want to programatically change the direction of the Category Axis. I wish to rotate them so they are upright instead of on their side. How can I do this? objCatAxis.TickLabels.Orientation = Graph.XlTicklabelOrientationUpWard does not seem to be working. 2. I am having trouble defining colors for my charts. It seems to be happening automatically. I want to control which colors get displayed. I wish to do this pro...

Chart axis custom date format
Dear all! Excel 2003, charting. On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis- number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###, 0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like. On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08 than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between yea...

Format text to add character

Cell value as chart scale maximum
I have a chart on a worksheet and want to make the Y scale maximum value equal the value of cell Y3 (this is a merged cell range Y3:Y5), rounded up to the next “5” increment. For example, 101% in merged cell Y5 would be 105% in the chart Y scale maximum. How would I do this? Hi Phil - Use the approach I describe here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html but link to CEIL(Y3,0.05) instead of Y3. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Phil Hageman wrote: > ...

Adding 2nd Exchange Server
Hi, we are currently running a single Exchange 2003 Server in our domain. Now we tried to add a second Exchange server. the Exchange System Manager recognzies both of the servers. The first server works fine, however, the two servers don't seem to communicate to each other. If I try to send an email from one server to the other, they get stuck in the queue and i get the following messages: The queue on server one (name: server2.domain.com) says "An SMPT-Error occured." the queue on server two (name: server1.domain.com) says "The connection was dropped by the remo...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Drawing Objects disappear from charts
My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. After adding a text box or lines to a chart, the objects disappear when I click outside the chart. They reappear when I then click on the chart. Also, if I move the chart, the objects appear on the worksheet. How do I "attach" the objects to the chart without Grouping them? Grouping them works, but seems cumborsome to use if I want to make changes to the format or data series. On Feb 19, 3:22 pm, Dave <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. > >...

Map Add-On?