Ability 2 put * over single bar in graph 2 indicate stat sig

To indicated statistical significance in academic publishing we often place a
character (e.g. *) above a single bar in a graph.  Currently one uses a text
box which moves and isn't the best.  Make sure the character can be changed
with respect to size and intentisty.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=907a0282-913d-4fe9-aecc-82716d8bed29&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting
0
ainsliek (2)

Didn't I answer this in Mr Excel today?

In a column adjacent to the values, enter a formula that inserts * if
the value is significant, using this kind of logic:

=IF(<significant>,"*","")

Then use one of these free, easy to install and use Excel add-ins to use
this column as labels for the markers in the chart:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

ainsliek wrote:

> To indicated statistical significance in academic publishing we often place a
> character (e.g. *) above a single bar in a graph.  Currently one uses a text
> box which moves and isn't the best.  Make sure the character can be changed
> with respect to size and intentisty.

Hi Jon,

I have been able to download Rob's chart utility and found it useful.

I would like to try out JW's chart tool as well but couldnt find any tool
named chart tool available for download in his Charting section (User tips).

Please paste the link if possible as Im also doing some statistical
significance testing and would like to try both the tools.

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com> wrote in message
> Didn't I answer this in Mr Excel today?
>
> In a column adjacent to the values, enter a formula that inserts * if the
> value is significant, using this kind of logic:
>
> =IF(<significant>,"*","")
>
> Then use one of these free, easy to install and use Excel add-ins to use
> this column as labels for the markers in the chart:
>
> Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
> John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>

> ainsliek wrote:
>
>> To indicated statistical significance in academic publishing we often
>> place a character (e.g. *) above a single bar in a graph.  Currently one
>> uses a text box which moves and isn't the best.  Make sure the character
>> can be changed with respect to size and intentisty.

Did you search John's site for 'Chart tools' (w/o the quotes)?

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <e#LwiwugFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
excel_hariNOSPAM@hotSPAREMEmail.com says...
> Hi Jon,
>
> I have been able to download Rob's chart utility and found it useful.
>
> I would like to try out JW's chart tool as well but couldnt find any tool
> named chart tool available for download in his Charting section (User tips).
>
> Please paste the link if possible as Im also doing some statistical
> significance testing and would like to try both the tools.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Hari
> India
>
> "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com> wrote in message
> > Didn't I answer this in Mr Excel today?
> >
> > In a column adjacent to the values, enter a formula that inserts * if the
> > value is significant, using this kind of logic:
> >
> > =IF(<significant>,"*","")
> >
> > Then use one of these free, easy to install and use Excel add-ins to use
> > this column as labels for the markers in the chart:
> >
> > Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
> > John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss
> >
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > Peltier Technical Services
> > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> > http://PeltierTech.com/
> > _______
> >

> > ainsliek wrote:
> >
> >> To indicated statistical significance in academic publishing we often
> >> place a character (e.g. *) above a single bar in a graph.  Currently one
> >> uses a text box which moves and isn't the best.  Make sure the character
> >> can be changed with respect to size and intentisty.

Hi Tushar,

Thnx.

Pretty foolish of me to assume that the link would be in one of the charting
specific pages (tips). It turned out to be under download files. Found some
other stuff as well.

And yes didnt search for chart tools.

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Tushar Mehta" <tmUnderscore200310@tushar-mehta.SeeOhEm> wrote in message
> Did you search John's site for 'Chart tools' (w/o the quotes)?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>
> In article <e#LwiwugFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
> excel_hariNOSPAM@hotSPAREMEmail.com says...
>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> I have been able to download Rob's chart utility and found it useful.
>>
>> I would like to try out JW's chart tool as well but couldnt find any tool
>> named chart tool available for download in his Charting section (User
>> tips).
>>
>> Please paste the link if possible as Im also doing some statistical
>> significance testing and would like to try both the tools.
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Hari
>> India
>>
>> "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@peltierCAPStech.com> wrote in message
>> > Didn't I answer this in Mr Excel today?
>> >
>> > In a column adjacent to the values, enter a formula that inserts * if
>> > the
>> > value is significant, using this kind of logic:
>> >
>> > =IF(<significant>,"*","")
>> >
>> > Then use one of these free, easy to install and use Excel add-ins to
>> > use
>> > this column as labels for the markers in the chart:
>> >
>> > Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
>> > John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss
>> >
>> > - Jon
>> > -------
>> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> > Peltier Technical Services
>> > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> > http://PeltierTech.com/
>> > _______

Add the ability to extend entities
One thing that frustrates me when using crm is this - I'm setting up the case management workflow and I've got two or three entities that are fairly similar - they're all effectively cases that are raised and need to be resolved, but some are raised internally, some are raised externally, some are product related and others service related. Now each of these cases needs to be handled slightly differently in the workflow, and when I add custom attributes I don't want the internal service attributes to appear for example on a service related case because they are irreleva...

Send/Receive #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5A17F.E6DD0490 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Since upgrading to Exchange 2003 from Ex 5.5, when we go to Send/Receive = we get the error 0x8004010F: The Operation failed. An object could not = be found. My understanding from KB articles this is associated with = Offline Address Book. It looked as if our old OAB was corrupt as when I = went to rebuild it, it gave an error. I have created a new OAB and set = it as default yet my send/receive still gi...

How do I set up 2 email accounts with 2 differnt inboxes?
I set up 2 different email accounts in the same Outlook. Is there a way i can have different inboxes set up for each one so I dont have to "Set as Default" each one and have them both go into the same inbox? tnorton <tnorton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up 2 different email accounts in the same Outlook. Is there a > way i can have different inboxes set up for each one so I dont have > to "Set as Default" each one and have them both go into the same > inbox? Outlook version? Account types? -- Brian Tillman -Microsoft Office Outlook 2...

Automation #2
I have created five (5) grids within Excel consisting of correlations comparing various commodities. Each correlation grid represents years of data (i.e., 5yr, 10yr, 15yr, etc.). Right now, I am manually checking each commodity across every grid to see which other commodities are closely or loosely correlated. At the same time, I check to see if these correlations are consistent across all years of data. Once the correlation is manually validated, I type the summary list into yet another worksheet. Basically, here's an abbreviated example of what the grids look like: AD BO BP C CC CD...

EDC #2
Hello, I am getting a "Connection Error" when tryging to use EDC. It is definitely connect to the Internet but RMS thinks otherwise. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide! Dan Are you on the TSYS platform? Are you getting: - "Connection Error = 400" OR - "Status Failed, Approval Connection Error" -- Jocelyn "Daniel Suh" wrote: > Hello, > > I am getting a "Connection Error" when tryging to use EDC. It is definitely > connect to the Internet but RMS thinks otherwise. > > Thank you in advance for...

Data Validation #2
Basically there are three categories from which the user can selec from. Eg Issues Sub-issues Services-issues - servicing - assessing - delay in assessing - call centre - misquote - information - website (no entry required) - brochure I would like the sub-issues and services-issues to depandant on th issue first chosen, thus limiting the selection on the subissue an servicing-issues drop down. Is this possible in Exce -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Pascale check out Debra Dalgleish's site espe...

Disable ability to create folders in Exchange
Our corperate office has implemented a new document retention policy. Part of the policy requires users to contact the IT department if they want a new folder created in their Exchange mailbox (Each folder must have a retention policy setup by the IT dept using Symantec Enterprise Vault). We have been told that we have to come up with a way to disable our users ability to create folders in their mailboxes. I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to set this type of security on Exchange. I can't see how to do it via "Mailbox Rights". Thanks for the help. I'...

Incoming Messages have wrong time #2
I'm at my wits' end with this. Can someone help? When the clock on my task bar is correct, my incoming email messages arrive with a time stamp of one hour earlier (causing me to think it's been sitting there for an hour if I didn't happen to see it come in) Outgoing messages leave with the correct time stamp. If I go in and click "adjust for daylight savings," the incoming messages have the correct time stamp but ALL of my appointments (past, present, and future) in my calendar are moved forward an hour! I'm serious. A 2:15pm appt suddenly shows as 3:15p...

Unable to Terminate Process #2
I want my program to be such, that the user is not able to stop it from the Task Manager. That is from Task Manager/Processes. Like in the case of 'services.exe ' it is a System runned process and the user cannot end this process..... on trying so....it shows the message.... "This is a critical system process. Task Manager cannot end this process" with the MessageBox having the caption "Unable to Terminate Process" I want my process to be like that.....How can I do that? Else....is there any way by which I can make my process invisible from the TaskManager/P...

if Condition #2
Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I use this using If condition, then how can I do it? Maybe??? =if(or(a1=1,c1=1),10,"what should go here") saraskandan@gmail.com wrote: > > Can anyone clarify my doubt please. I have 3 fields condition 1, > condition 2 and condition 3. If the value of condition 1 or Condition 3 > is equal to 1 then my result should show as 10. How can do this? Can I > use this ...

Putting data tables with charts
I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bottom of a chart. I know how to do the data table but my boss only wants the totals, not the other detailed information. I tried to do a copy/paste but it actually adds the information to the chart and I don't want the information added to the actual chart. Instead of a data table, you could use one of the alternative techniques that Tushar Mehta describes here: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm Jaxxplace wrote: > I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bott...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

How do I do this? #2
I have this formula I need an excel spreadsheet to perform. Can anyon tell me how to do this? I'd greatly appreciate the help. cell1+cell2<$7000 then cell1 + cell2 X 0.062 cell1+cell2>$7000 then $7000-cell1 X 0.06 -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 If cell1 is A1 and cell2 is A2, then put elsewhere =if(A1+A2<7000,A1+A2*.062,7000-A1*.062) -- Gary''s Stu...

can't delete from inbox #2
Windows ME, Outlook 6.0. . After viewing e-mails, forwarding, printing, basic mail functions, I can't delete anything. Have to reboot computer, not just Outlook to recover function. Any ideas? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the disc...

Excel 2003 Bug #2
if you copy a number like '51234123412349999' into excel, excel treats it as a number but cannot handle the length and thus stores it in scientific notation which loses the precision of the original number (it is now 51234123412349900) this is no bloody use why does it automatically remove precision just because it thinks you want a freaking number Hi Read about this in Excel Help: Getting Started > Microsoft Excel Specifications > Calculation Specifications > Number precision -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee ) "Mark"...

mimic cin ability
I am connecting with a hardware device that sends data via keyboard emulation. That is it sends the data as if it were typed on the keyboard. So I wrote a shell that used cin to get those input values. Now I am trying to port my text based system to a dialog so it can be user friendly. So I want to have an edit box that has the cursor put there. I know you can use GetDlgItemText to get text from an edit box, but I don't know of anyway to make the GetDlgItemText wait until a new line character like cin does? I have also tried CWnd* pntr=GetDlgItem(id); to see if there are ...

full address #2
Hi! When i type the first letter of any e-mail address in the TO box, outlook does not complete it to full. any help! Thankx! First you need to type the first three letters, second it only works if you have emailed the person before, and then it only works if you're in Outlook 2002 or 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "amz&qu...

Outlook addin to perform "Advanced Find" across shared folders #2
Is there an addin or 3rd party tool that allows me to search the shared Calendars of multiple users in an Exchange environment? I want to do exactly what the "Advanced Find" or "Search Folders" features do in the current version of Outlook, but I need the searches to work across multiple maiboxes. Thanks There might be some tools here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.htm "Jeff R." <jeff@aol.com> wrote in message news:OWtg2AiQEHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there an addin or 3rd party tool that allows me to search the shared > Calendars ...

Math #2
XL 2000 I make lids(tops) (covers) using a jig but I would like to figure out just how much metal I am using including scraps take a cylinder and stand it on its end. Now looking down at the Diameter and cutting along the Diameter you will cut the pipe in half leaving ( =PI()*Diameter/2). now placing the Diameter side against the inside of a larger circumference pipe there is going to be a space I need to know how to figure the size of a cover that will cover the half of the pipe and the space that is against the Diameter side So let say I have a piece of pipe 18" and I am making a c...

Duplicate look_up values in VLOOKUP #2
Hi all, I've got a VLOOKUP formula functioning in the usual way. However, sometimes the look_up value is duplicated. When this occurs VLOOKUP always returns the first instance of the entry. Is there a means to get Excel to ignore entries it has already returned an entry for? The VLOOKUP is part of a bigger formula, being: =IF(AND('Dependency Log'!$A2=Matrix!$B3, 'Dependency Log'!$E2=Matrix!D$2),(VLOOKUP($B3,look_up,2,FALSE) ),"") Any ideas? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Prof...

Help with an excel graph problem
I created several worksheets, some with three columns of data, covering three years broken down by months, when I create a graph, highlight all three columns, use chart wizard, my values are way off in the graph, the highest value in the sheet is 810, the graph plots it at 2000, when I chart just one column of data,, no problem but as soon as I try to graph all three columns the values are off....I know there is a very simple solution , I just cannot figure it out....thanks in advance for any help, and thanks for not chuckling at me...at least not out loud. Sounds like you are stacking the t...

If, then #2
How do I use an IF, THEN calculation based on the value of another cell here is one way, if this will not do what you want post back with some more information =IF(A1>10,"Greater than ten",IF(A1>5,"Greater than five","less than or equal to five")) -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "new newbie" <new newbie@discussion...

CPropertySheet #2
hi i am working in a dialog based MFC application. i have used CPropertySheet to create a wizard. Where can i write code for the click event of Cancel button. i didn't find any OnWizardCancel in class wizard. priya ...

Give me the ability to set a Customer as "inactive"
I do not see a way to set a customer as "inactive" much like one can do with an inventory item. Helpful if a duplicate customers exist and would block further contamination of customer records if this capacity existed. By contamination I mean having to look at several records to capture the complete activity for that customer. Would want an inactive customer to be displayed at all levels but not be usable at POS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &qu...

Graph/Chart Question
I do not use the chart/grph feature too often. I was trying to use the Chart Wizard to graph the following data: A B C 3-Jan 6.16% 482202 7822780 4-Jan 5.87% 398392 6788552 5-Jan 2.60% 365581 14064487 8-Jan 5.89% 359353 6102299 9-Jan 3.80% 372896 9812270 10-Jan 4.42% 402357 9102141 I think I need to have 2 different scales (% and Natural). I could not figure out how to graph this data. Thank you in advance. On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, carl <carl@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I do not use the chart/grph feature too often. I was trying to use th...