A little Excel Problem.

Can I hide negitive but not posivtive values in cells?

Using Conditional Formatting (Format>Conditional formatting...) set the cell
value to less than 0 and set the font format to white (Presuming no colour
in cell background... if there is use this colour).  The data will still be
there but invisible.  It will print though

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Qallupilluq" <Qallupilluq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I hide negitive but not posivtive values in cells?

To prevent the value from printing, use a custom number format. Select
the range, go to Cells on the Format menu, and click on the Number tab
of the dialog that pops up. A custom number format consists of four
parts, separated by semicolons. The first part is for positive numbers,
the second for negatives, the third for zeros, and the fourth for text.
A format that hides negative numbers would look like one of these:

0.00;;0.00;@
0;;0;@
General;;General;@

More about number formats:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Nick Hodge wrote:

> Using Conditional Formatting (Format>Conditional formatting...) set the cell
> value to less than 0 and set the font format to white (Presuming no colour
> in cell background... if there is use this colour).  The data will still be
> there but invisible.  It will print though

Use a custom format (Format, Cells, Number, choose custom format) such as
0.00;;; to hide negative numbers, zero values, and text.

"Qallupilluq" wrote:

> Can I hide negitive but not posivtive values in cells?
0
Roland (29)

How to alphabetize a column of names on Excel, Word
As in subject Look for Sort in the Help file -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "greenemick" <greenemick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1B22C5-FEF5-4335-B4BD-9589DD438E8F@microsoft.com... > As in subject ...

footers in excel
Can anyone tell me how to create a footer in excel that enables you to locate the file path of the current file (like you can do in Word). It seems that the footers in excel are limited to only what you have available in the footers box. I currently place the file path on my spreadsheet at the very bottom of the page using a hyperlink that points to the current file with the link removed so that it appears as text. But is there another way ?? Thanks xl2002 has this option built in. You could write a macro that adds the footer or you could download John Walkenbach's AddPath ad...

excell documents
when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. instead, i must open excell first click on file then open its then that my documents opens. any idea on what might be causing this. makolomakwem@ananzi.co.za -- hunter Can you single click the excel document to highlight it from the desktop. If so, can you then select "Enter" to open the document. Does the double-click issue happen with any other items on the desktop? "hunter" wrote: > when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. > instead, i must open excell first...

Excel slow down
Hello, i have been using excel to fill in weekly time sheets, one sheet per week. All the workbook contains is a few formulas to work out and total my decimal hours each day, and a short macro to copy and clear a new sheet for a new week (with a userform to get the week start date). at random times, the file size automatically increases from about 500kB to 10MB and starts taking about 10 to 15 minutes to load up. this doesn't occur when i run the macro, it is just random. The only thing i can do is start a new workbook and copy formats then values then import macros, all individu...

excel 2002 #5
When I hit save I get an incremental save how do I turn this off??? ...

pdf file to excel
i have an .rpt file converted to pdf. its in the form of rows an columns. can i use this in excel... i trie the usual methods.. but cudnt conver it.... plz help me with this,,, :) thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Harlan Grove recently posted this: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=OfoQcRvcEHA.2816%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl It might be worth a try for you. "tintin16 <" wrote: > > i have an .rpt file converted to pdf. its in the form of rows and > columns. > can i use this in excel... i trie the usual methods.. but cudnt convert >...

emailing from any web site problem
i get an error that says i have not properly set up default e-mail. then it opens around 50 pages. bogs my system down of course. i have looked in every area possible and have office outlook 2003 set as default. not sure what else i am suppose to do to make e-mailing from a web site possible. ...

Linking Excel columns in two different excel programs
Hi, I have a few excel programs that require the same column of information. I would like to be able to somehow link the column in the different programs so when I add data to the column in one program, excel automatically adds it to the column in the other programs. When I say program, I mean spreadsheets but these spreadsheets are apart of different excel documents or projects. Is it possible to link the columns? Also, is it possible to have about 6 rows in one spreadsheet to automatically display in another sheet without cut and paste? Any help would be great. Thank You Launch He...

Excel Chart Trouble on Auto-Filtered List
I'm plotting a chart based on visible cells in an auto-filtere spreadsheet. Everything works fine as far as the data and legend range go (cols 2 and 3 below). My problem is I want to add a text box to th chart and link that box to the name of the data being plotted, but need to show only a "distinct" cell from the range, i.e. in the exampl below the linked text box shows "GAIG GAIG GAIG" because those cells ar visible. I can't seem to find what Excel function/feature or formula t use to make this display just "GAIG" or "AFG" in the linked text ...

How do I convert Excel 2003 to Excel 98 format?
How can I convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to an Excel '98 format? where can i find 98 format in save as? "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uH9w%233UNFHA.3772@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... : fortjoly wrote: : > How can I convert an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to an Excel '98 format? : If you have 98 Excel and you are trying to open a 2003 file there isn't a : way to convert it. You need to save the file from 2003 as a 98 format. : : gls858 XL98 is Mac XL -- Windows XL has 95 97 2000 XP and 2003 "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in mess...

Can I insert links to Excel workbooks Publisher?
I am working on a newsletter that is a Publisher template and I have some Cash Summary and YTD totals in various Excel workbooks and I cannot figure out a way to insert them into the newsletter. The newsletter is sent to various divisions within my company, so I cannot hyperlink the workbooks because not everyone would be able to access them. Is there any way to do this for either Excel workbooks or Adobe documents? Thanks! ...

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...

Little help?
I'm working on a project at the moment, it's an alarm clock (I'm a newbie so please bare with me). Basically I've got a timer on my page, the interval is set to 1 second and it's activated once I set the alarm. The alarm works if I set it for maybe half an hour, or even an hour. But I've been testing it overnight and when I wake up my computer has been rebooting all night. This continues to happen and the only way to fix it has been to repair Windows (twice), I'm just wondering if the timer interval is too short, or if there is a problem with th...

DEP problem with IE
Dep closes regular IE8 off for some reason under Vista, who knows this problem. thnx ;-) -- Greetings, pcfreak007.be For future consultations related to Internet Explorer, visit the specific group for IE (IE6, IE7 and IE8) post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general: On the web: <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general> In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general -- "pcfreak007" wrote: ...

Works off disk and into Excel
I need to pull off a disk my projects in works spread sheet. Anyone know how this might be done? You must load the files into Works (one at a time, I suppose) and save them in a format that Excel can read. Excel cannot convert them. On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:30:01 -0800, "Vi" <Vi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to pull off a disk my projects in works spread sheet. Anyone know how >this might be done? ...

Excel If Function #2
Can you let me know how I write an IF formula in an excel that will return a TRUE value in the cell D2 if the cell A2 contains the word Alcohol and cell A2 contains the word Drugs and cell C3 contains the word anger. Thanks Nick Read One way: D2: =AND(COUNTIF(A2,"*Alcohol*"), COUNTIF(A2,"*Drugs*"), COUNTIF(C3,"*anger*")) or D2: =IF(AND(COUNTIF(A2,"*Alcohol*"), COUNTIF(A2,"*Drugs*"), COUNTIF(C3,"*anger*")),TRUE,"") In article <099001c55180$96dff2d0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Nick Read" <anon...

Excel 2007 Surface Plot with Logarithmic vertical axis crash
Hi, I am attempting to plot a surface plot with a series of data in Excel 2007. It plots fine, but when I try to make the vertical axis logarithmic (base10) excel stops responding. Trying it on other computers the plot seems to work without a problem in excel 2003, but crashes a friends excel 2007 also. The data i am using is in csv format below, but i assume it is reproducible with any data. Can anyone help me plot this? Thanks James M ,1,0.9,0.8,0.7,0.6,0.5,0.4,0.3,0.2,0.1 1,1.112030506,1.10708952,1.062082767,1.064427376,0.154501915,0.093814373,0.045709133,0.004607677,0.002029419,0....

excel info #2
Is it possible to to search a word into every electronic sheet of an Excel file? thank you for your collaboration claudio Hi you may want to try Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind at: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "claudio" <claudioperc@katamail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:53fe2dba.0409020718.7df4c5ff@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to to search a word into every electronic sheet of an Excel file? > > thank you for your collaboration > > > claudio ...

Sending Excel Files from within Excel
Here is what i want to do: I want to set up a template/form in Excel that i can send a group of sales reps. They will then save this template on their desktop. They will be using it regularly. I then want to have a link or something within the workbook so that they can click it and it will automatically generate a mail for them with the file already attached. Alternatively, click the link and it sends the file for them. It would be sent to the one person all the time so that should make it a little easier. Any help is much appreciated. -- Tony ...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

how do I tabulate data in excel 2003
I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I do that? On May 13, 11:36=A0am, Becky <Be...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do I= do > that? How is your data organized? You start by pretending we cannot see your worksheet and its layout. Then you provide some details. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:36:01 -0700, Becky <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to tabulate some data from 500 surveys with 30 questions. How do...

problem with porting custom app wizard from vc++ 6.0 to vc++7.1(.N
Hi, We are involved in a porting project (from VC++ 6.0 to .Net VC++ 7.1). ** NOT C# or VB..NET. We have a custom app wizard written in 6.0. This basically creates a project with a set of template based classes. We have to port it. But there is a significant change in the way custom app wizards are created in both the versions of vc++. What we did in the previous version was 1) We had 3 dialog based classes that are used to maintain state of the wizard. 2) This state in turn is used to fill in the values of template classes. 3) The class we used for passing the state data to tem...

Opening .dat files created by Excel for Mac
I createsd an Excel workbook on a Mac and emailed it to my self. The atchment is .dat (but that may have just been added by my email program as macs don't have file extensions, Ithink). I cannot open it in Excel XP running on Windows XP. I tried renaming it .xls and various other excel extensions but it still tells me that it dosen't recognize the file. If I open it in a text editor, I can clearly see many of the custom number formats, names, lables, and some cell values I used in the file, as well as formating for a graph I encluded, the name of the worksheets and meaningles...

Excel 97 and Excel 2002 #2
I upgraded to Office XP. I have an expensive piece of software (an Excel Add In) that won;t work with Excel 2002 but does work with Excel 97. Can I load Excel 97 onto a machine that already has Excel 2002 so I can keep using the software? How can I do that so I don't mess everthing up? Thanks. Install 97 in a distinct separate folder. Say No if you're prompted to replace or overwrite anything. Then reinstall 2002, say No to all replace/overwrite questions. But why won't the addin work in later versions ? It should. HTH. Best wishes Harald "sslezak" <sslezak@...

outlook.ost connection problems.
I am running Outlook 2003, and was connected through a LAN to a exchange server (which we intended to remove) and i was running in live mode...I.E. my messages were saved on the server...Before we removed the exchange server i switched to cached mode, and it appeared that all messages were then saved down to my computer...it took hours...We removed the exchange server and my messages were still available locally...when i added another pop3 account to connect to a different email account and removed the exchange email account, the messages vanished! I have located an outlook office d...