3-D Chart background picture prints only partly

Hi,

I have a problem in printing Chart with background
picture:
The Chart type is Clustered Column with a 3-D visual
effect. I right-click the background and choose Format
walls - Fill effects - Picture - Select Picture. I choose
a .jpg picture. Format = Stretch. Apply to Sides, Front
and End.

The picture shows beautifully and prints fine on a black-
and-white printer.
But printing to a color printer (HP DeskJet or Color
LaserJet) only prints 1/9:th of the picture starting from
the upper left corner and stretching it to cover all the
chart background. Print Preview shows the picture totally,
but it prints only a part of it.

The picture prints fine also if I change the Chart type to
a 2-D chart. This problem comes up only in 3-D.

0
anonymous (74723)

I have 5,00 images that need renamed to part numbers
I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but globally with these part #'s? On 2/1/10 4:01 PM, Elizabeth wrote: > I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an > excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but > globally with these part #'s? This seems like something that you could do with VBA as long as there is a way to identify the new name from the old name (is the old name listed in the Excel ...

y axis problems in chart
no matter what data i have entered on the chart datasheet, i keep getting unrelated nonsence #s on the y axis ...

Custom format #3
To format a custom format for credit cards I tried 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no matter what number I put in. Yes have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying it on Excel 2003. Weird problem always ends in 0 ?? On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:56:59 -0400, "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote: >To format a custom format for credit cards I tried > 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. >Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no...

Can I use a logo in place of the standard chart markers
I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to use my company's logo as my series marker on a chart I am working on. Hi Kimberly, Take a look at Jon Peltier's page to see the options available. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html Kimberly Bassininsky wrote: > I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to use my company's logo > as my series marker on a chart I am working on. > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

3 leaflets in landscape on an A4 page. Any suggestions?
Microsoft has wonderful templates. Love them. Can't find a leaflet back and front which is on an A4 page which requires only 2 slices to make it in to 3 leflets. Max usage of paper, minimum cost and minimum environmental cost. Start with something close and modify it. Or remember that not everything needs to be started with a template. Creativity goes a long way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rosemarie" <Rosemarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777EFC05-28DA-45A1-A6FA-687400391573@microsoft.com... > Microsoft has wonderful...

Windows 7, Multi-monitor, and Desktop Backgrounds
I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows 7 Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different width to height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary monitor is 1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black area above and below the background. Even though I can use this black area just like any other area on the monitor, I would like to have the background cover the whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture Position, which ...

WU hangs on 3 of 3
Fresh SBS 2008 install, installed SP2 afterwards, reboot all ok, then executed windows update with all criticals, it downloads and installs succesfully. After reboot it starts windows with "configuring updates x of 3, don't turn off your computer" and the server hangs there on the "3 out of 3" on 0%, there's no lan or disk activity at all and the progress circle just keeps running. This already happened yesterday with a canceled WU(before installing SP2) and we had to format and reinstall thanks to this problem because safe mode worked but after th...

mail delivery #3
i just install new echange 2003 ent. to existing 2000 ad where is exchange 2000 standard. In my test enviroment all mail delivery succees in new server, but when i do exactly same in production, those one's which are in exchange 2003 they can't get any mails from "old server" or outside our corporate. They can send mail to users which mailboxes are inside our corporate, and they received mails from new servers. ...

marimekko chart
Can anybody help me with a marimekko chart? It is a bar chart that has three varialbles. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I've never heard it called that, but it's not too hard. Stephen Bullen has a variable width column chart on his website (http://bmsltd.co.uk and look for FunChrt4.xls), which shows how to vary the width of the columns. Use three series (or however many you need) and make a 100% stacked column chart. For the lines...

Print Setup
I am trying to print multiple tabs with the same first 5 or 6 rows. The pages vary in length, but I need them to be one page each. I set the page to "Shrink to Fit Page" so that all the information print out on one page. However, I need those first 5 or 6 rows to be uniform through out all the pages for uniformity. Is there a way to set the page up to print everything on one page without shrinking certain rows. I can't add the information as a header. It doesn't line up the information with the body of the report correctly if I do. Somehow I just need the...

Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 Migration.
Hello, I am in a bit of trouble here and need some help. We have a Windows 2003 Standard server (X86) running SQL 2005 and SharePoint Services 3.0. We need to migrate the SharePoint Services 3.0 to a Windows 2008 R2 server running SQL 2005 X64. The server name will be different than the original server. Since we have the server name, the operating system version and the processor architecture changing I am looking for clear instructions on how to migrate the SharePoint Application. I read a lot websites including this one here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc5...

Default font for charts?
Is there a way to designate a specific font to be used on all data points when displaying labels on charts? Each month, I have 53 charts which need to be completed for Sales Analysis, and this is multiplied exponentially at business intervals (quarter, half, year end). I typically prefer to use Small Fonts 7 for my data points, and legends, but Arial Narrow 11 for Titles. Also, I do not wish to "globally" change my default font to Small Fonts, but rather to use only in the charting scenario.... All suggestions welcome! TIA, Sandi Make your own chart template, see http://p...

Outlook adding a background on replies
I have a user running Office XP on a Windows XP. When she replies to incoming email, Outlook is adding a background, a very faint checkered format with very light blue lines. You can ahrdly see it, but it is there. Also, her signature text gets added, but in a very light color of yellow. I have changed everything possible that addresses default text color and font. She definitely does NOT have any background image configured within Outlook. And yet it persists. I read somewhere else where the problem may be with using Microsoft WORD as the email editor. I did a search of the Outlook newsgro...

Printing Labels In Publisher #2
I have designed a label in Publisher but only want to print one label at a time. On a sheet of 6 labels, or any sheet, is there a way to keep Publisher from printing the design on all but one of the labels? No, and that's why I do that in Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GRobertM" <GRobertM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:606735DA-ECFF-49DC-A19A-64A21E903C4D@microsoft.com... >I have designed a label in Publisher but only want to print one label at a > time. On a sheet of 6 labels, or any sheet, is there a way to keep > P...

math #3
How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, 2000, etc. I think you need to provide much more detail to get a useful reply. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044868EC-8884-4E40-9F93-EE9C5EFABCFA@microsoft.com... > How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, > 2000, etc. maybe something like =AVERAGE(ROW(INDIRECT("1998:2005"))) as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- ...

Duplicate look_up values in VLOOKUP #3
Hi all, I've got a VLOOKUP formula functioning in the usual way. However, sometimes the look_up value is duplicated. When this occurs VLOOKUP always returns the first instance of the entry. Is there a means to get Excel to ignore entries it has already returned an entry for? The VLOOKUP is part of a bigger formula, being: =IF(AND('Dependency Log'!$A2=Matrix!$B3, 'Dependency Log'!$E2=Matrix!D$2),(VLOOKUP($B3,look_up,2,FALSE) ),"") Any ideas? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Prof...

Combination chart - Line
Hello! I am trying to create a combination chart that has bars and a line. The bars should all relate to one axis while the line should relate to the secondary axis. The problem is that when I make the chart, it relegates one of my bars to a line. I can change the axis to the primary where it should be but it is a line, not a bar. I have also tried making a column only chart and add in my line and secondary axis but to no avail. As soon as I put in the secondary axis, Excel converts one of my bars to a line. Any input would be a great help! Thanks, Debbie Hi, Make you own com...

Upgrade #3
Hi Folks; If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP ????????????????? TIA Later, Malcolm On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:38:57 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@yahoo.com> wrote: > >If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade >just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP >????????????????? > Sure. Just know that you will not be able to use Word as your message editor in Outlook and you will not be able to use Word in a mail merge. -- <<&...

Visio 2003
Hi all. I've been banging my head against the wall here, and would certainly appreciate a hand. I'm working on a reasonably-sized org chart of 400 companies using the Org Chart US Units template & stencil. The source is an Excel sheet with a combination of entered text, numbers, and formulas. Some of the columns are used to modify the appearance of the shape instance, for example, if the parent company is A, then the outline is regular black. But if it's B, then the outline is blue. Or if another value is C, then the shape is a regular rectangle, but if it's D, the co...

CCheckListBox #3
Dear Charles As you suggested to my question posted in ADO.Net news group I added the implimentation of the Create() function of CCheckListBox class. but it is still giving following error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CMyCheckListBox::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CMyCheckListBox@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) Thanks Manjree "Manjree Garg" <garg@newsgroup.nospam> ha scritto nel messaggio news:F59BE84D-88CA-4994-8F1F-D6888AD8D45E@microsoft.com... > As you suggested to my qu...

Data labels on chart
I'd like to add data labels to some of the data points on a line chart. I know how to do it manually, but I'd like to do it in a way that permanently associates the data label with the data point in the underlying data series. For example, I might have a graph of stock prices, which would show jumps or drops at certain points. I might want to label one point with "Yahoo rejects Microsoft offer" and another with "Apple introduces iPhone". I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks. Put the labels in an extra column. Then, check out Rob Bovey's nice Chart labeler:...

more than 3 conditional formating in excel
Hi I am new to conditional formating in Excel. In row 2 I need to enter nos. between 1-5. I want each color to have a particular color. I have managed to do 4 (3 with conditional formating and the 4th retaining the default color). Is there a way i can do all 5 colors? Thanks You need to use VBA. Try this:- Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'Code must be placed in the codemodule of the actual sheet you are working with. Dim oCell As Range For Each oCell In Range("A1:A20") Select Case oCell.Value Case Is < 1 oCell.Interior.Colo...

Paste cell value onto chart
Howdy all, I am creating Normal Probability plots to test normality assumptions and compare variances of two independent datasets. If the plotted data approximate a straight (diagonal) line, the data can be assumed to be normally distributed; and if the two plots are parallel, they can be assumed to have equal variances. I would like to add one additional bit of information to the finished chart, comparison of the Standard Deviation estimates from the two datasets (if larger SD/smaller SD is approximately >=3, then the SD's are probably "too different," and assuming equal var...

OWA #3
Hi , we have the following setup and would like advice as to what others are doing. Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix-->(Internal Network->Exchange Srv) We would like to publish our Outlook Web Access the most secure way possible. We do not want to put a Windows 2k box in the DMZ or outside or Network to use as a front end server. Could we do the following: Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix with port 443 mapped to FrontEndSrv->(Internal Network->FrontEndSrv Exchange with tight security providing OWA for Internal Exchange server)...and of course ssl cert on the Exch box....

chart a time frame
I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of projects where each project has a start date and an end date. I need to chart these projects all into one chart showing the start date and end date for each different project in a monthly calander type of format with the months going across the top of the chart from left to right. I'm having trouble finding a chart that will plot these dates as point "A" and point "B" with a line in between for each different project. What type of chart should I use and how can I get the results that I'm looking for? Thank you ...