2003 vs 2007 Chart problem

When using Excel 2003 I asked this question:

"I have a sheet with 2 charts which get their data from some
calculated cells that I'd really like to hide, but when I hide them,
the chart dissappears. Even making the columns 0 width does this"

....and this was the answer that worked for me:

"You need to change the properties of the chart object.
Hold the SHIFT key whilst selecting the chart. This should give you a
set of white square handles. Press <CTRL+1> to bring up the format
dialog. On the Properties dialog select the option Do not move & size
with cells.
Now when you hide the columns the chart should remain in view. But,
you may find the data in the chart vanishes. In which case select the
chart and use the menu Tools > Options. On the Chart tab uncheck the
Plot visible cells only"

However if I use these key strokes in 2007 I don't get the same.

Am I doing something wrong or did this cange?

Thanks
Neil

Hi,

For 2007 select the chart. On the Format Tab in the Size group click the
dialog launcher (arrow bottom right).
This will bring up a dialog so you can adjust the size and move properties.

On the Design tab in the Data group click Select Data. There is a Hidden and
Empty cells button on the select source data dialog.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"neil40" <neil.grantham@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> When using Excel 2003 I asked this question:
>
> "I have a sheet with 2 charts which get their data from some
> calculated cells that I'd really like to hide, but when I hide them,
> the chart dissappears. Even making the columns 0 width does this"
>
> ...and this was the answer that worked for me:
>
> "You need to change the properties of the chart object.
> Hold the SHIFT key whilst selecting the chart. This should give you a
> set of white square handles. Press <CTRL+1> to bring up the format
> dialog. On the Properties dialog select the option Do not move & size
> with cells.
> Now when you hide the columns the chart should remain in view. But,
> you may find the data in the chart vanishes. In which case select the
> chart and use the menu Tools > Options. On the Chart tab uncheck the
> Plot visible cells only"
>
> However if I use these key strokes in 2007 I don't get the same.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or did this cange?
>
> Thanks
> Neil

0
andy9699 (3616)
9/7/2007 7:33:05 AM
On 7 Sep, 08:33, "Andy Pope" <a...@andypope.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For 2007 select the chart. On the Format Tab in the Size group click the
> dialog launcher (arrow bottom right).
> This will bring up a dialog so you can adjust the size and move properties.
>
> On the Design tab in the Data group click Select Data. There is a Hidden and
> Empty cells button on the select source data dialog.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excelhttp://www.andypope.info"neil40" <neil.grant...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > When using Excel 2003 I asked this question:
>
> > "I have a sheet with 2 charts which get their data from some
> > calculated cells that I'd really like to hide, but when I hide them,
> > the chart dissappears. Even making the columns 0 width does this"
>
> > ...and this was the answer that worked for me:
>
> > "You need to change the properties of the chart object.
> > Hold the SHIFT key whilst selecting the chart. This should give you a
> > set of white square handles. Press <CTRL+1> to bring up the format
> > dialog. On the Properties dialog select the option Do not move & size
> > with cells.
> > Now when you hide the columns the chart should remain in view. But,
> > you may find the data in the chart vanishes. In which case select the
> > chart and use the menu Tools > Options. On the Chart tab uncheck the
> > Plot visible cells only"
>
> > However if I use these key strokes in 2007 I don't get the same.
>
> > Am I doing something wrong or did this cange?
>
> > Thanks
> > Neil- Hide quoted text -

Cheers Andy.
2007 was supposed to be easier! That was tucked away compared to
2003!!!

Neil

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

File in Use problem
I'm revisiting some VBS scripts that I wrote several years ago to generate resumes for me (via Word macros) and would like some guidance on a couple of errors I am getting. I'll post about the two errors separately so that each has its own thread. My VBS script is pretty simple: ======================= ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count > 0 Then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting none." WScript.Quit End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objFolder = o...

Install OWA 2003
HI How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of the EXC2003? Examplo, in server WEB. Tks You can't. OWA is now integrated into Exchange and cannot be separated like you could with Exchange 5.5 installing only OWA. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Alysson" <alyssondk@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:%23yzn1wyrFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > > HI > > How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of > the > EXC2003? > Examplo, in server WEB. > > > Tks > &g...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

Stacked chart
I have created a chart that has multiple data. Goal - 2000000 Present - 4,500,000 January - 450,000 I have the column stacked on top of each other. BUT THE PROBLEM IS that if someone is reading the graph they think that presently we are at 6,500,000. Because the goal is below it @ 2,000,000 and it adds the presently on top of it. I need them to over lap each other. So the numbers on the left are correct. I have used a stacked column graph. Hi, Don't stack the columns then. Use Cluster column chart type instead. Set the overlap value to 100. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Micr...

M2006 Merge Problem
I just installed m2006 small bus. I did my first online update an got duplicate downloads on different accounts. I did a merge o accounts but realized that was not what I wanted. Is there any wa to undo the merge of accounts? I may just un-install and start ove but I don't want to backup my mistake. Is there any way to go bac in time In microsoft.public.money, JeffP wrote: >I just installed m2006 small bus. I did my first online update and >got duplicate downloads on different accounts. I did a merge of >accounts but realized that was not what I wanted. Is there any way...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

Help .... problems with exchange ...
I have one problem .. I am sending mail through CRM .. the contact receives the email but not complete .. The body of the email received only show the first letter of the text ... I already checked the SQL database and in the field Description the text is saved correctly but the field Sender and Receipt have ni data ... do you have any idea what's going on ? BR Karolina B. ...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread. Unfortunately, the messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox (sorted by date). I wanted unread messages first then read messages afterwards. The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't work either) and secondary sort would be by date. The group by is none since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either). The inbox shows that it is arranged by custom. Any suggestions on how to fix this...

Tab Index Problem
I am trying to set the tab index values for my form controls. The problem is that even though I enter a certain value for a particular tab index, it is not saved. It seems to be automatically reassigned. I have tried starting from the end and assigning a high number to those controls so that the lower indeces are available. The tab index values for the controls throughout the form are still being reassigned though :( How can I get the index values that I assign to stay? Thanks in advance for your help. Instead of trying to set the tab index, open VIEW > TAB ORDER and drag and drop the ...

new excel 2003
I work in a small office and wonder if we should buy the new Excel 2003 to upgrade from Excel 2000 that we are currently using. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what the upgrades are. I also want to find some support I can get to explain the differences. thnx Hg, It's probably not worth the price of the upgrade. There's really not much more that you can do with 2003 that you can't do in 2000. One of the Excel gurus who has written some excellent books on Excel (including 2003) has a review on his web site. Take a look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm John ...

notice->There is a problem with this website's security certificat
I got a new Toshiba which came with Vista and IE7, I have both of the following in my trusted sites yet when I log into my work site (a DOD site) it still says the above notice, when i click on -continue (not recommended)- it goes to the site. When I'm on the site and want to check my email, I click on the email icon and get the same notice-problem with websites security, when I click on continue it just keeps reappearing and does not go to the email, even though I have the email web address in my trusted site. Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop this. (I get on to bot these si...

How to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments
I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments. Those are found in Knowledge Base Article #823131 and involve changing the Registry. (There really should be an easier way.) Anyway, despite having followed those instructions explicitly, Outlook continues to save emailed attachments in a folder buried deep in the C: drive that doesn't even show itself when I navigate to it (and even when I set folder options to show hidden folders). Just to try everything, I did a completely clean reinstall of Outlook and then followed the Registry edit ...

Pdf problem
I'm trying to print an Excel file to Acrobat Distiller or PDF writer, and I'm having a problem I haven't encountered before. I select File>Print>Entire Workbook, and it asks for a save location (as it should). I browse to me location, and click OK, then it prints the first few tabs to a pdf file, then prompts me to save again. My 42 page Excel file ends up printed to 7 or 8 different pdf files. Does the page set up have to be exactly the same for each worksheet to be able to print to one file? Thanks for any suggestions. Daniel ...

How do you keep charts
When copying a chart or graph, it doesn't keep the size of the original chart or graph (length/height). How can I keep all of the charts-graphs the same size when copying? ...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

Convert to Outlook 2003
We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and Office 2003. Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions. What are the correct step to bring over there pst files? Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps are to install there Old Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc which now have Outlook 2003. I have tried a couple of ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message it goes to both inboxes in both personal fol...

outlook 2003 new mail sound
why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it You mention that you have it set up in Windows....do you have it enabled in Outlook? Click Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options, and ensure it is checked under new mail options. >-----Original Message----- >why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? >yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it > > >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You mention that yo...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Contacts in Outlook 2003 (and other Office 2003 atrocities)
Every time Microsoft does a new improved version of Office it ruins what few features it had before that worked. Going to Office 2003 (from 2000)makes a real mess of almost all of Office (it ruined what formatting I had in WORD -- the numbering goes to some default that MS thinks I *should* want). It also makes it impossible for me to find people (not CONTACTS, these are FRIENDS) I had in my address book in Outlook. For example I used to be able to type in my friends' nicknames, but that doesn't work in 2003 (the nickname is there alright, but you can't retrieve them by typing t...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Outlook 2003 #240
Just installed Outlook 2003, running Outlook 2000 prior. Here is my problem; 1) I launch Outlook 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER NAME NULL 3) Close this window. Then I can press send/receive button, however, it cannot check for new email. In addition, if I create a new email from within Outlook, there is no "send-emal" button. HELP! Thanks. Steve <nospam@abc.net> wrote: > 1) I launch Outlook > 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER > NAME NULL > 3) Close this window. Tools>E-mail Accoun...