2000/2003 Chart Not Visible In 2007!

I'm using Excel 2007 on Vista.

A worksheet with 3 charts (3 whole sheets) was created in Excel 2003. None
of the charts appear. Their sheets are there, but they're blank screens: no
background, no grid, no nothing. There are no active ribbon buttons while on
a chart sheet. I installed HotFix KB938538, but that didn't help. Still
nothing.

I asked for info via the Immediate Window. They all appear to still be
there! The Series', the Titles, the Legends. The data they reference is also
still there; and visible! The workbook has no external links.

What can I do to make them reappear?

Excel 2007 is the only version I have with which to maintain this client's
data. It might be possible to retrieve all the info I need to recreate them
via the Immediate Window, but that's a formidable task! I also know there
are some chart parts inaccessible to VB; e.g., the DataRange, and the
individual components of the Formula, like Values. (The Formula is
available!)

Any help?

DEFAULT PRINTER!

It turns out Excel 2007 needs a compatible printer specified as Default in
order to show charts. Since this laptop has never had a printer connected to
it, it's Default Printer was who-knows-what. A Microsoft Tech made the
simple switch, and everything appeared! This is what he chose: Microsoft
Office Document Image Writer

Hooray!

"victorcamp" <victor.campbell@timbercreek.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Excel 2007 on Vista.
>
> A worksheet with 3 charts (3 whole sheets) was created in Excel 2003. None
> of the charts appear. Their sheets are there, but they're blank screens:
> no background, no grid, no nothing. There are no active ribbon buttons
> while on a chart sheet. I installed HotFix KB938538, but that didn't help.
> Still nothing.
>
> I asked for info via the Immediate Window. They all appear to still be
> there! The Series', the Titles, the Legends. The data they reference is
> also still there; and visible! The workbook has no external links.
>
> What can I do to make them reappear?
>
> Excel 2007 is the only version I have with which to maintain this client's
> data. It might be possible to retrieve all the info I need to recreate
> them via the Immediate Window, but that's a formidable task! I also know
> there are some chart parts inaccessible to VB; e.g., the DataRange, and
> the individual components of the Formula, like Values. (The Formula is
> available!)
>
> Any help?

Queues in exchange 2000
Hi all, Cenario, Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2000 SP3 I have a little problem. By Christmas, we sent christmas postcards by e-mail. For some reason the e-mails where not sent, and stayed in the queue retrying. I removed them from the queue, connector after connector (about 150). Now everytime i restart the Exchange Server, they return to the queue. The person that sent those e-mails, starts receiving the NDR(around 300!!!!) so does the Administrator. This situation becomes painfull, since we have mailbox limits, with those NDR the user reaches the limit everytime. Any ideia how to real...

Cyclic Redundancy Error
Just bought a new box and upgraded to Office 2003. I was singing the praises of MS particularly for the updates to Outlook when all of a sudden it crashed and burned. I've recovered from the blow out but still do not know what caused it. Thus I am moving slowly to make sure it does not happen again. Here is the process, symptoms, and "what I did." The new box is a Hp pavilion 367c, P-4 2.8HT running Office 2003. Also running NAV/PFW as well as Cloudmark SpamNet. Latest versions of each. Copied outlook.pst from old computer which was running Office 2000 With some creative proble...

Outlook 2000 - Installation Problem
I am running Outlook 2000 under Windows XP Home on a laptop and have been doing so for 18 months. I have recently been getting the following problem: 1. When Windows has finished loading, I load Outlook without any problems - loads without problems, including personal toolbars. 2. When I close Outlook - no problems either 3. If I open Outlook again, I get an error message saying "Improper Installation", but it loads OK except that it looses my personal toolbars. When I try to view an e-mail through preview pane, it just appears grey. 4. When I close Outlook, it closes with an er...

Printing question using 2003
I create flyers for my theater group on my home computer and then take them to another location to print the flyer on a new large-format printer. We have been having problems having the large-format printer print the file as a 18"x22" or other desired large size poster. It wants to print as it would on my home printer...like a group of six sheets that have to be taped together. Won't Publisher allow you to create in a letter size format (8.5"x11") and then automatically expand all text boxes, graphics, clip art, word art, etc to fit the enlarged large-format pr...

Resource Availability Graph in Project Server 2007
I'm seeing a discrepency in the Resource availability graph and what a published Gantt chart is showing. Basically, the resource availability graph is no longer showing the resource as having work on a particular date, when the gantt chart clearly shows the assignment. Also, from the Resource center, when I click View Assignments for that resource, the assignment is shown just as it is in the Gantt chart. The weird thing is, the Resource Availability graph once showed this resource as having work for that project. Since then the Gantt was edited and published, but the p...

Open Excel 2003 files with Excel 2007
Hi all, I'm having a strange problem with Excel 2007, maybe somebody can give me some help with it. If I open a xls file that was created using Excel 2003 with Excel 2007 it's very fast. If I try to open a file which is already opened by Excel 2003 using Excel 2007 it takes forever, maybe 1 min, to get the "File in Use" message. Is there a way to speed up this? Regards, ...

Upgrade from v5.5 (pervasive SQL) to v8.0 (MS SQL 2000)
Has anyone done this upgrade? I don't think the software upgrade would be a problem but my concern is the database conversion. Can anyone comment whether they have tackle this themselves and if Microsoft was helpful with this upgrade. I have not gone from 5.5 to 8 but I've done many updates from 5.5 and many to 8.0. You've got a few stops in between, as you probably know. Depending upon the data size and how many companies, it's going to take a few days to convert. I would go to 5.5 on SQL Server and then start updating from there to 8.0. Make darn sure you run the...

Right click in Outlook 2000 SR-1
The menu doesn't appear when right clicking on messages. There is no problem right clicking in any aother application or with the Windows 2000 OS. ...

Exchange server 2003 smtp queue
Hi! I think I have a virus. I have many messages (email) in the SMTP queue. These are "strange messages". For example : from jkfkdjdf.jkuii@yahoo.com to hyhuiiiokl@yahoo.com The exchange server, naturally, can not deliver and I have a lots of messages waiting. Could anyone help me, please ? Antonio Grasso First, open up any of the message in Notepad. Look at the received header and find out what machine inside your organization is generating those emails. Take that machine off of your network. Second, check if your Exchange server is open for relay. It should not be ...

Windows 2000 server exchange 2000 and xp workstation
Ok, I got the snap in and everything but im missing the tab in user propertied that allow you to hide an email address in the global book, along with other protocal restrictions and such. any ideas? You got what snap-in? Did you install the Exchange 2000 Management Tools? Did you install the same SP that is on your Exchange server? Try enabling the Advanced view within ADUC. View, Advanced View. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Lansweeper on sbs 2003 premium
Got some people on the network with undesirable software on their workstations. Due to some crappy software that we need, I can not demote them to regular users on their machines. So I saw this software in the internet for free!!! Anybody has done this? any gotchas? Regards Miguel s�nchez "Miguel Sanchez" <santaki2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#M39t$YsKHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Got some people on the network with undesirable software on their > workstations. Due to some crappy software that we need, I can not demote > them to regula...

Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2000
I am configuring my new office computer and cannot figure out how to import my Outlook 2000 files and archives from the old computer to the new computer. The only information I have been able to find is importing Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 - but this does not seem to apply to Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2000. These are the steps I believe should work - but don't quite make sense to me: On the new computer: Open Outlook File Import and Export .....Which "action to perform" option will work? None of the options seem to include Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance for your he...

outlook 2000 locking up
working on msExchange on server with win2000 prof. working on Outlook 2000 on workstations with win98. On 2 of our workstations out of the blue, they will not allow user to create a new message, forward a message, or display the entire message. It locks up their computer requiring a hard boot. Have tried a number of remedies. Ironically, the only one that worked was downgrading to Outlook 97 ...

new chart types #2
HELP! I am doing a presentation on osteoporosis and one statistic I want to bring to life is "1 of 2 women". I have seen similar data portrayed by a picture of women with 1 out of 2 highlighted. Does such a graph exist in excel or hpw would I create one? Thank you so much. Lisa This requires a little bit of work but is not too difficult. I will assume you have a picture you like. In an image editing program save a copy of the picture with transparency set to 70 to 75% (experiment with this for the visual effect that appeals to you). In XL, create the chart as follows. Suppo...

Quicksell 2000 / Windows 2000
I've been running Quicksell 2000 for over five years on Windows 95 on NEC pentium II 233's, and it runs great. But now, its time to upgrade my hardware, and hence, upgrade my OS. I've been trying to get QS2000 to run on the new machine and I can't get it to run. I have a parallel port dongle for the software, and I've tried installing it too, but I can't get the system up and running. I don't have the original install disks, they were damaged in a break-in 4 years ago. Anyone have any hints for me? Should I just install the demo system and copy my datab...

delay sending out all emails outlook 2003
How do I permanently delay sending out all emails for 2 minutes if I realize there is an error or I forgot an attachment? Use Rules. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080508.htm#3 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

outlook 2000 takes several minutes to load
I have a client using outlook internet mail only(no exchange) that takes several minutes to load since about 1 week ago. it runs normal (as far as i can see) once it is loaded. Any reason for the slow loading?? thanks CR ...

Outlook 2007 Contact Display Missing Scroll Bar
When I open a contact I am missing the right-side scroll bar. How do I get it back? Thanks "Kristin M" <KristinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCBDD990-4B7E-4D4C-BA57-279291464CA3@microsoft.com... > When I open a contact I am missing the right-side scroll bar. How do I get > it back? There is no right-side scroll bar on the Contact form, assuming you mean one for the entire form. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > "Kristin M" <KristinM@discussions.microsoft.c...

Pubisher 2000
I have created a one page document in pub 2000 and when I try to save it it say the following : " The disk is full tying to write C:Documents and Settings. Please save this file on a different disk and /or drive. I have tried to save it to A: as well as on my network drive. I have check them all and I still have plenty of space left? Any suggestions? I really do not want to lose this document. What you will have to do is open another instance of Publisher and copy and paste the information from that file that will not save to the new publication. Publisher is not at all n...

Outlook 2000 #135
I installed Outlook 2000 on a new computer setup as part of the office package. My Internet provider only supports outlook express, so I use outlook express. At startup I get a message that there is not a default e-mail program. That I should run Outlook and set it as the default reader. Is there a way to stop this or uninstall outlook with out removing the other office programs? ...

Microsoft Office 2000 and XP Outlook
I have multiple email accounts, all pop3 accounts. On XP version of Outlook, I could utilise the Profile function to manage all email accounts separately. I would like to know if this Profile is available on Office 2000 Outlook (can't seem to find it). If not, is there a way to manage multiple accounts separately on Office 2000 Outlook? Thanks! Pagam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have multiple email accounts, all pop3 accounts. > On XP version of Outlook, I could utilise the Profile > function to manage all email accounts separately. > > ...

Problem with Section Breaks Word 2003
I am creating a Master Document that contains several separate documents. I am trying to separate the subdocuments with Section Break-Next Page, and then have separate headers start in each Section. When I insert Section Break Next Page, and then go to edit the Header, I find that the program has changed the section Break it to Section Break Continuous . When I delete the Section Break-Continous and insert a Section Break-Next Page in its place, the program deletes my PREVIOUS Section Break- Next Page and changes it to Continuous. The Headers disappear at the same time. madd...

sending in outlook 2000
for some reason i can't send e-mails using outlook2000. i get an error message stating can't find WBB DLL. the source of the problem seems to be something with the address book ... i think. anyway does any one have any ideas. i have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook thanks Is this the W"A"B.dll? If yes, then your Windows Address Book is damaged. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted withou...

How can I display my table in chart area?
I have a table and I create a line diagram from this table. I want the table (data) to be shown in chart area. How can I do that? Regards Several ways: Chart menu > Chart Options > Data Table tab. Chart sheet: Camera tool (Tools menu > Customize > Commands tab, select Tools in left list, scroll 3/4 of the way down right list, drag the Camera to a convenient toolbar). Select the range, click the Camera icon, click in the chart. Embedded chart: Convert to chart sheet, use Camera tool as above, convert back. Embedded chart: Create the table next to the chart, use formatting ...

How do I integrate Outlook 2003 and Business contact manager?
I am unable to use either program separetly )outlook 2003 orbusiness contact manager) but not the 2 together. I recently purchased the computer and software and am running on XP. Help would be much appreciated. Since Business Contact Manager is an add-in for Outlook 2003, there is no way you can use them separately. BCM works only inside Outlook 2003. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Road King" <Road King@discussions.micros...