2 questions #2

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.
0
assaf1978 (2)

Hi,
It sounds like you're after a step chart.
Try Jon Peltier's site for some examples.
Dave

"assaf1978" wrote:

> Hi,
> No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
> them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
> 42 to 33 on x=33.
>
> No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
> each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
> the tool tip when I hover over that point?
>
> Thanks,
> Assaf.
0
DaveCurtis (36)
2/16/2009 8:56:03 AM
Thanks, What about no. 2?

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

> Hi,
> It sounds like you're after a step chart.
> Try Jon Peltier's site for some examples.
> Dave
>

> "assaf1978" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
> > them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
> > 42 to 33 on x=33.
> >
> > No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
> > each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
> > the tool tip when I hover over that point?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Assaf.
0
assaf1978 (2)
2/16/2009 9:46:02 AM
Hi,
I think you'll need VBA for that. I don't know whether it can be done.
My alternative is to use data labels linked to checkboxes, enabling you to
turn the data labels on or off, individually if necessary.

Dave

"assaf1978" wrote:

> Thanks, What about no. 2?
>
> "Dave Curtis" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > It sounds like you're after a step chart.
> > Try Jon Peltier's site for some examples.
> > Dave
> >

> > "assaf1978" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
> > > them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
> > > 42 to 33 on x=33.
> > >
> > > No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
> > > each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
> > > the tool tip when I hover over that point?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Assaf.
0
DaveCurtis (36)
2/16/2009 10:11:01 AM
Hi,

You could try Tushar's addin.
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index.html

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"assaf1978" <assaf1978@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, What about no. 2?
>
> "Dave Curtis" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> It sounds like you're after a step chart.
>> Try Jon Peltier's site for some examples.
>> Dave
>>

>> "assaf1978" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that
>> > connects
>> > them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and
>> > from
>> > 42 to 33 on x=33.
>> >
>> > No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text
>> > for
>> > each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them
>> > in
>> > the tool tip when I hover over that point?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Assaf.

0
andy9699 (3616)

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

Outlook 2003, selecting Contacts question, long post, Please give feedback
We are using Outlook to manage a rather large client base. (it's not the best program for our use, but I'm not the boss) Right now the number stands at 900, with a possible 500+ more by the time we're done entering. I have to select clients each day and print them, 2 per page. I have to be in Detailed View to get the info I need to print. The "clicking and selecting" method is clumsy because if I click on the Initial column at the far right, it de-selects those already selected. Most days, I need to print 20-30 pages, (40-60 clients) I've resorted to just selecti...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

Questions related to code customization
-Where can I add my Java Script code ? -how can I use CRM SDK?(developpe classes or ASP.NET using the SDK libraries?) Hi Ahmed, You can add the script from settings->customizations->Customize Entity->Select the Entity->Goto Forms n Views-Select the Form-Click Form Properties to add Script or select the field then Change Properties to add Script. You can add it under Events. You can create .Net Application and access the MS CRM using web services.. you can find sample codes along with SDK files. The questions were pretty much covering the customization of MS CRM and requires hel...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

question re: read icon
When I open my inbox in the morning the read icon appears beside each message. Throughout the day as I retrieve mail, some of the messages will have the read icon and some of them will have the unopened icon. Why do some of the messages appear to have been read if I have never opened them or even clicked on them? Thanx in advance for your help ...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...

CRM 1.2 subnet change
I am moving my CRM servers to a different site for DR, and I need to know if I need to do anything to the server besides updating the DNS records with the new IPs. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks ...

a couple of spell check questions
Neither of these is more than an inconvenience but... How can I prevent spell check from checking the subject text in replies? If I'm replying to an email, I don't want to correct or change the subject. Sometime when I create a new email, I get a message "Spell checking has been halted. Do you want to send anyway" when I didn't halt the spell checker. Is this a known problem? Hi Duane, Q1 Check "The original text ..." box. Q2 - Tools; Options; Spelling. UNcheck "Always check spelling before sending" and Check spelling in current in...

duplicate #2
I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one of each? Metalteck wrote: || I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them || are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one || of each? have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely.......... Free at www.asap-utilities.com Vaya...

Random Number Generator #2
I need to create a random number generator in Excel 2000 to fill one column and about 3000 rows. How do I go about doing this? To generate a random whole number between 1 and 3000, you can use =int(rand()*(3000-1)+1) binder Wrote: > I need to create a random number generator in Excel 2000 to fill on > column > and about 3000 rows. How do I go about doing this -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...