2 pivot tables on one tab

Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook?
Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital
Pircahses?  I have 5 coums and 4 rows.  The rows are per division, and the
columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation &
purchase price.  I already have one pivot table in my report.  Would this be
too repeatative?
Thanks
0
Pam1 (264)

You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is
based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some
distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table can then be pivoted based on
different criteria.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook?
> Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart
> Capital
> Pircahses?  I have 5 coums and 4 rows.  The rows are per division, and the
> columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value,
> depreciation &
> purchase price.  I already have one pivot table in my report.  Would this
> be
> too repeatative?
> Thanks

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
10/14/2008 6:03:37 PM
My second table ios not based on the same information.  Once I copy and paste
the pivot table, can I change where the information is coming from?  won't
that change both the tables?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is
> based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some
> distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table can then be pivoted based on
> different criteria.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook?
> > Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart
> > Capital
> > Pircahses?  I have 5 coums and 4 rows.  The rows are per division, and the
> > columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value,
> > depreciation &
> > purchase price.  I already have one pivot table in my report.  Would this
> > be
> > too repeatative?
> > Thanks

0
Pam1 (264)
10/14/2008 7:11:02 PM
Hi Pam,

you can do it either way.  Maybe the easiest for your case:
1. Create the first pivot table from the 1st data set
2. Select the second data set and go through to the 3rd step of the wizard
a. If the data for this second table comes from the same sheet where the
first pivot table is just indicate that you want the pivot table in an
Existing worksheet and then indicate the cell.
b. If the data for this second pt comes from a different sheet, just
indicate that you want the pivot table in an Existing worksheet and then
click the tab of that sheet and then the cell in that sheet where you want to
place it.

Alternatively,  Create the two pivot tables on their own sheets.  Then
select one of the pivot tables and choose Cut, move to the other sheet and
choose Paste.

There are other ways as well.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Pam" wrote:

> My second table ios not based on the same information.  Once I copy and paste
> the pivot table, can I change where the information is coming from?  won't
> that change both the tables?
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
> > You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is
> > based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some
> > distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table can then be pivoted based on
> > different criteria.
> >
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> > Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> > _______
> >

> > "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook?
> > > Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart
> > > Capital
> > > Pircahses?  I have 5 coums and 4 rows.  The rows are per division, and the
> > > columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value,
> > > depreciation &
> > > purchase price.  I already have one pivot table in my report.  Would this
> > > be
> > > too repeatative?
> > > Thanks

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Pivot Table Error
Hi, I have two pivot tables in the workbook and a macro button to refresh the tables. We've uploaded the template on the web browser for users. My problem is when some of the users submitted the completed workbook to us, the pivot tables was copied and pasted over. The workbook was password protected and I seriously doubt that the users know how to copy and paste an existing pivot table. Have anyone came across this problem? If so, is there a reason why this keeps on occurring and what is the solution? Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Table of contents-like report
Hello all, I have a nned to create a report that would be similar in style and function to a Table of Contents. For example, I have 2 reports. One containing a list of vendors with vendor number and vendor name. The second containing all of the items for that vendor as well as other details. I would like the first report to link to the page containing the items for that vendor. So, something like this: Vendor# Vendor Name Page# 1 Vendor 1 1 2 Vendor 2 2 3 Vendor 3 2 W...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Delete Pivot Table Calculated Field
Hello all: I am using Excel 2003. I am trying to delete a calculated field from a pivot table report. Everything I have found tells me to simply slect the field in the pivot table formula dialog box and click Delete. The Delete box is greyed out and pressing the Delete key also does not work. Any suggestions? TIA in advance for any help. Crownman You may first click the pivot table report, then on the PivotTable toolbar, click PivotTable or PivotChart, point to Formulas, and then click Calculated Field. In the Name box, select a calculated field you want to delete. Click Delete. refresh...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

Pivot chart or text box?
I am trying to create a form that will show a picture of a cylinder or something like that that has a specific length. There will be specific lenghts taken out of that (representing items being cut from it), or maybe just filling up that specific percentage of the cyliner. This is to optimize product and minimize waste. I would like my employees to just see the size of each thing they have to cut and a picture they can look at and show how many cuts will come out of one full part. I could use some code examples or maybe some data bases that might have some examples I could use as a referen...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

How do I create different hyperlinks within one cell in Excel 2003
I need to have different items in the same cell(in Excel 2003), linking to different areas within the Excel doc. Basically, I need to have numerous hyperlinks within one cell. However, I only seem to be able make a link out of an entire cell. I there any way around this? Maybe you can cheat. Format the text in the cell so that the "hyperlink" part is blue/underscored (just give it that appearance). Then put a rectangle from the drawing toolbar (hide the borders) over that text. Assign your hyperlink to the rectangle (not the cell). Repeat for each link you need. GeorgeD wro...

filter a table based on a query
What I really want to do is update a table when another table has been edited. I have a table of attendence, and another for registration that the table attendence is created from based on an Append Query. I managed to create a delete query for when course are cancelled to delete records in the attendence table, but when an individual cancels a course, I'm having trouble figuring out how to delete because this query and table are not linked directly. So I was thinking alternatively of writing a macro and applying a query to filter my table and then working out that all 'present' fi...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...

CRM 1.2 subnet change
I am moving my CRM servers to a different site for DR, and I need to know if I need to do anything to the server besides updating the DNS records with the new IPs. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks ...