2 Axis Pivot Table Based Chart Problem

Hi,

I have a Pivot Table with 6 data types.  1 has a wide scale, say 1 -
100,000.  The other 5 data types have a scale that is narrow, say 1 -
20.  After I create the Pivot Chart from the Pivot Table and choose a
"Line - Column on 2 Axes" type chart, Excel assigns the first 3 data
types to the scale on the left (which happens to be the small scale)
and the other 3 data types to the large scale, even though 2 of those
last 3 are small scale data types.  So, the result is 2 data series
displaying as if they are zero, because their values are things like
3, 7, 11, 0.5, yet Excel has forced them to display on the 1 - 100,000
scale.  Any way around this?  VB would be fine.

Thanks,

Ted

To plot a series on the secondary axis:

1. Select the series that you want on the secondary axis
2. Choose Format>Selected Data Series
3. On the Axis tab, select Secondary Axis.
4. Click OK

When you refresh the pivot chart, the formatting will be lost. You could
record a macro as you refresh the pivot chart, and format the series.
Then run the macro as required.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

Bart chart with lines showing % change between elements
I have 5 sets of data, each with a before and after amount that has been charted using a simple bar chart. Is it possible to have excel, using a line from the before element to the after element, show the % change between the two? I can easily calculate the percent change between the two, but if I graph it and set it to a line, the only way it can be seen is if I chart it on an alternate axis. Further, I just want a line from the top of the before element to the top of the after element, and a label showing the % change. Confused? Hope not :) Thanks for any help! I might be tempted to...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Aaarggh! Cache mode problems again!
I know there's a fix out there for this one, i just can't find it on MS's web site. For users who are running Outlook2k3 with cached exchange mode, new entries in the GAL do not appear. Users who don't use cached exchange mode or who use OWA can see the new addresses just fine. If cached exchange mode users temporarily turn this feature off, they can once again see all the new addresses. Does anyone know where Microsoft hid the hotfix for this one? I'm thinking that it must've been overwritten during a recent round of patching and updating. Thanks. There is no ...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

Outlook 2002 Export to File Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 "Export to file" to get the .pst files in an exported file so it can be imported into another system. The problem is that this is no longer functioning as it used it. It no longer displays a window showing the files it is scanning and putting in the export file. It also never completes and the export file remains locked down unless you kill Outlook. Please help! Are you trying to get the .PST file data to another system running Outlook, or are you trying to convert to some other program or file format? If you're just moving data between Outlook in...

Table of contents-like report
Hello all, I have a nned to create a report that would be similar in style and function to a Table of Contents. For example, I have 2 reports. One containing a list of vendors with vendor number and vendor name. The second containing all of the items for that vendor as well as other details. I would like the first report to link to the page containing the items for that vendor. So, something like this: Vendor# Vendor Name Page# 1 Vendor 1 1 2 Vendor 2 2 3 Vendor 3 2 W...

Protection Problem #3
I have a 3 sheet excel file with protection on all 3 sheets (let's call them A, B and C). These 3 pages have formulas that link to each other. Sheet A has a few checkboxes that link to sheet C. The problem is that when I try to check any of the check boxes on sheet A an error box pops up that says "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read only". Is there a way to protect a sheet while being able to check a box off that is linked to another sheet? What protection options would allow me to do this? Thanks in advance. Dave -- Dave123 ----------...

Pivot Table Error
Hi, I have two pivot tables in the workbook and a macro button to refresh the tables. We've uploaded the template on the web browser for users. My problem is when some of the users submitted the completed workbook to us, the pivot tables was copied and pasted over. The workbook was password protected and I seriously doubt that the users know how to copy and paste an existing pivot table. Have anyone came across this problem? If so, is there a reason why this keeps on occurring and what is the solution? Thanks in advance for your help! ...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Need a stacked bar chart with each stack representing a month
Need a stacked bar chart with each section of the stack representing a month, but some of the months have a negative number. The chart moves the negative number to the bottom of the graph, when I need it to show in monthly order. Any help on this would be great! I agree that it is annowing. What I do is plot the absolute values of the data and selectively change the colors for the negative to indicate negative. "KellyT@HLI" wrote: > Need a stacked bar chart with each section of the stack representing a month, > but some of the months have a negative number. The chart...

problems compiling xsd in .Net 2003
Hi, I have an .xsd document (Inc_B.xsd) that "includes" two more from the same folder: <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc.xsd" /> <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc_A.xsd" /> They all have the same targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:ir="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" When I try to use xsd utility from .Net command prompt to compile Inc_B.xsd - I receive the following error: Could not find file '\Inc_B folder\Inc.xsd'. I need to assign 'Inc_B.xsd'...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

SP1 Update Problem
Installation of sp1 using update.exe The next button is not enabled on component selection page. Would anyone know why? Thanks in advance Have you selected anything on the Component Selection page? This would normally indicate that you are not in a state for SP1 to be applied. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:O1aFu1nREHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Installation of sp1 using update.exe > > The next button is not enabled on component selection page. > >...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Delete Pivot Table Calculated Field
Hello all: I am using Excel 2003. I am trying to delete a calculated field from a pivot table report. Everything I have found tells me to simply slect the field in the pivot table formula dialog box and click Delete. The Delete box is greyed out and pressing the Delete key also does not work. Any suggestions? TIA in advance for any help. Crownman You may first click the pivot table report, then on the PivotTable toolbar, click PivotTable or PivotChart, point to Formulas, and then click Calculated Field. In the Name box, select a calculated field you want to delete. Click Delete. refresh...

Chart Series Not displayed
I have 15 chart series in my chart. When I view them on the 'command line' within the chart, I only see 14. When I view them through the Chart -> Source data page, I see 15 series. The 15th series is not being displayed on the chart. Where is it and what do I need to do to get it to display? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi, I assume by 'command line' you mean formula bar. The series formula will only appear if the series has valid data. If you have empty cells or #N/A's then it will not appear. Cheers Andy Barb Reinhardt wrote: > I have 15 chart series in ...

Pivot chart or text box?
I am trying to create a form that will show a picture of a cylinder or something like that that has a specific length. There will be specific lenghts taken out of that (representing items being cut from it), or maybe just filling up that specific percentage of the cyliner. This is to optimize product and minimize waste. I would like my employees to just see the size of each thing they have to cut and a picture they can look at and show how many cuts will come out of one full part. I could use some code examples or maybe some data bases that might have some examples I could use as a referen...

AllUser query-based Distribution Global
Hello All.. I have a question, I created a global group for all users in my organization using a query-based distribution global e-mail enabled group, now what I notice is that this created am extra e-mail for all my users with some digits, example: 1ekj32@domain.com and while this works fine for everyone sending to the all users group it changed all the users primary e-mail address from the correct e-mail address to the one with the number, so when users send e-mail out it actually goes out using the number@domain.com instead of username@domain.com. Now I could manually change the primary...

Data - Validation
Hi all I have a sheet with Data Validation with a List.where In-Cell DropDown is cheked. For some reason the dropdown does NOT appear in the cell when it is selected ? Anyone know why ? (Excel XP) Thanks, Flemming It happens to me ALL the time, especially if I have any "frozen" window panes. All I can do is to close Excel and restart and then the drop down is there for me. Mike >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >I have a sheet with Data Validation with a List.where In- Cell DropDown is >cheked. > >For some reason the dropdown does NOT appear in the...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...