100% stacked column/clustered column

Hello
I have a 100% stacked column chart (12 columns). The first two columns show data for:

EUN 2002
EUN 2003

The next two shows data for:
EUS 2002
EUS 2003

and so on.

I want to have EUN 2002 and EUN2003 placed without any space (as in a clustered column chart). Similarly for EUS 2002 and EUS 2003
and on.

Any help?

Hans Knudsen

Hi Hans -

Through careful arrangement of the data in your worksheet, you can make
a stacked column chart that looks like a clustered-stacked column chart.
There is a tutorial showing this technique on Bernard Liengme's site:

     http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm

which is based on the example on Stephen Bullen's web site:

     http://www.bmsltd.ie/Excel/Default.htm
     Go to Charting Examples, and download FunChart4.xls

The following MSKB article has an example:

     XL2000: Creating Charts with Multiple Groups of Stacked Bars
     http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;214119

These examples are given for simple stacks, but you can make 100%
stacked columns just as easily.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Hans Knudsen wrote:

> Hello
> I have a 100% stacked column chart (12 columns). The first two columns show data for:
>
> EUN 2002
> EUN 2003
>
> The next two shows data for:
> EUS 2002
> EUS 2003
>
> and so on.
>
> I want to have EUN 2002 and EUN2003 placed without any space (as in a clustered column chart). Similarly for EUS 2002 and EUS 2003
> and on.
>
> Any help?
>
> Hans Knudsen

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How can I alphabetize a column by last name?
I can't find the A-Z, Z-A button to group a column by last name. Publisher is unable to do this; you could build the list in Word, do the alphabetizing and then copy paste into Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "RAD" <RAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A514B07-8355-4F6C-893B-90638BABA460@microsoft.com... >I can't find the A-Z, Z-A button to group a column by last name. ...

Clustered column chart with stacked coumns
Is there a way to have a clustered column chart that has stacked columns? Thanks Hi Dave, Check Jon's page for an example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Dave wrote: > Is there a way to have a clustered column chart that has stacked columns? > > Thanks -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

access 2003 table desgin description column
Hi, Whenever I type something in the description column in the table design page, a tiny tool bar (with a power/electricity icon) will always pop out in the next line blocking me to type another description for the other field. The tool bar is showed as a "property update options" and has only 2 options: update status bar text everywhere... help on propagating field properties Would you show me how to disable this pop up tool bar please? Thanks!!! -- > There is no answer. > There has not been an answer. > There will not be an answer. > That IS the answer! > ...

Stacked bar charts #3
I am trying to create a chart with 2 stacked bars that are side by side and not on top of one another. Hi Brenda, Have a look at Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Brenda wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with 2 stacked bars that are side by side and > not on top of one another. > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

100 Radio Buttons Per Contact
Because of the nature of our business, we have multiple monthly communications with our customers/contacts. Depending on the contacts authority/importance in their company, each contact can receive around 100 communications from us a month. Communications are all sent different ways, mail, fax, email, personal call. Is the only way to designate who should receive which communication, to put 100 radio buttons on a tab at the contact level and select the appropriate ones? There has to be a better way than 100 radio buttons on a tab at the contact level. The screen is going to look like...

Back to Basics
When Microsoft "how-to" articles related to Exchange configuration (e.g., via ESM) indicate to "logon to the Exchange Server", and these are Exchange 2003 Clustered servers... do you logon to the "server / node", or to the "Exchange Virtual Server"? If "it depends", what are determining factors for which to choose? Kind regards, --janie ...

ADDING SUM TOTAL OF MORE THAN 30 CELLS IN A COLUMN TOGETHER
I am not able to add more than 30 cells in a column and need to add at least 70 - what do I do? will this work for you? =sum(a1:a100000) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EBEA34A-10D3-4F58-AE0E-E9FF2EE0F73B@microsoft.com... > I am not able to add more than 30 cells in a column and need to add at least > 70 - what do I do? You can add much more than that, if indded you are using non adjacent cells like =SUM(A1,B3,C4 etc) then you can use 30, then another 30 like =SUM((1,3,5,...........

deleted 2 columns by mistake
I have deleted 2 columns of info and have saved - is there anything I can do ! argh! Only if you're on a company network or suchlike that backs it up, otherwise if you overwrite the file, that's it I'm afraid, Sorry, Alan. "Lang8er" <Lang8er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32D94955-47A5-4B96-8A1D-3F09235FD761@microsoft.com... >I have deleted 2 columns of info and have saved - is there anything I can >do > ! argh! scream & yell? afraid not! "Lang8er" <Lang8er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32D9...

sorting cells based on another column/row
Hi, Here's my problem - I hope you can understand it & help because I' getting rather desperate for an answer: Let's say I've got a column, A (or row 1, it doesn't matter) that contains cells, each with a single word/category that I'm interested i - we can assume that this is my list of category headers/titles. Plus I've also got various other columns, A-D (or rows) next to my column A titles that each contain a list of items, one per cell... Hmm, that sounds confusing. Perhaps it would be clearer if I drew it out (ignore the dashes, they're just ther...

sum column totals
I have never used excel b4 and need 2 sum the columns in a workbook. Can someone please tell me in laymens terms how to do it . If I click on the funny E icon I just get =Sum(0) in the cell I want the total for that column to appear.Please help! Easiest: Type =Sum( Then select the cells you want to add up by clicking on the first one and dragging to the last one. Then ) Hit Enter. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Faw1001" <Faw1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A42B2708-BC79-454D-A083-CEA72D6DA3B6@microsoft.com... >I have never used exc...

multi stacked column chart
Using Excel 2003, I need to show monthly work orders...one stacked column should show work orders opened (for high, medium and low priority status) and another stacked column should show work orders closed (for high, medium and low priority status).....on the same chart. I can't get two stacked columns on the same chart...the six pieces of data stack in one column. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Try setting the data up similar to this: Open Closed High 4 2 Medium 6 4 Low 5 3 In step 1 of the Chart Wizard, choose the stacked column chart. In step 2 of the Chart Wi...

Restoring columns
Excel 2003 workbook, column have number numeraton. Cells in Name Box have strange numeration, i.e. first row and first column in Name Box marked as "R1C1"; 1st row and 2nd column have "R1C2" and so on. I need add formulas in some cell, but this numeration prevent formulas work correctly. I.e. if I want multiply, R1C2 x R1C3, I got broken formulas like =RC[-2]*RC[-1] Something wrong here. In xl2003 menus: Tools|Options|General tab uncheck R1C1 Reference style In xl2007: Office button|Excel Options|Formulas|Working with formulas uncheck R1C1 Reference style This opt...

Find row/column of value in Unsorted Array
I am trying to do the following. I have an unsorted array with values 12 columns wide, and 15 rows deep (Fantasy Football scores, 12 owners, 15 weeks) I can find the actual value using the large function on the UNSORTED array. But now I want to find the owner, and week, the largest value occurred. A visual can be seen at http://movieraiders.com/ffb/Categories.htm Under the records tab, weekly section I am having to manually type the week and Manager because I can't figure out how to pull the data from the corresponding worksheet. Thoughts? ------------------------------------------...

Need to expand past column IV
Hi, Were using Excel 2003 and ran into the end of colums at IV. Besides upgrading to Office 2007 is there way to extend or add-in more columns. Thanks, BobV Bob, No, but using all 256 columns is often a sign that you should use database data style entry - instead of having a column for each of the ?days(?) enter the column property as a field, with each entry in a separate row. Beyond that, it is hard to be more specific since your question is vague. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Vinecom" <vinecom@nospam.net> wrote in message news:8CBC158A-0AE4-46D6-9EB3-4CCDA375CCA9@mi...

last number in column
How can I return the last number in a column when the column is expanding (being added to each day)? Thanks. -- Bill One way (assuming no blanks): =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)) In article <#v0JTFVQEHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Bill H." <wh@photosourcefolio.com> wrote: > How can I return the last number in a column when the column is expanding > (being added to each day)? > > Thanks. ...

CPU 100%
Several weeks ago, I did a clean install of Office 2003 Pro over a clean install of Windows XP Home on a machine with an AMD 2400+ and 512 megs of RAM. While tracking down strange behavior, I noticed that Outlook sometimes jumps to near 100% CPU usage and stays there. It happens when I send a message, when I delete a message and periodically at other times for no apparent reason - perhaps tied to inactivity. Clicking on 'receive messages' does not trigger the problem. It is similar to the redline problem earlier this year with some machines after installing Office 2000 SR-3. ...

Custom Shortcut Menu Not Working For Datasheet Columns
Access 2007 I have a custom shortcut menu that I assigned to the Shortcut Menu Bar of the form object. When the form is displayed in datasheet mode the custom shortcut menu is shown when the user right clicks on a cell. It is not shown when the user right clicks on the heading of a column or selects an entire column and then right clicks anywhere in the column. Instead the standard shortcut menu is shown. How do I override the shortcut menu that is shown when you right click on a column heading in datasheet mode? Hi Stewart, Happy New Year! Sorry for delaying this response du...

Column and row headers
In my workbook all of the column and row headers on every spreadsheet have a strikeout mark across the letter or number. I have no idea how this happened and have not been able to change it back. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am using Excel 2003 -- LizErnst How about text in cells? Could be you should go to Format>Style. Select "Normal" or whatever Style is used and see if strikethrough is part of the formatting. You can "modify" any of the Styles. Another place to look is in Tools>Options>General. See if you have a strikethrough font selected at...

Summing a Column
If a col is formatted as Number (to 2 decimal places) but there are empty cells in the column, how do I avoid a #VALUE? error when I sum the range with =SUM("A2:A60") say, please? Regards. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 09/04/2004 Hi if the cells are really empty the SUM formula should work without any problems. Are there formulas in the cells A2:A60? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Stuart wrote: > If a col is formatted as Number ...

How can I make a 3d stacked chart?
I can create a 3d stacked chart with only x-y axis or I can create a 3d with x-y-z axis but I'm trying to create a stacked charet in x-y-z axis (A program number on x axis with items overdue stacked on top of items due in y axis, with past 5 weeks of data for that program on z axis. ...

How do I sort a column consisting of fractions, decimals, and who.
I need to sort products by the horsepower. Horsepower can be a fraction, decimal or whole number. For example, I need 1/100 to come before 1/10, 1/125 to come before 1/12, 1/10 to come before 1.0, 3/4 to come before 1...etc. Why don't you use the Fraction format under Number format? That way you only enter the decimal value and it will be represented by it's fraction, but the sorter won't be confused. Another option is to use this formula: =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("/",E8)),VALUE(E8),LEFT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)/RIGHT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)) Where E8 is ...

Query not dislaying correct column of a field
I have a table that has 2 columns, Abbr. and Long Form ? ? ? ? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "thorpk@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a table that has 2 columns, Abbr. and Long Form > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 07:24:53 -0800 (PST), "thorpk@gmail.com" <thorpk@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a table that has 2 columns, Abbr. and Long Form That seems reasonable. Are you having a problem? Remember that you can see your computer... we cannot. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Summing two columns
Hi I have values in two columns, A and B in a single worksheet. I want to multiply values in column A with the inverse order of values in column B and add them and put the results in column C. For example at C1, I want to have A1*B1, at C2, A2*B1+A1*B1, at C3, A3*B1+A2*B2+A1*B3 and at C4, A4*B1+A3*B2+A2*B3+A1*B4, etc. How can I accomplish this job with SUMPRODUCT or VBA and fill that column automatically. Any help is welcome. Thanks HI, Here is an inelegant subroutine Option Base 1 Function doit(N, rangeA As Range, rangeB As Range) Dim tempA(10), tempB(10) j = 1 For Each cell In rang...

Excel 2007 stacked column charts
When I create a stacked column chart I only get very narrow coloured lines, instead of the usual thicker vertical bars. Please advise how I can produce the bars. (This question asked two days ago, and there was an auto response to say that an answer had been posted, but the link produced only a blank screen). Hi, There seems to be something wrong with auto response, you should check the previous post. One possible solution is to right-click a column and choose Format Data Series, and in the first tab decrease the Gap Width. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, S...

How to group all data from 1 column into several columns
I have 2 columns in my spreadsheet, Company Names and Event. The Event column values are Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4 and the company names repeat for each of the events that they attended. So sometimes I might have a company listed 4 times with each Event corresponding to it in the next column. How can I consolidate all of the company names so that there is 1 row for each company and all events are on the same row but in different columns marked with an x (the column labels will be Company name, Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4). This is what I have... Company Name...