XSLT with Database

Hi All,
  Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C#
or VB.NET

--
Regards,
Prashant C

Prashant C wrote:

>   Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C#
> or VB.NET

You have three options:
1) global parameters in the stylesheet e.g.
    <xsl:param name="param-name"/>
which you can set with C# or VB.NET code before you run a
transformation, see
<URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList.AddParam.aspx>
2) extension "script" coded in VB.NET or C# or JScript.NET, see
<URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wxaw5z5e.aspx>
3) extension objects, see
<URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tf741884.aspx>

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

  I have one more question for you,
    is it possible to transform two xml documents at time using XSLT
--
Regards,
Prashant C
Prashant C wrote:

>     is it possible to transform two xml documents at time using XSLT

With XSLT 1.0 you have a primary input tree that is processed but using
the function named 'document' you can pull in other XML documents to
process them, see <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#document>.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Form in another database
How can I check if an Access form is open or loaded when the form is in another Access application (mdb or nde file). Alex ...

Attendance Database Setup
I am creating an attendance database for my company. There are 19 different departments in the company and each manager tallies his/her own employee attendances. I had a spreadsheet set up, but it wasn't on a rolling calendar basis. Then, I was going to have the managers delete old months, but that would most likely mess with the formulas. So the new spreadsheet needs to be on a rolling calendar basis, so that when a new month comes up, the previous month from last year will drop off in calculations. My file has three worksheets, one titled "Summary", one titled "Detail...

How xslt

Recover a Prod content database to Dev farm
Hello, I was wondering is it possible to recover (copy) a content database from a seperate farm to a Dev farm? I came across a few hints about using the "Copy the database files to a network folder" option, but nothing concrete. I'd appreciate if someone could clarify this for me? regards, Edgar You can recovery a database to a network location. We have the following options: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808956.aspx You will see the details in the "Tasks" section -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K...

Database schema
Does anybody have an "official" database schema or data model for these databases? The list of tables and field names for the dbs are in the Resource Descriptions under Tools in GP Our book Information Flow and Posting maps the movement of data between the tables for the transactions in GP, RM, PM POP, SOP, and Inventory. Find it on our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Are we going to see you at Convergence in Orlando? We are throwing a big party aboard an ocean going cruise ship on Wednesday. Visit our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com for d...

Showing the actual database, not access's idea of it...
I've been working with MS Access for the past few weeks. A friend has a side job working for a summer camp and he needed a database to store all the kids information. Using VBA is not going to happen, I thought I could do what he needed much much easier in visual studios.net 2008 and I probably could have if that department of Microsoft didn't do what appears as drastic as disown the MS Access department. After much work I am able to read/replace and edit the data, but through the whole process I started noticing this. First, in Access the ID(auto number) is listed co...

moving database
I would like to know how tomove the database we use to another computer while we upgrade to windows xp (formating the drive) and still be able to work i have looked in the book but it only shows how to restore..thanks You first need to do a manual backup of the database. Take the .bck file over to the computer that you are going to be using in the interim. Follow the steps on restoring the backup. Then change where the database points to in the SO Administrator to on that computer to point locally = (local). After changing the setting press the Test Database Connection button if it suc...

Possible to include other tags in a XSLT file?
Is it possible to include addition tags in a XSLT file, that the XSLT processor will, for all practical purposes, ignore? What I'm looking to do is to include a section to contain information regarding what parameters the XSLT file is expecting. Then my program can retrieve the information from the style sheet and prompt the user for the necessary parameters. I'm envisioning the section would be something like this: <myParameters> <Param name="City" prompt="City to search for" /> <Param name="State" prompt...

XSLT query

Max database size
HELLO Guys. Our main office server using HQ RMS 2.0 and 12 stores are connected. I found out 2gb is max size for RMS database from here. Since our HQ database reaching 2gb, I decide to purchase full version of SQL 2005. However I am not sure which version I have to purchase. Can I buy standard version with 5 cal? (I am not sure about 'cal') Should I purhcase 7 more 'cal' to run 12 stores? Please be advised. You will need to purchase one copy of Headquarters Client for each store that will connect to the Headquarters database. Activation is not required to run Headquarters ...

XSLT Doubt
Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? -- Regards, Prashant C "Prashant C" <PrashantC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4927C455-11C2-46B5-BC51-B8AD21E2B7C0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? Yes. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

Database changing prices automatically
I have about five hundred items in my system and the system is changing the prices randomly. for example i had tie wraps priced at 8.49. The system changed them to 129.64 and i also noticed that when i scan the upc it wouldn't come up but the upc was unchanged in the item. When i changed the price back it would scan. any help would be appreciated as this can ruin a business very quickly. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0363_01C70B30.C56BF1B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable jho, Check...

rename Exchange 2003 database files?
Exchange 2003 + SP1 on 2-node A/A cluster. We originally created 8 databases, 4 on each node, to balance the number of mailboxes. We named the databases based on the first letters of the users' last names: "AthruC", "DthruG", "HthruK", "LthruN", etc. We have now had to move the "M" and "N" mailboxes to another database to re-balance the number of mailboxes on each server. We'd like to rename the databases to be more generic, but haven't found a way to do it. I can't find anything on the MS Knowledgebase either. Can an...

Specify Company Database
I see how you can specify a Company Databse for 'Great Plains SQL Opt' destinations such as Customer. Is there a way to specify a Company Database the 'Great Plains' destinations such as Payroll? I am not sure if I follow. But you should be. You get to choose the "Integration Category" as well as "Company". Girish "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote: > I see how you can specify a Company Databse for 'Great Plains SQL Opt' > destinations such as Customer. > > Is there a way to specify a Company Database the 'Great Plains&#...

XSLT with Database
Hi All, Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# or VB.NET -- Regards, Prashant C Prashant C wrote: > Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# > or VB.NET You have three options: 1) global parameters in the stylesheet e.g. <xsl:param name="param-name"/> which you can set with C# or VB.NET code before you run a transformation, see <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList.AddParam.aspx> 2) extension "script" coded in VB.NET or C# or JScr...

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

corrupt database question
I have Access 2003. When I open the db, there are forms, queries, and reports missing. When I go into one of the forms that is available, the data is not accurate. For instance, I had ~ 200 files listed in a table, and only 17 showed up. Any ideas? Thanks!-- Nola Nola wrote:> I have Access 2003. When I open the db, there are forms, queries, and> reports missing. When I go into one of the forms that is available,> the data is not accurate. For instance, I had ~ 200 files listed in a> table, and only 17 showed up. Any ideas? Thanks! Somebody else may have a better idea, but I sugg...

Offline Database Hold Transactions: Where'd They Go?
I had used the Offline Database Feature (Thank Goodness it was There). I had transactions that I could not put on store charge so we put them as "hold" transactions. Now that I have resysenced my database there are no longer there. How can I retreive these? Tony ...

SQL database recovery
I have a client whos PC died and had was the RMS database server running SQL server express 2005. Assuming that the hard drive in intact, how can I restore the data to a replacement PC. The customer made NO backups. Help is very much appreciated. Phil Phil, If the hard drive is still good and will spin up. Just remove the .mdf and ..ldf from the old hard drive to the new hard drive. Then from SQL Management Studio attach the .mdf file. The default path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\Data\<yourfile.mdf> Make sure you instruct your customer to start making back...

database size #4
We have Exchange 2k3 sp2 I deleted a mailbox which was more than 11Gb last month due to the limited disk space but never got the diskspace, I thought Exchange 2k3 has an online defrage which should give us some disk space but it didn't work, any idea beside offline defrage? Online defrag does not shrink the database size - the free space can be used by new items being committed to the Store. Check Event ID 1221 to figure out how much free space exists in the Store. To actually shrink the Store size you need to perform an offline defrag. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise...

Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class
Hey Friends Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided CRecordset class. vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > > Can we Get Table Names from an access database while using MFC provided > CRecordset class. > > Yes. The CATALOG sample in MSDN shows how. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] vikrant, Yes... You can use access the system tables directly, especially using a CRecordset object connected to a Database object that is associated with the database in question and this SQL statement: SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE ( Flags=0) AND (Typ...

fatal error LNK1201: error writing to program database
I am using VisualStudio 2003, and writing MFC app. The error occured quite frequently, and I had to restart VisualStudio in order to continue. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks. Michael Could this be your problem? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238875 Do a search on "LNK1201: error writing to program database" in msdn.microsoft.com AliR. "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7823EB9-78EE-4FF9-9C29-30723F6C4126@microsoft.com... > I am using VisualStudio 2003, and writing MFC app. ...

update dictionaries for visibility of 3rd party databases in RW
I would still like to request further if an update can be done to the dictionaries to be able to include 3rd party databases visibility in Report Writer. We are modifying the POP Purchase Order Blank Form. We need to link the POA_Ctrl (POA40003) table to Purchase Order Work (POP10100). However, the POA_Ctrl table cannot be found on the list of tables to be linked. This information cannot be linked to Great Plains tables as the tables are stored in separate dictionaries. These are the PO Enhancement and DYNAMICS dictionaries. In relation to this, we are requesting if an update can be ...

XSLT Development Tools?
Hi group, searching in the Internet I found two products for XML which incorporate a very robust debugger for XSL/XSLT, I would like you to see these products and then, give me your opinion about the development environment or recommend me some other that you know. XML IDE's - http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net - http://www.mentattech.com/themes/mentat/alchemist/index.html Regards, Teksure If you're willing to try Beta software there is also an XSL debugger included in Visual Studio 2005 Professional and above which gives you the ultimate debugging experience which is stepping...

Database Backup To Alternate Location
Hi Everyone ~ I've noticed a problem with the my database backups. I've been trying to backup the database to another register, off of the register with the database, but the backup saves to the register with the database as opposed to the register that I'm taking the backup from. This offers no level of protection since if my database hard drive crashes I lose the backup too since they are on the same drive. Currently, I go to register #2's Store Manager, select backup database, select the c:\ drive on register #2 (this shows the path and file system on register #2), but t...