XSLT reference?

Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element
docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to
navigate to it from either the Contents or the Index?

--

www.midnightbeach.com
0

In the index, select no filter and type in XSLT

--
Of all words of tongue and pen, the saddest are: "It might have been"

Bill.Richards @ greyskin .co .uk
http://greyskin.co.uk

"Jon Shemitz" wrote:

> Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element
> docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to
> navigate to it from either the Contents or the Index?
>
> --
>
> www.midnightbeach.com

0
BillR (18)
8/23/2005 12:57:35 PM
billr wrote:

> In the index, select no filter and type in XSLT

That looks like it - thanks.

(Strangely, when I go there, both my desktop and laptop want me to
insert MSDN Library, Disk 2 ... though I *know* I used those docs on
the laptop ....)

> > Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element
> > docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to
> > navigate to it from either the Contents or the Index?

--

www.midnightbeach.com
0
jon1641 (6)

references and text
i need help with displaying numbers from cell references. see, i need to be able to show the contents of 3 cells placed in muliple places in one cell, separated by commas. i know you can type "=F9" into the cell and it displays the contents of cell F9, but i need the contents of F9, F13, and F15 respectively displayed in one cell, separated by commas. catch my drift? thanks for any help, -- Pringles. ~''~ =F9&","&F13&","&F15 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:47:04 -0700, Pringles. <gamerboy_86@looksprint.c...

How xslt

Possible to include other tags in a XSLT file?
Is it possible to include addition tags in a XSLT file, that the XSLT processor will, for all practical purposes, ignore? What I'm looking to do is to include a section to contain information regarding what parameters the XSLT file is expecting. Then my program can retrieve the information from the style sheet and prompt the user for the necessary parameters. I'm envisioning the section would be something like this: <myParameters> <Param name="City" prompt="City to search for" /> <Param name="State" prompt...

XSLT query

XSLT Doubt
Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? -- Regards, Prashant C "Prashant C" <PrashantC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4927C455-11C2-46B5-BC51-B8AD21E2B7C0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? Yes. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

Default seems to be absolute references?
When I am in workbook A, and I hit the "=" key and then click a cell in another workbook B, the cell reference is showing as absolute by default. I have to hit the F4 key a couple of times before I can copy it as relative. How can I change that behavior to be relative as the default reference? Thanks, Bruce You can't - Same workbook is relative, Different workbook is absolute. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP -----------------------------------------------------------...

Dynamic cell references in cube functions
What is the syntax to make for instance the cubevalue function pick up parameter values from the spreadsheet so my report becomes dynamic? I have the following statement: =CUBEVALUE("datasource";"[Measures].[Volume]";"[Time].[YM].[YM].[2007].[200710]") I want to make a dynamic report so that the year [2007] and the month [200710] changes according to dates I put into the spreadsheet (for instance today()) so the report automatically updates the query to current time periode. Thanks in advance! I don't know cubevalue and it isn't in Excel help on ...

XSLT with Database
Hi All, Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# or VB.NET -- Regards, Prashant C Prashant C wrote: > Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# > or VB.NET You have three options: 1) global parameters in the stylesheet e.g. <xsl:param name="param-name"/> which you can set with C# or VB.NET code before you run a transformation, see <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList.AddParam.aspx> 2) extension "script" coded in VB.NET or C# or JScr...

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

conditional reference
Dear all, is there a way in Excel to get a range of cells as the result of a conditional function? Like the SUMIF function, but without summing the cells (only their reference) Say that I want to use all the values in column B for which the cells in column A="a". The result in cell C1 should be the range B1:B4. Is this possible? A B C a 11 if A1:A7="a" --> range (=B1:B4) a 12 a 10 a 11 b 8 b 8 b 9 You can use SUMPRODUCT() Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A7="a"),B1:B7) which gives 44 using your example -- Cutter --------------...

pesky cell references
i am trying to create a reference to a particular cell that will always stay with that cell even if i insert a column. for example: if i want A1 to be the same as the number in b1. i would type =B1 in the A1 cell. the problem is when i add a new column B. because now A1 is referencing the info in C1 and i don't want that! if any of you can figure out what i'm asking, please help! =INDIRECT("B1") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >i am trying to create a reference to a particular cell >that will always stay with that cell even if i inse...

Exactly what does Account Framework and account segments refer to?
I have been reading up on the install and setup of GP10 and came accross something that I don't understand. It referances setting up the Account framework (is this the max length of your companys account numbers or what?) and account segments. (You need to know what a segment is in order to figure out how many you need, what the segment name is goinig to be and the maximun length of those segments) ...

XSLT Development Tools?
Hi group, searching in the Internet I found two products for XML which incorporate a very robust debugger for XSL/XSLT, I would like you to see these products and then, give me your opinion about the development environment or recommend me some other that you know. XML IDE's - http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net - http://www.mentattech.com/themes/mentat/alchemist/index.html Regards, Teksure If you're willing to try Beta software there is also an XSL debugger included in Visual Studio 2005 Professional and above which gives you the ultimate debugging experience which is stepping...

Chart Source References
I run a report on a weekly basis and would like the values in the chart to be dynamic, so that I as I up-date the date each week the new data is added and the data that is the oldest drops off the chart values. I also need to do the same with the Category (X) axis labels: Is this possible and if so how do I start Values. =Sheet1!$AA$62:$AA$133 Category (X) axis labels: =Sheet1!$A$62:$A$133 Thanks Nick Hi, You can do this without VBA using named ranges. Jon has an example here, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html and a list of alternatives http://peltiertech.com/Ex...

how do i insert references (footnotes, endnotes) in ms excel?
I'm needing to insert some references or endnotes in an excel report to explain details of a financial statement. Is there a way to do this easily? For example, if I have 8 footnotes and realize I need to add an additional one in the beginning, is there a way that all of them will change so I don't have to change 16 things? I think I would just put them on a separate worksheet. Or do you mean you've added footnote characters to existing cells (from your previous superscript question) and you want to keep them in sync. If you do, then I think it's a manual effort. (Exc...

Problems with external references when creating a drop down list
I have a large spreadsheet with several large drop down lists. The lists are all in a separate workbook so I have defined a name with an external reference to the lists. The problem is that the drop down lists will only work when both spreadsheets are open but I don't want to open the spreadsheet containing the lists everytime as it is a really large workbook. How can I get the drop down list to work with just the workbook open where I have validated the cells? Thanks. Write 2 macros.. in the workbook that is the 'source' of the dropdowns, have it export the list to a ge...

XSLT validation
Reposting since this forum might be more appropriate for my question. I have written a simple piece of code in C# that takes a xml file as input, applies a xsl transform and outputs a xml file. I want to validate my output xml file against the xsl file to verify that the output is as expected. How can i do this? Thanks in advance! KL wrote: > I have written a simple piece of code in C# that takes a xml file as input, > applies a xsl transform and outputs a xml file. > > I want to validate my output xml file against the xsl file to verify that > the output is as exp...

Is the a static mapping reference from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 200
I am looking for a document that has the fields in Outlook 2000 and what their corresponding location is in Outlook 2007. I've seen the GUI that you can hover over a field and it will display the corresponding field, but I want a listing (mapping) of all fields from 2000 to 2007. Does anyone know where I can find this? Which fields are you referring to? You mean the menu and toolbars of Outlook 2003 and the Ribbon of Outlook 2007? I don't think there is a static mapping. This listing might help you on your way though; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/locatefeature.ht...

XSLT reference?
Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to navigate to it from either the Contents or the Index? -- www.midnightbeach.com In the index, select no filter and type in XSLT -- Of all words of tongue and pen, the saddest are: "It might have been" Bill.Richards @ greyskin .co .uk http://greyskin.co.uk "Jon Shemitz" wrote: > Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element > docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to > na...

Date format in xslt
Hi, How to convert date format from MM/dd/yyyy to yyyyMMdd in the XSLT. Is there any method to convert. I am getting date in the XML as string. Plx response on the same group. Thanks in advance Sandy Sandeep Singh wrote: > How to convert date format from MM/dd/yyyy to yyyyMMdd in the XSLT. > Is there any method to convert. > I am getting date in the XML as string. Use string functions like substring-after and substring-before to extract the parts and concatenate them as needed. If you are using MSXML 4/5/6 or .NET XslCompiledTransform then for output formatting you can als...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

How to replace a function with its resulting reference in a formula?
Hello How to replace a function with its resulting reference in a formula? For example, How to replace =HLOOKUP(1...)+HLOOKUP(2...) with =b11+z11. I need to replace in 1000 formulas/cells automatically. Is this a total discovery requirement - in other words you don't know anything about the formula in the cells, so you would have to parse the formula and have procedures to handle any excel function which might be there? Please describe your rules for how each function should be handled and all combinations of functions. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@b...

XSLT Optimization
Hopefully, someone could point me in the right direction. I have we services that takes a DataSet object and Transforms it into pre-defined XSD (outside of my organization's control). I hav successfully done everything, now I am at a point where I want t verify that my XSLT logic is optimized. Since I am new to XSLT codin logic, I want to make sure that my transformation from DataSet to ne XML format is optimal. Basically, I want to find out any resources (website, books, etc.) tha you would highly recommend. There are alot of books out there, but wanted to "cut through the chase&...

Pulling a cell reference--clickable cells?
Hello: I have a problem to which I'm sure there is a solution, but I haven't been able to find it yet: I have a master list of different employees' ratings (and the number of evaluations they have received) toward the bottom of my worksheet. At the top of this worksheet, I have a table listing the employee's name, # of ratings, and averaged rating. Underneath that column, I have the workplace average, total number of workplace ratings for all employees and the averaged rating for all. Underneath that, I have a graph showing the range of ratings, then the ...

field references in forms
If I have a form "myform" with recordsource "mytable" and the table contains a field called "id," I can reference the current value of that field in expressions used for controls in the form by myform.id. This is true even when there is no control bound to mytable.ID on the form. I can "print" the value of myform.id in the debug immediate window. If I try the same thing for a form whose record source is a query, ? myform.id produces an error. Why the difference? And a corollary question: what's the most efficient way to test the ...