XSLT query

Hi

I am using XSLT to transfor XML to HTML.

I have an XSLT variable , $PAGELINK. I need to specify this value as
an href attribute value of <a> tag.

something like  <a href = $PAGELINK> Click me for new page </a>. This
is not working for me. $PAGELINK is treated as a text by XSLT engine.

I request your help to do this.

Thanks
Srinivas.

Cnu wrote:

> I am using XSLT to transfor XML to HTML.
>
> I have an XSLT variable , $PAGELINK. I need to specify this value as
> an href attribute value of <a> tag.
>
> something like  <a href = $PAGELINK> Click me for new page </a>. This
> is not working for me.

Use an attribute value template, that is an XPath expression delimited
by curly braces e.g.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
On Aug 27, 4:34=A0pm, Martin Honnen <mahotr...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Cnu wrote:
> > I am using XSLT to transfor XML to HTML.
>
> > I have an XSLT variable , $PAGELINK. I need to specify this value as
> > an href attribute value of <a> tag.
>
> > something like =A0<a href =3D $PAGELINK> Click me for new page </a>. Th=
is
> > is not working for me.
>
> Use an attribute value template, that is an XPath expression delimited
> by curly braces e.g.
> =A0 =A0<a href=3D"{$PAGELINK}">...</a>
>
> --
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thanks man!!

It helped me out!

-Cnu

How xslt

Business Portal 3.0
Hi, I cannot see any Project related data in the Business Portal Queries. I have checked, double-checked and triple-checked security, and all seems valid. My user is a Project Manager and Project Approver. The Project Manager role definitely has Data Permissions access to all the Project objects. There are about 142 projects in total. If I click in Project-Queries-Projects, I get the message: Query Returned No Results Any ideas? Regards Konrad ...

Possible to include other tags in a XSLT file?
Is it possible to include addition tags in a XSLT file, that the XSLT processor will, for all practical purposes, ignore? What I'm looking to do is to include a section to contain information regarding what parameters the XSLT file is expecting. Then my program can retrieve the information from the style sheet and prompt the user for the necessary parameters. I'm envisioning the section would be something like this: <myParameters> <Param name="City" prompt="City to search for" /> <Param name="State" prompt...

Query most recent records only
I am not having much luck with trying to write a query to find the last (most recent dates) 5 records for ALL names listed in the 'Customers' table. SELECT tblOrders.*, tblCustomers.ID FROM tblOrders RIGHT JOIN tblCustomers ON tblOrders.Name = tblCustomers.Name ORDER BY tblCustomers.ID, tblOrders.Date; Appreciate any help, Kevin -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201003/1 hi Kevin, On 05.03.2010 05:23, KevinE via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I am not having much luck with trying to write a query t...

XSLT query

user defined function in query
I have created a function to return the windows user's full name (via Windows API calls). This function is run via a query and returns the name ok when I am in the data base. However when I try to run this query from a web page via a connection to the database, I get the message 'undefined function'. Is it impossible to run this type of query except locally? Yes, it is not possible to use the VBA function from outside Access. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "...

Total Within A Query
Hi, I have the following query the gives me the total Balance by pool. I'm Trying divide the Sum of each pool to the over all balance within a query. SELECT POOL, Sum(Portfolio.Balance) AS SumOfBalance FROM Portfolio GROUP BY Portfolio.POOL Example: Pool Balance % 2006-01 10 67% 2006-02 5 33% Please advice Thanks One way to approach this: SELECT Pool, Sum(Balance) as SumOfBalance, SumOfBalance/DSUM("Balance", "Portfolio") as Pct FROM Portfolio GROUP BY PortFolio Another that would work is the following. I believe this would be faster with a lar...

RW Query
Hi, I have a customer who has several companies set up. Some of the companies have different report dictionaries as they have a variety of modifications per company. For the RM Blank document, there is a conditional field - Tax registration number based on whether Tax Registration number prompt <> ' '. 2 compamies have the Tax nunber set against the company control but only one company prints the number. Is this a set up issue - what does it mean by Tax Registration number prompt <> ' ' Thanks Jean -- JB ...

XSLT Doubt
Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? -- Regards, Prashant C "Prashant C" <PrashantC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4927C455-11C2-46B5-BC51-B8AD21E2B7C0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? Yes. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

Feed Combo Box with a Query
Hello everyone, I have a form that among other things has two combo boxes. The first one is fed with a simple table with two entries. I would like the second one to display the result of a query run in the background. The idea is that based on what the user selects in the first combo box she would get a specific set of options in the second one. I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but if anything else at least the following code will give you an idea of what I'm trying to do: Private Sub cmb_FirstComboBox_AfterUpdate() Dim SQL As String If Me.cmb_Fi...

Queries independent of accents?
Hello! We have a DB of people from many countries. Some names contain chars with accents like � or � and other types of accents. Is there a way of searching all names in the DB containing any kind of accent without specifiying the acctents used? Is there a function like f("�") = "e" where f is the function I look for. Thx in advance! Fritz Fritz Do you store the data as NAVARCHAR(n) datatype? Have you specify N just before a value in WHERE condition? Hmm, I think may want to take a look into REPLACE function to remove accents "Fr...

XSLT with Database
Hi All, Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# or VB.NET -- Regards, Prashant C Prashant C wrote: > Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# > or VB.NET You have three options: 1) global parameters in the stylesheet e.g. <xsl:param name="param-name"/> which you can set with C# or VB.NET code before you run a transformation, see <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList.AddParam.aspx> 2) extension "script" coded in VB.NET or C# or JScr...

How do I calculate checked boxes in a report or query?
I have created a table and a form with yes/no checked boxes, now I'd like to make a report or a query and in this I'd like to calculate how much was done (according to a checked box) from a respective year. How can I do this? Use date criteria and this for the count --- Sum(Abs(Nz([YourCheckBox],0))) -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "leona" wrote: > I have created a table and a form with yes/no checked boxes, now I'd like to > make a report or a query and in this I'd like to calculate how much was done > (according to a checked box) fr...

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

XSLT Development Tools?
Hi group, searching in the Internet I found two products for XML which incorporate a very robust debugger for XSL/XSLT, I would like you to see these products and then, give me your opinion about the development environment or recommend me some other that you know. XML IDE's - http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net - http://www.mentattech.com/themes/mentat/alchemist/index.html Regards, Teksure If you're willing to try Beta software there is also an XSL debugger included in Visual Studio 2005 Professional and above which gives you the ultimate debugging experience which is stepping...

Populating null field in queries
I have a query with approximately 20,000 records. 3 of the fields (qty) only have about 3,700 records and the rest are blank. Is there a criteria expression that will populate the blank records of these fields with 0 (zero) within the same column that states if the field is null replace it with a zero? Thank you, Kristibaer Use a calculated field and the Nz function. The Nz function will return the value of a control, variable, or field if it is not null, and the value of the second argument if it is. Xqty: Nz([qty], 0) -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Kristibaer"...

How to run a date based query for many months
Hello, I have one query based on a parameter "MyDate". I enter a full date ( dd/mm/yyyy french format but no matter ) and the query result is expressed by the month ( yyyy_mm) eg : i enter 25/12/2009 and the result is expressed in 2009_12 I have to run this query for n months before the entered date and 2 months after this date. Is it possible to get a SQL code for this ? Can you help me ? Thanks by anticipation. It would help if you posted the SQL of your query. Also, your requirement as stated is a bit vague. If you enter 25/12/2009 an...

Business Card query
I wish to produce my own business cards for a self catering flat with details on one side and a picture on the other side. So far I have produced the details and the photograph in Word but now want to match the two sides so that when printed they coincide. I wondered if Publisher has this facility. Blair What is on the right on the front will have to be on the left for side two. Might do better with either two pages or two separate publications. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Blair" <Darrach@aol.co...

select query of parent and child in one row
I have a parent table and a child table one parent has between 1 and 6 children in the child table I wont a query to have the parent and the child in one "row" how do I create that? thanks for helping me Your table structure is not correct for a relational database but this will get you there. This has three but you get the idea and expand on it. Place the table in the design grid as many times as you have field to combine. SELECT MultipleFieldData.x, MultipleFieldData.a & IIf(MultipleFieldData_1.b Is Null,Null," " & MultipleFieldData_1.b) & IIf(MultipleF...

Routine to run/export queries
Looking for some links to examples that do the following (or something close): 1. user would create a whole bunch of queries themselves (using Access) 2. form that lets the user runs these queries to display results and/or export 3. Would be good if user could select multiple queries and get multiple resultsets to display or be exported to an excel file with multiple worksheets. Example: user selects 5 queries and wants an excel file made with 5 tabs with the 5 different outputs of the queries, or the outputs of the 5 queries show in a form with multiple tabs in Access (hide...

consolidate queries
I have many too many queries, which I use to gather data for a report. I hope someone can suggest how to consolidate them. For example, 8 of my queries are of the exact same form, except the value of one field is one of 8 possibilities. Here is the SQL for the qCUS query: SELECT q1Main.DReferred, q1Main.CaseType FROM q1Main WHERE (((q1Main.DReferred)>=[Forms]![fgetStats]![tbxBegDate] And (q1Main.DReferred)<=[Forms]![fgetStats]![tbxEndDate]) AND ((q1Main.CaseType)="CUS")); The only difference between the 8 queries is that in the qCUS query, CaseType = "...

BP
Suggestion: Make all find and queries case sensative or none We've discovered that the queries are not case sensative while the find functions (for example, the find function in the requisition vendor applet) tend to be case sensative. This creates a lot of confusion for the end users and a lot of "I can't find..." support calls. Consistency is a good thing, especially in a user interface. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

XSLT validation
Reposting since this forum might be more appropriate for my question. I have written a simple piece of code in C# that takes a xml file as input, applies a xsl transform and outputs a xml file. I want to validate my output xml file against the xsl file to verify that the output is as expected. How can i do this? Thanks in advance! KL wrote: > I have written a simple piece of code in C# that takes a xml file as input, > applies a xsl transform and outputs a xml file. > > I want to validate my output xml file against the xsl file to verify that > the output is as exp...

XSLT reference?
Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to navigate to it from either the Contents or the Index? -- www.midnightbeach.com In the index, select no filter and type in XSLT -- Of all words of tongue and pen, the saddest are: "It might have been" Bill.Richards @ greyskin .co .uk http://greyskin.co.uk "Jon Shemitz" wrote: > Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element > docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to > na...

Query with alphabet
I want to extract the data of persons whose names are started with the Alphabet i entered in the Parameter field. and what will be the coding for create a parameter dialog box? Like [Enter First Letter] & "*" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Arunoday" <Arunoday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF9480C0-BFC8-47D4-976B-398F50C67A49@microsoft.com... >I want to extract the data of persons whose names are started with the > Alphabet i entered in the Parameter field. > and what w...