XSLT example does not work?

I am trying to work the example on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q315888 .

I follow esxactly the advice (I beleive):
Here are the files:
WebForm1.aspx:
<HTML>
 <HEAD>
  <title>WebForm1</title>
 </HEAD>
   <asp:Xml id="XmlTransform" runat="server"></asp:Xml>
  </form>
</HTML>
--
(Code Behind for page)
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

XmlTransform.DocumentSource = Request.QueryString("xml")

XmlTransform.TransformSource = Request.QueryString("xls")

End Sub

---------------------

Books.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<Books>

<Book>

<Title>Beginning XML</Title>

<Author>John</Author>

</Book>

<Book>

<Title>Mastering XML</Title>

<Author>Peter</Author>

</Book>

</Books>

---------------------------------

Books.xslt:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:template match="Books">

<HTML>

<BODY>

<TABLE BORDER="2">

<TR>

<TD>Title</TD>

<TD>Author</TD>

</TR>

<xsl:for-each select="Book">

<TR>

<TD><xsl:value-of select="Title"/></TD>

<TD><xsl:value-of select="Author"/></TD>

</TR>

</xsl:for-each>

</TABLE>

</BODY>

</HTML>

</xsl:template>

</stylesheet>

the link to see the result in browser ....

http://localhost/SlideShow1/WebForm1.aspx?xml=Books.xml&xsl=Books.xslt

but this is the result :

JohnPeter

*It is missing information and is totally unformatted.  *

What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

Paolo

0
Paolo1 (9)

Paolo Pignatelli wrote:

> XmlTransform.TransformSource = Request.QueryString("xls")
                                                       ^^^

> http://localhost/SlideShow1/WebForm1.aspx?xml=Books.xml&xsl=Books.xslt
                                                           ^^^

Those two need to match that is you need to use either xls in both
places or xsl in both places.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> wrote in message

> Paolo Pignatelli wrote:
>

> > XmlTransform.TransformSource = Request.QueryString("xls")
>                                                        ^^^
>
> > http://localhost/SlideShow1/WebForm1.aspx?xml=Books.xml&xsl=Books.xslt
>                                                            ^^^
>
> Those two need to match that is you need to use either xls in both
> places or xsl in both places.
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

0
Paolo1 (9)

IsNull code not working in report
Ok I have a dbase with 5 tables I need to print reports for each table but since there are many null values I need to hide them (and their Labels as well). I used the following code If IsNull(Me.Field1) Then Me.Field1.Visible = False Me.label1.Visible = False Else Me.Field1.Visible = True Me.label1.Visible = True End If It does not work. Most of the fields are text fields. The Canshrink/Cangrow var is True The following code works for the forms.. but not the reports... I read rellevant threads but still no luck! Any help will be greatly appreciated! ...

Possible to include other tags in a XSLT file?
Is it possible to include addition tags in a XSLT file, that the XSLT processor will, for all practical purposes, ignore? What I'm looking to do is to include a section to contain information regarding what parameters the XSLT file is expecting. Then my program can retrieve the information from the style sheet and prompt the user for the necessary parameters. I'm envisioning the section would be something like this: <myParameters> <Param name="City" prompt="City to search for" /> <Param name="State" prompt...

Outlook 2000 password doesn't work... :-(
In Outlook 2000, I set a password for my personal folder ..pst file. But... this password is never asked for - I can start Outlook and go to the personal folder without having to enter this password. However, if I want to change the password, I DO HAVE TO enter the password, so Outlook somehow seems to know about this password. Strange... Is there some option or registry entry I have to change to "activate" password protection? Thanks for any hints! Thomas ...

Working with Excel 2003 from a Visual C++ program
I am quite new to programming. Despite that I have to write a C++ program that opens an .xls workbook, selects a specified worksheet and puts data in specified cells of the worksheet. I have found a document in the Internet that describes how to use the Excel COM model. Based on this I created a program that is able o open a specified .xls workbook and put data in specified cells in the active sheet. However I do not know how to select a specified worksheet so that I do not put the data in the worksheet that ust happens to be active when opening the workbook. How to do that? H...

Working with Text
I have a worksheet that list over 300 employees. One of the cells in the worksheet looks like this 10125 Allen M. Murphy H 261-457-885 All of the other emmployees are listed this way as well From this string I want to extract the employee's name place this new text in a new cell and have it look like this Murphy, Allen M Any thoughts Thank Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm for getting first/lastnames from a string. You may have to delete the first numbers prior to using theses formulas/functions. e.g. with =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255) -...

How xslt

XSLT query

Unsupported but working: CR w/external ODBC
CRM SERVER 1) Copy crdb_odbc.dll to the Crystal Decisions Bin directory along with all the other cr*.dll (Programs/Common/Crystal Decisions/2.0/BIN) I believe 2) Create ODBC for external datasource on CRM SERVER - make sure you use Windows Authentication DEVELOPMEN 1) Create ODBC for external datasource while developing report. Same name/settings as ODBC on CRM SERVER GOOD LUCK! PS crdb_odbc.dll comes with the licensed Crystal Reports - if you do not have your own Crystal Reports you do not have this .dll thanks for posting kristina...useful information -- John O'Donnell ...

excel 2003 autosave does not work
can't get autosave for excel 2003 to work at all -tried every time setting. Same problem on a home and on a work machine. Hi Autosave is not available for excel 2003. Since Excel 2002 Autorecovery is introduced within Excel. You my try: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jabepyx" <jabepyx@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5AA13687-3AA6-40B1-B77C-0AFF0039117B@microsoft.com... > can't get autosave for excel 2003 to work at all -tried ev...

Name work sheet
I am trying to name the only sheet in a workbook the days date. This doesn't work. I guess if it worked I wouldn't be writing this. oldjay Sub Save_File_As1() ' Dim NewShtDate As String Dim listnumber As String NewShtDate = Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy") ActiveSheet.SaveAs = NewShtDate listnumber = InputBox("Please enter List number to save", "Customer's List", "Word List " & NewShtDate) List = "C:\Cora\" & listnumber & ".XLS" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=List End Sub T...

CTRL+SHIFT+) is not working in Excel 2007
Hi, I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine. When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getting hide. But when i am using CTRL+SHIFT+), my hided columns are not showing up. If there is any workaround, please let em know Hi, This hasn't changed in E2007. To Hide as you correctly say hold CTRL and tap 0 To unhide you have to select the columns either side of the hidden column(s) then CTRL+Shift +0 Mike "Nagender Rathi" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine. > > When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getti...

customize outlook today not working
I have updated my windows and office software with all of the latest updates and now my customize outlook today button does not work. When I click on the customize outlook today button it pushes in but never goes anywhere. Is there an update to take care of this or am I missing something? Had the same problem - check out this link - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;820575 >-----Original Message----- >I have updated my windows and office software with all of >the latest updates and now my customize outlook today >button does not work. When I click o...

CRM does not sync with Exchange and toolbar(plugin) does not work
When using: Outlook 2003 SP2 and Exchange Server SP2 with CRM 3.0 and the CRM Plugin, the problem is that: the buttons in the toolbar do not work either directly after install or at least after some time. Items of CRM and Exchange seem to be not synchronized (anymore) * The creditionals including password are saved in IE so that when you connect using IE there is no prompt for creditionals * The Server is added to the proxy-exclude-list and the trusted websites * The Server is correctly registered on our DNS and i even added the its entry in the windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts-file * Ther...

XSLT Doubt
Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? -- Regards, Prashant C "Prashant C" <PrashantC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4927C455-11C2-46B5-BC51-B8AD21E2B7C0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? Yes. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

XSLT with Database
Hi All, Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# or VB.NET -- Regards, Prashant C Prashant C wrote: > Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# > or VB.NET You have three options: 1) global parameters in the stylesheet e.g. <xsl:param name="param-name"/> which you can set with C# or VB.NET code before you run a transformation, see <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList.AddParam.aspx> 2) extension "script" coded in VB.NET or C# or JScr...

SBS2003
Issues are noted below, if anyone (especially the microsoft workers) has any idea on why OMA is giving INDEXOUTOFRANGE exceptions, please let me know. We have a client who is about to pack in the towel because their Activesync isn't working. ----------------------------- Firstly, when oma is accessed via a normal web browser on an xp machine. This message comes up: "A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." At the same time, in the app event log this comes up: Event Type: Information E...

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

How to work with Hyperlinks
I have several columns with several dozens of hyperlinked entries in each column. I'd like to unlink them all. I highlighted all entries in a column and removed underlines, changed their color to black, but they still were linked. Sure, I can unlink each one, but it will take several hours to finish my job. Is there a way to unlink all hyperlinks at once, or, at least, in each column separately? I'll appreciate your help. -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Right-click and select hyperlink... and remove the link Now using Format Painter copy this format to any other cell requ...

PLEASE: check this example to see need to do.
Hi. I need to create a formula that runs on VBA that id loaded from a text box. Imagine this example. Field1=2 Field2=3 if on VBA I write: finalresult= field1*field2 the result would be 6 Until here no problem. My problem is that I have a field named formula, is a text box field and contains this text: [field1]*[field2] I need to have this on VBA: finalresult=[formula] and the result must be 6 NOT the same text that is on the formula text box. Please, download the example from: http://www.esnips.com/doc/23cc3734-8df7-45ba-9f44-3c16833a0700/Duvida_mpsilva Thanks. Marco ...

OWC chChartTypeColumnStacked Example (Pref C#)
Hi, I am trying to built several charts for reports using OWC. I want them to be stacked column charts that would display data for a table/matrix such as Browser U1 U2 U3 Total Internet Explorer 2 6 0 8 Netscape 0 3 3 6 Other 0 6 4 10 Total 2 15 7 24 Browser type would be the category and U1, U2, U3 would be the stacked series for each browser. I have not been able to find a single example on how to create the series' correctly. I can get the chart displayed but adding series' has me stumped. I have something like this but I only ge...

Error Handling not working properly
I have the following code to load into db when the button is clicked after loading it show the successful completion message box. I have composite key so if some one tries to upload again ot should fail with error message. In my case it show the Err desciption but again it shows the successful msgbox again. Can you dedug please? Thanks Private Sub cmd_load2010_new_Click() Dim stDocName As String On Error GoTo violation_err stDocName = "Insert_RESULTS_into_2010_RRT" DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit MsgBox "Upload complet...

Exchweb works on LAN, not on WAN
Hey there everyone, I've just taken over this position, and the previous IT guy setup Outlook web access. I must have done something, because it's working from within the LAN, but not from external clients. They log in, then get a blank screen. Any suggestions? We are running Win2000 and Exchange 2000. -Luke Blank Screen? Are they logging into Terminal Server? If they are logging in through IE, then they should get an error code or page cannot be displayed. Are they getting a login box? Please give more details, including version of Exchange Server. -- John Oliver, Jr MC...

.N2K not working
I have a user (Outlook 2003) whose .N2K stopped working. I used the NK2 Viewer to try to clean it up a bit, but did not work. I recreated the user's profile in Outlook. I also made a back up copy of the .n2k file and renamed the backup to the new profile for the user. Still not working. Any other suggestions? Leave that nk2-file and start with the clean one created by the new mail profile. If the user wants to fill it with addresses again, he/she can do this in the following way; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/216 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configu...

microsoft works 95 data base transfer to works 2002
How can I make my old mailing list that was made in microsoft works 1995 compatible to my new computer running windows xp with the works 2002. I do not want to type 800 names over again. I have tryed transferring but only get giberish. Thanks ...

Any example to do caculus with excel
Thanks a lot. -- slamm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15018 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390412 Here are a few tips: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ Search Googles: Calculus Excel http://www.mang.canterbury.ac.nz/people/jfraffen/sscom/links.htm Hope it can be of use Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Enclosed: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3641&stc=1 + From Excel Expert E-Letters: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/eee/i...