XSLT Doubt

Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT?
--
Regards,
Prashant C

"Prashant C" <PrashantC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT?

Yes.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

Possible to include other tags in a XSLT file?
Is it possible to include addition tags in a XSLT file, that the XSLT processor will, for all practical purposes, ignore? What I'm looking to do is to include a section to contain information regarding what parameters the XSLT file is expecting. Then my program can retrieve the information from the style sheet and prompt the user for the necessary parameters. I'm envisioning the section would be something like this: <myParameters> <Param name="City" prompt="City to search for" /> <Param name="State" prompt...

How xslt

XSLT query

XSLT Doubt
Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? -- Regards, Prashant C "Prashant C" <PrashantC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4927C455-11C2-46B5-BC51-B8AD21E2B7C0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? Yes. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

XSLT with Database
Hi All, Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# or VB.NET -- Regards, Prashant C Prashant C wrote: > Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# > or VB.NET You have three options: 1) global parameters in the stylesheet e.g. <xsl:param name="param-name"/> which you can set with C# or VB.NET code before you run a transformation, see <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList.AddParam.aspx> 2) extension "script" coded in VB.NET or C# or JScr...

XSLT Development Tools?
Hi group, searching in the Internet I found two products for XML which incorporate a very robust debugger for XSL/XSLT, I would like you to see these products and then, give me your opinion about the development environment or recommend me some other that you know. XML IDE's - http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net - http://www.mentattech.com/themes/mentat/alchemist/index.html Regards, Teksure If you're willing to try Beta software there is also an XSL debugger included in Visual Studio 2005 Professional and above which gives you the ultimate debugging experience which is stepping...

XSLT validation
Reposting since this forum might be more appropriate for my question. I have written a simple piece of code in C# that takes a xml file as input, applies a xsl transform and outputs a xml file. I want to validate my output xml file against the xsl file to verify that the output is as expected. How can i do this? Thanks in advance! KL wrote: > I have written a simple piece of code in C# that takes a xml file as input, > applies a xsl transform and outputs a xml file. > > I want to validate my output xml file against the xsl file to verify that > the output is as exp...

XSLT reference?
Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to navigate to it from either the Contents or the Index? -- www.midnightbeach.com In the index, select no filter and type in XSLT -- Of all words of tongue and pen, the saddest are: "It might have been" Bill.Richards @ greyskin .co .uk http://greyskin.co.uk "Jon Shemitz" wrote: > Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element > docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to > na...

Date format in xslt
Hi, How to convert date format from MM/dd/yyyy to yyyyMMdd in the XSLT. Is there any method to convert. I am getting date in the XML as string. Plx response on the same group. Thanks in advance Sandy Sandeep Singh wrote: > How to convert date format from MM/dd/yyyy to yyyyMMdd in the XSLT. > Is there any method to convert. > I am getting date in the XML as string. Use string functions like substring-after and substring-before to extract the parts and concatenate them as needed. If you are using MSXML 4/5/6 or .NET XslCompiledTransform then for output formatting you can als...

XSLT Optimization
Hopefully, someone could point me in the right direction. I have we services that takes a DataSet object and Transforms it into pre-defined XSD (outside of my organization's control). I hav successfully done everything, now I am at a point where I want t verify that my XSLT logic is optimized. Since I am new to XSLT codin logic, I want to make sure that my transformation from DataSet to ne XML format is optimal. Basically, I want to find out any resources (website, books, etc.) tha you would highly recommend. There are alot of books out there, but wanted to "cut through the chase&...

XSLT Question
Hi, I'm using .NET Framework 1.1 XSLT. Can anyone tell me why this works: <xsl:for-each select="$somenodelist"> <xsl:if test="ext:CheckCondition (@condition)">Bla</xsl:if> </xsl:for-each> But the following doesn't produce the same results - it behaves as if CheckCondition (a custom function that returns System.Boolean) would _always_ return true: <xsl:for-each select="$somenodelist [ext:CheckCondition (@condition)]"> Bla </xsl:for-each> What's the point of the square brackets then ... I thought it would be &q...

Xslt problem
I have a xlst and xml file and i am trying to recreate this line of html <td height="127" background="images/greggs/montages/montage_final_2.jpg"></td> the xml is <Montage>images/greggs/montages/montage_final_2.jpg</Montage> But i dont know how to use the xsl attribute for background image. Anyone know Thanks I think this is what you are after <td> <xsl:attribute name="background"><xsl:value-of select="Montage"/></xsl:attribute><xsl:attribute name="height">127</xsl:attribute>...

Simple XSLT Question?
Hello all, I have a XML as below: ****************** <BLOCK> <ROW1> <A>1</A> <B>2</B> </ROW1> <ROW2> <A>9</A> <B>3</B> <C>4</C> </ROW2> <ROW3> <ROW31> <A>5</A> <D>6</D> <E>7</E> </ROW31> </ROW3> </BLOCK> ****************** with which I want to apply 2 rules: 1) Move "ROW3" up and bring the element "ROW2" down. 2) Change the element name "ROW2" to "order&quo...

[ANN] XML/XSLT Editor
We are glad to announce the availability of EditiX 2.0. EditiX is a cross-platform and easy to use XML / XSLT Editor and Debugger designed to help web authors and application programmers take advantage of the latest XML and XML-related technologies such as XSLT, XSL-FO, DocBook, SVG or various XML schemas. Summary of EditiX : EditiX has an XSLT debugger and an XML Differencing support. It provides users with an extensive range of XML functionality within a refined IDE that guides you with intelligent entry helpers. The user can manage remote files from FTP, WebDAV or from an archive file...

XSLT problem.

XSLT logic
Hi, I am new to XSLT, trying to fix a bug in somebody else's XSL transformer [it is XSLT1.x code, part of Cocoon2.0 app]. The logic of the code goes like that (in all cases filling in one XML structure mystruct): .... <xml:if (condition1) <mystruct>..block1..</mystruct> </xml:if> <mystruct>..block2..</mystruct> <xml:if (condition3) <mystruct>..block3..</mystruct> </xml:if> ..... Does it seem fishy to you (no "else" or "choose/when/otherwise") ? I am trying to understand when block2 is executed and wheth...

XSLT Help !

Extracting XML data to be used in XSLT HTML output
Ok: I have done small level Xml stuff and am just now starting to understand some of the plumbing involved. I've done a lot of .NET programming for SQL Server, but little for Xml data stores. I am currently just interested in using the .xsl file that I have being applied to a source .xml file through ASP classic. Here's what I have: XSL file ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output meth...

XSLT from XSD
Is there a way to create a XSLT style sheett from XML document or from XSD schema? RS wrote: > Is there a way to create a XSLT style sheett from XML document or from XSD > schema? It's like asking can I generate C# program from my CSV file. Yes, you can, provided you know how to generate XSLT and what that XSLT should accomplish. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com ...

XSLT for WinForms?
Hello All, I was just curious to see if there was some analog to XSLT in WinForms. I'd like to be able to have my data be defined in XML, then process it with some kind of style sheet/transformation to dyamically "render" forms and their constituent controls on-the-fly. Would XAML fit this description, or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks In Advance! -Evan Evan, I don't think there is a relation between WinForms and XML. XSLT is an XML based technology used for transforming infosets into different representations. WinForms is a presentation layer for .NE...

xslt with anyType node
Hi, I am ceating a xml file from SQL data using VS2003. I want to then use xslt to transform xml to my web page. But the xml file when after serialisation has some nodes like this <anyType xsi:type="User"> I am using ArrayLists....this is why it is like that Problem is how do I select these nodes in xslt?????? An example of of the xml is <Users> <anyType xsi:type="User"> <ID>2345</ID> <Name>John</Name> <anyType> etc thanks rotsey Rotsey wrote: > Problem is how do I select these nodes i...

XSLT Doing my brain in....

Strange missing dots in xslt output
Hi, We're having a problem with some HTML output from an XSL translation that seems to have full stops (or dots, periods, or whatever you want to call them) removed. We have a piece of XSLT something like so: <a href="{dl:BuildLink($SomeParamHere)}" class="linkStandard"><xsl:copy-of select="resultdata[@name='Title']"/></a> Where dl is a external C# class added via AddExtensionObject and the BuildLink method eventually returns a url like so 'http://www.micrsoft.com/SomeParamHere' However, on our live servers the HTML ...

xslt and webcontrols
Hello all, Is it possible to use webcontrols in a xslt file eg. <xsl:template match="products"> <asp:Button id="Button1" runat="server" Text="test"/>"></asp:Button> </xsl:template> /Thomas The only way that you can currently do this is to create a dummy namespace in the XSLT that the "asp" prefix can be bound to, transform the XML into a string, then remove the namespace declaration for the dummy namespace. Once you have a string without the namespace declaration, call Page.ParseControl for the string,...