XSLT Development Tools?

Hi group, searching in the Internet I found two products for XML which
incorporate a very robust debugger for XSL/XSLT, I would like you to see
these products and then, give me your opinion about the development
environment or recommend me some other that you know.

XML IDE's
- http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net
- http://www.mentattech.com/themes/mentat/alchemist/index.html

Regards,

Teksure

0
teksure (1)

If you're willing to try Beta software there is also an XSL debugger
included in Visual Studio 2005 Professional and above which gives you the
ultimate debugging experience which is stepping from yrou C# or VB code
directly into your XSLT transforms and from your transforms into their
embedded managed script blocks. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/getthebetas/

"Teksure" <teksure@yahoo.es> wrote in message
> Hi group, searching in the Internet I found two products for XML which
> incorporate a very robust debugger for XSL/XSLT, I would like you to see
> these products and then, give me your opinion about the development
> environment or recommend me some other that you know.
>
> XML IDE's
> - http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net
> - http://www.mentattech.com/themes/mentat/alchemist/index.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Teksure

You can get more info on XSLT editing/debugging features of the VS2005 here:
article intro to XML Editor:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnxmlnet/html/xmltools.asp
video intro: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=64642

You can get VS2005-beta here:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/default.aspx

--
Stan Kitsis
Program Manager, XML Technologies

"Chris Lovett" <someone@nospam.please> wrote in message
> If you're willing to try Beta software there is also an XSL debugger
> included in Visual Studio 2005 Professional and above which gives you the
> ultimate debugging experience which is stepping from yrou C# or VB code
> directly into your XSLT transforms and from your transforms into their
> embedded managed script blocks. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/getthebetas/
>
> "Teksure" <teksure@yahoo.es> wrote in message
>> Hi group, searching in the Internet I found two products for XML which
>> incorporate a very robust debugger for XSL/XSLT, I would like you to see
>> these products and then, give me your opinion about the development
>> environment or recommend me some other that you know.
>>
>> XML IDE's
>> - http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net
>> - http://www.mentattech.com/themes/mentat/alchemist/index.html
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Teksure

0
skits (68)
6/16/2005 5:51:45 PM
The graphical XSLT Debugger in Exchanger XML Editor
(www.exchangerxml.com) is based (with permission) on the XSLT-Process
project that you mention. I have included the recent product
announcement for Exchanger XML Editor below with more information - it
is a Java-based offering and supports Xalan and Saxon, including XSLT
2.0 debugging. It also has a new Grid editor that is very convenient
for tag-free editing of XML.

Regards,
Gabriel McGoldrick
www.exchangerxml.com

Cladonia Limited is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
Version 3.1 of the Exchanger XML Editor.

Among the major enhancements in V3.1 are:
- Grid based editing;
- XSLT 2.0 Debugging using Saxon 8.4;
- Simplified XSLT transformations;
- Sample Instance generation from XML Schema;
- Improved User Interface with new icons;
- JGoodies look and feel.

New in Exchanger XML Editor V3.1

The primary focus of this release is a Grid view which provides
a convenient means for viewing and editing XML while shielding
the user from the complexities of the actual mark-up. While the
Grid is particularly useful for handling structured data, such
as purchase orders or medical records, it also supports documents
that contain mixed content. With its spreadsheet like interface,
the Grid view allows users to easily manipulate data in a
tag-free but XML-Aware environment.

View the video demonstration of the Grid at
http://www.exchangerxml.com/editor/videos/grid.html

The Exchanger XSLT Debugger now handles XSLT 2.0 Debugging
using Saxon 8.4. (The Saxon XSLT and XQuery Processor from
Saxonica Limited, www.saxonica.com ). The Exchanger XSLT
Debugger can be run in standalone mode as well as integrated
with the Editor, thereby facilitating the debugging of much
larger input documents which do not have to be opened in
the Editor. Other advantages of the Exchanger XSLT Debugger
include the ability to step instruction-by-instruction rather
than line-by-line and the ability to handle multiple output
documents. The Exchanger XSLT Debugger
is based on XSLT-Process  (http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net/)
with permission from the copyright holders, Ovidiu Predescu and Tony
Addyman.

XSLT Transformations have been simplified through the use
of redesigned Input dialogs for both the XML Input and XSL
Input. Users may now choose between the current open document,
choosing a different document or choosing a document from a URL.

Sample Instance Generation from XML Schema allows the user to
simply and easily generate an example document that conforms
to an XML Schema. Required elements and required attributes
will always be generated but the user also have the option
to generate optional elements, optional attributes and to
generate content.

The User Interface has been improved with the use of new
and updated icons on the toolbar and throughout the Editor.
This has helped to increase the
visual appeal of such items as the Schema Viewer and Outliner.

JGoodies Look and Feel have been included with this release
of the Exchanger XML Editor giving the user more choice when
assigning a look and feel.

In addition we now offer video demonstrations of the major
features of the Exchanger XML Editor and Exchanger XSLT
Debugger and a comprehensive documentation library. These
can be viewed at http://www.exchangerxml.com/editor/library.html

Exchanger XML Editor V3.1 is available for immediate download from
http://www.exchangerxml.com/editor/downloads.html

Users who registered for a previous version can re-register
to try out this new release:
http://www.exchangerxml.com/editor/evaluate.htm

Pricing and Availability

Exchanger XML Editor V3.1 and Exchanger XSLT Debugger are available
immediately.
For further information on the products visit
http://www.exchangerxml.com

A 30 day free trial may be downloaded from
http://www.exchangerxml.com/editor/downloads.html

Exchanger XML Editor V3.1 is available in two editions:

A single-user, multi-platform Commercial license costs
USD 130.00, EURO 110.00, GBP 75.00
A single-user, multi-platform Academic/Non-profit license costs
USD 48.00, EURO 39.00, GBP 26.00

To purchase please visit the Cladonia Online store at
http://www.exchangerxml.com/editor/buy.htm . Volume discounts
apply.

For sales related enquiries, please contact us at:
sales@cladonia.com
Tel: +353 91 861625

Regards,
Cladonia Ltd.
Simplifying XML
http://www.exchangerxml.com

Missing tool bar??
Several months ago I downloaded Windows Live Mail into my desktop computer Windows XP. After learning how to change a few settings and fighting the learning curve, I don't hate it as much as I did. I recently purchased a Laptop with Windows 7. I downloaded Windows Live Mail into it. It is the same except I cannot find an important setting. The bar across the top of the window that contains the buttons, "File, Edit, View, Go, Tools, Actions and Help" is missing. Please, where do I find the option to make this important feature appear????????? Thanks Ben L...

How xslt

Office 2008 for Mac Development- AppleScript vs. VBA
I'm looking for some advice from anyone who has experience writing addons for PowerPoint on both Windows and Mac machines. We have a Windows Office 2007 addon (.NET) that we'd like to port to the Mac. Thus, in PowerPoint 2008 for the Mac, we require the following functionality: Ribbon/Fluent extensibility Custom Task Panes Read/write custom document properties Save slides as images Read text and shape information from slides Get notification of the following PowerPoint application events; SlideSelectionChanged, PresentationClose and AfterPresentationOpen. I am hoping someone with ex...

Possible to include other tags in a XSLT file?
Is it possible to include addition tags in a XSLT file, that the XSLT processor will, for all practical purposes, ignore? What I'm looking to do is to include a section to contain information regarding what parameters the XSLT file is expecting. Then my program can retrieve the information from the style sheet and prompt the user for the necessary parameters. I'm envisioning the section would be something like this: <myParameters> <Param name="City" prompt="City to search for" /> <Param name="State" prompt...

Using VS2008 to develop CE .Net 4.2 apps with C#
Hi, I am new to CE Development and am not sure if I can use VS2008 to develop for CE .Net v4.2. Is it possible or will I need to use Embedded C++ V4 for my development? TIA "tony@avonwood" <tanda@sample.com> schrieb: >Hi, > >I am new to CE Development and am not sure if I can use VS2008 to develop >for CE .Net v4.2. > >Is it possible or will I need to use Embedded C++ V4 for my development? You can use either VS2005 Standard or VS 2008 Professional. Look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/products/cc149003.aspx Look for Smart Device Develo...

XSLT query

XSLT Doubt
Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? -- Regards, Prashant C "Prashant C" <PrashantC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4927C455-11C2-46B5-BC51-B8AD21E2B7C0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to transform Two XML documents at once using XSLT? Yes. Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev ...

XSLT with Database
Hi All, Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# or VB.NET -- Regards, Prashant C Prashant C wrote: > Is it possible to query database in XSLT? or pass value to XSLT through C# > or VB.NET You have three options: 1) global parameters in the stylesheet e.g. <xsl:param name="param-name"/> which you can set with C# or VB.NET code before you run a transformation, see <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList.AddParam.aspx> 2) extension "script" coded in VB.NET or C# or JScr...

New to XSLT and can't select even the first node... Any Help?
Hey, brand new to XSL and XSLT. I've downloaded an evaluation copy of XML Spy to debug my transformation, but I can't get to frist base. Can anyone help my get straightened out? My XSLT is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="DataSet_Studio_Appt_Dates/Studio_Appt_Date_Times"> <ItWorked>YEAH</ItWorked> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:t...

RMS Stopped Development?
Hello! I am new to RMS. I asked from a Microsoft Partner for a quote and it gave us a quite huge amount but "justifiable". However, after examining the demo version of the software, we noticed that it's VERSION 1.2 and was last developed in 2003. I am wondering if Microsoft really has a plan in maintaining the RMS software since it's almost about 2 years that RMS has no version revisions. I am just afraid that if we invest in this huge amount and then RMS will be left in the dark. Thanks! So will a lot of the rest of us. They so far are continuing to make fixes and i...

XSLT Development Tools?
Hi group, searching in the Internet I found two products for XML which incorporate a very robust debugger for XSL/XSLT, I would like you to see these products and then, give me your opinion about the development environment or recommend me some other that you know. XML IDE's - http://xslt-process.sourceforge.net - http://www.mentattech.com/themes/mentat/alchemist/index.html Regards, Teksure If you're willing to try Beta software there is also an XSL debugger included in Visual Studio 2005 Professional and above which gives you the ultimate debugging experience which is stepping...

Please develop capability to insert screenshots into CRm emails
CRM email does not have the ability to insert screenshots as you can in Outllook email client. I would appreciate if anyone knows of workaround or product that can do this. We can lose a very large opportunity because of this limitation. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" i...

Using the Dexterity IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
HI: Where does the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) get loaded, on the MSSQL server, or the client pc? Thanks, Janieb Dexterity is installed on a development machine -- that can be a client computer. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "janieb" wrote: > HI: > > Where does the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) get loaded, on the > MSSQL server, or the client pc? > > Thanks, > > Jan...

Is there an Excel Developers Extensions Toolkit
or an equivalent license that allows royalty free distrbution of a runtime version of Excel? "Stevie Ray" wrote... >or an equivalent license that allows royalty free >distrbution of a runtime version of Excel? There is no runtime version of Excel. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. Thanks HG, I just found a reference elsewhere to Microsoft Access Data Components that implies it gives runtime Excel functionality to a program they are selling. Are you familiar with that? >-----Original Message----- >"Stevie Ray" wrote... >&...

XSLT validation
Reposting since this forum might be more appropriate for my question. I have written a simple piece of code in C# that takes a xml file as input, applies a xsl transform and outputs a xml file. I want to validate my output xml file against the xsl file to verify that the output is as expected. How can i do this? Thanks in advance! KL wrote: > I have written a simple piece of code in C# that takes a xml file as input, > applies a xsl transform and outputs a xml file. > > I want to validate my output xml file against the xsl file to verify that > the output is as exp...

XSLT reference?
Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to navigate to it from either the Contents or the Index? -- www.midnightbeach.com In the index, select no filter and type in XSLT -- Of all words of tongue and pen, the saddest are: "It might have been" Bill.Richards @ greyskin .co .uk http://greyskin.co.uk "Jon Shemitz" wrote: > Once, I happened on a fairly complete set of xsl: language element > docs in VS.2003. I can't find it again - can anyone tell me how to > na...

Date format in xslt
Hi, How to convert date format from MM/dd/yyyy to yyyyMMdd in the XSLT. Is there any method to convert. I am getting date in the XML as string. Plx response on the same group. Thanks in advance Sandy Sandeep Singh wrote: > How to convert date format from MM/dd/yyyy to yyyyMMdd in the XSLT. > Is there any method to convert. > I am getting date in the XML as string. Use string functions like substring-after and substring-before to extract the parts and concatenate them as needed. If you are using MSXML 4/5/6 or .NET XslCompiledTransform then for output formatting you can als...

Inbox Repair Tool #14
How do I run the Inbox Repair Tool? Search your system for Scanpst.exe, then run it. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e501c4a7c1$8d3a2020$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I run the Inbox Repair Tool? ...

Office Development Toolkit?
Hi, I'm trying to develop a plugin for Microsoft Word for Mac OS X. The plugin should fetch a word over which the mouse is placed. Based on this word I need to do a popup. I have successfully done this for Windows platform by using the libraries found in the Office Development toolkit. Is there an equivalent toolkit for Mac. Many Thanks in advance. Mahesh Hi I took a peek in the Office object library but could not find anything dealing with mouse-overs being able to fetch the text under the mouse. To the best of my knowledge there is no office developer kit for the Mac version of Of...

IIS not recognized SQL Server 2005 Development edition
My installation is not recognizing that IIS is loded and/or enabled. Anyone know of why this would be happening. The computer is Windows 7 64-bit and I installed the 64 bit verion of SQL Server. The RS option is greyed out when I try to insall. -- RW IIS is not running by default with Windows 7. You have to configure windows 7 to have IIS. Without IIS RS 2005 will not install. Do you have the option of using SQL 2008/RS 2008. RS 2008 does not use IIS. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "RW" <RW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Deploying Exchange 2003 admin tools
I manage a full Windows 2003/XP domain, with a single Exchange 2003 organization; in this domain there are some users with administrative rights, and I want them to be able to do their administrative tasks from any workstation of the network. So I assigned (via AD group policy) the Windows 2003 administrative tools package (adminpak.msi) to every computer on the network, to allow these users to have their tools available when needed; I know I could also have assigned the package to the users, but this would have considerably slowed down logon time when one of them logs on to a workstation he n...

XSLT Optimization
Hopefully, someone could point me in the right direction. I have we services that takes a DataSet object and Transforms it into pre-defined XSD (outside of my organization's control). I hav successfully done everything, now I am at a point where I want t verify that my XSLT logic is optimized. Since I am new to XSLT codin logic, I want to make sure that my transformation from DataSet to ne XML format is optimal. Basically, I want to find out any resources (website, books, etc.) tha you would highly recommend. There are alot of books out there, but wanted to "cut through the chase&...

Question regarding installing ESM tools
Hi everyone, Just wondering, I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. Our network is Native Mode Windows 2000. Since we moved to Exchange 2003 (from Exchange 5.5) i have had to go into the Exchange server's ADUC snap-in to create new users just for the ability to create a new mailbox with the user. I would like to be able to do this from any one of our DC's . I think this is possile if i install the ESM tools from the exchange CD on our DC's. 1) How safe is this to do considering our environment? and 2) Does it require a restart of the DC's? (which i imagine it does) thanks...

XSLT Question
Hi, I'm using .NET Framework 1.1 XSLT. Can anyone tell me why this works: <xsl:for-each select="$somenodelist"> <xsl:if test="ext:CheckCondition (@condition)">Bla</xsl:if> </xsl:for-each> But the following doesn't produce the same results - it behaves as if CheckCondition (a custom function that returns System.Boolean) would _always_ return true: <xsl:for-each select="$somenodelist [ext:CheckCondition (@condition)]"> Bla </xsl:for-each> What's the point of the square brackets then ... I thought it would be &q...

Options Choice in Tools Menu
Word 2003 - The 'Options' choice in the 'Tools' Menu has disappeared. Anyone know how to get it back. I have found an answer for Word 2007 but not Word 2003. Help! See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/RestoreMenuCmd.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "tess" <tess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B21B84A-6F41-4476-B253-57B0C78CA514@microsoft.com... > Word 2003 - The 'Options' choice in the 'Tools' Menu has disappeared. > ...