XSL If Question

Hi,

I am using XSL if to look and see if a node exists and if so display it with
a header (see below).  Some of the xml I transforming has nodes like this
<Test /> and it shows up in my html report (header no value).  How do I test
for this?

<xsl:if test="Test">
<xsl:if test="Test">
<b><xsl:text>Header: </xsl:text></b>
<xsl:value-of select="Test"/>
</xsl:if>

Thanks

0
fred2930 (10)

test for:

  Test[normalize-space(node())]

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

"Fred" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using XSL if to look and see if a node exists and if so display it
> with a header (see below).  Some of the xml I transforming has nodes like
> this <Test /> and it shows up in my html report (header no value).  How do
> I test for this?
>
> <xsl:if test="Test">
> <xsl:if test="Test">
> <b><xsl:text>Header: </xsl:text></b>
> <xsl:value-of select="Test"/>
> </xsl:if>
>
> Thanks

Journal question
I would like to journal email and meetings for one contact and email and tasks for another. Can that be done? It seems from the Journal Options dialog that you have to journal all selected contacts using the same options, but I wanted to make sure that I'm not missing an option somewhere. Thanks Krista No, the journal options apply to all contacts, irrespective of what you really want to do. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be del...

discount question #2
I need to setup a discount for every item in the rms. Let just say im selling cups that are all different ounces. If a customer buys two or more cups then every other cup will be a dollar off. What do you think will be the best way to set this up? Thank You for your time from store operations 2.0 help file on this subject: Mix and Match: Unit price Pricing schedule: In the Quantity column, enter the quantity the customer must buy in order to receive one of the prices in the other columns. In the Reg. Price column, enter the extended price for that quantity (the discounted price tim...

ofstream question
Hi, when I write like that in UNICODE it's ok: ofstream binDataFile("c:\\test.bmp" , ios::out | ios::binary); but when TCHAR szFile [255]; _stprintf(szFile,_T("c:\\test.bmp")); ofstream binDataFile( (LPCSTR)szFile , ios::out | ios::binary); it doesn't work although I see szFile points to correct name. anybody can help? Probably I do something stupid... ofstream is not meant for UNICODE -- use wofstream, which will not work with ANSI strings. Use #ifdef UNICODE to compile with different classes. Note that unless you are using an OS that is Unicode-aware, t...

Question for Suzanne Barnhill
I recently read an answer to a question where you indicated getting page numbers on Odd pages only, and sequentially, can be done with{({Page}+1)/2}. I tried it in a newly created file and it worked like a charm. A group at my company has a training guide template, and they would be interested in employing this, but, in there template, when I edit the field, as you suggested, the page number disappears. Even with nothing else in the footer I have tried various combintions of Different Odd/Even, Section Breaks, etc, and nothing else in the footer. Can you think of anything I mi...

XSL feed-- Metadata -Deployement Mgr
hi when we publish from deployement manager the xsl files are getting changed!!! my question is from which table(or tables) of the MSCRM, the metadata for the XSL is feeded??? Thanks in advance OrganizationUIBase Mike greaterthantwo media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. http://www.greaterthantwo.com "Apple" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ueXyX%233%23DHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi > when we publish from deployement manager the xsl files are getting > changed!!! > > my question is fro...

Basic Question StringReader (ReadXML)
Emm, i hava a problem with accessing Schema Fiends from the CRMQuery Result-XML. I tried to Access mit Schema-Fields using Dim users As New DataSet users.ReadXml(New StringReader(usersXml)) Dim myRow As DataRow For Each myRow In users.Tables("result").Rows Dim opportunityVO As New OpportunityVO Try opportunityVO.Name = myRow.Item("name") Catch ex As Exception System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Accountid" + ex.Message) End Try '... Next BUT i also need the Account-ID which is - looking at the XML Structure - in the "accountid"-"t...

Pivot Table for survey data w/ questions as Rows & poss answrs as
Hi, I'm trying to use a Pivot Table to present some survey results, and could use a point in the right direction. Details: -------- - The first question is "what department do you work for?" - The rest of the questions all have the same possible answers (agree, strongly, disagree, strongly disagree). - The questions are the column headings in the source data set. In the Pivot Table, I'm looking to: ----------------------------------- - have the rows be the individual questions (col headings from data set) - have the columns be the four possible answer (col data from data...

MSPOS Questions/Needs (NOT RMS)
We are using MSPOS in a small coffee shop. There are a number of issues we'd like to know if anyone has found solutions for: * Adding gratuity to credit/debit transactions via XML receipt template * Adding gratuity to credit/debit transactions before settling transactions * Utilizing loyalty/gift cards with MSPOS MSR feature * Utilizing barcode PLU to assign customer specific discount (e.g., local school district employees receive a 10% discount and we'd like to be able to scan a bar code that automatically applies the discount) * Running report to display all transactions tha...

Interesting Counting Question...HELP
I work in Recreation and thought that excel might be able to help us. Here is the background. I am running a sports league. Each week teams play and results are sent to us to post. Players that were penalized during the game are put onto a list and if they are penalized 3 times within 5 weeks they are suspended. Here is my question. Is there a formula in excel that would allow me to determine the 3 time offenders automatically. Example: Ted 5/29 Jay 6/5 David 6/5 John 6/12 Gustavo 6/12 Greg 6/12 Ernesto 6/26 Robert 6/26 Gustavo 6/26 Joel 7/10 Gustavo 7/10 Greg 7/10 Jose 7/24 Gus...

Question about fonts
Is there a *simple* way to find out where a particular font is used within a Publisher file? I have Pub 2000 and 2002 on Win 98SE. -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn No why. -- That should have been 'no way'!!! -- Darn - "No, why?" would a been a better response. Oh well, back to my newsletter.......... -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "���M�S��Publisher���" <replytonewsgroup@nomail.com> wrote in m...

Average Question Again #3
I am confused as to what I should do. Thanks for all your help th answer I need is the average of a group of numbers. Maybe I entered th formula wrong I really am not sure what to do -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27013 ...

chart question #4
I have a reference line that I want to appear on my chart. It's a straight line (nothing complicated). I've drawn it, and it kind-a works, but everytime I change any data or resize the chart, etc. ... the line moves (then of course I need to look up where it was suppose to be, if I don't have a handy previous printout). Having to move a graphic line "accurately" in Excel is no treat!! Is there any way to lock that line with the chart? Alternatively, is there a way to input such a line another way, so that it remains static on the chart. I did enter a straight line ...

dl question
I create a dl.. Mail goes to the dl.. if there are no users associated with the dl what happens to the mail that is delivered to it. Where is it stored? tks angelo The mail is deleted or turfed by the transport categorizer. -Ade "Angelo" <angelo_correa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OjipvJxzDHA.1500@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I create a dl.. Mail goes to the dl.. if there are no users associated with > the dl what happens to the mail that is delivered to it. Where is it > stored? > > tks > angelo > > tks ade "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" &l...

Question about USER INFO IN AD
Hi: How user can update own INFO into the acitvedirectory ? dos any tools to batch import and export? Greetings Jeff To give the users power to update their own information use Global Address Modify Tool. This Global Address Modify Tool is a simple executable file that comes with the Exchange 2000 Server resource kit. When a user runs the Global Address Modify Tool, he is presented with a screen that allows him to change all sorts of personal information, such as home business, fax and cell numbers, address, etc. To preserve security, users are allowed to update only their informat...

Exchange Rules Question
We have just migrated from Notes to Exchange 2003 in a 2003 domain. So I am new and still learning. Is it possible to create a global rule on the Exchange server that would place a copy of an email sent to a user in a sub-folder of their inbox? For example, say I send an email to a distribution group with the subject of Dept. Policy. I want to create a rule that would copy the email to a folder called Policies in the user's inbox. Is this at all possible and how would I do this? Also, is there a good article that explains server side and client side rules? Thanks This should eas...

Pivot Table Questions
In my access pivot table some of the data in the sheet is not visible without scrolling. This is when I am in show detail view. When the row has 10-12 lines of data I can see it all, when it has 15 or more some of it is not visible without going into the detail and scrolling. 1. How do I increase the width of the rows so that all the detail is visible? 2. What's the best way to print a Pivot Table? Can I use a report? Thanks for any help. ...

xsl:with-param fails in XSL that accepts arguments from XML control
Hi, why does with-param fail to send parameters to any templates in a stylesheet that also accepts arguments from the ASP.NET XML control? The argument from the XML control seems to be available to any template in the stylesheet, even if a parameter for the argument is NOT coded for a template call. On the other hand, any parameters coded for a template call don't seem to pass their values (the stylesheet doesn't crash - everything is still rendered). ASP.NET C# code that loads the xml control xmlCtrl.TransformSource="template.xsl"; XsltArgumentList args1 = new XsltArgum...

XIRR question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C71ADC.AAACD810 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the following numbers/dates in an excel sheet A1:D3 1/1/2007 1/1/2008 1/1/2009 1/1/2010=20 $ (10) $ 1 =20 $ 2 $ 20 =20 I want to run an XIRR on the entire stream, something to the effect of = XIRR(A2:B2&C3:D3,A1:D1) This will not work. I could create a 4th row that sums rows 2 and 3 and = do XIRR(A4:D4,A1:D1) but I have literally 1000 o...

xsl:if and string function
I'm at my wit's end with this one. Within an xsl:if test, I'm not able to get 2 variables to properly evaluate if one of them is wrapped within a string function. <!-- This works --> <xsl:if test="$var:v141=&quot;true&quot;"> <!-- This doesn't work --> <xsl:if test="string($var:v141)=&quot;true&quot;"> I can't figure out why. The transformation is taking place within dotnet and the var:v141 is assigned through a function call and it doesn't matter if I return a boolean value or a string value ("true&quo...

question about IMF
Dear all: If I send the email out, will IMF learn the reception user and add them to white-list? If yes, where is the IMF database? Many thanks for your reply! IMF will not learn, but Outlook will allow you to automatically add people you send email to to your safe senders list. The safe senders list is stored with your mailbox on the server and IMF will respect it (as long as IMF didn't block it at the gateway). -GT "David" <david@idle.com.tw.nospam> wrote in message news:eFPi8qSyEHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all: > > > > If ...

Question about E-mail templates in 3.0
Do anyone knows whether it is possible to customize email templates to include e.g. flash or jpeg’s or just a plain word dodument?? ...

Outlook Question #7
Gang, I have a client that I am working with and the strangest thing happened! I was working on a domain authentication issue and had to delete a user account from a computer. After this I recreate the user and no email, so strange! All of my client's emails are gone all of his personal saved emails everything, In fact I have to reconfigure the Outlook mail settings just to get email running. So the end result......I cant find the guys email and I have no idea what is going on! HELP!! Client OS XP Outlook 2002 patched Thanks Joe Hi, Even if you create a new user with...

managed newsgroup questions
We have a support plan with microsoft, this is supposed to allow us to take part in the managed newsgroups. I have a few questions regarding this: In customersource under managed newsgroup maintenance, I have my email address set to be monitored and entered. On the discussion forum under my profile, the email address is set to the same address as in customersource except it has .(donotspam) on the end. Is this alright or do they need to match exactly? If so which one should be changed? Do I have to post questions in a special place other than the public discussion board if I want m...

Windows 7/64 question
Can someone tell me why my Win 7/64 seems to have a single default folder where almost everything is saved, unless I am careful and force a change? I'm talking about just one folder, everything seems to be forced to go there on saving. The folder is ...Users\my-user-name\documents\excel files This is a pain in the a** for me. If I haven't specified a certain save location for a software, the saved files go to me excel files folder. This isn't just ms office, it happens with almost all software I have installed. I removed everything from Libraries\documents ...

Question...
Ok I have a list of dates spread across the top of my spreadsheet liste for every Monday from now until the end of December. And every week come into the document and highlight the week that it is currently i green, and turn the last week's back to white. Is there a way to d this automatically so that I do not have to manually do it every week? Thanks, Tyeja -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try using a conditional format.e.g. if you data starts in A1 try: - select your data in row 1 - goto the conditional format dialog and enter the following formula: =(a1<TODA...