xsi:type infopath

Hi,

I have an XML Schema containing inherited complex types, and
xs:elements using @type of the top complex type, meaning, any child
complex type can be an instance of that element by declaring the
complex type name using xsi:type .

If I write the xml by hand, and validate against the xml schema, works
really well.

Using infopath I can import the schema and the data structure is
displayed in the form designer, although there is no apparent way to
allow users to select the xsi:type the instance of that element will
be using.

Has anybody used xsi:type with infopath before, or know any way to
define element instance selectors in infopath ?

Thanks
Miguel

0
migdemelo (2)

click public folder need me type user name password
hi i using exchange 2003 entperise ,now when i start " exchange system manager " click " administrator groups , and then click Folders Right-click Public Folders, and then click View System Folders but i type all user name & password , also not work also show me type user name & password ( administrator & domain admin ) also like this , how can i solve this problem ? in public folder store , i can see ( logons ,public folder instances , public folders, replication status , full-text indexing ) put when i double click this then show user name & password ...

XmlValidatingReader invalid xsi:type
I have an abstract base class and two derived classes that I want to serialize and deserialize with schema validation. When I serialize instances of the derived classes the XmlSerializer adds the xsi:type="DerivedClass" attribute and the Instance Namespace. When I attempt to validate the xml upon deserialization the XmlValidatingReader chokes on this attribute value. I can't seem to find a way around this. Any suggestions? Could you post your final XSD and XML you are trying to validate using XmlValidatingReader ? "Jason Cartwright" <jason@cartwrightkids.com> w...

setting xsi:schemaLocation on XmlSerialize
I'm developing a GUI application in C#. I have a schema file (.XSD) and am able to serialize and deserialize the applications data using the schema file to an .XML file. (I'm using xsd.exe to generate my serializable class, XmlSerializer to Serialize and DeSerialize and XMLValidatingReader to validate. My intention is that application users can edit the content of the .XML file using their favorite XML editor as well as by using my app. However I want the user's XML editor to be aware of my .XSD file. In a previous posting Priya Lakshminarayanan pointed out that, wi...

Typing times
Hi Is there a way to type times easily in Excel ? It is used for keeping track of times during production. Input would be; Startup 6.30 6.45 Production order No 1 6.45 8.30 Change of product 8.30 8.50 Production order No 2 8.50 12.15 Maintenance 12.15 13.00 Lunch 13.00 13.45 etc Data has to be summerized on the different lines (start up, production, maintenance, lunch etc) The problem is the time it takes to punch it in. Kind regards, Dean Dean, have a look here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- ...

Why does word eat my letters when typing?
when typing on a form, why does word eat my letters in front of where I am typing? Perhaps you accidentally touched the Insert button when aiming for Backspace or Delete. Press Insert again. On Jun 2, 6:47=A0pm, lilfrogr <lilfr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when typing on a form, why does word eat my letters in front of where I a= m > typing? Are you in Overtype mode? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews...

Problem serializing type System.Xml.XmlElement
I have written a little application that can grab part of a page from a web site. I then want to take this result and be able to serialize it so that it can be stored as XML. I am storing these "ResultNodes" as System.Xml.XmlElements but when I try and serialize (serialise) my result object I get the following exception: "System.InvalidOperationException" - "There was an error generating the XML document" "The type System.Xml.XmlElement may not be used in this context." at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o...

Combining two types of functions. Select Query and DLookup
I would like to write a code that performs the following action: 1. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is 19912 2. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and comboBox National Site ID 3. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is not 19912 4. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and a DLookup () on comboBox National Site ID I tried the code below but it's not working. Any ideas on how to do this? If Me.cmbProjectNumber.Value="19912" then cmbNationalSiteID.RowSource = "SELECT DISTINCT [National Site ID] FROM [InScope Table] WHERE [Proje...

int type
When the integer type is displayed in a form I was told it was formatted (12345 is shown as 12,345). Is it possible to show it as 12345. Thanks, Stanley Dear Stanley, you can find your answer on the site of Jim Wang: How to format a number field(integer) without showing commas? (http:// jianwang.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-format-number-fieldinteger.html) the code he uses is: if(crmForm.all.new_number != null && crmForm.all.new_number.DataValue ! = null) { crmForm.all.new_number.value = crmForm.all.new_number.DataValue; } regards Huib http://crm.atechnisch.nl ...

ODBC export to Excel data type problem.
Hi. I am having problem with setting "time" type of data in excel output file and have lost any idea about how to do it to work properly. Some code from program: sSql.Format("DRIVER={%s};DSN='';FIRSTROWHASNAMES=1;FIL=excel 97;READONLY=FALSE;CREATE_DB=\"%s\";DBQ=%s", strExcelDriver, strFileName, strFileName); //strExcelDriver = "Microsoft Excel Driver (.xls)" //strFileName is name given by a choose name dialog database.OpenEx(sSql,CDatabase::noOdbcDialog) strTableName = _T("Rozmowy przychodz´┐Żce"); strFieldNames = CString("...

xsi:noNameSpaceSchemaLocation
Hi, I am creating C# calsses to seralize and deserialize based on xsd. When defining the classes to do seralization i need to specify the schema for the reference. Typically my class definition looks like this : [XmlRootAttribute(NameSpace = "", IsNullable=false)] public class MyClass { public string myString; } I need to specify xsi:noNameSpaceSchemaLocation somewhere in the XmlRootAttribute. Please help me.... Regards Balaji. V ============= *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Balaji V wrote...

when i type i am not seeing any text in Outlook 2003
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003, I don't know what happened but when I try to send an email nothing appears instead I only see read error lines on the screen. I have tried everything but nothing works. I cannot type because no text appears on my screen. I am not able to send emails. Please help!! After typing a couple of words that you do not see, try to highlight the area where you typed.What happens? Is your font colour set to white? Peter "tigka98@hotmail.com" <tigka98@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777622D7-4C61-432B-B8AD-5...

Configuration type identifier
I have a project (a Windows service) in VS 8.0 with "Configuration Type" set to "Application (.exe)". I also compile the same code as a dll and use it in a different project. I'm just wondering is there any macro I can use in #ifdef statements to do conditional compilation when I switch between exe and dll? Something that is set by Visual Studio when "configuration type" is changed... I define one manually, but just want to make the things easier... Thanks. ~Peter I believe there's no predefined macro for this. I imagine if there was, MS would have us...

Changing data types
I am trying to use ODBC to query an Excel spreadsheet. The ODBC driver looks at the first 8 rows in each column to determine the datatype. I have mixed numbers and text, but the driver thinks the column is numeric. As a result, text entries are not returned. My solution is to change the format of the cells to Text. This works, but I have to reenter each numeric value in order for Excel to see them as Text. Is there a quick shortcut for reentering text in selected cells? Thank you very much. Rick Quatro Once you have imported the data, check that the format in these cells is not set to Text...

Change field type to lookup column
Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup from a table without losing all the previously input data? -- savannah Do not change the field in the table but in your form use a list box. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "savannah" wrote: > Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup > from a table without losing all the previously input data? > -- > savannah Thanks Karl. However, forms are not being used at this time. Data is entered directly on the form. I do understand that this f...

BUG in typed dataset generation, when using maxoccurs and Simple Types??
Hi, I've looked all over for any information about this, and either this is a bug that I cannot find reported or I've misunderstood something. Lets say, in the XML Designer in VS.NET 2003, you drag over an element (call it MyElement) and add another element of type string (call it NormalElement) as a member. If you look at the generated typed Dataset code there should be just one table ("MyElementDataTable"), with one column (NormalElement). If you set maxOccurs to something greater than 1, or unbounded, then the dataset has to contain an additional table to allow for more ...

Credit Card Type on the EDC Report
I need to modify EDC batch report to show either 'Credit Card Type' or starting 4 number of a credit card. We have defined tender type for each credit card but problem happens if a clerk enter Visa under tender tyep 'Amex' or vise versa, so we need to have a way separte credi transactino some thing other than tendor type. Thanks, -- Dhesi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01CAFDB8.80429F20 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="utf-8"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yo...

Data Type mismatch error 3464 in Dlookup
Here is the code: Private Sub id_Part_AfterUpdate() strFilter = "pm_Part = " & Me!id_Part Me!id_Unit = DLookup("pm_Retail", "Parts", strFilter) End Sub Hi. I am getting error 3464 Data Type mismatch when I run this code. The field id_Unit is on the form and is of the type Currency. The field pm_Retail is in the Parts table and is of the type Currency. The field id_Part is on the form. The field pm_Retail is in the Parts table. This seems simple enough but I can't figure out what the type mismatch is. I would appreciate any sugges...

catagory file type
I want to create a new file but import my old catagory list. What is the file type that contains the catagory list? Also is there a way to do muliple cut and pastes of enteries from one account to another. Colin Jackson The only way that comes to mind is probably more work than that. I'm thinking of getting the transactions into Excel via MoneyLink, doing spreadsheet magic to reduce the list to unique categories, generating a QIF of $0 transactions to an account you can delete afterwards, then importing that QIF. "Colin Jackson" <jackson309@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

Combination of chart types
I want to create a stock chart (with 3 series) and then add another serie in form of line. Is this possible and how? -- Gordana Jankovska Head of Controlling & Budgeting TITAN Group - Cementarnica "USJE" AD Skopje Prvomajska bb, 1000 Skopje tel: +389 2 2786 138 fax: +389 2 2782 535 e-mail: gordanaj@usje.com.mk Jon Peltier has instructions for this on his web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html Gordana Jankovska wrote: > I want to create a stock chart (with 3 series) and then add another serie in > form of line. Is this possible a...

XmlSerializer and xsi:schemaLocation
I am trying to use XmlSerializer to serialize a class I have create specifically for generating an XML file. The problem is that the XML file must contain a xsi:schemaLocatio attribute in my root node but I can't figure out any way to do it. Here is what the resulting XML file must look like (small sample): <TXLife xmlns="http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/2 xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance *xsi:schemaLocation="http://ACORD.org/Standards/Life/ TXLife2.11.01.xsd"* Version="2.11.01"> <blah>whatever</blah> </TXLife> Th...

Part list not updated on change of type.
The data base consists of scanners and scanner parts. We carry out servicing on scanners and raise a service report (numbered) which records work done and parts used (these are detrermined from the scanner type). When a service report is input the scanner type is entered on the main form and a subform is used to record the parts used. The user on entering the subform is given a list of parts based on the scanner type and he selects the parts used and adds quantities. This is done using the "after update" event on the subform. This input of data appears to work OK. ...

How to change the default lookup type from "account" to "contact"
When you use the outlook client to link an e-mail to a crm records the "lookup records" form opens. The default obeject type is set to "account". We would like to change the type to "contact" as default. How can we achieve this? It would be easy to add a onLoad event but I dont find the "lookup records" form in crm Please help! Alex Hi Alexander, Try this in the onload event of the form (where customerid is the name of the field you want to change default for). //change default lookup type to contact if (crmForm.all.customerid != null) { cr...

How can I hide unused file types from file types list in save dial
Hello! When I save document I should choose file type from list. Becouse I need to save in different formats (csv, txt, excel) then I scroll this list. How can I hide unused file types from file types list in save dialog? I want to select from 5-6 document types. "Formats Customizer" utility can help to you "Estra Q" wrote: > Hello! > When I save document I should choose file type from list. > Becouse I need to save in different formats (csv, txt, excel) then I scroll > this list. > > How can I hide unused file types from file types...

Accessing custom Property of type MV:string
I want to acess "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#keyword"property in a record set using ADODB object. Type of property is MV:String, it may contain muliple valus. How i can access this property with followin query strSQL = "Select ""DAV:id"",""urn:schemas:contacts:fileas"",""urn:schemas:contacts:email1"",""DAV:getlastmodified"", ""urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#keyword"" FROM scope('shallow traversal of """ & Path2Contacts & "&qu...

What is the OWA file type or format type?
We use Exchange 2003 with McAfee Groupshield 6. If a user forwards a message with graphics & text it is blocked by Groupshield file filtering. It displays as "blocked" to the sender immediately after selecting a message to forward then clicking the forward button in OWA. I want to allow the content through Groupshield without blocking but I need help determining what file type or format type the forwarded OWA message is. What is the file type or format type of forwarded OWA messages that contain text & graphics? -- Thank you, Russ ...