xsd.exe problem

I get the following error when I run xsd.exe on my xsd file: "It is an error
if maxExclusive is among the members of {facets} of {base typ
e definition} and {value} is greater than or equal to the {value} of the
parent
maxExclusive."

Looking at the line indicated in the error message, I find the beginning of
this derived type:

DERIVED TYPE:
<xs:simpleType>
          <xs:restriction base="globLib:PercentageDecimalDataType">
            <xs:maxInclusive value="6.20" />
</xs:restriction>

BASE TYPE:
<xs:simpleType name="PercentageDecimalDataType">
    <xs:restriction base="xs:decimal">
      <xs:minInclusive value="0.00" />
      <xs:maxInclusive value="100.00" />
      <xs:totalDigits value="5" />
      <xs:fractionDigits value="2" />
    </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

There is no maxExclusive.

Am I missing something or is this a bug? If the latter, is there likely to
be a fix anytime soon?

I'd say it's a bug ... if nothing else the error message is ;)

Have you reported it at the Whidbey Customer Feedback center [0]? That's
probably the best and fastest way to get it in front of the development
team to see if they fix it. Otherwise you may want to contact PSS and
see if they provide a hotfix, which should be free if it's treated as a
bug.

HTH,
Christoph Schittko
MVP XML
http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko

[0] http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/

My experience is that this is an old known bug. It is really disappointed
that it is not fixed in sp1.

"tenfingers" wrote:

> I get the following error when I run xsd.exe on my xsd file: "It is an error
> if maxExclusive is among the members of {facets} of {base typ
> e definition} and {value} is greater than or equal to the {value} of the
> parent
> maxExclusive."
>
> Looking at the line indicated in the error message, I find the beginning of
> this derived type:
>
> DERIVED TYPE:
> <xs:simpleType>
>           <xs:restriction base="globLib:PercentageDecimalDataType">
>             <xs:maxInclusive value="6.20" />
> </xs:restriction>
>
> BASE TYPE:
> <xs:simpleType name="PercentageDecimalDataType">
>     <xs:restriction base="xs:decimal">
>       <xs:minInclusive value="0.00" />
>       <xs:maxInclusive value="100.00" />
>       <xs:totalDigits value="5" />
>       <xs:fractionDigits value="2" />
>     </xs:restriction>
> </xs:simpleType>
>
> There is no maxExclusive.
>
> Am I missing something or is this a bug? If the latter, is there likely to
> be a fix anytime soon?

trouble validating against xsd

Resource DLL problem
Hi, Anybody encoutered this issue? I'm using VC++ 6.0 to create a resource DLL, it works fiine. Later, I add a static text control and give it ID as IDC_STATIC_MY, then I rebuild it . It seems to work fine but actually this control can't be called by application. I check the resource.h file of DLL project and found this ID is not there, so I add it and rebuild again. A warning appears saying this ID has been redefiined. However, this DLL can be called successfully by other application. Just want to know how to eliminate this warning in building process. -- Best regards. Susan ...

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

Same problem can send mail but cant recieve none of the threads he
My problem is basiclly the same but i tried all that and it didnt help im tryign to make my windowmail read my live account and it will recieve email but not send or forward here is my error code The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try these - compare against the settings you currently have in Tools - Accounts - Properties for that account. Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 ...

Installation problem 06-04-07
I am trying to install CRM from the 90day demo provided with "Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0" and get the followin message:- Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Analyzer+CollectAction failed, The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. with Abort/Retry/Ignore buttons I am completely new to CRM so this may be obvious - but not to me... Guy Hi Does the server you are using to install CRM on belong to the domain that you are using? Does the install user account have rights to the domain? -- Rgds Michael MCDB...

data range problem
Hi I have a problem with external data. In the Data Range Properties, under Data Layout. There are 3 options after 'If the number of rows in the data range changes upon refresh:' 1 - Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells 2 - Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells 3 - Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells. I want option 3 to be the default oprion but it always defaults back to option 2. Is there any way I can change this.?? Cheers Baz ...

Money 2004
I have multiple accounts at Fidelity (Brokerage, 401(k), IRAs, UTMA) in my and my spouse's name. My problem is that Money 2004 inexplicably stops downloading transactions from the Fidelity accounts. It will still update online quotes, and credit card transactions from Discover. The only way I can download Fidelity transactions is to go to the Online Service Manager and discontinue using the service, and then go back to setup service. This becomes a pain when you have to do it every two weeks and then you have to match each account in Money with the corresponding Fidelity accou...

Mapisp32.exe
When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang. Office 97 in running on windows XP using internet mail. Any help would be much appreciated aidan wrote: > When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on > the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang. Office 97 in running on > windows XP using internet mail. > > Any help would be much appreciated Not sure if this will help, but see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/imep.htm Also note - OL97 is old, unsupported, and was buggy at rele...

Problem while installing Client.
Microsoft Crm 3.0 desktop client for outlook cannot be installed , due to the following message displayed at the time of installation : Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. Due to this installation is left incomplete. Prompt reply towards the resolution of above stated problem, will be highly appreciated. Errors & exception logged into the log file for this failure is as follows : 10:22:18| Info| === Logging stopped: 9/27/2006 10:22:18 === 10:22:18| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.Rel...

About XSD Parser
Hello, I have a XSD file which has the following format: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" targetNamespace="http://www.w3schools.com" xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:element name="note"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="to" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="from" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="heading&q...

Problem installing Office v.X *UPGRADE* version on Panther
I recently upgraded from my old WallStreet (PowerBook/G3) running Jaguar (MacOS 10.2.8) to a new PowerBook/G4 15" running Panther (MacOS 10.3.1). Today, I tried to install my existing copy of Microsoft Office v.X onto the new PowerBook (as I retire the old PowerBook). (In brief, I: 1) removed the "Office Test Drive"; 2) installed Office/98; 3) installed Office v.X.) All went well until I tried to launch Office v.X for the first time. When it came to the screen where I was to browse for the "qualifying old version" so that Office could verify that I was a valid upgra...

More Rules Problems
"There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized. The operation failed. An object could not be found." My users are getting this error every time they open Outlook 2003. I am running Exchange 2003, and the Information store used was backed up from another server with a different name. I have applied the hotfix from kb 840007, and although it helped, we still get these errors, and are unable to create new rules on the server. Does anyone know if I can remove the rules from the server and start clean? How would I go about...

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

Entity XSD schemas are invalid
Hi, As part of doing a custom integration using BizTalk 2004, we need to do mappings between MS CRM and other applications. However the xsd's provided with the SDK and the stored procedures generating them are/produce invalid (non-w3c compliant) xsd. It might be an idea for someone in the MS CRM dev group to go over these xsd's with a validator and fix the incorrect sections, including th generating stored procedures so updated schemas can be made available for integration purposes. Best Regards Thomas Scheelhardt I have found the majority of examples in the SDK are incorrect an...

LIne chart problem
I'm trying to set up a simple supply and demand chart in Excel 2007. I've done this many times with past versions but can't get this to work in 2007. Basically I want the price of the product on the y-axis (can't MS call it that, please?) then supply to run upward with the number of products on the x-axis and demand to run downward. I can't get the price on the y-axis no matter what I try. I've looked everywhere online, but switch row/column and using a secondary axis don't work. This should be so simple. Argh! -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Fru...

Ignoring Elements in XSD
How do I write a schema that is only validating elements: 1,4,7,8,9 and ignores every other element? I also need to not to care about the order of the elements or how many are in between elements that I am trying to validate. XML: <root> <element1 /> <element2 /> <element3 /> <element4 /> <element5 /> <element6 /> <element7 /> <element8 /> <element9 /> </root> XSD: <xs:element name="root"> <xs:complexType> ...

C:\Programfiles(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe
I am having trouble with little white boxes containing red x's. I suddenly cannot see any pictures when I use the print screen. I get to word and paste and a blank box comes up. I have reinstalled checked for viruses etc... Sometimes when I log off it says "You are missing a component." C:\Programfiles (86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe I am going crazy as I need this to work. I am also having trouble with websites and little white boxes with red x's. I cannot download the flash player whereas before I did not have this problem. Any help would b...

Problem with "=rand()"
I wrote if staements for a random number generator, yet they dont work with the random number generator. All I am trying to do is make sure two of the same numbers do not show up. Without the rand. the formulas work fine. HELP!!!! -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469176 post your formulas so they can be evaluated. what is the expected result? what are you getting as a resul...

SystemMenu having problems with MSLU in Windows 98
Hi, The following code changes the look and feel of Menu Items in my application. I mean they are OwnerDraw Menuitems, where I am customizing the look and feel of the MenuItems. It works fine with all menus across all the flavors of windows (Win98 onwards). But, not with the SystemMenu that also only on Windows 98 environment. Of all the menu items that should appear there, "only "Size" and "Move" appear properly. Others, "Restore", "Maximize", "Minimize" and "Close" dont appear at all, however a "" string appears, th...

Deleted account problems
Hi, I have deleted a pop3 account in my MS outlook 2003 because it had problems receivng mails. As i used to download headers first now there are lots of headers in my inbox which nor are deletable neither downloadable not even possible to be moved to another folder. Could anyone tell me what i should do? rgds, eqbal -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ ...

Annyone please, problem with header.
When I open Excel 2000, instead of having letters across the top, I get numbers. Is there any way to change this? Fred Tools/options/general and uncheck R1C1 reference styl -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27309 ...

MIDL.exe , where is it stored in VC7 ?
Hi, What is the path of MIDL in VC7 Thanks, sandSpiderX Hallo sandSpider! > What is the path of MIDL in VC7 Here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\Bin -- Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD "In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them." FAQ : http://www.mpdvc.de Samples: http://www.codeguru.com http://www.codeproject.com Hi Martin, Thanks a lot... ...

can't repair my PST file with scanpst.exe
Hi, I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2 GB of data and i am try to repair with Scanpst.exe but it says the error that the file is too large and unable to repair the PST. Please help me to get off this problem. Thanks in Advance. Balaji.k See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm "balaji" <balajek_hwe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eg0zfjcIGHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > > I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2 > GB of data an...

Newprof.exe
I have an issue when using Outlook 2002. When I sign on to my laptop (using Domain credentials) I get an error from outlook about the profile generator. In the Event Viewer, I see the following: Description: Faulting application newprof.exe, version 5.5.3121.0, faulting module ntdll.dll. version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x0000b2ab I have tried multiple uninstall/reinstalls and mulitple "Detect and repair" with no effect. ...

GAL Problem!
Hi, I'm running MS Exchange Server 2003 with SP2, on client when I pressed send received button its shows following error under "Errors" Tab. Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation faild. An object could not be found.' Clients are able to send and received e-mail properly but GAL are also not populated completely only default GAL displayed. Please let me know how can I resolve this issue Naseem Hey Naseem, Quickly, Try to add an another user profile in the Outlook and try to resolv the new user. If it works fine, t...