xsd.exe ExtendedProperties

I've been using xsd.exe to generate typed datasets (.cs) from XML
schemas (.xsd) but have been encountering a problem with the extended
properties.

1) I added the following to the opening <xs:schema> tag in my .xsd:
    xmlns:msprop='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msprop'

2) Then, I added the following to my <xs:element> tag(s):
    msprop:propname="propdata"

Whether I do the above or not, the generated typed dataset is the
same. (It has no extended properties.) I am expecting the outputted
..cs file to contain a line like:

    ds.ExtendedProperties.Add("propname", "propdata");

But it's nowhere to be found.

Last year, there were a few posts about this saying how it was a
confirmed MS bug, but I'm wondering if it's been fixed:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=fd1d8640.0202111442.47bf47b%40posting.google.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Dfd1d8640.0202111442.47bf47b%2540posting.google.com

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=afea6c%242sts%241%40news.kiev.sovam.com&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dxsd%2BExtendedProperties%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Dafea6c%25242sts%25241%2540news.kiev.sovam.com%26rnum%3D5

This is the version of the framework I'm running (which comes with the
xsd.exe utility):
    [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 1.1.4322.573]

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Again fishy wrapping.

========

No data, no information, just garbage

and use of electricity.

<dotnet_007@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've been using xsd.exe to generate typed datasets (.cs) from XML
> schemas (.xsd) but have been encountering a problem with the extended
> properties.
>
> 1) I added the following to the opening <xs:schema> tag in my .xsd:
>     xmlns:msprop='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msprop'
>
> 2) Then, I added the following to my <xs:element> tag(s):
>     msprop:propname="propdata"
>
> Whether I do the above or not, the generated typed dataset is the
> same. (It has no extended properties.) I am expecting the outputted
> .cs file to contain a line like:
>
>     ds.ExtendedProperties.Add("propname", "propdata");
>
> But it's nowhere to be found.
>
> Last year, there were a few posts about this saying how it was a
> confirmed MS bug, but I'm wondering if it's been fixed:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=fd1d8640.0202111442.47bf47b%40posting.google.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Dfd1d8640.0202111442.47bf47b%2540posting.google.com

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=afea6c%242sts%241%40news.kiev.sovam.com&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dxsd%2BExtendedProperties%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Dafea6c%25242sts%25241%2540news.kiev.sovam.com%26rnum%3D5

> This is the version of the framework I'm running (which comes with the
> xsd.exe utility):
>     [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 1.1.4322.573]
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

0
nospam4856 (26)

trouble validating against xsd

Mapisp32.exe
When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang. Office 97 in running on windows XP using internet mail. Any help would be much appreciated aidan wrote: > When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on > the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang. Office 97 in running on > windows XP using internet mail. > > Any help would be much appreciated Not sure if this will help, but see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/imep.htm Also note - OL97 is old, unsupported, and was buggy at rele...

About XSD Parser
Hello, I have a XSD file which has the following format: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" targetNamespace="http://www.w3schools.com" xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:element name="note"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="to" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="from" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="heading&q...

Entity XSD schemas are invalid
Hi, As part of doing a custom integration using BizTalk 2004, we need to do mappings between MS CRM and other applications. However the xsd's provided with the SDK and the stored procedures generating them are/produce invalid (non-w3c compliant) xsd. It might be an idea for someone in the MS CRM dev group to go over these xsd's with a validator and fix the incorrect sections, including th generating stored procedures so updated schemas can be made available for integration purposes. Best Regards Thomas Scheelhardt I have found the majority of examples in the SDK are incorrect an...

Ignoring Elements in XSD
How do I write a schema that is only validating elements: 1,4,7,8,9 and ignores every other element? I also need to not to care about the order of the elements or how many are in between elements that I am trying to validate. XML: <root> <element1 /> <element2 /> <element3 /> <element4 /> <element5 /> <element6 /> <element7 /> <element8 /> <element9 /> </root> XSD: <xs:element name="root"> <xs:complexType> ...

C:\Programfiles(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe
I am having trouble with little white boxes containing red x's. I suddenly cannot see any pictures when I use the print screen. I get to word and paste and a blank box comes up. I have reinstalled checked for viruses etc... Sometimes when I log off it says "You are missing a component." C:\Programfiles (86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe I am going crazy as I need this to work. I am also having trouble with websites and little white boxes with red x's. I cannot download the flash player whereas before I did not have this problem. Any help would b...

can't repair my PST file with scanpst.exe
Hi, I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2 GB of data and i am try to repair with Scanpst.exe but it says the error that the file is too large and unable to repair the PST. Please help me to get off this problem. Thanks in Advance. Balaji.k See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm "balaji" <balajek_hwe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eg0zfjcIGHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > > I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2 > GB of data an...

Newprof.exe
I have an issue when using Outlook 2002. When I sign on to my laptop (using Domain credentials) I get an error from outlook about the profile generator. In the Event Viewer, I see the following: Description: Faulting application newprof.exe, version 5.5.3121.0, faulting module ntdll.dll. version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x0000b2ab I have tried multiple uninstall/reinstalls and mulitple "Detect and repair" with no effect. ...

MIDL.exe , where is it stored in VC7 ?
Hi, What is the path of MIDL in VC7 Thanks, sandSpiderX Hallo sandSpider! > What is the path of MIDL in VC7 Here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\Bin -- Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD "In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them." FAQ : http://www.mpdvc.de Samples: http://www.codeguru.com http://www.codeproject.com Hi Martin, Thanks a lot... ...

Can I save application as .exe file
I have created several successful Access applications in the past. I need an application that can be maintained on several different computers which may not all have MS Office installed. Can I put the complete database on a CD so different people can update the data? I guess that this means the application would have to be a .exe file and maybe use CD-RW CDs so it can be written to on different computers. Really Gone There's never been an ability to create an executable from an Access database, and I wouldn't expect there ever to be such a capability. Take a look a...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

Problems with XML, XSD, Web, Services & InfoPath
Hi all, Have been playing about with web services but unable to achieve what I am wanting and in attempts finding strange problems. I have created a web service for retrieving customer data and for updating the data using datasets. I have created a XML schema. I decided to use InfoPath for testing things out. Works great for getting the data. The data table on SQL Server 2000 allows nulls. If I was to change this I would have to split my customers into 2 tables. The table allows customer details to be stored as an individual or organisation. As a result some fields don't require ...

outlook.exe problem
I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this problem out. When I open outlook it will remain open for about 5 minutes before it goes to this window. "Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed down by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log has been created." Once this happens outlook shuts down. I have attempted to run a command in run mode that eliminates the preview pane and many other features, this is called "safe" from what I read. I need full functionality of this program and am having a hard time not being able to...

Dynamics.exe error
I get this program error on the clinets when a client tries to logon to Great Plains. We are going to go live in july with version 7.5. and this is the errorI get "dynamics.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. Can anyone help me with this problem!! Thanks E Repost to microsoft.public.greatplains Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 12 May 2004 07:31:02 -0700, "Edward Perrier" <eperrier@birosaw.com> wrote: I get this program error on the clinets w...

Error messages produced by vc .exe: win32 error 11
Hello and thanks for helping. I have been developing a program on a win98 computer but then switched to a w2k computer for a while. Now I have to go back to the win98 computer and support the program on other win98 computers. Problem is, when I reinstalled VC++, cleaned then rebuilt all, then executed, the following 2 dialog boxes appeared: 1)"Error starting program" "Program appears to be corrupt" 2) "Microsoft Visual C++" "Incorrect format (win32 error 11)" this same project, when compiled for win98 3 months ago, worked fine. This same project...

suppressing xsd namespace declarations with XmlSerialize?
Hi... I'm just starting to play around with xml serialization. Is there any way to suppress the xsd and xsi declarations in the resulting xml? It doesn't appear that they're used but they come out anyway. Thanks -Mark Hi Mark, We need to perform more research on this issue . We will reply here as soon as possible. If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post here. Thanks for your understanding! Best regards, Wen Yuan Hi Mark, Thanks for your wait. If you don��t need xsi and xsd declaration with xml serialization, you can use XmlSerializerNamesp...

Validating XML against XSD where XSD has includes
I have 2 Xsd's The one contains basic type definitions <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:simpleType name="TrueFalse"> <xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN"> <xs:enumeration value="true"/> <xs:enumeration value="false"/> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> </xs:schema> The other includes the previous XSD so th...

XSD #2
I have an XML that when I try to create an xsd schema for it it would error out and say something about duplicate keys. Does that mean that the XML is bad? Thanks How are you trying to create a schema for it? Are you using http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdinference/ -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. <john88m@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eCcFyFK1DHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have an XML that when I try to create an xsd schema for it it would error > out and say something about duplicate keys. Does that me...

Application exe name and path?
How can I get application path + .exe name? Example: CString cAppName = theApp->ExeName; //cAppName == "c:\projects\my_app.exe" Thank you. "Oliver Young" <none> wrote: > > How can I get application path + .exe name? Look up GetModuleFileName() -- Tim Slattery MS MVP(DTS) Slattery_T@bls.gov Actually, I think the answer you were looking for is to look up AfxGetAppName(). GetModuleFileName() requires a module handle, and is aimed at DLL support (I've never even used it for EXEs, and have no idea if it would even work). >-----Origin...

Distinguish 32bit and 64bit binaries (exe,dll) ?
Hello, How do I know if binary file I have is compiled for x86-32 or x86-64 ? For example some file from windows os binaries. I have visual studio by the way - if tools are needed. thanks Vilius Hi Vilius! > How do I know if binary file I have is compiled for x86-32 or x86-64 ? > For example some file from windows os binaries. > > I have visual studio by the way - if tools are needed. www.dependecywalker.com But an other question: WHY do you need to know it? Normally you don't need to know it... -- Greetings Jochen My blog about ...

TpScrex.exe
While looking through the the list under C:/Program Files, I noticed a folder called TpScrex. I have no idea where this came from or what it does. My computer is home built and I don't recall installing it. Can anyone give me more information on what this thing is and if it's OK to uninstall it? Thanks. Google gave me this: http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/tpscrex/ In short, it appears to be a diagnostic utility for a ThinkPad... If this is not your type of system, I'd run a scan for malware.... "Jackpine" <Jackpine@discussions.microsof...

Money.exe process
So, I checked out the FAQ's but I still have the Money.exe process issue where I have to Kill it to restart Money. Any other updates to fixing it? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Andrew I noticed through the use of a program called Active Ports that Money.exe will remain running long after the program is closed as long as there are still ports open that are associated with M...

XML/XSD: Show available attribute values from XSD in Intellisense
Hi: I want to limit the values that can be entered for particular attributes. 1) I have created an XSD from my XML document. 2) I dropped that XSD file into the following directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Packages\schemas\xml 3) When I use VS.NET to create a new XML document, I do get the intellisense working (all attributes and elements show up). However, I want the intellisense also show the list of possible values that can be used for particular attributes. How do I do this? Thanks, Don I dont think intellisense would perform this for you. You ...

apply in-memory .xsd schema to updategram
Below I'm generating an updategram via xslt and currently referencing schema via <updg:sync mapping-schema="hpXSD.xsd"> .... </updg:sync> But I would like to LOAD the .xsd schema into memory and APPLY to the updategram in memory. Tried using XmlValidatingReader but couldn't get it to work. Thanks Dim xmlPath As String = "xml/hpXML.xml" Dim xsltPath As String = "xml/hpXSLT.xslt" Dim xsdPath As String = "xml/hpXSD.xsd" '(1) XML object Dim xmlDoc As XmlDocument = New XmlDocument xmlDoc.Load(xmlPath) Dim root As XmlElement = xml...

How to get shortcuts file(*.LNK) to application(*.EXE) files only?
I use Visual C++ 4.2. I am developing an application which will collect all shortcuts file name ONLY without the extension into a text file. So if the path is : C:\Windows\ABC.lnk the the application will only take ABC. There is an exception of: VALID shortcut files which going to be collected are ALL shortcut files(*.lnk) to an application(*.exe) ONLY, NOT shortcut files to FOLDERS / other files. I have successful in collecting all *.lnk files thus creating the text file which contain the shortcuts names but they also include shortcut to FOLDER and other files, I haven't filte...