xsd.exe errors with schemas importing other schemas

Hi,

I am working with XSD.exe vs.net command line util. I have an XSD that I am trying to use to generate classes with. However, the XSD references another schema and the XSD.exe is having trouble finding the referenced schema. Does anyone have an example of what the command line params would be so that the tool is aware of all schemas? Does the tool have trouble with the XSD lines:

xmlns:r="somewhere.files.referencedxsd"

<xs:import schemaLocation=".\referencedxsd.xsd" namespace="somewhere.files.referencedxsd" />

<xs:element ref="r:ReferencedRootNode"/>

The above lines are used for the reference to the referenced XSD, and the tool gives me the following error:

"Error: Error generating classes . . . The element somewhere.files.referencedxsd:ReferencedRootNode is missing"

Any ideas or help? Much appreciated.

Mike

___
Newsgroups brought to you courtesy of www.dotnetjohn.com
0
msavoy (1)

the schemaLocation is a hint, according to W3C.
xsd.exe does not use this hint.

You have to pass in the xsd file on the command line of xsd.

eg,

xsd.exe   myschema.xsd referencedSchema.xsd

-Dino

"Mike" <msavoy@ioniasolutions.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am working with XSD.exe vs.net command line util. I have an XSD that I
am trying to use to generate classes with. However, the XSD references
another schema and the XSD.exe is having trouble finding the referenced
schema. Does anyone have an example of what the command line params would be
so that the tool is aware of all schemas? Does the tool have trouble with
the XSD lines:

> xmlns:r="somewhere.files.referencedxsd"
>
> <xs:import schemaLocation=".\referencedxsd.xsd"
namespace="somewhere.files.referencedxsd" />

> <xs:element ref="r:ReferencedRootNode"/>
>
> The above lines are used for the reference to the referenced XSD, and the
tool gives me the following error:

> "Error: Error generating classes . . . The element
somewhere.files.referencedxsd:ReferencedRootNode is missing"

> Any ideas or help? Much appreciated.
>
> Mike
>

> ___
> Newsgroups brought to you courtesy of www.dotnetjohn.com

0
dinoch1 (221)

importing into Excel from Works?
I've been sent a .wdb file that was made in MS Works. I can't open it in any program. Is there a way to import this into Excel, Word or Access, or something? I just need to get at the data; don't really care what format it's in. Thanks!!! Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/converter/wkscnvxls_e.htm Text from the...

Error loading CRM in Outlook Client & IE thru VPN
For some odd reason, I can't seem to load CRM at all when I'm on the VPN. When I try to use the web client, it says the page cannot be displayed. And when I'm in Outlook, I get the following errors: 1.There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server.The server might be unavailable. Try again later.If the problem persists,contact system administrator. 2. An error occured loading CRM functionality,try restarting outlook. Contact your system administrator if the problem persists. I'm on Outlook 2007 with the VC3 Desktop client, and my computer is a member o...

Check Link error: Unhandled Script Exception: Object has no refere
Hi, We run check link on PO module and encountered the following error "Unhandled Script Exception: Object has no reference. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM SCRIPT_CMD_DEFEF_TABLE". This error message keep on popup on the screen when we click on the OK button, end up we to terminate the check link process. Please advice. Cheers. ...

trouble validating against xsd

Mapisp32.exe
When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang. Office 97 in running on windows XP using internet mail. Any help would be much appreciated aidan wrote: > When doing send and receive in outlook 97 Mapisp32 goes up to 99% on > the cpu usage and outlook appears to hang. Office 97 in running on > windows XP using internet mail. > > Any help would be much appreciated Not sure if this will help, but see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/imep.htm Also note - OL97 is old, unsupported, and was buggy at rele...

Error opening email.
After installing office 2003, everything was great, untill I had to close and re-open outlook. now, everytime I try to open an email, it says something to effect of that there is not enough memory, close someother programs and try again. This is after a fresh reboot, no programs running, and 1 gig of memory on the box...Please advise! ...

QIF Import
Howdy, If I use an online banking system from my local bank and they offer a generic QIF export of informatino for MS Money, does Money (Small BUsiness 2004) have anything built in that will check for duplicate transactions and such so I don't get screwed up information? The bank my Personal accoutns are in has some sort of "Smart Download" that spits our an OFX file which works great. But if you just use a plain old QIF file (like the bank my Business accounts may get moved to), does it have checking like that? Basically if my export defaults to the last 30 days of informati...

About XSD Parser
Hello, I have a XSD file which has the following format: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" targetNamespace="http://www.w3schools.com" xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:element name="note"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="to" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="from" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="heading&q...

POP3 connector errors
Hello, I have regularly errors because a too last longing response of the POP server. Is there a way to increase any time-out that would minimise this problem. Thanks for any info, Jean-Jacques ...

Importing contacts and e-mail from Entourage to outlook
Hello, Does anyone know how to import e-mail and contacts etc from Entourage into Outlook? Just want to import stuff from work (which is all Mac) to home (on a PC) and I'm hoping that there is a way cos I don't want to loose it all! Thanks for your help. Ak I've been trying to export from my Mac to my Palm and then from the Palm to my PC... So far it hasn't worked. ...

SFO Error when adding account/contact
Hi - I've recently added a new user to our CRM system and she is using SFO. When she creates and saves a new contact or account she gets the general message "an error occored, please contact your system administrator" Here is the error message from the client's machine Event Viewer: Source: Microsoft CRM Category: None Event ID: 2 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator...

Syntax error 3075 missing operator
Hi all! I get "error 3075 Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression '[InvNum]81441." (81441 is the invoice number being acted upon.) DoCmd.OpenForm "2frmDELabor", , , "[InvNum]" & Me![InvNum], acFormEdit 1. InvNum is a number field, long integer. 2. The command is attached to a button on [2frmDEInvoice]. 3. [2frmDELabor] is a parent form to [2frmDELaborRP1]. 4. [2frmDELaborRP1] is named LaborRP1 5. LaborRP1 is linked to parent via [InvNum]. Is there something about the subform? Am I not calling it correctly? I would gratefully accept ...

Import data from MAS 90
I have two worksheets 1) Data Summary 2) EC_GrossHours Data Summary sheet contains SS#, Name, etc... EC_GrossHours that contais SSN and other empolyee payroll data imported from MAS 90. Is there a way to format the record that gets imported into excel from Microsoft Query. All my social security numbers get imported as text (I think) and I have to copy an empty cell and paste special|add to get the my VLOOKUP function (See below on Data Summary Worksheet)to work correctly. =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,EC_GrossHoursLookup,8,0)),0,VLOOKUP(A2,EC_GrossHoursLookup,8,0)) A2 = SSN formatted as text EC_Gro...

Entity XSD schemas are invalid
Hi, As part of doing a custom integration using BizTalk 2004, we need to do mappings between MS CRM and other applications. However the xsd's provided with the SDK and the stored procedures generating them are/produce invalid (non-w3c compliant) xsd. It might be an idea for someone in the MS CRM dev group to go over these xsd's with a validator and fix the incorrect sections, including th generating stored procedures so updated schemas can be made available for integration purposes. Best Regards Thomas Scheelhardt I have found the majority of examples in the SDK are incorrect an...

Ignoring Elements in XSD
How do I write a schema that is only validating elements: 1,4,7,8,9 and ignores every other element? I also need to not to care about the order of the elements or how many are in between elements that I am trying to validate. XML: <root> <element1 /> <element2 /> <element3 /> <element4 /> <element5 /> <element6 /> <element7 /> <element8 /> <element9 /> </root> XSD: <xs:element name="root"> <xs:complexType> ...

Reports Error #2
When I try to run a report in CRM 1.2 I get the error below. Can anyone narrow down exactly what what might be causing it? Aaron Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 11/13/2004 Time: 3:04:06 AM User: N/A Computer: WIN2K3CRM01 Description: MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and whe...

C:\Programfiles(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe
I am having trouble with little white boxes containing red x's. I suddenly cannot see any pictures when I use the print screen. I get to word and paste and a blank box comes up. I have reinstalled checked for viruses etc... Sometimes when I log off it says "You are missing a component." C:\Programfiles (86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe I am going crazy as I need this to work. I am also having trouble with websites and little white boxes with red x's. I cannot download the flash player whereas before I did not have this problem. Any help would b...

MIDL.exe , where is it stored in VC7 ?
Hi, What is the path of MIDL in VC7 Thanks, sandSpiderX Hallo sandSpider! > What is the path of MIDL in VC7 Here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\Bin -- Martin Richter [MVP] WWJD "In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them." FAQ : http://www.mpdvc.de Samples: http://www.codeguru.com http://www.codeproject.com Hi Martin, Thanks a lot... ...

can't repair my PST file with scanpst.exe
Hi, I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2 GB of data and i am try to repair with Scanpst.exe but it says the error that the file is too large and unable to repair the PST. Please help me to get off this problem. Thanks in Advance. Balaji.k See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm "balaji" <balajek_hwe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eg0zfjcIGHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > > I am using outlook 2003, and my outlook have some problem its having 2 > GB of data an...

Newprof.exe
I have an issue when using Outlook 2002. When I sign on to my laptop (using Domain credentials) I get an error from outlook about the profile generator. In the Event Viewer, I see the following: Description: Faulting application newprof.exe, version 5.5.3121.0, faulting module ntdll.dll. version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x0000b2ab I have tried multiple uninstall/reinstalls and mulitple "Detect and repair" with no effect. ...

Outlook 2000 Error Message #4
When I attempt to open my inbox I get the following error message. Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The Exchange Server has detected that you are using an old copy of your OST file. Please delete your OST file and create a new one from the server. Do a search on your C:\ drive for *.ost, rename outlook.ost to outlook.001. When you open Outlook, a new *.ost file will be created. >-----Original Message----- >When I attempt to open my inbox I get the following error >message. >Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not >...

Blank Distribution Accounts
Hi! Was wondering if any of you came across this problem in GP. Have a client who was able to post transactions from AP with NO account distributions. The system did not give them any errors in the subledger. When they tried to post the batches in GL, that's when they received errors about the missing distribution accounts. When they drill back on the AP transactions, the amounts are there but the accounts are all blank. Any ideas? The client is on GP 7.5. Thanks Marisol ...

Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error.
I am trying to run a pretty simple select query in Access 2007, and I keep getting the error message "Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error." There are no linked tables in the database - the design of the database is very simple. I should also note that I ran the "compact and repair database" tool and I am still getting the same error message. I don't think I'm using any reserved words...Here is the SQL: SELECT E_CURRENT_DATA.Prefix, E_CURRENT_DATA.LastName, E_CURRENT_DATA.FirstName, E_CURRENT_DATA.Address, E_CURRENT_DATA.City, E_CURRENT_DATA...

Sa Login Error
Dear All, Recently on our test machine the password for sa was rest in the db. Now when I am trying to connect to my CRM application it is giving me an error, which in event viewer is : --------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: RLSERVICE Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 6/22/2008 Time: 11:47:46 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER02 Description: Start: Login failed for user 'sa'. ----------- How can this be resolved? ...

MScrm COMException error
Hi, I am new to MScrm and some error accured. situation: win2003 server -ok\up sql 2000 -ok\up sql Analysis Services -ok\up msCRM 1.2 installed from domain admin account - no errors problem: http://localhost/ or machine name [or from other computer on LAN] error--> Server Error in '/' Application. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: S...