XSD - custom type question

Hi,
Is it possible to have a custom type in an xsd that accepts a valid
DateTime (or integer/double/float/etc.) value or a value of "null"?  I
am looking to define a datatype for a nullable field that allows the
client to provide a valid value or let us know that they want to null
out that field. Can this be done? I have been looking at trying to do
this within an <xsd:restriction> tag in an <xsd:simpleType> element

Much thanks in advance.

0
bzaino (1)

trouble validating against xsd

Document Type in IV30300
I saw the value of Document Type in IV30300 is 1, 2, 3, or 4. What they stand for? Thanks. stien 1 - Inventory Adjustment 2 - Variance 3 - Inventory Transfer 4 - Purchase Receipt 5 - Returns 6 - Invoices -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "stien" wrote: > I saw the value of Document Type in IV30300 is 1, 2, 3, or 4. > What they stand for? Thanks. > > stien Hi Dukester, Thanks for the info. Can I find these info in GP help file or Microsoft website? stien "Dukester" wrote: > 1 - Inventory Adjustment > 2 - Variance > 3...

after vacation most subscription type emails no longer come in
ike so many of us - I have usually been overwhelmed with spam,junk and sometimes email lists I have signed up for. It has not been unheard of for me to get over 100 emails after a one days absence of checking email. Just returned from a 9 day vacation and was surprised to find only a handful of emails. Test emails to myself come through just fine. Had my husband as well as a friend send me test emails and they came through ok too. But since our return I have onlly had one or two ad emails from amazon and that sort of thing. Im not really minding the lack of spam etc - but this is ...

Javascript question
I received an e-mail with an attachment that requires I 'enable javascript in my browser settings'. I don't know in which browser settings I would find that. "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote: >I received an e-mail with an attachment that requires I 'enable javascript >in my browser settings'. I don't know in which browser settings I would >find that. Whichever is your default browser, I suppose. On the other hand, since it's an email, it may be talking about your email client. Browsers all (I think) have Ja...

About XSD Parser
Hello, I have a XSD file which has the following format: <?xml version="1.0"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" targetNamespace="http://www.w3schools.com" xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:element name="note"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="to" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="from" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="heading&q...

two more questions
Can I lock some columns on a sheet so they are not editable ? And I am new to excel and needed to calc several fields from different worksheets onto one "totals" worksheet. How do I do this? Thanks over and over again : ) Mary, by default all cells in excel are locked, if you only need a few locked I would select them all first, Ctrl A, then go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, then select the cells or columns you want to lock and go to format cells and check locked, the go to tools, protection, and protect sheet, enter a password if you want, now the cells that ar...

Question About Extension DLL
Project X uses an extension dll. If I find a bug in the extension dll, fix and re-build it, do I have to re-link the main project with the new .lib in order for it to work correctly or can I simply distribute the new .dll and it will work fine with with old .exe? Luke If all your did was change the code, and the interface is the same, you can just redistribute the code. If you changed the .h file, you have potential compatibility problems. But if you only changed a .cpp file, or an internal .h file never seen by your clients, you should be safe. joe \On Wed, 26 May 2004 06:46:20 -0400,...

Exchange 2007 setup question
Hello all My company just spent a grip of money on a SAN from HP and two HP 64 AMD servers that are for Exchange 2007. We support around 300 users. One of the admins wants to setup the two HP 64 bit servers as a cluster, and normally i would think this would be a good decsion, but because Exchange 2007 has 5 seperate roles now, is it wise to setup 4 of the roles on the cluster? Example would be the mailbox hub transport, UM, and CA would be isntalled on the cluster. Each of the HP servers are Dual opteron 280s with 9 gigs of RAM, so this should be enough juice to support 300 users. ...

A few DDX questions
Hi, I am thinking of using DDX. I understand that it is all-or-nothing affair in this sense you call UpdateData(BOOL bUpdateDirection) when all the controls need refreshing from various member variables or the various member variables are updated from the controls. (i) What happens if one or more of the controls are disabled? Does DDX still work for the disabled control? (ii) I have a simple dropdown list combo box. Depending on the current choice, various controls on the dialog box are enabled/disabled. The same is true for various other controls. Under these circumstances, is using DDX o...

Pivot Charts
Hi all, I'd like my pivot chart to do 2 things: 1) If I select an item from one of my page field dropdowns, I'd like the dropdown items on another page field to filter according to what was selected. Example: if the first page field is "Teams" and I choose a team from the list, I want the other page field "Players" to offer only the players from that team. Possible? 2) I used the macro recorder to automatically replace one data item in the pivot chart with another. Example (football): I assigned a macro to a button called "Pass Attempts", which will...

Entity XSD schemas are invalid
Hi, As part of doing a custom integration using BizTalk 2004, we need to do mappings between MS CRM and other applications. However the xsd's provided with the SDK and the stored procedures generating them are/produce invalid (non-w3c compliant) xsd. It might be an idea for someone in the MS CRM dev group to go over these xsd's with a validator and fix the incorrect sections, including th generating stored procedures so updated schemas can be made available for integration purposes. Best Regards Thomas Scheelhardt I have found the majority of examples in the SDK are incorrect an...

Ignoring Elements in XSD
How do I write a schema that is only validating elements: 1,4,7,8,9 and ignores every other element? I also need to not to care about the order of the elements or how many are in between elements that I am trying to validate. XML: <root> <element1 /> <element2 /> <element3 /> <element4 /> <element5 /> <element6 /> <element7 /> <element8 /> <element9 /> </root> XSD: <xs:element name="root"> <xs:complexType> ...

Question regarding Filtering in a protected worksheet
I have a worksheet that is all protected except columns A and B. This spreadsheet is for updating different buyers their shipping cost. I would like for the buyer to be able to update columns A & B as needed for their specific jobs (This part I got). However, the jobs are listed by date and cost and there are over 1000 different jobs on the spreadsheet. The buyers need to be able to filter by their name so they can see their jobs only. Is it possible to filter on the two unprotected columns? or on all of the columns while the spreadsheet is protected? Thanks! Kris Hi see: http://ww...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

Easy Function Question
I'm new to the excel functions but here is what i am trying to do. I am taking a total (sum) from two cells and would like to round the number up. how do i do that The formula i have right now is =SUM(K12,M12),ROUNDUP(J13,0) But excel will not let me do this, the actual cell this is all taking place in is J13. So i want the total of K12 and M12 (let's say it is 12.2) then i want to round it up to only 12. Please email me if you are able to help! thanx! ...

Sub-Totals Question
Using the sub-totals feature in Excel the category being subtotaled is highlighted in bold but the subtotals themselves are not highlighted. Is there a way to format these items either using excel "as is" or with some simple code? Thanks, Andrew. Use the outlining symbols to the left to show just what you want to format (hide those details). Now select the range to format edit|goto|special|visible cells only and format the way you like. You could record a macro if you want the code. Andrew Mackenzie wrote: > > Using the sub-totals feature in Excel the category being s...

suppressing xsd namespace declarations with XmlSerialize?
Hi... I'm just starting to play around with xml serialization. Is there any way to suppress the xsd and xsi declarations in the resulting xml? It doesn't appear that they're used but they come out anyway. Thanks -Mark Hi Mark, We need to perform more research on this issue . We will reply here as soon as possible. If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post here. Thanks for your understanding! Best regards, Wen Yuan Hi Mark, Thanks for your wait. If you don��t need xsi and xsd declaration with xml serialization, you can use XmlSerializerNamesp...

data type equivalent to double
Please suggest me what kind of data type can I use in SQLServer that supports numbers whith two decimal digits. Thanks LAM LAM wrote: > > Please suggest me what kind of data type can I use in SQLServer that > supports numbers whith two decimal digits. > > Thanks > > LAM There is more than one option, but my first choice would be to use decimal. For example decimal(12,2). You can check Books Online for more details. -- Gert-Jan ...

Correct Timesheet Billing Type
We have several posted timesheets that the bill type is STD and should be No Bill. These timesheets keep pulling into our Pre-Bill report so how do we fix this. Thanks! ...

CRM Langauge question
Is this product also avaliable in the Dutch language? So people who can't understand english can also work with the program. So i wnat to nkow if the program is also available in a full dutch version Arjen Arjen, There is a full dutch version available.The current version (3.0) does not support multi lingual Stephen "arjen1984" <arjen1984@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77B65569-5EC5-4576-8A27-8D4E524548EA@microsoft.com... > Is this product also avaliable in the Dutch language? > So people who can't understand english can also work with th...

HTML QUESTION
IN THE HTML SCREEN WHEN I SELECTED A CUSTOMER THERE ACCOUNT BALANCE USED TO SHOW UP WHEN I UPGRADED TO 2.0 IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ANYMORE AND I DO NOT KNOW THE NAME OF THE FILE IT WAS UNDER ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO FIND IT? ...

CString question #4
Hello, I have just one little question : if I use the followig code CString mystring; mystring = "HELLO"; myeditbox.SetWindowText(mystring.GetBuffer(0)); do I need, after that, to free or release the mystring variable, or can I use GetBuffer(0) just like this with nothing else ? Thanks. -- LA FINALITE DYNAMISE LES RESULTATS THEMATIQUES DES BENEFICIAIRES You do not need to call GetBuffer. Just do :- CString mystring = "HELLO"; myeditbox.SetWindowText(mystring); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "ByB" <em...

Problems with XML, XSD, Web, Services & InfoPath
Hi all, Have been playing about with web services but unable to achieve what I am wanting and in attempts finding strange problems. I have created a web service for retrieving customer data and for updating the data using datasets. I have created a XML schema. I decided to use InfoPath for testing things out. Works great for getting the data. The data table on SQL Server 2000 allows nulls. If I was to change this I would have to split my customers into 2 tables. The table allows customer details to be stored as an individual or organisation. As a result some fields don't require ...

Validating XML against XSD where XSD has includes
I have 2 Xsd's The one contains basic type definitions <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:simpleType name="TrueFalse"> <xs:restriction base="xs:NMTOKEN"> <xs:enumeration value="true"/> <xs:enumeration value="false"/> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> </xs:schema> The other includes the previous XSD so th...

Type DataSet ReadXml problem
I have a typed dataset that was created with xsd tool from a schema. When I try to load an xml file into the dataset I get a constraint error. The error is cause by the very first attribute on the opening element of the document. This element is required so there is a not null constraint in the data set, as there should be. The problem is, the attribute is not null in the document. It has an integer value like the schema says it should. <element requiredattribute="1" anotherattribute="" anotherattribute1="50"><element attribute=""/><!-- b...