XQuery Support

Is it possible to use XQuery 1.0 in a Windows Forms application to read XML
data from local XML document files?

I found a help article referencing an XQueryCommand class and a
System.Xml.Query namespace but I can't find any other support or
documentation for either of these.

0
jb9295 (1)

Jim Buchanan wrote:
> Is it possible to use XQuery 1.0 in a Windows Forms application to read XML
> data from local XML document files?
>
> I found a help article referencing an XQueryCommand class and a
> System.Xml.Query namespace but I can't find any other support or
> documentation for either of these.

The Microsoft .NET framework class library does not have XQuery support.
It has only XPath and XSLT 1.0 support.
However there is Saxon for .NET, an implementation of XPath and XSLT 2.0
and XQuery 1.0: <URL:http://saxon.sourceforge.net/>. So you can use
XQuery 1.0 with .NET, only you need to install Saxon first.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

XPath 2.0 & XQuery 1.0
Hi .NET XML fans, does anyone know ad hoc whether support for the above standards is planned for .NET 2.0? I suppose this would be extremely valuable for many folks... Thanks, Phil Philipp Schumann wrote: > does anyone know ad hoc whether support for the above standards is planned > for .NET 2.0? As neither XPath 2.0 nor XQuery 1.0 will be a W3C recommendation while ..NET 2.0 is developed and shipped I think a decision has been made not to have XQuery 1.0 support in the .NET 2.0 SDK. <http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/xquerystatus/default.aspx> Some XQuery support is p...

sdio support in windows ce 5.0
Hi Expert, I have one doubt regarding sdio support in windows ce 5.0.Which type of sdio specification is support in windows ce 5.0?Is it support sdio 1.1 compatible devices? If it does not support the same, any updates are available for make it supporting the sdio 1.1 compatible devices? Could anybody give a suggestion......... Regards, Annn On Dec 14, 8:37=A0am, Sreehari <anumanubhas...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Expert, > =A0 =A0 I have one doubt regarding sdio support in windows ce 5.0.Which > type of sdio specification is support in windows ce 5.0?Is it sup...

XML support
XML sorry accidentally posted unfinished message "MSNews2" <null2@null.com> wrote in message news:OqNqb#0yGHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > XML > > ...

internal support function has returned an error
I have a user that has a subfolder to her contacts folder. When she goes to create a new email, chooses the To... button, and clicks the drop down box for address lists, it shows 2 instances of the subfolder. One works and the other returns an error. "An internal support function has returned an error". That is the only place in Outlook where the subfolder appears twice (shows normally in the services and folder list) Anyone have an idea of how to delete the non-working folder in a non-drastic way.. ie... re-installing. This is Win2k / OL 2k. thx ...

xquery
if i have an xml file then how can i query it to get all elements out of it * Jaisal wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >if i have an xml file then how can i query it to get all elements out >of it There are many ways to do this, try http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/ for some basic documentation. Generally you'll have to decide which kind of API to use, like a push/pull based parser, a DOM tree, or maybe even more specific APIs that will convert XML documents to specific data objects. -- Bj�rn H�hrmann � mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de � http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de Weinh. Str. 22 � Tel...

XQuery Support
Is it possible to use XQuery 1.0 in a Windows Forms application to read XML data from local XML document files? I found a help article referencing an XQueryCommand class and a System.Xml.Query namespace but I can't find any other support or documentation for either of these. Jim Buchanan wrote: > Is it possible to use XQuery 1.0 in a Windows Forms application to read XML > data from local XML document files? > > I found a help article referencing an XQueryCommand class and a > System.Xml.Query namespace but I can't find any other support or > documentation...

Type of backup supported by Hyper-V writer.
Hi , We would like to know what types of backup HyperV writer support and there internal behavior. By Backup type I mean FULL , COPY. Regards, Kushal. On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 04:17:41 -0800 (PST), Kushal <kushalbshah@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi , > >We would like to know what types of backup HyperV writer support and >there internal behavior. >By Backup type I mean FULL , COPY. > >Regards, >Kushal. Better to ask in a Hyper-V newsgroup, not SBS... ...

Money 2005 just CUT support for 1/2 of the banks they supported!
Confirmed from tech support... nearly 70% of supported brokerages, nearly 50% of banks and credit card companies listed as being supported on the Microsoft Money 2005 website have now been removed (AS OF TODAY) from the list and never were supported, IT WAS FALSE. The brokerages I was going to use too! Money back time... "This is Allen again from Microsoft Support Services. I have just checked the online list again and noticed that both Adventist HealthCare Retirement Plan - 401k and Great-West 401k have been removed from the support list. After confirming with our Product Group, I wou...

Internal support function error #3
When I tried to send an e-mail I recieved the error message: Microsoft Office Word An internal support function returned an error. Any ideas on what I can do? ...

MFC Support in DLL's
I realize this is probably an old and often repeated question, but I have been unable to find any articles that have been able to help me. I have a DLL written in plain win32 that I want to add MFC support to. I'm having trouble with the DllMain function. I've tried just removing the entire DllMain function, yet I'm still getting the compiler error that DllMain is already defined. What Do I need to add to make my DLL support MFC? Thanks in advance, ed "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03A4326E-E360-4FAF-B6DF-31D0063DC05A@microsoft....

where does Microsoft.Xml.Xquery live?
where does Microsoft.Xml.Xquery live? where does Microsoft.Xml.Xquery live? all i can find is a copy of it in the sample project: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvsdev05/html/vs05c5.asp but would like to know where Microsoft.Xml.Xquery should be obtained. There is no such thing -- Stan Kitsis Program Manager, XML Technologies Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "D...

Unicode support
Hello, I'm trying to send an excel sheet in Franch and German threw a java application. However, special characters are displayed incorrectly. Does excel support unicode, and which type of it? Thanks. <nirpe@amdocs.com> wrote in news:db3501c3efda$82a0c870$a001280a@phx.gbl: > I'm trying to send an excel sheet in Franch and German > threw a java application. However, special characters are > displayed incorrectly. Does excel support unicode, and > which type of it? A little bit. I believe it uses UTF-16 internally. You may have to use an Asian version of E...

Tech Support
I just want to let everyone know that through this message board I have found a great Tech Support person in Jeff over at Check Point Software. His pricing is very fair, and he can work over the internet, without actually having to come to your location. I just wanted to let everyone know this in case you get stuck or have issues with RMS as I have had in the past. Not no more though...I have an awesome tech support person :) :) :) -- Thank You Vince :) What is his contact information/web address? "Vince" wrote: > I just want to let everyone know that through this me...

Money 2007 online support running out?
I just received a notice that my Money 2007 online support will soon expire so I should upgrade to continue receiving online services. This is a threat and I will not bite. I will switch to Quicken first. Can someone please clarify JC In microsoft.public.money, jcbyte wrote: >I just received a notice that my Money 2007 online support will soon expire >so I should upgrade to continue receiving online services. Email? > This is a threat >and I will not bite. I will switch to Quicken first. > >Can someone please clarify Help->About will identify what version o...

XP SP2, end of support
Microsoft will discontinue XP SP2 support in July. Damn. I have an old Pentium II machine whose Intel CPU does not support SSE type instructions. Is it possible to upgrade to SP3? I've tried but the SP3 installation does not finish. Is there any hope or info for these old machines? Thanks. On May 15, 11:43=A0am, EW <ewyattDel...@excite.com> wrote: > Microsoft will discontinue XP SP2 support in July. =A0Damn. =A0I have an = old > Pentium II machine whose Intel CPU does not support SSE type > instructions. =A0Is it possible to upgrade to SP3? =A0I've tr...

Which database support?
I don't do databases much (well, the last database work I did was about eight years ago). But one of my clients needs to understand which of the many buzz-acronyms should be used for database work. DAO has apparently been deprecated in VS7, which leaves ADO, ODBC and OLEDB as options. To me these are largely meaningless terms, but if anyone has a suggestion I can pass on as to which way new development should go, I'd appreciate it. joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Joe, ADO is li...

xquery help
(:// start/stop trace:) (: for $x in doc ($doc_name)/ProcessValueTrace/Trace, $y in $x/StartTrace, $z in $x/StopTrace return <Trace> { $y } { $z } </Trace> :) (: open/close logical link by name - input $logicallink_name :) (: for $x in doc ($doc_name)/ProcessValueTrace/Trace, $y in $x/OpenComPrimitive, $t in $x/CloseComPrimitive where (some $z in $y/LogicalLink satisfies contains($z, string($logical_link_name))) and (some $z2 in $t/LogicalLink satisfies contains($z2, string($logical_link_name)) ) return <Trace> { $y } { $t } </Trace>...

Does Excel Support the VB List Class?
I have one quick question. Does Excel support vb Lists? I wanted to add some data to a vb list via the list.add method, but excel does not support the format dim Mylist as list(of double) Does this mean I have to use the array class? Best, Ben What sort of List do you have in mind Regards, Peter T "Benjamin Fortunato" <BenjaminFortunato@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CBF362B-4723-46ED-A0FA-2FD145EE9AF7@microsoft.com... >I have one quick question. Does Excel support vb Lists? I wanted to add >some > data to a vb l...

Internal Support Function Error #2
When I try and send an email I get a message that says "an internal support function returnded and error". Has anyone experinced this before? ...

XQuery engine
Hi; Any suggestions for a good XQuery engine. We only need the select functionality, no create/update/delete. (Ok if it has it, but we don't need it.) ??? - thanks - dave david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com me -- http://dave.thielen.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm Hi David, SQL Server provides us with the XQuery support feature. So, if you can store the XML data in SQL Server, the SQL Server database engine can be a good choice. For detailed information, please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...

Object does not support this function????????
I have a report off of a crosstab_query that picks dates from a table to match with names in another table. The query works, the report works...to an extent. I read here in another post how to change the forecolor and backcolor w/VBS. On my computer at home it works. On my computer at work, I get the error above. I have kept the db's in Access2k because of the different versions of Access on my Network. I use both Access2k and Access2007 at home and work. Help Please this report is critical to our certification to continue to be open(treatment facility). I forgot to put my co...

Internal Support Error
I'm getting an internal support error when I try to email to a group. I'm using 2003 (XP). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Does EDD support multicurrency?
Does EDD support multicurrency? We are getting an error message 'the string is non-numeric'. ...

SVG supported for galleries?
I have downloaded thousands of open cliparts but when trying to use them with Microsoft Publisher 2003 I can't. I can't import svg images. Is there any way to do so? How? Ampers wrote: > I have downloaded thousands of open cliparts but when trying to use them with > Microsoft Publisher 2003 I can't. I can't import svg images. Is there any way > to do so? How? Try downloading OpenOffice.org and using OOo Draw to convert the images to EMF or WMF files. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org If you have a draw program or Visio, you can conver...

What versions of XSL are supported by what versions of ASP.net?
At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1). There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0. Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0? EXSLT was also mentioned. Does ASP.net support that? -Darrel darrel wrote: > At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1). > > There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0. > Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0? The XSLT processor in the .NET framework class libaries in .NET 1.1 is Sy...