XPathNavigator.SelectSingleNode(xpath) on space returns 0 length s

Hi;

I have an element:
<space> </space>

When I call SelectSingleNode() on it, the InnerXml is a 0 length String, not
a String containing 1 space.

Any ideas?

--
thanks - dave
0

Hi dave,

You can set PreserveWhitespace to true, so that the space will be preserved.

			XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
			doc.PreserveWhitespace = true;
			doc.LoadXml("<space> </space>");
			XmlNode n = doc.SelectSingleNode("space");
			MessageBox.Show(n.InnerXml.Length.ToString());

HTH.

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

0
v-kevy (347)
10/13/2005 7:03:07 AM
Hi;

Sorry - I forgot to mention - the API I give people is to pass in a
XPathNavigator. So it may not be an XmlDocument. And even if it is, I have no
way of accessing that object.

How do I do this for an XPathNavigator?

--
thanks - dave

"Kevin Yu [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi dave,
>
> You can set PreserveWhitespace to true, so that the space will be preserved.
>
> 			XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> 			doc.PreserveWhitespace = true;
> 			doc.LoadXml("<space> </space>");
> 			XmlNode n = doc.SelectSingleNode("space");
> 			MessageBox.Show(n.InnerXml.Length.ToString());
>
> HTH.
>
> Kevin Yu
> =======
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."

0
thielen (152)
10/13/2005 1:47:03 PM
Hi dave,

There is no way to preserve whitespace in the code directly with
XPathNavigator. You can try to do the following:

1. Add whiteSpace="preserve" in the tag. <space whiteSpace="preserve">
</space>
2. If the node is a whitespace, check the XPathNavigator.NodeType property,
it has to be XPathNodeType.SignificantWhitespace or
XPathNodeType.Whitespace.

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

0
v-kevy (347)
10/14/2005 3:17:54 AM
Hi;

It's not my xml. I have a library that other people call and pass me their
xml. I wrote all of my code using XPathDocument & XPathNavigator because it
is the "suggested" approach.

But I need to have whitespace preserved. There must be a way as Microsoft
suggests using this approach and not using XmlDocument at all. Could you
please ask the .net team? I find it hard to believe they would not have made
it possible to do this.

--
thanks - dave

"Kevin Yu [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi dave,
>
> There is no way to preserve whitespace in the code directly with
> XPathNavigator. You can try to do the following:
>
> 1. Add whiteSpace="preserve" in the tag. <space whiteSpace="preserve">
> </space>
> 2. If the node is a whitespace, check the XPathNavigator.NodeType property,
> it has to be XPathNodeType.SignificantWhitespace or
> XPathNodeType.Whitespace.
>
> Kevin Yu
> =======
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."

0
thielen (152)
10/14/2005 4:17:35 AM
I'm on the .net xml team and I know for sure that once you've loaded an
XmlDocument without preserveWhitespace, you have lost all insignificant
whitespace information and there is no way for the XPathNavigator to
"reinvent" it on the fly.  Therefore you'll have to tell folks who are
calling you not to do that.  Or you chould change your component design so
that they call you to load the XML that way you can be in control of how the
whitespace processing happens.

"David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> It's not my xml. I have a library that other people call and pass me their
> xml. I wrote all of my code using XPathDocument & XPathNavigator because
> it
> is the "suggested" approach.
>
> But I need to have whitespace preserved. There must be a way as Microsoft
> suggests using this approach and not using XmlDocument at all. Could you
> please ask the .net team? I find it hard to believe they would not have
> made
> it possible to do this.
>
> --
> thanks - dave
>

> "Kevin Yu [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Hi dave,
>>
>> There is no way to preserve whitespace in the code directly with
>> XPathNavigator. You can try to do the following:
>>
>> 1. Add whiteSpace="preserve" in the tag. <space whiteSpace="preserve">
>> </space>
>> 2. If the node is a whitespace, check the XPathNavigator.NodeType
>> property,
>> it has to be XPathNodeType.SignificantWhitespace or
>> XPathNodeType.Whitespace.
>>
>> Kevin Yu
>> =======
>> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights."

Hello;

First off, thank you for answering. Getting a definite no helps as then I
know that I'm not missing something.

Most cases I am passed a Stream so I can call new XmlDocument(Stream)
instead of new XPathDocument(Stream). But all of the documentation I have
read says that XPathDocument is a lot faster for heavy xpath use - so do I
then lose that efficiency?

And out of curiosity, why does XPathDocument eat all of the whitespace?
Because xml schemes like Excel's SpreadsheetML need it.

--
thanks - dave

"Chris Lovett" wrote:

> I'm on the .net xml team and I know for sure that once you've loaded an
> XmlDocument without preserveWhitespace, you have lost all insignificant
> whitespace information and there is no way for the XPathNavigator to
> "reinvent" it on the fly.  Therefore you'll have to tell folks who are
> calling you not to do that.  Or you chould change your component design so
> that they call you to load the XML that way you can be in control of how the
> whitespace processing happens.
>
> "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > Hi;
> >
> > It's not my xml. I have a library that other people call and pass me their
> > xml. I wrote all of my code using XPathDocument & XPathNavigator because
> > it
> > is the "suggested" approach.
> >
> > But I need to have whitespace preserved. There must be a way as Microsoft
> > suggests using this approach and not using XmlDocument at all. Could you
> > please ask the .net team? I find it hard to believe they would not have
> > made
> > it possible to do this.
> >
> > --
> > thanks - dave
> >

> > "Kevin Yu [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi dave,
> >>
> >> There is no way to preserve whitespace in the code directly with
> >> XPathNavigator. You can try to do the following:
> >>
> >> 1. Add whiteSpace="preserve" in the tag. <space whiteSpace="preserve">
> >> </space>
> >> 2. If the node is a whitespace, check the XPathNavigator.NodeType
> >> property,
> >> it has to be XPathNodeType.SignificantWhitespace or
> >> XPathNodeType.Whitespace.
> >>
> >> Kevin Yu
> >> =======
> >> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> >> rights."

0
thielen (152)
10/14/2005 5:31:10 PM
XPathDocument (and XmlDocument) default to preserveWhitespace=false for
backward compatibility reasons.

But you can tell both of these to preservice whitespace as follows:

new XPathDocument(@"..\\..\\xmlfile1.xml", XmlSpace.Preserve);

and
XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument();
xdoc.PreserveWhitespace = true;

> Hello;
>
> First off, thank you for answering. Getting a definite no helps as then I
> know that I'm not missing something.
>
> Most cases I am passed a Stream so I can call new XmlDocument(Stream)
> instead of new XPathDocument(Stream). But all of the documentation I have
> read says that XPathDocument is a lot faster for heavy xpath use - so do I
> then lose that efficiency?
>
> And out of curiosity, why does XPathDocument eat all of the whitespace?
> Because xml schemes like Excel's SpreadsheetML need it.
>
> --
> thanks - dave
>

> "Chris Lovett" wrote:
>
>> I'm on the .net xml team and I know for sure that once you've loaded an
>> XmlDocument without preserveWhitespace, you have lost all insignificant
>> whitespace information and there is no way for the XPathNavigator to
>> "reinvent" it on the fly.  Therefore you'll have to tell folks who are
>> calling you not to do that.  Or you chould change your component design
>> so
>> that they call you to load the XML that way you can be in control of how
>> the
>> whitespace processing happens.
>>
>> "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> > Hi;
>> >
>> > It's not my xml. I have a library that other people call and pass me
>> > their
>> > xml. I wrote all of my code using XPathDocument & XPathNavigator
>> > because
>> > it
>> > is the "suggested" approach.
>> >
>> > But I need to have whitespace preserved. There must be a way as
>> > Microsoft
>> > suggests using this approach and not using XmlDocument at all. Could
>> > you
>> > please ask the .net team? I find it hard to believe they would not have
>> > made
>> > it possible to do this.
>> >
>> > --
>> > thanks - dave

Yes - thank you.

I didn't see it for XPathDocument because the Stream ctor doesn't have that
option. But I can use the Stream to create an XmlDocument, Load it with the
Stream, then pass an XmlNodeReader.

--
thanks - dave

"Chris Lovett" wrote:

> XPathDocument (and XmlDocument) default to preserveWhitespace=false for
> backward compatibility reasons.
>
> But you can tell both of these to preservice whitespace as follows:
>
> new XPathDocument(@"..\\..\\xmlfile1.xml", XmlSpace.Preserve);
>
> and
> XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument();
> xdoc.PreserveWhitespace = true;
>

> "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > Hello;
> >
> > First off, thank you for answering. Getting a definite no helps as then I
> > know that I'm not missing something.
> >
> > Most cases I am passed a Stream so I can call new XmlDocument(Stream)
> > instead of new XPathDocument(Stream). But all of the documentation I have
> > read says that XPathDocument is a lot faster for heavy xpath use - so do I
> > then lose that efficiency?
> >
> > And out of curiosity, why does XPathDocument eat all of the whitespace?
> > Because xml schemes like Excel's SpreadsheetML need it.
> >
> > --
> > thanks - dave
> >

> > "Chris Lovett" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm on the .net xml team and I know for sure that once you've loaded an
> >> XmlDocument without preserveWhitespace, you have lost all insignificant
> >> whitespace information and there is no way for the XPathNavigator to
> >> "reinvent" it on the fly.  Therefore you'll have to tell folks who are
> >> calling you not to do that.  Or you chould change your component design
> >> so
> >> that they call you to load the XML that way you can be in control of how
> >> the
> >> whitespace processing happens.
> >>
> >> "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

0
thielen (152)
10/17/2005 8:51:08 PM
Hi there,

I have the same issue, but even if I use XmlDocument and set the
..PreserveWhitespace to true, whe I deserialize the xml, this node comes with
null value.

Christian Llanos

"David Thielen" wrote:

> Yes - thank you.
>
> I didn't see it for XPathDocument because the Stream ctor doesn't have that
> option. But I can use the Stream to create an XmlDocument, Load it with the
> Stream, then pass an XmlNodeReader.
>
> --
> thanks - dave
>

> "Chris Lovett" wrote:
>
> > XPathDocument (and XmlDocument) default to preserveWhitespace=false for
> > backward compatibility reasons.
> >
> > But you can tell both of these to preservice whitespace as follows:
> >
> > new XPathDocument(@"..\\..\\xmlfile1.xml", XmlSpace.Preserve);
> >
> > and
> > XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument();
> > xdoc.PreserveWhitespace = true;
> >

> > "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > > Hello;
> > >
> > > First off, thank you for answering. Getting a definite no helps as then I
> > > know that I'm not missing something.
> > >
> > > Most cases I am passed a Stream so I can call new XmlDocument(Stream)
> > > instead of new XPathDocument(Stream). But all of the documentation I have
> > > read says that XPathDocument is a lot faster for heavy xpath use - so do I
> > > then lose that efficiency?
> > >
> > > And out of curiosity, why does XPathDocument eat all of the whitespace?
> > > Because xml schemes like Excel's SpreadsheetML need it.
> > >
> > > --
> > > thanks - dave

0
L (105)
4/25/2008 3:54:00 PM
Christian L wrote:

> I have the same issue, but even if I use XmlDocument and set the
> .PreserveWhitespace to true, whe I deserialize the xml, this node comes with
> null value.

What issue exactly do you have? You are loading an XML document into an
XmlDocument object where PreserveWhitespace is set to true and then you
do what exactly where "this node comes up with null value"? In the DOM
object model the Value property of an XmlElement is always null. Is that
the problem? Use InnerText instead.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
On Apr 25, 1:29=A0pm, Martin Honnen <mahotr...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Christian L wrote:
> > I have the same issue, but even if I use XmlDocument and set the
> > .PreserveWhitespace to true, whe I deserialize the xml, this node comes =
with
> > null value.
>
> What issue exactly do you have? You are loading an XML document into an
> XmlDocument object where PreserveWhitespace is set to true and then you
> do what exactly where "this node comes up with null value"? In the DOM
> object model the Value property of an XmlElement is always null. Is that
> the problem? Use InnerText instead.
>
> --
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

What I try to do is deserialize the xml document, but when I do that,
the xml elemet with the innertext with all whitespaces comes with a
null value instead of the whitespaces.

Christian Llanos
Christian Llanos wrote:

> What I try to do is deserialize the xml document, but when I do that,
> the xml elemet with the innertext with all whitespaces comes with a
> null value instead of the whitespaces.

Please post your code, both the XML as well as the code you use for
deserializing.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

=?windows-1252?Q?Bank_Reconciliation_=96_difference_within_parenthesi?= =?windows-1252?Q?s=2E?=
Hello, I=92m attempting to use Bank Reconciliation and there is a difference within parenthesis and I=92m not sure what exactly the meaning of this is. Does this mean there is something on my bank statement that=92s not in my GL (or vise verse) or does this have to do with credit and debit amounts irregardless of where the amount is =96 the GL or the bank statement. Thank you, Michelle In what field are you seeing the difference Michelle? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com > On Jul 10, 10:58=A0am, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" &...

space in word
i want the space between word, i used the following VB Code, But its not work. When i run the VB code, i get word seperated from number, but there is no space between word. what i have to make changes in VB Code. I am really thankful to Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP. again help expected Sub RemoveNumbers() ' Remove alpha characters from a string. ' except for decimal points and hyphens. Dim intI As Integer Dim rngR As Range, rngRR As Range Dim strNotNum As String, strTemp As String Set rngRR = Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ xlTextValues) For Each rngR I...

Batch update ShowinAddressbook Attribue for DL's
Hi, Can someone help me out on finding or creating a script that can go through an OU and update the showinaddressbook attribute of each DL in that OU to a certain value. Thanks in Advance. Julian ADModify.net is your friend.... http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 Please test first. "Julian" <Julian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CA1023E-420C-47EF-A0AB-D1CE3A641987@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can someone help me out on finding or creating a script that can go > through > an OU ...

GP v10.0 SP1 Known Issues?
I applied SP1 (MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB945412-v10-ENU.msp) and have problems with the AreaPage.xsl. It seems it does not want to play well with menus that have an expansion. I found that if I copied the (AreaPage.xls) from another install (pre-SP1) that it works ok but I can't move a head this way on a clients machine. ...

GDI+ and VC 6.0
Is it possible to use GDI+ in vc 6 Environment. If so what i have to do for that what r files lib r needed to copy into my currnet project plz help me sir "srVas" <it_srini@gawab.com> wrote in message news:<#j7tsdynEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>... > Is it possible to use GDI+ in vc 6 Environment. > If so what i have to do for that what r files lib r needed to copy into my > currnet project > plz help me sir Hello there, yes of course you can use GDI+ from vc6 , but only on NT/2000/XP. the runtime for GDI+ comes with windows so deployment is not an issue. ...

Today's date in a dialog box
When a user opens a excel spreadsheet I need a dialog box to open to ask the user to fill in the box with today's date and then that information is transferred into a cell. Can anyone explain how this can be done. I'm using excel 2003. Thanks for your help Paul This code should go in the ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim X As String Dim Nextrow As Long Nextrow = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range("A:A")) + 1 X = InputBox("Enter today's date here:") If Not (IsDate(CDate(X))) Then MsgBox ("You didn't enter a date&qu...

identy's
i have used outlook express forever and just got outllook office. How do I ste it up like the old one? I want to view my emails under each sperate identy. You can setup profiles for this; Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "yellowbeetlebug" <yellowbeetlebug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998C9E73-F0DA-4C32-8F05-643D9CA8B3B7@microsoft.com... >i have used outlook...

Need help scanning a column and getting a return value.
A B C 1 10 12 2 2 67 3 45 10 4 2 18 5 4 16 Both columns consist of hundreds of numbers. What i need to do. I need to scan Column 'A' for a certain number, once that number is found, it puts the number directly next to the number (the number in Column 'B') into Column 'C'. Let me give an exact example. I want to scan Column 'A' for the number '2' once a '2' is found it places the number directly next to the number 2 in Column 'C'. A summary, scan Column 'A&#...

Product Returns & RMAs
Is there a way to handle product returns or RMAs in CRM 3.0 ? I couldn't see anything obvious in the Orders or Cases areas, and I thought I'd ask before starting my own customization. Has anyone tried to implement this type of customization ? I'm expecting to run into some limitations in how I can link a Returns custom entity to Accounts, Cases or Products... Thanks ...

URL's and Excel
Do anyone know of a way to copy a file with a URL by using Excel? I have a system that have a WEB based filing area for work files. The URL to these files can be "pasted" to a Excel Spreadsheet, But HOW can I download/copy the files to a different are, like local on my C: drive??? You can use a workbooks open macro. You might like this idea. right click on the field of the web site you desire>select import to microsoft excel> you will probably have to then select the top left of the result in your excel workbook worksheet>data>external data>edit>select the tab...

Dots appearing on screen between words, inserted with space bar. S
MS Word How do you stop the periods or dots appearing on the screen when typing? Not sure what happened but cannot find way to make it stop. Office 2000 Anyone ever have this problem, can you tell me what to change? -- Ed Dailey See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Edwdailey" <Edwdailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:296B3EFE-6988-4A0B-B6C0-6EA5B77E9922@microsoft.com... > MS Word > How do you stop the p...

Junk Email File(s).
I have a need to access the file(s) that contain the list of Junk Emails (Safe, Blocked Etc) from a VB6 application. Does anyone know in which file(s) this information is stored and the format so that I can access it? Thanks in advance. ps: I've googled but couldn't find anything. version of outlook? information is stored in a reg key and also in a hidden file in outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Ou...

XPath Editor (Updated!)
Hi All, I have updated my XPath Generator software: XPath Studio .NET. ( http://www.ziggyware.com/downloads.php?cat_id=2 ) Easily select nodes from an xml file to generate XPath statements Insert node values to narrow down XPath results Insert by node value ornode existance Multi-threaded framework to prevent stalls in the application when working with large XML data files Quick and easy to use interface is easy to use for novices Resulting XPath query conforms to XPath 1.0 standards View the Help Article for information relating to XPath Studio .NET ( http://www.ziggyware.com/arti...

MONEY06 Return of Capital Calculation
The Return of Capital activity for Investment is a good one, except: I enter a positive return of capital when mutual funds do a return of capital distribution. I also need to use the Return of Capital activity for reinvestment of distribution. For this I enter a NEGATIVE return of capital. The Portfolio view cvalculates the positive and negative return of capital correctly as can be demonstrated with the adjustment in the cost basis after a return of capital. However, if one sells the investment and go to capital gains report. The Cap gains report ignores the negative return of ca...

migration from ACT6.0 to MSCRM
I am looking for a solution to migrate from ACT6.0 to MSCRM I've seen that the best solution was to use scribe, i was looking for a cheaper solution. I tried to do the migration via Business contact manager with no luck. I have also tried the migration framework from microsoft, but was unable to use it properly. someone can give some advice? thx lots, Alex Unless you want to do it all by hand, theres not many solutions other than Scribe (best solution) or the DMF (free, but a pain). The DMF isn't all that bad. And actually, I've used both Scribe and DMF, an...

Query to find all zip4's inside polygon
I need to find a way to run a SQL query to find all lat/long points in a table which are within a polygon which is defined by several lat/long points. For example, I have this table which includes ALL ~700,000,000 possible Zip+4 positions with the corresponding lat/long values. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Zip4Coordinates]( [Zip4] [varchar](10) NOT NULL, [Latitude] [decimal](12, 9) NOT NULL, [Longitude] [decimal](12, 9) NOT NULL) And say I have 4 lat/long points (moving in clockwise pattern on map) which make up my polygon. In this case, it's 4 lat/long points, but could be ...

Getting white space (square character) in database
We have a VC++/MFC application. Our users are sporadically getting a non-printable square character in their database record fields. The data is typically collected through the UI in a text field. For example, we have a field for suffix. In the database, "[]r" was stored instead of "Jr". I don't know what the users could be doing to get this. I am guessing it might be that they are accidently hitting additional keys like the control key on the keyboard and creating the non-printable characters. Any ideas? Rob C YES - Validation! Don't put any data int...

SelectSingleNode and Namespace
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C54429.49A1B710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I use a XML-Doc with a Namespace like the following example: <HomedResources = xmlns=3Dhttp://schemas.microsoft.com/RtcServer/2002/11/dbimpexp = Version=3D"3"> <HomedResource UserAtHost=3D"PBoul@team.de" Enabled=3D"1" = VersionPermission=3D"10" =20 VersionContact=3D"25" DisplayName=3D"Boullay, Peter" = Email=3...

CWnd::GetFocus() returns a CTempWnd...
Hi, I've an extremely simple question ;-) I'd like to check if the object which currently has the focus in my dialog is a CButton. This simple question should have a simple answer - right? CWnd* pFocusWnd = GetFocus(); if (pFocusWnd && pFocusWnd->IsKindOf(RUNTIME_CLASS(CButton))) { DoMyStuff(); } However, DoMyStuff is never reached since pFocusWnd is reported to be a CTempWnd rather than a CButton??? What is the correct answer to my simple question? Thanks, /Tom Tom wrote: > Hi, > > I've an extremely simple question ;-) > I'd like to check ...

XPathNavigation and Namespaces.
I have the following code that is attempting to read nodes from an xml file... XmlDocument xpdStatus = new XmlDocument(); xpdStatus.Load("status.xml"); XPathNavigator xpnStatus = xpdStatus.CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator xpniStatus = xpnStatus.Select("descendant::Status"); while (xpniStatus.MoveNext()) { Console.WriteLine("Book title: {0}", xpniStatus.Current.Value); XmlNode node = ((xpniStatus.Current) as IHasXmlNode).GetNode(); Console.WriteLine("Status: {0}", node.Value); } The code works fine until I attempt to add namespaces, with prefixes...

Convert Double Space To Single Space
How do you convert double spaced text to single spaced? I don't see an option for this in Outlook. I can paste into Notepad, copy and then paste into Outlook, but I would prefer a way to do it within Outlook. ...

How to open newer XLS files in Excel Version 4.0
I'm using Excel version 4. Can someone point me to an add-in or extension or something to let me open newer files ... at least Excel 95 or Excel 97? Thanks, Nick "Nicholas Fitzpatrick" <nfitz@sentex.ca> wrote... >I'm using Excel version 4. Can someone point me to an add-in or extension >or something to let me open newer files ... at least Excel 95 or Excel 97? You must have a very unconventional view of how Microsoft operates. You need to use a newer version of Excel or some other spreadsheet that opens newer Excel files. There are some inexpensive alternati...

importing Back Office IDs "in" BP 4.0
Hello: There is a nice wizard that will allow you to tie a vendor "user" with that vendor's Back Office ID. If you have a lot of vendors, is there a way to import these vendors into Business Portal to tie them with their corresponding Back Office IDs so that you do not have to use the wizard to do this? Otherwise, using the wizard--as nice as it is--could be tedious and lengthy. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

OnIdle called only while mouse's moving
Hi I need to update one class data and the view during the idle, I used this method in the Cdoc: void CMyAppDoc::OnIdle(){ theClass->Update(); POSITION pos = GetFirstViewPosition(); CView* pView = GetNextView(pos); pView->Invalidate(true); pView->UpdateWindow(); } It works only when I move the mouse, what's wrong? Z_Z thanks > It works only when I move the mouse How do you know this? > theClass->Update(); > pView->UpdateWindow(); Why are you doing this in OnIdle. This is wrong place for any task which could be lengthy. Use a timer if you really need t...

crm 3.0 opens with errors
For some reason the crm 3.0 loads the default.aspx page but bombs out when loading the userquery.asmx page giving the CRM Error Contact your system administrator. This page is in the correct directory folder MSCRMservices but for some reason the program is looking for it in the CRMWeb folder. How can I change this path to the way it use to be ? I check the IIS home directory paths and they are both pointing to the correct folders with CRMappPool. Microsoft CRM v 3.0 C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb \ . MSCRMServices C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb \MSCRMS...