XPath Expression to retrieve attribute value without case sensitivity

Hey,

I am struggling with how to form the XPath expression to find the value of
an attribute value without case sensitivity.

I have tried the following, but I must be missing something simple.

"SOLUTIONS/SOLUTION[@id=*[translate(text(),
'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz','ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ')='TESTSOLUTION']]"

There exists an attribute id='TestSolution' on an <SOLUTION> element.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bill

0
autosoft (3)

Hey,

Figured it out!

"SOLUTIONS/SOLUTION[translate(@id,

"AST" <autosoft@az.rmci.net@noreply.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I am struggling with how to form the XPath expression to find the value of
> an attribute value without case sensitivity.
>
> I have tried the following, but I must be missing something simple.
>
> "SOLUTIONS/SOLUTION[@id=*[translate(text(),
> 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz','ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ')='TESTSOLUTION']]"
>
> There exists an attribute id='TestSolution' on an <SOLUTION> element.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bill

0
autosoft (3)

XPath
Using XPath I am querying parts of XML document, " get quoted by \ - is it possible to specify not to quote " with \? <RootElement> <Element Attribute="SomeValue" /> </RootElement> XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); xmlDoc.Load(fileName); XmlNode xmlNode = xmlDoc.SelectSingleNode("//RootElement/Element") Print xmlNode.OuterXml <Element Attribute=\"SomeValue\"/> where I was expecting to get <Element Attribute="SomeValue"/> TIA Dennis wrote: > Using XPath I am querying parts of XML document,...

Change case for all text in cell range
I'm trying to change all the names in existing cells (in a contiguous range) from standard case to all upper case (e.g: A1 = Joe Smith, A2 = Jane Doe, etc. to: A1 = JOE SMITH, A2 = JANE DOE, etc.). I need the new upper case values to be in the original cells. Using "=UPPER(A1:BB82) forces the values in that range to change but the new upper case values are in a different cell range. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. RLL ~ 1/27/2004 Borrowing code from Dave Peterson on truncating Left, this will make everything in A1:BB86 uppercase. Sub UCaseMe() Application.ScreenUpdating = False D...

Getting a specific parent of any node via xpath navigation
I am storing my site structure as such: <menuItems> <menuItem> <pageID>1</pageID> </menuItem> <menuItem> <pageID>2</pageID> <menuItem> <pageID>4</pageID> <menuItem> <pageID>5</pageID> <menuItem> <pageID>6</pageID> </menuItem> </menuItem> </menuItem> </menuItem> <menuItem> <pageID>3</pageID> ...

intergration of newsgroups and outlook express
how is this achieved??? Outlook versions 2000, XP and 2003 - you can't - you have to use Outlook Express. THere are plugins but I have not found a good free one yet ... I belive with the new version of Outlook (Outlook Live) that this will be included. "ema" <ema@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61A0650D-C116-461B-A9D6-2DC6CC26B64C@microsoft.com... > how is this achieved??? "ema" <ema@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61A0650D-C116-461B-A9D6-2DC6CC26B64C@microsoft.com... > how is this achieved??? No integrat...

outlook express 6 my email
My fonts keep reverting back to 12, when I saved them under tools options fonts I set it to 18. when I creat a new email its shows 18 as soon as I typ it changes to 12, if I go back and highlight it and change it to a larger size it will not change. I can change color bold and underline but not font. big john <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My fonts keep reverting back to 12, when I saved them > under tools options fonts I set it to 18. when I creat a > new email its shows 18 as soon as I typ it changes to 12, > if I go back and highlight it and change i...

CRM attribute field
Hello, I have a Custom Attribute nvarchar type and format URL, but Microsoft CRM automatically adds http:// to whatever the user enters. I want to make this field to accept paths like "C:\notes\data\test.doc" or "\\server\notes\data\test.doc" How can i do this? Tanks Hi, just don´t format it as URL cause in this case CRM defines URL not as a network UNC path. You´ll have to use javascript and for example a custom button to get access to the UNC path right if you´re clicking this custom button. Best regards "CRM Data Import" wrote: > ...

XPath pb
Hi In infopath, I use a XPath expression to get some nodes : var oEMailNodeList = XDocument.DOM.selectNodes("//Message/EMail"); My problem is that this method returns 0 items. Here is the DOM.xml property : <?xml version="1.0" ?> <?mso-infoPathSolution productVersion=\"11.0.5329\" PIVersion=\"1.0.0.0\" href=\"file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\t-stevbe\Local%20Settings\Appli cation%20Data\Microsoft\InfoPath\7ab6e8af39fc42e2\manifest.xsf\" solutionVersion=\"1.0.0.9\" initialView=\"messagesList\" ?> <?...

How to use a shared printer (win xp 32bit) on windows 7 (64 bit) without 64bit driver?
Hi, I've connected my Epson EPL-5900L to my desktop-pc (Windows XP 32bit) and share it in the network. Now I want to use this shared printer on a Windows 7 (64bit) notebook but unfortunately there are no 64bit drivers for this printer (not for windows 7 and not for vista). Is there a way I can use this printer on the notebook? --> Maybe a "proxy-printer" on the XP-machine where exists 64bit driver f�r windows 7. Hopefully someone can help me. Markus To print from 64-bit Win 7 you will need 64-bit Win 7 drivers. If the printer has a emu,lation of...

music in Outlook Express
I can't seem to embed music in my Outlook Express 6 email. I had no problems with my older computer, I just went to format, background and music. But on my new laptop I can't get the music to go into the email. Not only that but when I hit send it says it can't send because it the picture can't be found. I'm not even sending a picture. gees.. whats up with this? Reply to Pur2softly@mwic.net because I'm not sure I will be able to find this newsgroup back again. Thank you. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Expre...

Outlook express is deleting .pdf attachments
When ever I recieive an email in Outlook Express, Pdf files are automatically deleted. Do I have a virus or is there a patch to fix this? d <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When ever I recieive an email in Outlook Express, Pdf > files are automatically deleted. Do I have a virus or is > there a patch to fix this? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Hint: Tools>Options>Security -- Brian Tillman ...

how do I lookup multiple values
Trying to lookup a value based on both Horizon and Vertical columns…. A B C 1 JAN FEB MAR 2 Ice-cream .5 .6 .7 3 Hot Cocoa 1.0 1.1 1.25 4 Coffee 1.5 1.3 1.0 5 Soda .8 .6 .9 How do I look up the price of ice - cream in the month of Jan. or lookup the price of coffee in Mar based on an input from user on both product and month? I can’t figure out which function to use. Please advice. =INDEX(B2:D:10,MATCH("Ice Cream",A2:A10,0),MATCH("Jan",B1:D1,0)) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Lisa" <Lisa@disc...

Return Value in Cell Diagonally opposite
Can anyone give me a formula that will return the value in a cell that is diagonally opposite. If the value I search for is found in say B2 I want to return the Value in C3. Thanks Peter See if this does what you want... ...........A..........B 1.......10........... 2...................... 3........5............ 4.......10.........X 5.......15.........Y 6....................Z A1 = lookup value =INDEX(B4:B6,MATCH(A1,A3:A5,0)) Result = Y -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Pete" <fell-walker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:f9ee881e-6658-4599...

How to pass a Nodeset to an XPath extension function?
I am using the .NET framework v2.0.40607 with Visual C# Express and I would like to create some custom XPath functions to use directly in a XSLT stylesheet. I called System.Xml.Query.XmlArgumentList.AddExtensionObject(string, object) to register the functions I've written. The functions that take a String, Boolean or Number parameter work perfectly. However, I do not know how to create a function that will accept a Nodeset as a parameter. I tried writting a function taking a XPathNavigator object, but it does not work for all XPath queries that return a Nodeset: I get an error &qu...

XPath Validation
I'm looking for a way to Validate an XPath prior to executing the expression, without using a try catch clause. For example: I'm looking for something that would tell me that "\some/Xpath\to\Node" is invalid... Any Ideas? Hi, As far as I know, the .NET framework could not validate XPath directly with class library. The only thing we can do is to use try/catch block. Or you can try to find some 3rd-party tool such as XML spy to validate it. HTH. Kevin Yu ======= "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights." Thanks K...

Help with If or Case
Hello, I have a report that list all orders for the year. The orders report includes a Status column and an order could have one of six possible status. Quote Held Invoiced Invoiced/Cancelled Deleted Deleted/Cancelled The users have asked to get a form with six option buttons they can toggle to choose which status conditions they want to include or exclude on the report. I have created the form with the six option buttons with “Default Value” property set to 1 and a Next button to run the report. I’m blanking out tryiing to build the nested If statement. Any examples ...

Plot X and Y values
I need to create a chart in Excel in which each point has an X and Y value, reading the info from a table of data. When using the "scatter" chart type, it doesn't do that, instead it draws two series' of points, one series for the X values and one for the Y. Thanks, Josh There may be some data in adjacent columns that is confusing the Chart Wizard. Select only the series data and labels, and run the chart wizard, and it should set up the chart correctly. X Y 1 10 2 12 3 15 4 17 Josh wrote: > I need to create a chart in Excel in which each point has >...

HELP! Retrieving the application path?!
HELP! Hi, I need to retrieve the startup path (location) of=20 both an executable and dll file. I can=B4t find a function=20 for this, only _getcurcwd which retrieves the current=20 working directory, but this wont hold for long. In .NET there is Application.StartupPath, what=B4s the=20 equivalent in Visual C++? Thanx in advance... / Joel GetModuleFileName(Ex) -- Bjarne Nielsen "Joel" <joel@actson.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:068101c3c88f$747af6c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... HELP! Hi, I need to retrieve the startup path (location) of both an executable and dll file. I can�t...

Tricky XPath query
Hi all, I've just changed the structure of my XML file and now I need to construct an XPathNavigator object that uses tags from two different levels in the XML file. For example: <someTag> <innerTagA> <innerInnerTagA> <innerInnerInnerTagA> Some Data That Belongs Here </innerInnerInnerTagA> <innerInnerInnerTagB> Some Data that Belongs More Specifically Here </innerInnerInnerTagB> </innerInnerTagA> <innerInnerTagB> <innerInnerInnerTagZ> This Data should real...

Updating value of asets in Money
Ive been useing Money for some time now,upgrading each year and learning as I go. Id like to update the value of several assets (cars , home , ect) in money totrack their worth. My question is how do I do this? The program asks for a catagory? Which do you suggest? I'm new to Money but I've been suing a category I call Depreciation for this task for years in Quicken. I just write all changes in value (up or down) to this category, and then do not include it in my cash flow or budget reports (since it's not really money I'm spending or making until it's "re...

Integer maximum value
I have define a field type as integer. I tried to put a value 120,000 but it seems exceeds the value. Hi Alan, An integer field stores numbers from -32,768 to 32,767. A long integer field stores numbers from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647. So, just change the field size from integer to long integer, and you should be OK. Help on Field Size gives the specifications for all the data types available. HTH, Rob "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:O9n5rldkHHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have define a field type as integer. > I tried...

Xpath with namespaces
Hello Everyone, I am having an issue with xml and namespaces, at least I think it is namespaces. When I use namespaces, I cannot use SelectSingleNode / SelectNodes as they always return 0/Nothing respectively. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance VB.Net 2005 WinXP Sp2 Test code: Dim objXML As System.Xml.XmlDocument 'Test XML 1 ==> Always returns 0 objXML = New System.Xml.XmlDocument objXML.Load(Application.StartupPath & "\xmlfile1.xml") MsgBox(objXML.SelectNodes("top/middle").Count) 'Test XML 2 ==> Always re...

Conditional Formatting A Cell Based on Another Cell's Value
I have a report where I want to use conditional formatting on the two far right-hand columns. Applying conditional formatting to right-hand column 1 (RHC1) which consists of percentages is easy. If the value in any cell in this column is less than .85 the cell is shaded green, if greater than or equal to .85 and less than or equal to 1 the cell is cell is shaded yellow, if it's greater than 1 it is shaded red. Right-hand column 2 (RHC2) consists of whole numbers. I want the shading of the cells in RHC2 to match the shading of the cells next to them in RHC1. I have tried to create formu...

replacing values in cells from a pre-designed table
I am working with an Excel Spreadsheet. I have, in column C, a different value on each row: 1.2 or 0.7 or 2.5, etc. In column D I want to have Excel automatically place, in each row, a new value based on a reference table I would create. For example If column C value is Then column D value on same row will b 0.7 9 0.8 9 0.9 9 1.0 9 ...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

Formating text of x-axix value
I make a chart with x-axix values from let's say 1E-9 to 1E-3, using logaritmic scale. So far so good. But my need is not to display the values in the chart like 1E-9, 1E-8, etc. but like 10-9, where the -9 text will be formated as upper index. Thx for any help or suggestion. see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karel" <Karel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA5042AE-A412-4CB3-B823-89741DAF8FFD@microsoft.com... >I mak...