XMLTextWriter and SOAP

Hi guys,

I have a task to do where I need to write an XML file into SOAP format.
I use XMLTextWriter in order to write my strings to the XML file, but I
must convert somehow this xml into SOAP. How can I do that ? Is there a
way to do it without hardcoding SOAP attributes and elements ? As
exemple, a function that would receive a stream and convert the stream
to SOAP...I don't really know where to look so this is why I post here
:)

Thanks guys,

Guillaume

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using VB.Net and must not serialize
by using SoapFormatter object.

XmlTextWriter and whitespace
Hi, I've a routine that exports a DB query to Excel by building an XmlDocument and saving to a XmlTextWriter. The function works but new lines don't show up, i.e. significant whitespace is cut. I've tried adding WriteAttributeString("xml", "space", null, "preserve") to the XmlTextWriter just prior to save, but that results in the error: "Index was outside the bounds of the array." Can anyone assist? Many thanks, Simon Lane Have you tried playing with the PreserveWhitespace property of XmlDocument? <st@jpa.co.jp> wrote in message...

how do I import a XMLTextWriter into an XMLDOCUMENT?

XmlTextWriter
I am using the XmlTextWriter class to generate some XML however if I try to do something like string str = "cost �500"; xtw.WriteElementString("symbol", str); The � does not get encoded to &#163; like it should. I have tried changing the encoding of it but none of the options (Unicode, UTF8 etc.) perform the encoding correctly. At the moment I have just replaced the above with xtw.WriteStartElement("string"); str = "cost �500"; str = str.Replace("�", "&#163;"); xtw.WriteRaw(str); xtw.WriteEndElement(); Which does the tri...

Web Service using SOAP+UDP
I have written a UDP server and want to make it available as web service I could not find much information about how I can implement UDP over SOAP, consuming SOAP over UDP ... Any help would be appreciated much Thank you Regards Raj On 01-04-2010 00:35, Raj wrote: > I have written a UDP server and want to make it available as web service > > I could not find much information about how I can implement UDP over SOAP, > consuming SOAP over UDP ... > > Any help would be appreciated much SOAP/UDP/IP is not a standard protocol stack. SOAP/HTTP/TCP/IP is...

XmlTextWriter.WriteString
Hi, I've been working on a bug in some production software using XmlTextWriter. Basically, I need to but a Surname in an element, the surname in question is O'Connor. Because of the ' I've used the following code: .WriteStartElement("Surname") .WriteString(client.Surname) .WriteEndElement() assuming that the ' would be encoded to &apos;. It isn't!! Am I missing something here? Regards * Gavin Sullivan wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >I've been working on a bug in some production software using XmlT...

XMLTextWriter and SOAP
Hi guys, I have a task to do where I need to write an XML file into SOAP format. I use XMLTextWriter in order to write my strings to the XML file, but I must convert somehow this xml into SOAP. How can I do that ? Is there a way to do it without hardcoding SOAP attributes and elements ? As exemple, a function that would receive a stream and convert the stream to SOAP...I don't really know where to look so this is why I post here :) Thanks guys, Guillaume Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using VB.Net and must not serialize by using SoapFormatter object. ...

Soap Formatter
How do I fix the following error ? "The type or namespace name 'Soap' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters' (are you missing an assembly reference?)" Here is my source code: public static bool Serialize(System.Object myObject, string writeToXmlPath) { bool state = true; System.Runtime.Serialization.IFormatter formatter = null; System.IO.Stream stream = null; try { /*********************************The next line is the error*********...

looping Datarows with XMLTEXTWRITER
Hi, I am trying to create an XML file from a SQL view that I have in my database. The code woeks fine but I have a problem trying to define an atribute. For example PO number 123 contains 2 lines I wish to write it to the XML file as <PONUM>1 <POLINE>1 <ITEM>Apple</ITEM> </POLINE> <POLINE>2 <ITEM>PEAR</ITEM> </POLINE> </PONUM> I get this at the moment because I can not loop the PO line part <PONUM>1 <POLINE>1 <ITEM>Apple&l...

XmlTextWriter,XmlDocument
Hi all, I need to embed an image to an existing xml file. I guess this is possible using XmlTextWriter.WriteBase64() method. My problem is that XmlTextWriter writes to a new document. How can I edit an existing doc (for example with XmlDocument class) and write an image to it? I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused about the difference between XmlTextWriter and XmlTextDocument. Thanks. Ars Comm - Ciro Ferraiuolo wrote: > Hi all, I need to embed an image to an existing xml file. I guess this is > possible using XmlTextWriter.WriteBase64() method. My problem is that > XmlTextWrit...

Read XML response from SOAP with VB.NET
I am building a Vb.NET Soap Client and i have a problem reading the response of the SOAP message. I need to read the results i have the following code: Dim ws As New WebReference1.PaymentService() Dim test As String test = ws.invoiceAvailability("1", "username", "password").ToString The result stored in the "test: variable is the following: <result code="2"/><contract_id> "1"</contract_id><tax_number> "111111"</tax_number><name> "Cust1 Name1"</name>&l...

determining current element in an XmlTextWriter
Is there a way to determine what the current open XML element is in an XmlTextWriter, without reading back the stream? Thanks. Jon I don't think so. Instead save name of an element being written into a local variable. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to determine what the current open XML element is in an >XmlTextWriter, without reading back the stream? ...

XmlTextWriter
Hello: I would like to output the following XML Element using the XmlTextWriter, but I cannot get it correct: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <SOAP-ENV:Body xmlns:SOAP-SEC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/security/2000-12" SOAP-SEC:id="body"> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have tried the following: xw.WriteStartElement("SOAP-ENV", "Body", "123"); xw.WriteAttributeString("xmlns", "SOAP-SEC&...

Custom Web Service: Soap error in WhoAmI() Method
Hello, Here is the issue: CRM 1.2 installed on Windows 2003 SP1 on the "CRM" domain. I have created a web service that automatically share a case within a team. The web service is called from a Post URL in a workflow rule at the creation of the case. The paramater passed to the Web Service is "incidentid" I have tested the web service locally, by calling the URL in Internet Explorer (logged with my CRMAdmin) and it works perfectly. Now if I try to test from the CRM app locally or remotely (still using my CRMAdmin) it does not work. From the Web service trace I can ...

SDK
Anyone know a way to speed the SDK Soap calls? We've got a QUAD Pentium with 1.5 GB of system memory and the SDK is pretty painful. Thanks, Alex Waddell awaddell _a+t_ codestrike /d_o_t/ com -- remove underscores to email Thanks for the reply -- Is there a new proxy dll, or is the new SDK just the new CHM file (that I have)? Thanks, Alex -- remove underscores to email "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u97602AQDHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Make sure you are using the latest SDK as there has been a new release > >...

xmlTextWriter #2
Hello, How do I use this class to create an XML document without saving it into a file? I need to store the XML documen into a string so it could be passed as a parameter to another class. Gilgamesh Create an XmlTextWriter through the constructor which takes in a TextWriter. You could create a StringWriter instance of the abstract TextWriter class and store the content written by the XmlTextWriter is that string without ever persisting it into a file. Thanks, Zafar "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh4ever@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23B$UHWRVGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >...

newlines with XmlTextWriter
Hi, I would like to use an XmlTextWriter to format the XML so that each element (or end element) appears on a new line, regardless of newlines in the original document. The effect I'm looking for is something similar to XMLSpy's pretty print. I realise that, since whitespace is signiifcant, I am not going to get out exactly the correct DOM document output, but I am formatting for readability not automatic processing. I can't see anything in XmlTextWriter or XmlWriterSettings to enable this. is it possible? TIA Andy Andy Fish wrote: > I would like to use an XmlText...

XMLTextWriter and XMLTextReader
I am looking for a way to open an xmltextwriter to append to an existing document. Currently I rename the existing document, then I created new one and copy over all the existing documents nodes. I would rather avoid renaming the files. These files can become quite large so I need to avoid loading an xmldocument as well. Does anyone have a pointer for me to review? Thanks in advance. I think I am going to go with this concept http://www.tkachenko.com/blog/archives/000053.html, I think it will suit my needs just fine. "amdrit" <amdrit@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

XmlTextWriter and QuoteChar ???
Hi, I'm trying to specify single-quotes to be used in xmlAttributes as follows : XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter (filename, null); writer.QuoteChar = (char)39; --> but he still generates double quotes ??? thnx for your help Chris Chris, I found this in a book and it works great for double quotes: xtw.QuoteChar = """"c you could try this for single quotes: xtw.QuoteChar = "''"c HTH... Scott "Chris" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to specify single-quotes to be used in xmlAttributes as follows : > ...

XmlTextWriter: Why is endElement not written using the WriteEndElement with WriteRaw
Can somebody explain why the endElement (</items>) in the following sample is not written? Public Sub Test() Dim objMem As New MemoryStream Dim objWriter As New XmlTextWriter(objMem, New System.Text.ASCIIEncoding) Dim strXMLResult As String objWriter.WriteStartDocument() objWriter.WriteStartElement("items") objWriter.WriteRaw(GetItem(1)) objWriter.WriteEndElement() 'Why is this endElement not writen? objWriter.WriteEndDocument() objWriter.Flush() objWriter.Close() strXMLResult = S...

getting the xml from XmlTextWriter
We have an app that uses the XmlTextWriter to write XML to the local disk. It works and it's great. Now they want to write it to the database instead. Is there a way that I can just get the XML out of the XmlTextWriter? I looked at the XmlTextWriter class and can't seem to figure out how to take the XML out of it. I want to do this dim x as string x = XmlTextWriter.XML Thanks in advance, Rob * SneakyMonki wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >We have an app that uses the XmlTextWriter to write XML to the local disk. It >works and it's great. Now they want to write i...

SOAP error when connect to project server
I have an installation of Project 2007 Professional w/SP2 and i've been trying to connect up to our Project server but i get an error saying that the Office SOAP toolkit component is not installed correctly. I have a mixed office environment, where Project 2007 is the only 2007 office product i'm using and the rest is office XP SP3. Has anyone got any ideas on how to solve this issue? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01CA9A91.D92F4690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-p...

XmlTextReader and XmlTextWriter
Hi - I am trying to read an XML file using XmlTextReader and write it out using XmlTextWriter. The XML is XHTML. At the moment, I am trying to create a straightforward copy of a file. The XHTML file contains nodes and attributes (with there own namespace) that will later be used to alter the XML into a desired output. This 'copying' is the first stage to then processing the XML to the desired output I have included the code below. If I put debug stops on in the appropriate place, the reader is correctly and moving through the XML. However, the XML writing is incorrect. It seem...

using XmlTextWriter

Problem with XmlTextWriter
Hi, I am currently trying to output my environment variables to a file in XML. It's currently failing with an InvalidOperationException when it executes the xw.WriteStartElement("Variable") for the second time. The exception details are: "Token StartElement in state Epilog would result in an invalid XML document." I'm sure it's something obvious. What am I missing? Regards, Tony XmlTextWriter xw = new XmlTextWriter(@"C:\test.xml",Encoding.UTF8); xw.WriteStartDocument(); foreach (DictionaryEntry de in Environment....

Best way to Post Soap Message to a non-WSDL Web Service
I am a VB.NET application developer that has used WSDL Web services before but now I am tasked with sending data to a non-WSDL web service by creating a SOAP message in an XML package and POSTing to the web service. I have never done this before and would like to know if anyone has an idea on which classes to use to make this occur and how to set them up. I don't have a problem with forming the soap message and putting that into the XML file. How do I do the post to the web services? Any help would greatly be appreciated. James Wallace "TexasAggie96" <jrwallace96@msn.co...