XmlTextReader and 2GB file limit

Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger
than 2GB?  I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version
with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package
restrictions.

Best wishes,
Hugh McFadden

hugh.mcfadden@visiongain.com

Hugh McFadden wrote:

> Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger
> than 2GB?  I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version
> with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package
> restrictions.
Sorry for lame question, I've never tried to process so enourmous documents,
but what's the problem exactly is? Do you get any exception or something?
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

0
oleg7603 (294)
7/29/2003 5:22:14 PM
Hugh McFadden wrote:

> Yes, you're right, I get this exception:
> System.IndexOutOfRangeException:
> Index was outside the bounds of the array.
>    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.SetElementValues()
>    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseElement()
>    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
>    at GetXMLFragment.CountXMLElements.getCounts()
Hmmm, it's too few info. In Rotor sources I don't see nothing in
SetElementValues method which could cause IndexOutOfRangeException, probably
it happens deeper in XmlScanner.
It's tempting to debug it under Rotor, but the file is so huge I cannot
download it at work, only at home in the evening.
Which .NET version are you using?
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog
Multiconn Technologies, Israel

0
oleg7603 (294)
7/30/2003 8:57:00 AM
I am using v1.1 of the framework on Win2k3.

I think it is this particular line:
int offset = _Scanner.StartPos;

When the file is bigger than 2GB then that line will assign -1 to offset
(atleast I think, without being able to debug it I can't be sure)

Best Wishes

"Oleg Tkachenko" <oleg@NO_SPAM_PLEASEtkachenko.com> wrote in message
> Hugh McFadden wrote:
>
> > Yes, you're right, I get this exception:
> > System.IndexOutOfRangeException:
> > Index was outside the bounds of the array.
> >    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.SetElementValues()
> >    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseElement()
> >    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
> >    at GetXMLFragment.CountXMLElements.getCounts()
> Hmmm, it's too few info. In Rotor sources I don't see nothing in
> SetElementValues method which could cause IndexOutOfRangeException,
probably
> it happens deeper in XmlScanner.
> It's tempting to debug it under Rotor, but the file is so huge I cannot
> download it at work, only at home in the evening.
> Which .NET version are you using?
> --
> Oleg Tkachenko
> http://www.tkachenko.com/blog
> Multiconn Technologies, Israel

Importing .dbx files and .wab files into Outlook 2002
When moving from a computer with Windows ME to one with XP, I "compacted" all the files in Outlook Express from the ME machine, saved them to a disk and tried to import them into Outlook 2002 on the XP machine. I have been unable to do this using the import/export feature in Outlook 2002. How do I do this? I have all the .dbx files and the .wba file from the old machine on a disk. You need to open them in Outlook Express in order to import them into Outlook. OE needs to "translate" the files in order for Outlook to understand the format to import. --� Milly Stap...

File-Send To-Mail Recipient (for Review)
Hi, Can someone explain the procedure ... I expect: - sender (me) creates and sends workbook - recipient changes workbook and returns - in the mean time sender changed things in workbook What must sender do to view both own and others changes? Thank you, Frans Hi, go to see that address http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm It will give exemple you can copy to your workbook. "Frans van Zelm" <fhvzelm@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: eT5aZdq6EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can someone explain the procedure ... > > I expect: > ...

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

XmlTextReader Help!!!

XmlTextReader Question

Why can't I paste an Array command from one file into another file
I readily admit to having only limited knowledge of Excel and would welcome any advice on the following. I have created a workbook which contains data covering a period of three months. This file is named "Sept Oct and Nov" One sheet called "breakdown" consists of a grid which relies on how the data on the DATA sheet is interpreted. What I mean is that in the cells on the grid I have an array command which consists of the following formula =SUM(('Data'!$AD$5:$AD$15000="Tea")*('Data'!$G$5:$G$15000="Bob")*'Data'!$Z$5 :$Z$15000) ...

I can't open my Money 2004 file?
When I try to open my file in Money, I get a message saying my password does not match the user. It was set up to use Passport, but I closed the Passport account and re-opened another one with a different e-mail. I don't know if that is what caused it or not, but I'm screwed now because all my data is in that file! I wish I had never set Money up to work with Passport. Any tips to help me get around this password issue? I am getting the same problem although I haven't changed my Passport. Is this some kind of recurring problem? I don't have any problems with any other ...

File Size #3
Is there a limit to the file size in Excel? I have a workbook with over 150 tabs and the size of the file is 96,800 KB. I am getting strange messages when I try to change font size in the workbook, and eventually get a fatal error, and Excel closes down. I really don't want to split this workbook unless there is no other way. I am a novice in Excel, so please "dummy" down your answer. Thanks I'm kinda surprised you could even work on a workbook that big. Excel seems to bog down for me at the 20-30 meg size. Things work, but they work a lot slower. I'd split ...

XMLTextWriter and XMLTextReader
I am looking for a way to open an xmltextwriter to append to an existing document. Currently I rename the existing document, then I created new one and copy over all the existing documents nodes. I would rather avoid renaming the files. These files can become quite large so I need to avoid loading an xmldocument as well. Does anyone have a pointer for me to review? Thanks in advance. I think I am going to go with this concept http://www.tkachenko.com/blog/archives/000053.html, I think it will suit my needs just fine. "amdrit" <amdrit@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

insert a file for download
Im using publisher to make a website and i need to insert a compressed folder into the site so people can download the file. How to i do this? Sounds like you want to create folder on your web site which will contain a file you want to make available for visitors to download. Assuming the above: While connected to your web site in your ftp create the folder at the IP side. That being done, upload the file you want there into the folder. Somewhere in your web site create the link to the file. This will have the site address and the path to the folder and the name of the file. -- Don V...

increase the database size limit 16 Gb to
Hello, On an Windows 2003 SBS with Exchange server include I would like to increase the database size limit (16 Gb) to a larger size. Is it possible to do that on an Windows 2003 SBS Exchange server ? And how could i do that. Thanks JC Quirin Exchange Server 2003 SP2 introduced a 75GB limit. However, I am unsure if this applies to SBS as they are considered to be different products. Nue "jcquirin@eoc-france.fr" <jcquirineocfrancefr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF6D1266-AC8C-4AD2-816D-12312E8687BB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > On an Windows 2...

Merging Files into a single PDF
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have installed Office Mac 2008, Home &amp; Student Edition, on a new Mac desktop computer along with Acrobat 9 Pro for Mac OS. In Acrobat, combine files, into a single pdf�word .doc and .docx files are not recognized for one step selection, conversion and merger. They must be converted to pdf first and one at a time. Acrobat can only combine and merge pdf's and many other file types but not Word. Adobe tells me that Office 2008 for Mac does not include a macro the allows for the select, convert and mer...

Input position of current Node in XmlTextReader
Hello, Perhaps it's obvious, but I don't find any property in XmlTextReader to obtain the position of the current node. I know that I can obtain the position of the node in the current line (LinePosition) and the line number, but I need to know the position relative to the whole document. Thanks :-) alessnet@gmail.com wrote: > Perhaps it's obvious, but I don't find any property in XmlTextReader > to obtain the position of the current node. > I know that I can obtain the position of the node in the current line > (LinePosition) and the line number, but I need to ...

file size question
i have a workshbook that uses vlookups to a separate workbook. the file jumped from 29kb to 2,068kb. is that normal? or are there things i can do to bring that file size back down? Hi James, I had the same with one of my files. It appeared that i had applied formatting and formulas to whole colums and rows, that seems to take a lot of memory. So i tried to apply the formatting and formulas to only the cells for which it was neccesary. That worked for my files. HTH Fred "James" <james@guidant.com> schreef in bericht news:e$rWN2xTEHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > i...

how to remove password pretected excel file
Hi, We use Excel 2003 on Windows XP. We have an user left company with a excel file password protected. My boss want to open it. How can I help my boss open this file? Any help will be appreciated! thanks in advance! Lisa In article <3A1869D6-5D90-47FC-AED7-C0170EB1C159@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?= <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We use Excel 2003 on Windows XP. We have an user left company with a excel >file password protected. My boss want to open it. How can I help my boss open >this file? > >Any help will be appreciated! Se...

Log files filling disk up
We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. Any advice on hoe these logfiles can be managed would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave Are you doing Exchange-aware full online backups? On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Dave Marshall" <dj_marshall@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. > >It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and >within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. > >Any advice...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

How can I limit who can send to specific users and groups?
We have "resource mailboxes" as well as distribution groups that we would like to limit who can actually send emails/meeeting request/etc to them. How do we go about doing that? For example, we would like to say "Only users A-D can send to Distribution group A and NO external users will be able to send to that group". Or, "Only users A-D can send to user E, and NO external people can send to use E" Im sure this is simple, but im spacing it out... Thanks! Rob Dist Group | Properties | Exchange General | Message Restrictions. "Authenticated Only" = ...

Cannot embed AVI file
I know this has been asked often and I have searched through the discussions but I'm still not sure why I cannot embed an avi video using the Insert>Picture>Video option. Also, I can not embed an mpg file. Do I actually have to PUBLISH my website to the server before the video will show? When I click to preview, I get the small square with the red, blue and green shapes. What am I missing here? I swear I was able to do this before. I have been told that all the frontpage extensions are installed on the server. I was able to embed a wmv file using the wmv plug-...

Opening a File?
A co-worker of mine can edit an Excel 2003 file loaded from our company Intranet site, but I can't. It loads for me, but I can't save changes ever since a hard drive replacement. Why is that? Is there a setting I have to change? ...

Combine Files??
Me and my Fiancee both use Money 2004. We will be getting married in August. What would be the easiest way to combine the 2 files together so that we can both access our acounts, so money can estimate our taxes,...etc. I have been using money since 2001 so I have a lot of info that I would rather not lose. Thanks for your help Donnie In microsoft.public.money, Donnie wrote: >Me and my Fiancee both use Money 2004. We will be >getting married in August. What would be the easiest way >to combine the 2 files together so that we can both >access our acounts, so money ca...

PST File #6
How do I create a new PST file and make it my default delivery location Appreciate your help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can create the new file using File | New. More precise instructions depend on your version of Outlook, which you didn't mention. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:joevara.1138dz@ou...

Log changes to Excel file
Is there any way to keep a track of changes made to an Excel file? I need to make a file that is open for changes to several people. But, I need to keep track of who changes what when. My ideal is to have a kind of logfile that keeps track of the user, the time he edits what, and even if he saves the changes. Is this possible? Thanks If you share the workbook you can track changes. From help on track changes "History worksheet Excel can display a separate worksheet that provides full details in list form, so that you can filter to find changes of interest and print the infor...

Get data from Access file
HI All, Is it possible to populate a cell from a cell (if that=92s what it=92s called) in an Access file? The access file is called qcpProg.mdb in a directory level one above the excel file. The data is in the tProduct table, UnitCost field (currency), with the Product Code field (text) that is equal to Joseph4. It would save me a lot of manual updates if I could do this. Thanks! Michele Hi Michele, In excel 2000, I use Data> Get External Data> New Database query. Would that work in your case? Dan Try this. You'll need to add a reference to the AD...

Emails from PST file
I have been informed that I have downloaded my emails from Hotmail into a PST file such that I cannot view my old emails from the hotmail webpage. How can I get the emails pushed back into the Hotmail webpage and to show up on my outlook? I am running outlook 2007 on windows 7 32bit "Stephen K" <StephenK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C7BC6BA-77FD-471E-9F65-1E074A3143CF@microsoft.com... > I have been informed that I have downloaded my emails from Hotmail into a > PST > file such that I cannot view my old emails from the hotmail...