XMLSPY Question

Altova posted an announcement regarding XMLSPY 2008 stating it can
handle much larger files.

So how large is large?

Does it load the entire XML document into memory, or does it stream,
like xmlreader?

I read it has spyware so am reluctant to download the trial version. I
did download Stylus Studio and it appears to be a DOM based system.

I transform very large xml documents for my clients and some of these
files are over 500Mb. I even did noe that was almost 3Gb.  I wote some
tools with xmlreader/writer that split the files, but requires some
hard-coding for each one. sure would be nice to have a windows based
tool that would be a bit more automated. I hear there are things on
unix, but that does not help me.

Bill

peltiertech question
I'm attempting to create colored vertical bands on a chart using directions from peltiertech. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html I can't get multiple bands (the last step at bottom of the webpage). I end up getting what looks like steps- I can't get them to extend the whole length of the graph. Any ideas? Thanks, AL What's the data look like? How are the steps oriented? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Brighella wrote: > I'...

Calendar Archive Questions
I have more than 10 years of data in my Outlook calendar which makes it very large. I sneakerware the whole calendar from office to home on a regular basis so that both are up to date. I would like to archive, say five years, on a one time basis so that I didn't have to carry that portion but could access it at any time from either computer. I would just carry the more recent data. Could someone explain how do to a "one time" archive of a calendar. I am somewhat confused by the information in the help file and don't want to lose data. Thank you. In news:u...

question
Is it possible to create Internet Account Files (IAF) automaticly, based on an SQL database for example? So you don't have to setup the accounts manually? The question came up when I, owner of a hostingcompany, had problems with a client that wasn't capable to set up Outlook...? ...

Ann: Altova announces FREE XMLSPY Home Edition and releases new version 2004r4 of XMLSPY, MAPFORCE, and STYLEVISION
Altova (http://www.altova.com) producers of Altova XMLSPY, the world's leading XML (eXtensible Mark-up Language) development environment, today announced that the Home Edition of its award-winning XMLSPY product is now being offered to the public through a FREE software license. In addition, Altova just announced the immediate availability of Version 2004 Release 4 (v2004r4) of its entire product line. Far more than a typical interim release, v2004r4 provides major enhancements across the product line, ranging from advanced editing features and new data integration capabilities to user i...

Question on mixing MFC and Winform
We had some problems (I posted earlier about overlapping windows that may be transparent, draw order etc). Well we got the drawing working more or less but there is quite a bit of flicker. I was curious if we switched to WinFroms if perhaps things might work better. Our app is an unmanaged MFC app (we don't really use any of the Doc/View support). I've started reading and researching mixing of WinForms with MFC. I'm curious if I replace the CView with CWinFormsView and then create child windows of the type CWinFormsControl if this may help. But I'm not finding mu...

A Question to the Gurus
Hi, I am developing an application with several components in it. The main application will have a GUI and there are several components like BHO, MS Office Addins, Clipboard trackers etc. I have a problem here. These components should communicate with the main application by some means. It has to pass some events or some values to the main application. I will be creating both the components and the main application and I would like to know, the best method to connect the components to the main application. I have pretty good exposure to COM and Windows programming. Also Is it possible...

follow-up question regarding secondary Y-axes
Using John Peltier's advice from 10/20/05 "problem with column charts and two Y axes in Excel 2003", I was able to create a chart that has columns for each of three series (one on the primary axis and two on the secondary axis). All would be well with the world, except that the two series on the secondary axis I need to appear as a stacked bar (one is a total, and the other is a piece of that same total). Is that possible? Thanks, Patience Select one of the two columns you want to stack, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and choose the Stacked Column option. - Jon ...

Quick Questions
I have been tasked with creating an excel template for tracking time per specific jobs. I have 2 quick questions I hope someone can help me with. First. I have some standard formulas that total up certain columns in each row. These formulas will repeat in each row but I need to change the row number in each formula when I go from one row to the next. Is there anyway I can automate this so that everytime I start a new row I can copy from the row above but not have to change the row numbers? That it would automatically know we are in a new row and use the corresponding row number. Let me...

Conditional format question
What formula is suitable to determine if a value in 'B' is not present in A:A example: oranges are in B3 but can not be found anywhere in A:A for example =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B1,A:A,1,FALSE))=TRUE,"not found",VLOOKUP(B1,A:A,1,FALSE)) Click yes if helped -- Greatly appreciated Eva "Gotroots" wrote: > What formula is suitable to determine if a value in 'B' is not present in A:A > > example: > > oranges are in B3 but can not be found anywhere in A:A If you're looking for a conditional formatting formula... =ISNA(M...

Recovery Group Question
Hi all, My boss asked me to figure out an interesting question and I didn't know the answer. Say we have an Exchange 2000 server and something happens and we need to move it to an Exchange 2003 box. Assume that there are no backups, but we have the Exchange database files, and logs, are we able to use the recovery groups in Exchange 2003 to mount an Exchange 2000 database? Before I get flamed here, no this hasn't happened and yes we backup ALL of our servers...so this is more of a functional question, will it work? Thanks! Michael Fairly certain this will work with Exch...

Questions about userinstances
I just installed sql express and have some questions. I use aspnet and sql to create a database. I can do it with userinstance true or false. they seem like two different spaces. That is I seem to be able to have databases in each. I installed with the default instance. Do I now actually have four instances: ..\SQLExpress userinstance true ..\ userinstance true ..\SQLExpress userinstance false ..\ userinstance false I doubt the above is true but I'm confused about what I see and don't know what to ask. When...

handout question
I'm trying to print 4 slides to a page, under page set it seems to be set to 4 per page. However under print preview it only shows one. Could it be a printer issue, that my printer will not print mulitples to 1 page? > I'm trying to print 4 slides to a page, under page set it seems to be set > to > 4 per page. However under print preview it only shows one. Could it be a > printer issue, that my printer will not print mulitples to 1 page? There are two ways to concatenate four slides on one page of paper: - Use printer settings. Not all printers might o...

the questions
i have 4 questions to ask ... any help is appreciated 1- NNTP Master/Subordinate config can be said as master/slave config ??? 2- What is news feed, subordinate feed and a peer feed and usenet host ??? 3- Can you send me a link for a complete guide to config OWA ??? 4- By creating fail over cluster of exchange 2003, the settings we change and make on one node automatically propagates to other nodes on the same cluster ??? Thankyou ... 1/2 Read this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268092/en-us 3 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/depguide.mspx http://s...

AutoCompleteExtender question
Can the AJAX AutoCompleteExtender be set to show results in that *contain* the string typed in a textbox rather than *begin with* the typed string? E.g., "1000 Brussels" should still show up when "Bru" is typed... Thx for your help! Jokke Hello, > Can the AJAX AutoCompleteExtender be set to show results in that *contain* > the string typed in a textbox rather than *begin with* the typed string? IMO yes but I don't remember to have tried. AFAIK it just pass the string to your service and will display whatever is returned by your service r...

dget or dsum? that is the question
I want to add a reminder line to my excel workpage. I have a list of dates that I have certain appointments, also I have a countdown of the number of days until that appointment. All of this data is already in a table. What I need it to do is to count the number of appointments I have in the next 7 days. When using the dget or the dsum, I get an error #VALUE Database: SST (name of the range the database is in) Field: 3 Criteria: <7 In the criteria line, it wants text, I dont understand why it wont take a number when a number is what I am looking for. Any help would be appreci...

Question about saving a layout
I like to zoom all documents I'm working on to 185% in Page View in Microsoft Word for Mac 2004. I'd like this to be the default view when I open any Word documents. How can I save this workspace so every document is opened at 185% zoom? Every time I save my document in this zoom, when I open it again its back to 122% zoom. I've looksed in prefs, but can find no settings. Thanks! Hello Michael, You should find that documents will re-open with the same zoom value you had when you closed them (and the same view, e.g. Page Layout view). To have blank new documents open at 185...

A couple of questions?
Hi! I have a Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 installed. In Exchange 2003 System Manager\Recipients\Recipient Policies\Default policy in E-Mail Addresses (Policy) tab, i have two different @dyndns adresses. So when i create a new user in AD they get both username@dyndns1.com and username@dyndns2.com as e-mail adresses when the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" is marked. I want to make some users that only use their accounts to log on to OWA and only get one of the @dyndns adresses. But when i unmark "Automatically......." and remove ...

XMLSPY Question
Altova posted an announcement regarding XMLSPY 2008 stating it can handle much larger files. So how large is large? Does it load the entire XML document into memory, or does it stream, like xmlreader? I read it has spyware so am reluctant to download the trial version. I did download Stylus Studio and it appears to be a DOM based system. I transform very large xml documents for my clients and some of these files are over 500Mb. I even did noe that was almost 3Gb. I wote some tools with xmlreader/writer that split the files, but requires some hard-coding for each one. sure would be nice to...

Copy drawing question
Greetings, In my work, I find it necessary to make a copy of an entire drawing, then make a few changes and end up with two or more cases. I do this copy by inserting a new page, selecting all on the original drawing, grouping them, and then copying and pasting them onto the new page. Some of the starting drawings were created by others. In many cases, the copy ends up with the Visio tags vs. the names assigned in the original. Renaming takes a long time. Is there a way, maybe VB programming, that would copy the drawing with the same names? I guess in you were programming the copy you...

Help!! Access Database Question
I am trying to make a database for an office that will help to organize many resumes. I would like the database to be able to sort through the employees information and help me find resumes that match what I am looking for. For example, the database will include how long each employee has worked with the company. I would like to be able to search employees that have worked with the company for 25 years and have Access pull up those resumes. Is this even possible in Access? Any help would be great! Please email me @ csnow2@mail.csuchico.edu, I check that email more frequently. CSNOW wro...

[Question]: Store special folders on IMAP Server
We are currently using IMAP protocol for email using OE but I find that using MS Outlook backup / keep archive old mails are more better than OE. Then I tried to setup our IMAP accnt in Outlook. But there are no "Store special folders on IMAP server" item for selected whiled OE has this item. So after I sent mails, sent mails are only stored at local computer. But I can store mails on IMAP server if uses OE which can set store special folders on IMAP server. My Outlook version is 2000. Is this version has no function as OE ("Store special folders on IMAP server" ) or O...

Questions???
I have 2 questions that I would like to see if they can be answered. I have a worksheet that begins with an item #. An example of an item number is 432-0980,432-1105. The first 3 digits designate where it belongs. Is there a way that I can count these item numbers by just the first 3 digits? My second question, how can I implement this counting of item numbers across 40 workbooks to one Summary Page? "Metalteck" wrote: > I have 2 questions that I would like to see if they can be answered. > > I have a worksheet that begins with an item #. An example of an item numb...

VS2005 vs XMLSpy
Hi there! A "special" project team in our department has decided to purchase XMLSpy. We standardize on VS2005 as our IDE and up to now everyone has used the XML parser in VS2005. Are there advantages to using XMLSpy over VS2005? Apparently there are "integration diagrams" that VS2005 does not have natively. Does someone have a link or a MVP have some comparison I could have? Warmly Adrian Gumby, Having used both XmlSpy and vs2005, I'd sooner cut off my legs than go without XMLSpy. Some things that are hard to do in VS2005: 1. Xslt Transformations (just hit ...

SQL question
My users want to email out certain reports to the user group when they are done with their tasks every week. I have sql scripts for these reports. I am thinking of creating SSIS package with these sql scripts and have the package email out the report. Everything works great so far. The only thing is that I need the users to run this package and they cant have access to the server. The user workstations dont have sql 2005 client installed either. How can I have the users manually trigger start the SSIS package on the server? Has anyone come across this scenario? Thank you. Jack, A ...

SUMIF question (although, I think I'm using the wrong function)
I have a 2 column log that tracks incoming call amounts from agents identified as 6 digit numbers CCOOAA - County, Office, Agent#: 171917 4 174327 6 171629 9 174327 13 172832 5 I want to add another table that takes ONLY the first 4 digits from the 6 digit number, then adds the totals from their call amounts. IN the example above, for 174327, it would equal 19. (13+6). =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A5,4)="1743"),--(B1:B5)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Ashley" wrote: > I have a 2 column log that tracks incoming call amounts from agen...