XmlSerializer and blank namespace

In 1.1, I could do this:

XmlSerializer xs  = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Doodad));
XmlSerializerNamespaces ns = new XmlSerializerNamespaces();
ns.add("", "");
xs.Serialize(writer, doodad, ns);

and it produced:

<doodad>
</doodad>

In 2.0, the same code produces:

<doodad xmlns="">
</doodad>

Any idea why and how to get rid of the blank namespace?

0
jihohan1 (5)

how to hide blank duplicates
I want to find duplicate entries in column A of a spreadsheet and have entered the following in col B =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A$1,A1)>"Y","") This finds the duplicates and enters a "Y" where appropriate but unfortunately it also enters "Y" when it finds a blank cell in Col A Is there a way around this? TIA Use the example on this page Mighty http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Mighty Magpie" <mighty.magpie@home> wrote in message news:F...

Check colume if it is not blank
I want to check another columes if one of columes are not blank. For example, I need to check B2,C2,D2,E2 & F2. If B2 is not blank, then A2 will show "1". If D2 & F2 is not blank, it will show "3" in A2. Thats mean A2 need to show the first item which is not blank. Does any expansion can do it? Maybe... =INDEX(B2:F2,MATCH(TRUE,B2:F2<>"",0)) This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you do it correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula. (don't type them yourself.) "����" wrote: ...

Blank Cell if next cell value is 0
Hello: Please help me with this one: I like to have these cells: A1: Blue A2: 0 A3: Red A4: 1 A5: Green A6: 0 A7: Yellow A8: 7 convert to these: A1: A2: 0 A3: Red A4: 1 A5: A6: 0 A7: Yellow A8: 7 (if A2 value is 0 (zero), A1 should be blank and so on... Thanks in advance. Dervish Hi do you want a macro solution for this? or would be an output an an adjancent column be sufficient? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dervish" <dervishme@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:400aa860.0410281053.2aa1e388@posting.google.com... > Hello: > > Please help m...

XmlSerializer Collection with Collections

populated sheet, saved blank
On a Win2000 network, with Win98 and Win2000 clients and different versions of Office installed, a group of people work on an excel spreadsheet throughout the day. Never at the same time though. Each one save their additions to the file. At the end of the day the file is empty! This doesn't happen all the time but enough to bug us. Any ideas? Hi Tony, Is everyone using the same version of Excel or do the Win2k machine have a newer version than the 98 ones ? You also might want to check who edited the file last (your IT peopl can do this) to see if the issue is PIBCAK. If the...

Entourage messages blank after installing SP2
Just installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and now when ever a user sends an email using Entourage on Mac OS X, the email appears blank in the Windows Outlook Client. That's not right (school of the blindingly obvious). Confirm IMAP4 is there correctly as a connector and for wierd problems like this I tend to favour an Exchange restart. "rotaiv" <rotaiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC31B792-7BB9-4205-A735-C966D8522B44@microsoft.com... > Just installed Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and now when ever a user sends an > email using Entourage on Mac OS X...

Blank Header on NDR on Exchange 2003
Running Exchange 2003. Trying to send a message to an outside source, but I'm getting an NDR 'due to abuse'. The place I'm trying to send to needs the header info from the NDR to resolve the issue but Exchange is stripping that out. Any idea on how to get it? On 20 Apr 2007 09:16:23 -0700, craigyg69@gmail.com wrote: >Running Exchange 2003. Trying to send a message to an outside source, >but I'm getting an NDR 'due to abuse'. The place I'm trying to send >to needs the header info from the NDR to resolve the issue but >Exchange is stripping tha...

IE8 Blank Tab
Often when clicking a link that opens a new tab, the new tab will either say Blank Page or Connecting without actually connecting to the site. This will happen on 4 to 5 new tabs before finally getting one that will work. This problem happens to me several times a day. Closing IE will fix it temporarily, but resetting the computer is the only thing that will fix it longer term. Even resetting only lasts a couple of hours of use. I'm using a fully updated Win7 machine. Any help would be appreciated. Casey Hi, See if a browser add-on is causing the problem IEBlog...

XmlSerializer
I'm having a basic problem with the XmlSerializer & i'm at my wits end trying to sort it out i have a basic clas <Serializable()> Class Tes Public Name as Strin End Clas when this serializes i wan <Test><Name>Value</Name></Test the problem is if i use the XmlSerializer clas Dim t as Tes t.Name="Value Dim sb As New StringBuilde Dim sw As New StringWriter(sb Dim Serializer As New XmlSerializer(Message.GetType Serializer.Serialize(sw, t Serializer = Nothin Console.Write(sb.ToStr...

formula returning incorrect blanks
Problem: When I enter the following equation into a cell with a blank in cell CH12 or CH13 I get the correct answer (the sum of the cells with numbers in them) but when there is a blank in cell CH14 I get an incorrect answer (in the form of a clank cell). =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(CH12:CH14)),SUM(CH12:CH14),"") Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Elaine Try This: =SUM(CH12:CH14) Your Formual is: =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(CH12:CH14)),SUM(CH12:CH14),"") You will only "SUM" if the statement is TRUE - otherwise you get a NULL or Blank Entry. The ISNUMBER, forces the statem...

Keep Cell Data Blank when Copying It
This is a silly question for me, but: I have a column of cells that are currently blank and another column that is a direct reference to that (i.e., cell AC3=Y3). However, while Y3 remains blank, AC3 instead reflects a 0. How do I make this remain blank until there is a value 0 or higher entered into Y3? This is key because I have formulas referencing AC3 that depend on whether it is blank and the 0 valuation is skewing that. Thank you! Try an IF statement in column AC: =IF(Y3>0,Y3,"") Dave O'Brien Eschew obfuscation Hi =IF(Y3="","...

HOW THE HELL Can I get excell to stop ploting blank cells
I am pulling my hair out over this stupid thing. I am using MS Excel 2003 I have a column of data that I am trying to graph the problem is the column derives its data from a formula in the cell if the formula is true than the cell has a visible data value in it if it is false the cell has no visible data value just the formula value that shows as a blank cell except for in the formula window. My problem is that My plot for my chart is from Cells A1 to A50 which all have formulas but only A1 to A20 actualy has visible value in the spread sheet because the rest of the cells have a formua...

Upgraded to 2005
Upgraded from 2002 to 2005 Trial version Opened the File and there is nothing in there - no accounts - nothing. The money File size is 3500kb Tried to restore a Money 2002 backup file to 2005 and same thing. Any Clue ? Only one: make sure you do the Internet Update of M05, then try upgrading the data file again. If you hadn't done the upgrade, this might help. "Pat Coleman" <pcoleman@foodireland.com> wrote in message news:ue2MWdJ$EHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Upgraded from 2002 to 2005 Trial version > > Opened the File and there is nothing in there -...

ActiveX with password edit control blanks out
Hi, I have an Active X control with some controls in it. Assume the dialog hosts this ActiveX control. The dialog has 1 password edit control apart from this Active X control. The hosting application has XP styles enabled. Now if the dialog is opened and the focus is set to password edit control with CapsLock on. Then I get a balloon by the Windows OS saying "Caps lock is on......" after this balloon is terminated the whole ActiveX vanishes. Only when I move the dialog the ActiveX is re-painted. Any idea to solve this issue ? Any hints/pointers will be good. Regards, Avin...

Can I recover an Excel file that was overwritten w/ a blank file?
I inadvertently saved a blank Excel file over an existing file. E.g., I had a file called "web info". I opened a new Excel worksheet and saved it as "web info". So the original file was overwritten with a blank file. Can I retrieve the original "web info" file and the data? No you cannot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bri_flies" <Bri_flies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:926C4B04-8BF6-4BFA-8C90-8A9FE7299D0F@microsoft.com... > I inadvertently saved a blank Excel file over an existing file. E.g., I had > a file calle...

Blank spaces
I am building a company policy manual using the "multilievel list function" about 50% of the time I wind up with huge gaps between paragraphs. I can usually delete the blank space down to 2 or 3 blank lines but then if i try to close it up to make it look right it winds up deleting the paragraph break and removing the formatting on the following paragraph. Many times I will get it close to looking right and then it will open back up (usually jumping to the next page) as soon as I "touch" it with the cursor. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able t...

Blank email messages from Exchange 2003 clients
We just deployed three new Exchange 2003 servers on Windows 2003 servers. Two of the locations are not having any issues. The third location is having a problem sending emails within the organization. The body of the emails are blank on new messages only. When they reply to a message the text comes through just fine. When messages are sent to an external email address the text is also visible. Has anyone else experienced this issue? ...

Autosum when some cells are blank
Is there a way to autosum so that Excel will ignore the blank cells but still add all of the other cells in a row? I have a large spreadsheet with 1000 rows in it and would like to click on autosum w/o having to change the cell reference. Thanks! If you select your range first, then hit the autosum button, excel put the formula in next row. And one way to select the range is to click on the top cell and shift-click on the bottom cell. (Use the vertical scroll bar to get to the bottom cell.) (yeah, it still might be easier to just remember the first row and adjust the formula.) sue...

XmlSerializer and shared objects (or How to generate IDREFs using XmlSerializer)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C34AC1.11D4FB20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to find a solution that will allow me to use XmlSerializer = to serialize/deserialize a collection of objects where a given object is = shared between two or more other objects, and not create duplicate XML = representations of the shared object, but instead use IDREFs to refer to = the shared object. The XML I'm trying to produce is as follows (where "href" is an IDREF): <...

XmlSerializer and inherited objects
Hi I have a hirachy of classes which are Message(base), then FileMessage and ChatMessage (extended) I want to serialize the objects and when i am deserizaling i dont know if i am getting FileMessage or ChatMessage. So how to get that object and use it I have written following code for serialization public void Send(Message message) { NetworkStream netWorkStream=null; try { XmlSerializer serializer=new XmlSerializer(message.GetType()); netWorkStream=new NetworkStream(_clientSocket); Stream stream=(Stream)netWorkStream; serializer.Serialize(stream,message); } finally { netWorkStrea...

How to not plot blanks
Hi There I'm plotting a line graph on a range of cells and the formula in the series of cells is this: If(C7="Y",SUM($D$6:E7),"") I want the chart to basically add a plot each day so the C column just tells me that the next day has past. At the moment when the value in column C is blank it is plotting these cells as zero and continuing the line. How can I make the line stop when the Value in C is blank? Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks in advance Jamie If you click on Tools -> Options and click on the Charts tab you'll see some ...

.msg emails saved in OL2000 are blank in OL2003
I have Outlook messages that were saved into .msg format using Outlook 2000 and am trying to open them in Outlook 2003. I am able to open them, see the subject the sender and the recipient, however the body of the message is blank. If I copy the message (from Windows Explorer) and paste it into a new message within Outlook 2003 and then click on the attachment, I can see the body. If I take it 1 step further and save the message attachment from within the new message to Windows Explorer, I can open that one with no problem. There must be some setting or change that I must make ...

XMLSerializer Serialize
Iam trying to create a xml file by serializing a custom business object. Iam using a xmltextwriter, but the problem there are invalid characters at the end of the generated file anyone knows a way around it ? tia Dim myStream As New IO.MemoryStream Dim myXMLWriter As New System.Xml.XmlTextWriter(myStream, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) myXMLWriter.Formatting = System.Xml.Formatting.Indented Dim myShipments As OrderShipments myShipments = CType(myOrder.OrderAddresses(0), COrderAddress).Shipments myShipments.ToXML(myXMLWriter) ...

Blank row
I'm entering numbers under a colum, I need the total sum of the colum; But after I enter the last number and press enter it needs to skip with a blank row or cell ? but allways adding the total sum. After the 221 press ente, the cursor will go to the next cell below to enter my next number but allways have that blank row or cell before the total sum. Thank you very much. JA ex: 123 222 111 221 ---> Here is where I need the blank row allways 677 This is the total sum ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post us...

How to I test for a blank time entry?
Hi Guys How do I test for a time-of-day entry being blank? The cell (say A1) is obviously time formatted (hh:mm) but my usual method for the result cell: =IF(A1="","",do whatever) doesn't work because the value in A1 is the wrong type. Have also tried =IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",etc) but that doesn't work either. When A1 is blank, the result cell displays #VALUE. For information, the result cell (formatted as General) contains the following formula: =24*60*IF(A1="","",A1-$C$14). C14 contains another time, so this is basically a time subtractio...