XmlResolver Host Headers

(Apologies if this is not the right newsgroup - if so, please point me in
the correct direction.)

Can anybody tell me a way to set the host header value on a DTD request
through an XmlDocument object?
(I'm using the 1.1 Framework, VB.NET under ASP.NET)

I currently have 2 live systems down because of changes that my credit-card
processing provider has implemented.
When I load the XML string that the provider gives me (which includes a
reference to a DTD file on a particular server), I am receiving an error.
After talking to the techies at the provider, I've been told that the most
likely situation is that the host header is not being set on the DTD
request.

I cannot find any way of setting header details of the XmlResolver or
XmlUrlResolver objects.

(I'm also thinking of nulling the XmlResolver property of the XmlDocument to
stop it loading the DTD at all - however, I don't know what secondary
consequences that would have on the data)

Cheers,
Tom

xml wrote:

> Can anybody tell me a way to set the host header value on a DTD request
> through an XmlDocument object?
> (I'm using the 1.1 Framework, VB.NET under ASP.NET)

If you want to set HTTP headers then you need to use "lower level" APIs
like HttpWebRequest. But even there the documentation on the Headers
property says that 'Host' is not a header that can be set, rather it is
set by the system itself:
<URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.httpwebrequest.headers(VS.71).aspx>

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

email header file
Hello, What does these X-Mailer and X-MimeOLE mean? What does 2800.11158 mean? X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1158 hba2pd, you wrote on 1 Apr 2007 06:39:49 -0700: > X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158 The used version of Outlook Express. You see this version in Outlook Express under ? | Info The actual version on a Windows XP based computer is 6.00.2900.2180 To get the actual updates for OE visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com -- Best Regards Christian Goeller h...

Message Headers question
How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not. At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the message. Thanks, John Upgrade to the newer beta: http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/ Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "John Smith" wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... How can I make the message headers display more prominent so tha...

xmlresolver
Hi, I have the following code and the compiler complains with "method obsolete should pass a xmlResolver to transform method" line 12. 1 private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) 2 { 3 string strmenuPath = Request.PhysicalApplicationPath; 4 XPathDocument oDoc = new XPathDocument(strmenuPath + "\\" + strmenuXml); 5 6 //Create a new transform 7 XslTransform oTrans = new XslTransform(); 8 oTrans.Load(strmenuPath + "\\" + strmenuXsl); 9 // Create the Stream to place the output. 10 System.IO.Stream str = new System.IO.MemoryStream(); 11 ...

exchange 5.5 won't generate well-formed headers
I'm running Outlook 2003, but our Exchange server is 5.5. Frequently I can't report spam because the headers are not generated to RFC standard. In example: Received: from wps-1.merrimac (WPS-1 [192.168.100.9]) by merrexch.merrimac with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2653.13) id K613T18C; Tue, 17 May 2005 13:00:34 -0400 From: "IBM iSource" <vrmmail@us.ibm.com> To: <munged> Subject: ADV: Final reminder from IBM; get a valuable subscription and great gift -- free of cost Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:54:07 -0400 Reply-To: isource@us.ibm.com ...

Custom Header Beginning with a Number
Excel keeps adding a space in front of my custom header text that starts with a number, but does not add that same space when the custom header text starts with a word (i.e., 2004 Study vs. The 2004 Study). Does anyone know why or have a solution? Do you mean the difference between: " 2004 Study" and "2004 Study" I just tried it in xl2002 and couldn't duplicate this. What version of excel are you using? Maybe someone with that version will jump in. Tanya E wrote: > > Excel keeps adding a space in front of my custom header text that starts with a number...

Email Header #2
How do I print the email headers in Outlook 2003 automatically? Woody Watkins wrote: > How do I print the email headers in Outlook 2003 automatically? I don't know of any way to do that - certainly nothing built in. What is it you're trying to do, exactly? ...

$19.99 Unlimited Space !
$19.99 Unlimited Space ! Managed Hosted Microsoft Exchange Server & 30 day FREE trial ! http://www.DataSyncPros.com Outlook was ment to be on Exchange - Experience the power ! Access your email, calendar, contacts & task list from anywhere! Provide shared access to co-workers in real-time...24/7 DataSyncPros Hosted Exchange Solution allows your business to communicate and collaborate more efficiently and effectively. Using Microsoft=AE Outlook 2003 software and features, DataSyncPros Hosted Exchange offers real-time access to your Outlook profile (email, calendar, task list and a...

Need to Change Hosts File
Running Windows XP SP3. Computer recently got infected. Found trace of virus in the HOSTS file. It will not let me make changes to the HOSTS file or delete it. I compared Hosts file characteristics with another computer that is not infected. On the clean computer it is classified as a File compared to a System File on the infected plus the attribute is set for Read-Only on the infected. I manually changed it to read-write but still cannot make changes or delete it. Thanks. Manny Make sure the system is completely clean. Try to do the same in Safe mode. You can also t...

Message header sorting
When I click on the column head, the message headers sort on that field. If I sort, say, subject, in ascending order, that's what it does. If I then click another field, it reverses the sort to descending! Sometimes it keeps the ascending/descending of the previous column sort, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't tried all the permutations of sort-this-way, then that-way, but it seems inconsistent on whether it reverses the direction or not, though it seems *very fond* of sorting date *descending*. What gives? Is there *any* reasoning behind this behavior? bj It...

XmlResolver.Credentials
I have this code from an example on the MSDN site: Dim rdr As New XmlTextReader("http://localhost/bookstore/book.xml") rdr.XmlResolver.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.Load(rdr) However, I get an error under rdr.XmlResolver, saying that it is Write Only. I have imported the appropriate namespaces (Net, Xml, Xml.Schema), yet it says the code isn't valid. I also had similar problems using XmlValidatingReader.XmlResolver.Credentials (complaining that it is Write-only). Does anyone know why? cashdeskma...

EMAIL HEADER CHANGES
Is there a way to adjust email headers. My emails have the IP address of our internal server and I want to remove it. Emails still have the IP address of our external mailserver so removing the internal servers local IP address is OK to do. '...from company.com ([10.0.0.4]..... Thanks JAD "JAD" <listgrove@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >Is there a way to adjust email headers. > >My emails have the IP address of our internal server and I want to remove >it. > >Emails still have the IP address of our external mailserver so removing the >internal servers loc...

Hosted Solution
Hi Guys im looking for a hosted solution in exchange 2k3 sp2 it is possible ? and one more thing if i host more then one public email domains on one physical server then how i can define different logon pages for each email hosted domain thanks Ali On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 23:57:05 -0800, Syed Ali <SyedAli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys >im looking for a hosted solution in exchange 2k3 sp2 it is possible ? and >one more thing if i host more then one public email domains on one physical >server then how i can define different logon pages for each email hosted ...

CRM hosting service
I have some questions when we do CRM hosting service: - Is the hosted server must be the second domain controller of client's domain. - And so do we need each server for each client we do the service? Thank you. ...

Application Service Providing, Hosted Exchange
We are thinking of hosting exchange 2003 for a dozen small businesses, 5 - 10 client PCs her business. We are going to setup Site-Site VPNs to our network. I was curious if anyone knew of any links or whitepapers on the best way to setup Exchange for this? Thanks:) Douglas I'd start here: http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/hostedexchange/default.asp Douglas wrote: > We are thinking of hosting exchange 2003 for a dozen small businesses, 5 - > 10 client PCs her business. We are going to setup Site-Site VPNs to our > network. I was curious if anyone knew of any...

Running headers with a logo
Dear Experts: I would like to place a logo as a running header on even and odd pages of the current document: It has the following setup Page Layout: =95 Different even and odd headers and footers =95 Mirror Margins The logo (c:\CompanyLogo.png) to be inserted should have the following properties: =95 Picture Layout: in front of text =95 Picture Position: Horizontal: Book layout, outside of margin Vertical: Absolute position, 1.4 cm below Page I know the code to insert headers programmatically such as sect.PageSetup.OddAndEvenPagesHeaderFooter =3D True s...

How do I alternate headers on facing pages?
This may have been answered before on this group, but a search of existing posts doesn't yield anything. I've been setting up a book to publish, a catalog really, based up the contents of a database. Publisher 2003 makes easy work of this, but I need to be able to add the author's name as a header for the odd numbered pages, and the the chapter title for the even numbered pages, and so far several purchases of books, and trips to the library has yielded nothing. Is publisher 2003 capable of doing this? This is so basic to book publishing that I'd be surprised if it doesn...

Hide smtp mail header
Hi, Is it possible to hide the mail header? An example from a telnet session: 220 hexchange.exchange.domXX.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.37 90.1830 ready at Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:27:29 +0200 I know cisco's fixup can do it, but I only have a NAT -firewall. Best Regards Martin Use the adsutil.vbs script in inetpub\scripts to change the banner: adsutil.vbs set smtpsvc/1/connectresponse "Your banner text here" RFC 2821 requires the 220 response and fqdn of server - you can change fqdn as well if you want but it's not recommended in most cases. -- Bharat S...

What does 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' mean???
I've got the following code. But the XSLTransform line is underlined by the blue squiggle and vs tells me c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Sites\RiderDesign\articles\test.aspx.vb(37): 'Public Sub Transform(input As System.Xml.XPath.IXPathNavigable, args As System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, output As System.IO.Stream)' is obsolete: 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' What the heck does this mean? Thanks... Dim XMLDoc As New XmlDocument XMLDoc.Load(Server.MapPath("files/since1968_interview_zeldman.xml")) Dim XSLTrans As New Xsl.XslTransform XSLTrans.Load(Server.M...

Can't setup multiple smart hosts #2
Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow outbound. On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid": FQDN1;FQDN2 or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5] If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not multiples of either. Any ideas why? Thanks ...

Headers on a Shared Workbook
We have a shared workbook on a network which is being accessed by two users. The workbook is not saved on either of the two computers who are accessing it. All of the changes that are being made in the workbook are being saved correctly so that each of the users sees the same changes. However, when one user changed and saved the header (file, page setup, header/footer tab) it did not show up on the other users computer. The header that was used prior to the save showed up. When both users open the file at the same time, they see different headers. How can one Excel file have two differe...

Synchronizing Headers
i cannot received mails, sending is completed. The error says : Access the account is denied. Verify the username and password are correct. The server responded Forbidded. Please help. Thanks Karen wrote: > i cannot received mails, sending is completed. The error says : Access the > account is denied. Verify the username and password are correct. The server > responded Forbidded. > > Please help. > > Thanks We are to GUESS as to who is your e-mail provider? Might it be Hotmail (based of the extremely terse and mispelled "forbidded"...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

SQL Express 2005 concurrent use of hosted and user instances
We have an application that makes use of a SQL Express 2005 database for temporary storage of transaction data. The database is hosted locally (as the default instance name SQLEXPRESS) and is accessed via TCP using .NET native client support. Over several years and hundreds of installations this was worked flawlessly, until recently. We have been experiencing periodic corruption issues across a large number of related installations. The corruption has been observed in one of two forms: 1) the MDF and LDF files get out of sync. 2) The master database gets damaged rendering...

Do you block messages that contain "MIME header malformed" ?
I installed the anti-spam MailEssentials v10 and I have an option to block messages that contain "malformed MIME headers". I would like to know what's the optimal setting to take advantage of such feature and avoid false positives ? Is that something you would enforce ? Personally, I would block them. On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:38:50 -0800, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brownj@hotmail.com> wrote: >I installed the anti-spam MailEssentials v10 and I have an option to block >messages that contain "malformed MIME headers". > >I would like to kno...

List control column header
Hi, I'm using listctrl in report view, How to fix the width of the column ? (i.e., the user should not be able to increase or decrease the width of the columns). Thank you. Handle HDN_BEGINTRACK notification and return TRUE -- Vipin Aravind <rajashekaraj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138080061.880077.242000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm using listctrl in report view, How to fix the width of the column ? > (i.e., the user should not be able to increase or decrease the width of > the columns). > > Thank you. > ...