XmlNode Enum Test

Is there a way to test if an XmlNode represents an enum?

0
paul419 (11)

Paul wrote:

> Is there a way to test if an XmlNode represents an enum?

I don't understand the question, XmlNode is an abstract base class for
several derived classes like XmlDocument, XmlDocumentFragment,
XmlAttribute and others.
How do you think does an XmlDocument or XmlDocumentFragment for instance
look that "represents an enum"?

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thi - http://thith.blogspot.com

0
thi1981 (20)

XmlNode
When an XmlNode method returns an XmlNode, such as a child, is this generated on-the-fly or is it the actual component of the internal tree structure? If the parent is moved in the tree, will the pointer remain valid? I have looked at as much of the structure as I can using .NET Reflector and I think it will, but I want to be sure. I 'm planning to add XmlNodes to the Tag property of TreeNodes in a TreeView to be able to persist changes back to the document and I would like to know if this will take up any more memory than when they are not linked in this way, or if it is better to...

Serializing enum data members
The serialize function below won't compile. I get the following message: error C2679: binary '>>' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type 'enum CEntity::CreationProcesses' (or there is no acceptable conversion) The problem is the "CreationProcess" data member, which is defined like enum CreationProcesses {NONE, A, B, C}; CreationProcesses CreationProcess = NONE; Why won't this work? I also tried casting the variable like, ar << (int)CreationProcess; but that doesn't work either. Anybody know what gives? ...

test
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

test #20

two-sample t-test of means
Hi, I am hoping someone could help explain how I could do a two-sample t-test of means using excel. I have very few values: 3 5 4 6 2 7 5 4 5 4 I am unfamiliar with statistical methods and would really appreciate any help. Not enough information. Are corresponding values in the two groups related to each other? Are you prepared to assume that the variability in group 1 is the same as the variability in group 2? Jerry Nico wrote: > Hi, > > I am hoping someone could help explain how I could do a two-sample t-test of means using excel. > > I have very f...

xmlNode.InnerText vs. xmlNode.Value
I've loaded the following xml into an XMLDocument object: <?xml version="1.0" ?> - <Preferences> <Institution>Argh</Institution> <Speaker>Chigier, Ben (1234)</Speaker> <Worktype>Addendum</Worktype> <speakerCode>1234</speakerCode> </Preferences> I then try to retrieve the value of the Institution node as follows: string s = myxmldoc.SelectSingleNode("/Preferences/Institution").Value; However, s is null after the call. But if I change the call to the following, s is what I'd expect: "A...

test
Test ...

howto test new edge
I added new edge on a dmz to test new antispam software. this is a new EDGE in a working enviroment with exchange 2007 sp1 and edge. I'm ready to configure Edge Synchronization. Before I synchronize, I need to understant how to test this new edge, so I want to switch on this new, to send/receive few messages, if all works then I'll switch to the new edge. I'm speaking about on how to switch the "connectors" On 23 Giu, 16:22, Guido Lavespa <lav.gu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I added new edge on a dmz to test new antispam software. this is a new > EDGE i...

test #18

How to get the XML path of an XmlNode?
How can I get the full XML path (as string) of a specific XmlNode ? -- Thanks Sharon Sharon wrote: > How can I get the full XML path (as string) of a specific XmlNode ? What is "the full XML Path" of a node, do you have any definition for that? Some XML editors can assist you constructing or maybe even generating an XPath expression. -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Lets say I have the following XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf.8"?> <System Name = "System"> <Parameters> <T1&...

Testing #8
I received your Emails from both addresses. Thanks, Boo ...

Test
Sorry, it is test message for software developing. On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 01:59:26 -0700, Andrej Hristoliubov <anhr@mail.ru> wrote: >Sorry, it is test message for software developing. Please use microsoft.public.test.here for legitimate testing. If the software you are developing is to send SPAM to the newsgroups, please STOP NOW. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Remove Test Drive requires app launch
Hi, I was having trouble getting the Remove Office tool from Office 2004 Test Drive to work. It searched the drive and offered to remove components of Office 98 and Office 2001. When I clicked Continue to accept the defaults, it told me "You have chosen not to remove any Microsoft Office items." It turns out that the Remove Office tool does not find Office 2004 Test Drive unless some application from the test drive has been launched. I ran Word one time, quit as soon as it finished loading, and voila, the Remove Office tool "found" it and did the removal as desired. S...

comboBox from enum?
Say I want to add a comboBox to a form and have it populated with the enum of an object. Is there a way to do this quickly? I've been creating the list by hand. Thanks, Dan. Like for Markers: namespace System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting { // Summary: // Specifies a style for markers. public enum MarkerStyle { // Summary: // No marker is displayed for the series or data point. None = 0, // // Summary: // A square marker is displayed. Square = 1, // // Summary: // A circular marker is displayed. Circle = 2,...

XmlSerialization to XmlNode

test

Sorry News client sw test posting!!!
PLz Ignoring this article!!!! ...

test #3
test ...

Test a cell for a formula present
I wish to test the cells in a un-protected array (wookbook and rest of wooksheet are protected and security is High, No Macros). I must know that the unprotected array is free of Copy & Paste or manually inserted formulas. You cant do what you want with out macros, but you can come close. If equaitions have been in which give the same answer as was before it wont detect it with what you have said, you might try something like having a hidden worksheet with a copy of everything on the worksheet of interest. this equation would detect any changes =sumproduct(--(main sheet!range of ...

Serialization of Enums
I'm a bit stumped on some odd behaviour I've found when serializing a class that has both Enumeration and Object fields. My class is as follows: Public Class TestClass Public Value1 As Object Public Value2 As Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive End Class and if I serialize the following object: Dim objTestObject As New TestClass objTestObject.Value1 = Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive.LocalMachine objTestObject.Value2 = Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive.ClassesRoot I get this xml out, which is what I expected: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <TestClass...

test #7

Problem with XmlNode.ChildNodes across different machines
I'm having the darndest XML config file problem that I really need help with. I'm supporting a .NET 1.1 desktop application with its own config file, and I implement IConfigurationSectionHandler so I can have a custom config section in my config file. The IConfigurationSectionHandler.Create method just returns the 'section' XmlNode back to the consumer. The config file looks kind of like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name="MyConfigSettings" type="MyAssembl...

testing rpc over https
Hi, I'm trying to test rpc over https using KB831051 "How to use the RPC Ping utility to troubleshoot connectivity issues with the Exchange over the Internet feature in Outlook 2003" It says to use rpcping -t ncacn_http -s ExchServer -o RpcProxy=RPCProxyServer -P "user,domain,*" -I "user,domain,*" -H 2 -u 10 -a connect -F 3 -v 3 -E -R none The H2 means to use NTLM auth, but I've been told that the proxy/frontend has to use Basic auth. Therefor the line above doesn't work on my server, says not authorized, but the line below rpcping -t ncacn_...

Beta testing invitation
I just developed a new way to view MS Project files online. I would like to get a feedback on that. Thank you in advance http://www.amiproject.com/clickandview.aspx -- Denis http://www.amiproject.com free Microsoft Project online viewer ...

Saving file as test file
When I save an EXCEL file as a text file or as a PRN file, I get a quote " at the beginning and end of each row. Does anyone know how to stop EXCEL from generating these quotes? My rows contain numbers, aplha characters, and spaces. It assumes you want quotes there as separators for whatever program will import them next. Go to www.downloads.com, pick up a copy of NoteTab (free), and use search/replace to get rid of the quotes. You could also do this with Word. "Barbara O'Brien" <Barbara.O'Brien@JPFinancial.com> wrote in message news:ae4f01c436ad$dcfeba60$...