XmlDocument with URL

My goal is to load an xml document from a remote url, make some changes to
it, and then display it in a webpage. Say my codebehind looks like this

private void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) {

  XmlTextWriter writer = new
            XmlTextWriter(Response.OutputStream, Encoding.UTF8);

  XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
  doc.Load(http://somexmlgeneratedhere.com?id=333);
    //manipulate the doc here
  doc.WriteTo(writer);
}

Im not getting the full document from the URL, I'm sure Im doing this wrong.

thanks in advance
Dave

Hello!

> private void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) {
>
>   XmlTextWriter writer = new
>             XmlTextWriter(Response.OutputStream, Encoding.UTF8);
>
>   XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
>   doc.Load(http://somexmlgeneratedhere.com?id=333);
>     //manipulate the doc here
>   doc.WriteTo(writer);
> }
>
> Im not getting the full document from the URL,

What does that mean? Does it end somewhere in-between, or are just the
last bytes missing?
Maybe you should capture the downloading of the XML with ethereal or
Fiddler to see if it's a server problem.

Maybe it is just a writer-problem, did you try to Flush() it before
quitting the method?

--
Pascal Schmitt

XMLWriter and XMLDocument
Okay I am using an XMLDocument object to process several thousands of lodgements (from a database) I am trying to output it from an XML Document to a file using the XmlDocument.WriteTo() method with an XmlWriter. It writes 131kB and then cuts out halfway through an element Is this a limitation of XmlDocument.WriteTo() ? What would be a better way to output it Thanks Ensure you're calling XmlWriter.Close() to cause the buffered writes to be flushed to the underlying stream/textwriter. -- Daniel Cazzulino [MVP XML] Clarius Consulting SA http://weblogs.asp.net/cazzu http://aspnet2.com ...

owa issue with the url
hello all, we have exchange 2003 and we want to use the owa features. where im confused is..... the url for owa. heres what i have... I added an A record in the dns owa.my domain.com to point to the mail server. and on the public side we had our web hoster to create a redirect that look like..... http://my domain.com/exchange resolves to http://mail.my domain.com/exchange my problem is ive see companies the do not use the switch ( /exchange or public ) this is what i want on the public side http://owa.my domain.com on the private side http://owa.my domain.com i dont want the ...

i don't now wat url used to my email sender i have gmail
i have gmai email and ebre time i want 2 sed the mail from cragslist it open outlook and i fiil up the mail and i send it. but it thas no't sende the mail. wat url can i use how u can help me albero wrote: > i have gmai email and ebre time i want 2 sed the mail from cragslist > it open outlook > and i fiil up the mail and i send it. > but it thas no't sende the mail. wat url can i use how u can help me Do you use Outlook to get your Gmail, or do you only use the website? Lets start with that. -- f.h. ...

XmlDocument with URL
My goal is to load an xml document from a remote url, make some changes to it, and then display it in a webpage. Say my codebehind looks like this private void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) { XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter(Response.OutputStream, Encoding.UTF8); XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load(http://somexmlgeneratedhere.com?id=333); //manipulate the doc here doc.WriteTo(writer); } Im not getting the full document from the URL, I'm sure Im doing this wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance Dave He...

URLs not working in Oulook 2003
When I click on a URL contained in an e mail opened by Outlook 2003, I immediately get the message 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions placed on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' Up until about a week ago there was no problem, and I haven't changed anything. Using the 'repair Outlook' facility just deleted my profile, so I had to recreate it. Urls work perfectly well if I use Otlook Express to open e mail. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Steve Hague. Steve Hague wrote: > When I click on a URL contained in an e...

Internal problem on XmlDocument.Load( )
I have this really frustrating problem when calling XmlDocument.Load(string filename). Whenever I call this method in a web application in my Windows XP development PC, I get the following error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: The specified value must be greater than 0. Here's the stack trace: ------------------------- [ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: The specified value must be greater than 0.] System.Net.ServicePoint.set_ConnectionLimit(Int32 value) +60 System.Xml.XmlDo...

How to avoid having to type "/exchange" in the URL
I'm sure this is a dumb question but I haven't found it by googling yet. Machine: Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6 I just set up a OWA box and have it working fine except that when I access OWA from a browser from another machine, I have to type https://<server name or IP address>/exchange otherwise I get the "Under Construction" screen. The OWA box is only for OWA so it will be the only website on the IIS Server. What do I have to do to have IIS redirect any/all traffic to the exchange website so I don't have to type the "/exchange" part? Thanks! Jim ...

XSLT transform XmlDocument to XmlDocument?
I just want to make a transformation on the fly, without having to save the XML document to a file before or after the transformation. I don't find any examples of this. I see that the XslTranform.Transform() method can return an XmlReader, but how can that reader be converted to an XmlDocument object? Big thanks, Gustaf Gustaf Liljegren wrote: > I just want to make a transformation on the fly, without having to save > the XML document to a file before or after the transformation. I don't > find any examples of this. See <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/mic...

XPathDocument to xmldocument
How to create XPathDocument object from xmldocument object thanks vikram wrote: > How to create XPathDocument object from xmldocument object First, be aware that such converting means copying the whole set of data in the XML document. Second, it's easy: XPathDocument doc = new XPathDocument(new XmlNodeReader(xmlDoc)); -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCP] http://blog.tkachenko.com ...

Can you load an XmlDocument with a file located on a network share? I thought maybe the XmlResolver could be used XmlUrlResolver resolver = new XmlUrlResolver() resolver.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials // Create and load the XmlDocument XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument() doc.XmlResolver = resolver; // Set the resolver doc.Load(@"\\devsrv\profiles\0004.xml") OR.. doc.Load("//devsrv/profiles/0004.xml") But I get: "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" The problem is probably that the account that your application is running under...

removing nodes from xmldocument

URLs in Outlook 2007 no longer active
Using Windows Vista Business Edition with MS Office 2007 / Outlook 2007. A few weeks ago, Outlook was working fine ... notification messages from PHPBB included a clickable URL. Clicking the URL (blue & underscored) would open a PHPBB webpage containing the PHPBB message itself. Then after removing expired Anti-Virus program and installing AVG Free Anti-Virus ... the notification messages from PHPBB are no longer active, but still present and it still works on other PCs with the same Software installed. If the URL string is copied & pasted into an IE7 address bar the correct ...

XMLDocument <- Synchronization Trasformation Schema -> XMLDocument ?
I'm new to .NET XML classes, so here my dilemma I really like the XMLDataDocument concept of synchronizing automatically XMLDocument and DataSet with a common schema. Can I automatically syncronize 2 XMLDocument with Synchronization Trasformation Schema in the middle? Here my plan I'm going to write an application which the core data model is based on XMLDataDocument with my own schema. The application frontend will edit the XMLDataDocument core. The application will have to edit files with a well known XML document schema similar to my core. I can easily create an XSLT to tranform t...

.NET XMLDocument Save issue
Hi, Currently we are using the .NET XMLDocument Class to manipulate some xml documents. The issue we are having is that when we save the XML files using the classes save method, empty xml tags will be saved with a CRLF instead of the empty value. This can be solved by setting the PreserveWhiteSpace property to true. But then the indentation is lost. E.g.:- Before Saving this is how the tags are. <Test></Test> After saving <Test> </Test> Has anybody come across this, is there any solution for this. Thanks Amendra. ...

XmlDocument
Hi Oleg and All, Is this correct? Can I do this? <code> XmlDocument doc=new XmlDocument(); XPathNavigator nav = doc.CreateNavigator(); //Load the xml file. Change path if needed doc.Load(@"..\..\..\books.xml"); XslTransform xslt = new XslTransform(); xslt.Load(@"D:\XML\XSL Ex2\Personnel2.xsl"); StringWriter fs = new StringWriter(); xslt.Transform(doc, null, fs, null); XmlNode node=doc.SelectSingleNode("bookstore"); <- Here is the problem </code> I need to transform the XML First using xslt.transform then tak...

Opening and altering XML-doc using XmlDocument wrecks havoc on doc
Hi I am trying to post-process some XML-documents from some third-party software. I open them, find the right element, manipulate the text and write it back to the element. Dim x As New Xml.XmlDocument Dim nl As Xml.XmlNodeList Dim text As String Dim textOutput As String x.Load(filename) nl = x.GetElementsByTagName("text") [snip, some manipulation of the text, not important...] nl.Item(0).InnerText = "<![CDATA[ " & textOutput & " ]]>" 'nl.Item(0).InnerText = textOutput x.Save("C:\Temp\XmlYt.xml") Now, the data I write ...

Create an XmlDocument from XmlSerializer?
Hello, This is probably a very simple question. I played around with it some = but couldn't get it. I'm got a custom class I'm serializing, I'm loading the results into a = new XmlDocument. What is the best way to take the results from the = XmlSerializer and convert it into an XmlDocument. I'm guessing the best = way to accomplish this is through streams. Can someone point me in the right direction as to the best way to do = this? I can serialize the class to a file, then load the file, but that = is like going around my elbow to get to my thumb!, there has to be a ...

Can an XmlNode from one XmlDocument be copied to another XmlDocument?
I'm wondering if one node that belongs to one XmlDocument can be appended to another XmlDocument as a new child without having to build a new node from scratch. I would think XmlNode.Clone() is for this purpose but no, it doesn't work. I got the following error: The node to be inserted is from a different document context Does anyone know if this is doable without building a new node and without putting through XSL? you have to build a new node and create your own copy function. if performance is not the top issue, use the InnerXml/OuterXml properties to copy. -- bruce (sqlwork...

How do I get URL's to be underlined in my e-mail message?
We just transferred over to Outlook from Outlook Express. Now when I type an e-mail, e-mail addresses and web addresses are not being underlined, nor showing in a different type. This is not allowing my e-mail recipients to "click and go" from my e-mails. Any answers? are you using HTML format? if so, make sure you type a space or press enter after entering a url. If plain text, use the full url (including http:// or mailto:) - also, when using plain text, whether the url is live depends on the receiving client, not the sending one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Auth...

XMLDocument <- Synchronization Trasformation Schema -> XMLDocument ? #2
I'm new to .NET XML classes, so here my dilemma: I really like the XMLDataDocument concept of synchronizing automatically XMLDocument and DataSet with a common schema. Can I automatically syncronize 2 XMLDocument with Synchronization Trasformation Schema in the middle? Here my plan. I'm going to write an application which the core data model is based on XMLDataDocument with my own schema. The application frontend will edit the XMLDataDocument core. The application will have to edit files with a well known XML document schema similar to my core. I can easily create an XSLT to tranfo...

URLs in Outlook
I'm still looking for ideas on this one. Sorry for posting again. From the previous post (read from bottom up): It doesn't seem to matter where I copy the link from (address bar in IE, web page, Word doc, etc.) still has the same affect. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thanks for your response. "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Where are you copying the hyperlink from? Outlook version? > > -- > Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP > Author of > Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for > Administrators, Power Users, and Developers > http:...

different OWA URL with SSL?
Hi, I just recently setup a new HTTP virtual server in exchange so I could access OWA at a different URL. http://ipaddress/exchange ---> http://mail.mysite.com This works fine, but now I need the new site to have SSL without having type something like https://mail.mysite.com:449. because this url sort of defeats the purpose. I don't want to remove port 443 from the default site either. Any ideas on how to do this or if its even possible? Thanks! Marc. "Marc Thompson" <marc@dontspamme.sycron.com.DontSpamMe> wrote in news:#TAcfE3sDHA.1060@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: ...

XmlTextWriter,XmlDocument
Hi all, I need to embed an image to an existing xml file. I guess this is possible using XmlTextWriter.WriteBase64() method. My problem is that XmlTextWriter writes to a new document. How can I edit an existing doc (for example with XmlDocument class) and write an image to it? I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused about the difference between XmlTextWriter and XmlTextDocument. Thanks. Ars Comm - Ciro Ferraiuolo wrote: > Hi all, I need to embed an image to an existing xml file. I guess this is > possible using XmlTextWriter.WriteBase64() method. My problem is that > XmlTextWrit...

have to format URL
hi using 2007 When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then have to make it a hyperlink why is this? -- Martin ���� What format is the email you're sending? Also, many times the receiving email program will turn URL-like text into clickable URLs anyway. "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:36kue4trp7vt2e3a87sq91vgeigi2j4ek8@4ax.com... > hi > using 2007 > When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then > have to make it a hyperlink > why is this? what are you doing to make it a hyperlink? at most,...

How capturing a parameter by means of the action Post URL?
I am trying to capture a parametro by means of the Method : Var1=Request.Form("Var") And I cannot Do it. Ing. Robert Prazuela. try string id=Request.Params["Var"]; -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Robert Prazuela" <Robert Prazuela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:003150E6-0009-43EE-966C-78C93FAA7229@microsoft.com... > I am trying to capture a parametro by means of the Method : > Var1=Request.Form("Var") > And I cannot Do it. > >...