xml/xslt, .net 2.0, whitespace, output to text file

I'm having a problem with line feeds in an xslcompiledtransform in .net 2.0.
I'm trying to use xsl to transform xml to a text file that can be read on a
Unix box.  The problem is that when I insert a line feed, it always results
in a carriage-return/linefeed - the Unix box does not like this.  I've tried
different encoding settings and using hex/dec/html values for line feed but
the result is always CRLF as viewed in a hex editor.

here's the code that pertains to my issue if anyone can help

XSL Transformation code
            Dim fs As New IO.FileStream(f.FilePathWorkingFile & f.FileName &
f.FileTypeExtension, IO.FileMode.Create)
            Dim oSw As New StreamWriter(fs)

            Dim oXSLT As New System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform(True)
            oXSLT.Load("..\..\xsl\" & f.StylesheetName)
            ' output transformed xml to temp file
            oXSLT.Transform(xmldoc, args, oSw)

XSLT File
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
      xmlns:ms="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"
      xmlns:myObj="urn:ms-kb">
  <xsl:output method="text" />

inside of my templates I have
<xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
and have tried
<xsl:text>
</xsl:text>
and
<xsl:text>
</xsl:text>

Thanks in advance for any help
Trent
0
TrentUSTA (1)

XML Header

rules for 2 accounts #2
We're running Outlook 2002 on Exchange 2003. I need to check both my and webmster's email. Ideally, I want to create 2 server-side filters (so they are filtered when i open outlook): 1. Filter all email if the sender is not on my address book. 2. Filter email if it's BCC'd (since a lot of email comes that way. Then I want the rules to apply both my and webmaster's inboxes, and put the email in their respective Junk mail folders. However, this is what it's doing: Makes the rules client-side, so when I open outlook, my emails are not filtered (incoming email is,...

how to compare two excel files
i would like to know how to compare two excel files. is there any tool for that? in addtion is there any way to maintain several versions of the same file with easy way to have diff between them? thanks, -- Miri Tz. Hi Miri, There are a number of programs out in the market that provide more complex comparision. Otherwise you could simply make a new sheet and copy the following formula into A1: =if('[book1.xls]sheet1'!a1='[book2.xls]sheet1'!a1,"","<<<") anotherway to do it is to run the following you need to set up the workbook and workshee...

Recieving Domain.2 sending Domain.1
I have currently set up my Exchange 2003 server for 2 companies receiving 2 domain names everything is working fine except the users of domain name.2 are sending their e-mail out as user@domainname.1 how do I correct this so that they send out user@domainname.2? Thank you for your time On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:26:06 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have currently set up my Exchange 2003 server for 2 companies receiving 2 >domain names everything is working fine except the users of domain name.2 are >sending their e-mail out as user@domainname.1...

Illegal Operation #2
Everytime I send an email message, I get an illegal operation notice. This also happens when I delete emails. The following are examples of the details of the illegal operations. Does anyone know what I can do to correct this? OUTLOOK executed an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:00ff705e. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=00ff705e EFLGS=00010297 EBX=00ff686c SS=0187 ESP=0056f1e0 EBP=0056f21c ECX=00ff686c DS=0187 ESI=0056f210 FS=22e7 EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=00ff705c GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8e 30 00 00 00 00 f4 68 ff 00 62 01 00 00 33 00 Stack dump: 00ff705c 00f...

Identify files on two diff spreadsheets
I need help... I have two spreadsheets, named 2008 and RS, both with file numbers in column A1 with different information in the other columns. I need to know if the files on the spreadsheet "RS" are on the spreadsheet "2008" and if so, then put a "1" in column "U" next to that file on the "2008" spreadsheet. I tried the vlookup function, but couldn't quite figure it out. Please help. Thanks in advance. Try this formula in column U of the 2008 sheet: =IF(COUNTIF(RS!A:A,'2008'!A1)>0,"U","") ...

Read XHTML into XML

How do I make my 2003 access file to be compactable with access 20
I have written an Access 2003 program which runs fine on. I just installed Access 2007 and database is showing up. How do I make my 2003 access file to be compactable with access 2007? Thanks a lot. An MDB created in Access 2003 works with Access 2007, so something else must be wrong if you can't see it (e.g. permissions, security, or in a location you don't have rights to.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "mju&...

Help with macro code #2
I have a simple command button macro to hide a work sheet page. Is ther a way to keep the sheet from being hidden if there is a value in boxe e.g �g13,o13,g24,o24� then open a msgbox �sheet in use�. Thanks fo any help with this Private Sub CommandButton5_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Sun Misc Log").Visible = False Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Su -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Shortcuts #2
I have a PC running Windows 98 and Excel 2000. When I am in Excel and use File - Open and opint to a file it opent it as is should. But If I create a shortcut to the file or use Windows explorer to navigate to the file then double click on it, Excel opens, but then gives me an error message saying that it can't find the file and that the path must be wrong. Why is this happening? The file is fine, since I can open it from within Excel. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this d...

Corrupted .pst file !!!?!?! Help
Hi, My outlook.pst is corrupted. Tha'ts why I cannot start me outlook 2003 (see my other post here) I used the inbox repair tool (SCANPST.EXE) but it doesn't work, I got the following message: "An unexpected error prevented access ti this file. Use scandisk to check the disk for errors and then try using the inbox repair tool again" Outlook is closed and I already scanned my hard disk using scandisk, and there are no error. The error really seems to come for the corrupted pst file. Related to the file corruption, When I tried to copy the outlook.pst file to an...

How to invoke the xml editor?

Sync mail files
I have a small network of 3 computers. Can I syncronize the Outlook.pst file so that any of the 3 machines will have access to all of the mail folders? Any clues will be welcomed. Gill gaffer <gaffergill@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I have a small network of 3 computers. Can I syncronize the > Outlook.pst file so that any of the 3 machines will have access to > all of the mail folders? See if something here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Non-Unicode strings in VB.NET?
I've been reading the MSDN documentation on the System.Char and System.String types and they mention Unicode throughout without even mentioning non-Unicode versions. How do I get a gool 'ol one-byte char and non-Unicode string in .NET? Thanks, Alain > I've been reading the MSDN documentation on the System.Char and > System.String types and they mention Unicode throughout without even > mentioning non-Unicode versions. How do I get a gool 'ol one-byte char and > non-Unicode string in .NET? You don't. You can get a byte array, but there ...

Repairing .NET Framework and Exchange
I use a 3rd party application to archive emails. This application has recently broke. The support team for the application have suggested repairing the .NET Framework. What implications does this have on Exchange? We are not using OMA or OWA. Is there anything I should be cautious about before or during this procedure. Here is a link to the KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830646#6 Thanks in advance for any ideas. ...

show XML schema and values

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

Excel Workbook file increaseing in size
The file was created in XL 97 (I think) and is being opened in XL 2002. It has one sheet. Data in rows 1 - 24 & Columns A - AE. There are cell borders around these cells and some have shading. During the month (it's a roster) the file is updated with an 'X' in the cell which corresponds with the day the employee worked and then saved. The file at present is 5.4MB, in July it was 3.6MB. The amount/number of data has not changed - just the 'X's' have been placed into different cells. Why is it increasing in size this dramatically and why is it this size ...

stupid question #2
i have a spreadsheet that the last person working on it put last name and first name in the same cell i would like it to have a last name column and a first name column. is it possible to split the contents with out having to retype it all. P.S. there are over 1000 entries ;O) Select the cells with names in and then:- data|text to columns and use the wizard Mike "Kimberly" wrote: > i have a spreadsheet that the last person working on it put last name and > first name in the same cell i would like it to have a last name column and a > first name column. > is it p...

Offline synch using XML web-services

Beginner question #2
Please forgive what might be a beginner question. I have a spread sheet that is made up of 10 columns. I would like to make it so that each time I change a number in these columns, the sub-total at the bottom of each column changes automatically AND so that the sub-total in the far right column changes automatically. Is there a template for this?? Thanks so much!!! You would use a function for that, lets say you have values in A1 to A10, then in A11 place this =SUM(A1:A10), or =A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6+A7+A8+A9+A10. got the idea?? "jenny" <jenny@hotmail.net> skrev i melding ne...

Text formatting ?
Hi all, this is kind of embarrassing but one of the directors here at the company, the only person using Outlook 2003 actually, has a problem with composing text in Outlook. up until recently whenevber he typed :) it would change into a smiley face but it no longer does this (as of a week ago) so I chacked the email format and it is HTML... changed it to RTF and Plain text but still no joy. Can anyone assist me in resolving this problem. Thanks in advance, Mitch... Is he still using Word as his email editor? I think that only works when you're using Word "VegaLA"...

Lineage 2 interlude
�� request, ������, ���� ������������. ��������� ����. �� ����. Είστε ευπρόσδεκτοϊ -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "Βαγγέλης" wrote: > Το request, τελικά, είχε αποτελέσματα. Ευχαριστώ πολύ. > Τα λέμε. > > ...

How do I set up a formula to insert text in excel?
Hi, I have a questionnaire that is administered on an excel sheet with respondents typing their answers (i.e 1,2,3) into specific cells. Is there any way that I can create a formula (or something??) that inserts response relevant text into another sheet in the workbook, to create a report? Many Thanks, Nikki Nikki You can use formulas for this type of thing if you want this done only once. But if this is a repeating task I would suggest an event macro. If you want to use an event macro you will have to decide when you want this copying to take place. IOW, what event do you want t...