xml to word format

Does anyone have working code to convert an xml file (with an xslt file) to
word format?

I've used the code here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311461
But I need it to work on a website.  That code is for a windows app.
0
Casper (17)

Casper wrote:
> Does anyone have working code to convert an xml file (with an xslt file) to
> word format?
>
> I've used the code here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311461
> But I need it to work on a website.  That code is for a windows app.

There is also an example in there that shows how to use XslTransform to
transform to Response.Output in an ASP.NET application. That is the main
thing you need to do in ASP.NET, setting Response.ContentType as needed
and writing the transformation result to Response.Output.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

How to Permanently Change Shapes Default Color and Other Formats

XML Header

Read XHTML into XML

Time format as hh:mm:ss
When inputing time as above, Excel is thinking it is a Time as AM or PM, but actually it is a lapsed time. How do I get it to do just hh:mm:ss? Without placing in the : each time would be a timesaver as well. Regards, -- Dennis Hi Dennis, Choose another date format from the Format>Cells>Number tab>Time list. If there isn't any without AM/PM, use a Custom format and format as hh:mm:ss (or choose other time settings in Windows International) Actually Excel doesn't know the difference between elapsed time and a point in time. Technically there is no difference; a point...

export Pivot Charts to MS Word?
Can this be done? I'll have several charts to go to several Word docs and would like to avoid the copy/paste option. copy the pivottable to your clipboard. Open Word choose Edit, PasteSpecial. On the Paste Special Window choose Paste Link and Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object. Realize that this could cause you to have a very large Word doc. "srpd" wrote: > Can this be done? I'll have several charts to go to several Word docs and > would like to avoid the copy/paste option. Thanks for your help, but it's not the Pivottable I want to put into Word ...

How to invoke the xml editor?

Conditional Formatting #94
I have a range of cells that contain formulas, but I also need to give the user the option to manually overwrite the result of any of these formulas. Where the formula is overwritten I want the cell shading to turn yellow. I can't see a way of doing using the Conditional Formatting tool. Is there something else I could try ?? Hi Phil, Are you using Conditional Formatting to begin with ? If so they answer is no, because C.F. overrides normal cell formatting.. Unless you are talking about a constant replacing what is normally a formula in a column. You have to be able to identify w...

show XML schema and values

how to preserve formatting from Access 03 to Excel 03
Has anyone been having issues with exporting a report from Access to Excel, and the data format changing? If so, and you have fixed the issue, please let me know. Thank you ...

Offline synch using XML web-services

Word 2008 won't display graphics in Print or Publishing Layout
Hello, I have an interesting issue where Word 2008 for the Mac won't display any graphics (jpgs) when I import them into a Word document. It just inserts a box where the graphic is. When I go to Print Preview, the graphics actually display, and they print fine, but I can't see them when composing the document, which is annoying. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks - Jeff On Jan 6, 7:48=A0am, JeffJ <jjoneschic...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have an interesting issue where Word 2008 for the Mac won't display > any graphics (jpgs) when I ...

Text formatting ?
Hi all, this is kind of embarrassing but one of the directors here at the company, the only person using Outlook 2003 actually, has a problem with composing text in Outlook. up until recently whenevber he typed :) it would change into a smiley face but it no longer does this (as of a week ago) so I chacked the email format and it is HTML... changed it to RTF and Plain text but still no joy. Can anyone assist me in resolving this problem. Thanks in advance, Mitch... Is he still using Word as his email editor? I think that only works when you're using Word "VegaLA"...

Mouse flicker problems in MS Word, ,running windows 7.
I recently installed MS Office Home and Student on a windows 7 operating pc - but everytime I start word my curser flickers in the screen area and i can't click right or left. I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. It isn't a Word problem, but my suspicion is either the printer driver is corrupt or incompatible or missing. Make sure that you have the latest driver for your printer and then delete and reinstall the printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "PR100" <PR100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Copying excel file to word
I have an excel file that i must fit onto an 11x8.5. In excel i can just shrink the page to 45%, but when i copy the table into word it is too big. Is there a way to shrink the data to fit Select the area in the worksheet that you want to copy. While holding down the SHIFT key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture and do the copy. In Word, just paste. You have just pasted a picture in Word. Because it is just a picture you can move it, re-size it or rotate it to your satisfaction. Have a good day -- Gary's Student "Gary" wrote: > I have an excel file that i must fit...

Find formatted cells
Hi Is there a way in VBA to scan a range of cells and pick up the references of any cells that have a particular format applied? The range may have more than one cell with the format applied and I want to be able to use the references elsewhere in the workbook. Many thanks. Jim xl2002 added the ability to find by format. Before that you could have a macro that would search through your sheets looking for cells that match a specific format. But there are lots of things that are in the format of the cell. If you limit your search criteria (font/boldness/fill color/font color), you may eve...

Formatting a date different from the date options available
I am using ACCESS 2007 and would like to format the date as ex: 2009-Nov-19 in a table. It would also be nice if this cell would automatically format the date to the above format even if the person entering the date typed in 7/9/1975. Could anyone help me do this, or can it even be done? Thanks, Janet B Janet B <Janet B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using ACCESS 2007 and would like to format the date as ex: 2009-Nov-19 >in a table. It would also be nice if this cell would automatically format >the date to the above format even if the person entering ...

Default support for Harvard referencing in footnotes in Word
The Harvard referencing style is widely used in academia and in more simple versions also used in business. It could be the default option for footnotes (or end notes) instead of the more complex options (e.g. defaulting to roman numberals) available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...

String to xml document

Word 2003
I am having trouble getting my changes to my autocorrect options and new autocorrect options to store. I have been using this feature for a few years now without issue. Recently I had a new computer install and now it doesn't work. Any ideas? -- Dawn ...

Mail format
If I attempt to send HTML mail, recipients outside our corporation receive the message in rich text format. Other doesn't have that problem. What settings should I check? ...

Create merged mail in Excel (*NOT* in Word)?
I need to create a mail merge in Excel . . . **NOT** using Word in any way. The application is a mailing of extensive calculations based on parameters which change. There are about 1,000 recipients so doing it manually is a LOT of work. It can't be done in Word because the spreadsheet is too complicated. I'm willing to pay for the ability to work with someone in real time who can show me how to get this done. Best regards, Dolf (914) 318-6766 <<dolfnjudy@aol.com>> ...

Word doc changed to Excel when email
I am using Office 2003. Recently I received an email with a Word 2007 attachment (docx). I noticed that the icon for the attachment shows Excel icon. When I double-click on the attachment, it launches Excel and I can only see garbage as the document is a word document. I asked the sender to send to another friend with Office 2003 but I can see the icon is in Word. Has anyone ever had this before? Please help. Is there any setting on the PC that I need to check? BTW, if the document is in Word 2003, no problem. Your computer thinks it's supposed to use Excel to view a .docx....

Beginner of XML

conditional formating
Hi.. Ive got a set of sales figures next that relate to specific stores we are selling our products in. Ive managed to conditionally format cells where no stock has been sold, but I want to highlight the name of the store that has not sold any stock. How do I do this? Please help me Im going out of my mind!! Thanks Hi you may provide some more details about your data layout. e.g., some example data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ANDREW_B" <ANDREWB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:47638ECE-9DD9-4568-83F8-39BEC64E25AC@microsoft.com... ...