xml to SQL

Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to
actions on it's site.
I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right
direction,
I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql
server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly).
I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we
can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches.
Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the
newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff to play with.

So should I be looking at openxml or what

Background info..
we run server 2000 / SQL 2000 and have good ASP / SQL programmers on staff
(not me)

Below is the data which comes back from our "POST" to their server.
Our customer go to "our" website they fill in forms the forms are posted to
our server
and to a second compaines server which then response to the post with the
the xml data which we are at this time using MANY work arounds to get the
data into our database.

We have all the client data in our sever we just need to "post" the currenty
status code to the customer records.

------------------>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE CDR SYSTEM "http://theotherdomain.com/xml/push/cdr.dtd">
<CDR>
 <ClientID>RETURN_id_1</ClientID>
 <DID>Deliv_Id_1</DID>
 <Status="100" Description="Successful"/>
 <Product>
  <ClientTID>RETURN_id_2_1</ClientTID>
  <DID>-1</DID>
  <Status="101" Description="Service not needed at this time"/>
 </Product>
</CDR>

Thanks for any and all help.

Bubba
<---------------------------------------------------------------------

0
bubba2672 (2)

Start with http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/xml/default.asp this link
and download SQLXML (SQL2000 WS toolkit)

The approach is to use the SQLXML Template functionality with UpdateGrams.
This allows you to post UpdateGrams to SQL Server as updates to the database
providing parameters on input. Think of UpdateGrams as a an XML document
with parameters. You also need to map the XML document structure to the
relational DB structure with an annotated XSD schema. All that is then
required is simple client side manipulation to fill in the parameter values
taken from the XML document sent from your partner and call the Template to
execute the "post".

Thanks.
Mark Fussell
PM - System.Xml

"bubb" <bubba@cheap-t1.com> wrote in message
> Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to
> actions on it's site.
> I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the
right
> direction,
> I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql
> server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly).
> I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if
we
> can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches.
> Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the
> newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff to play with.
>
> So should I be looking at openxml or what
>
> Background info..
> we run server 2000 / SQL 2000 and have good ASP / SQL programmers on staff
> (not me)
>
> Below is the data which comes back from our "POST" to their server.
> Our customer go to "our" website they fill in forms the forms are posted
> our server
> and to a second compaines server which then response to the post with the
> the xml data which we are at this time using MANY work arounds to get the
> data into our database.
>
> We have all the client data in our sever we just need to "post" the
currenty
> status code to the customer records.
>
> ------------------>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE CDR SYSTEM "http://theotherdomain.com/xml/push/cdr.dtd">
> <CDR>
>  <ClientID>RETURN_id_1</ClientID>
>  <DID>Deliv_Id_1</DID>
>  <Status="100" Description="Successful"/>
>  <Product>
>   <ClientTID>RETURN_id_2_1</ClientTID>
>   <DID>-1</DID>
>   <Status="101" Description="Service not needed at this time"/>
>  </Product>
> </CDR>
>

> Thanks for any and all help.
>
> Bubba
> <---------------------------------------------------------------------

0
sqldev (66)

Writing data from excel to sql-server
I would like to write the values of A1 and B1 to a SQL-Server table every 10 seconds. How can I do this ? Best regards Svein Olav Steinmo There's only two ways I know of to do this. 1.) You have to create a link to the EXCEL sheet in question using MS SQL Enterprise Manager. Then create a scheduled job to run an SQL statement to update the SQL table. Note: Changes to the EXCEL file will update automatically through SQL link. 2.) Create an Access DB with links to the respective tables and worksheets. Create a PASS THROUGH query that updates the SQL table using the EXCEL data...

Fresh SQL Server 2008 install
I've installed SQL Server 2008 SP1 (developer) on my machine (Windows XP) and am having some issues with SSIS and SSRS - which is a pisser, cause that's why I bought it. MS will connect to databases and Analysis Services (whatever that is) just fine, however, I get the following errors in SSIS & SSRS: Reporting Services: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to JAY\MSSQL2008. ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The username or password is not valid or you do not have permission to ac...

XML Header

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

SQL server does not exist or access denied
Hi, I am trying to install CRM 3.0 on a SBS2003 Premium Edition with SQL 2000sp4 running and during the system requirements check I get a message under SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services that: SQL server does not exist or access denied. I am sure that SQL server is running but during the setup CRM does not see it. I have also changed the authentication method to mixed but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks. hi there, even i was having the same problem but got it fixed. it seems that you dont have the right service pack for sql, that is the reason the i...

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

SBS2003R2, SQL Wkgp 2005, Sharepoint MSDE,Cant create 2005 Instanc
We have an SBS 2003 SP2 server that had the SharePoint with MSDE (Ver 80). We installed the SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition from SBS Premium 2 DVD. Throughout the installation we were not prompted for authentication method or collation sequence however SQL installed without problem and we then installed Sp2 & SP3. We then created some empty databases but later realised they were created under the MSDE instance but we want them installed under SQL 2005 work-group which we installed. The databases are empty so we are happy to recreate them if need be. We tried uninstallin...

String to xml document

Beginner of XML

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Missing Tables: SQL
I ran hotfix for GP9 but I decided not anymore to continue with it because there were other requirements. Thus, I reinstalled the applicaiton GP9 and restored my backup dynamics & company database. There were tables that were lost when I restored it. I just want to know how to copy the tables to my current database. Most of the tables that were lost were from the Cashbook (i.e. CB900045, CB200001) and other tables such as SY00900, SY02200. I was informed that the lack of these tables will not greatly affect our operations (i hope so, please help) ...

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

Sharepoint 3.0 and SQL
I am getting ready to install Sharepoint 3.0 for a customer. I have installed sharepoint 2.0 and the default creates an MSDE database. The customer has SQL so I want sharepoint to install to the current SQL. Does 3.0 give you the option to where you want to create the SQL database or does it also create an MSDE database. If the default is the MSDE how do you override this option? Thanks, Amy Amy, I believe what you are looking for is described in this Microsoft Support KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843580 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Glo...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

CRM 4
We had a CRM 4 setup which was working successfully: - Server 1 is a Windows 2003 Server with CRM Server installed - Server 2 is a Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2005, Reporting Services with CRM Data connector installed The SQL 2005 server was upgraded to SQL 2008 Enterprise. After the installation and rebooting, the CRM Server was working apart from Reports. REPORT ERROR MESSAGES ====================== When a report is run from a CLIENT machine, the following error appears - "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." [WebException: The request failed with HTTP status...

Sql error: Error # 2147217871 Time out expired.
I'm going to continue searching the web on this, but figured I'd ask if anybody has come across this error in RMS? "it Says Error # 2147217871 Time out expired. (Source: Microsoft OLE provider for SQL server Error in Post Transaction Entries) That comes up after about five minutes of nothing. Then hit OK and Run-time Error pops up. Then hit OK and Every thing shuts down and have to restart. At this point the sale does not seem to be recorded in all areas. " Thanks for any assistance in advance, again, I'll continue searching.... Wendy_I, If you are using M...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

http xml post
Hi I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and send response back. But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a single key" I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Cindy "CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:eg9EfjVsIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). > > In my t...