XML storage of Form data

Hi,

I'm looking at storing data from an aspx form in an XML document, but what I
was looking into was how to reload the form, and populate the items from the
XML document, into their relevant server controls.

I have come across the XSL document but have not really seen it in use with
an aspx page.

A simple code snipet to show how to populate an xml element in to its
associated text box would be really helpful

Thanks

Namshub wrote:

> I'm looking at storing data from an aspx form in an XML document, but what I
> was looking into was how to reload the form, and populate the items from the
> XML document, into their relevant server controls.
>
> I have come across the XSL document but have not really seen it in use with
> an aspx page.
>
> A simple code snipet to show how to populate an xml element in to its
> associated text box would be really helpful

With ASP.NET 2.0 there is data binding using XmlDataSource, see
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.xmldatasource.aspx

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Writing data from excel to sql-server
I would like to write the values of A1 and B1 to a SQL-Server table every 10 seconds. How can I do this ? Best regards Svein Olav Steinmo There's only two ways I know of to do this. 1.) You have to create a link to the EXCEL sheet in question using MS SQL Enterprise Manager. Then create a scheduled job to run an SQL statement to update the SQL table. Note: Changes to the EXCEL file will update automatically through SQL link. 2.) Create an Access DB with links to the respective tables and worksheets. Create a PASS THROUGH query that updates the SQL table using the EXCEL data...

XML Header

Consolidation of data
Help. I am a bit lost. I have a hugh list of customer's from two different databases. The client numbers will be the same, but the rating will differ. I want to compare the two and find out what are the conflicts. Please see example: A B C WEXFORD AUTOMOTIVIE 9514111 B WEXFORD AUTOMOTIVIE 9514111 B+ WILSHIRE HAIRCARE 9512211 C WILSHIRE HAIRCARE 9512211 C- What I want is for it to use the client numbers (B) as the main reference point and then compare column C, if there is a conflict between the data, I want it to kick the client number to a seperat...

Cannot delete checkboxes from form
My forms are suddenly quite uneditable. I am only halfway through creating them and now I cannot cut or delete anything from it. Nothing! The properties give no hints as to why all the forms are now seemingly locked. (As Dave Attell once said) Helpo! Helpo! -- Dr. M On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 07:04:01 -0700, Dr. M <DrM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My forms are suddenly quite uneditable. I am only halfway through creating >them and now I cannot cut or delete anything from it. Nothing! The properties >give no hints as to why all the forms are now seemingly locked. > &g...

Newbie Questions
This must be incredibly easy, but I've poked around in most of the chart options I can find and haven't been able to see it. I have a sheet that looks something like: 6/11/05 6/12/05 6/13/05 ... Inventory Totals A 419 431 432 ... B 145 145 144 ... I'm charting only the values in the A row, 419, 434, etc. An appropriate range is shown on the Y axis. I have the X axis formatted as dates, but I get the dates 1/1, 1/2, etc. How do I tie the X axis labels to the dates in my data? Another question: This data will grow indefini...

Displaying specific columns on a continuous style form`
Is there a way to code a continuous style form so that specific records in the list will trigger other records to either be visible or not as the rows build down the form? I have two examples where I need to selectively highlight textboxes on a continuous style form but have only been successful in either having those textboxes be either on or off. Are you asking about conditional formatting of certain textboxes based on their value? If so, use the conditional formatting routine. If not, could you explain further what you are trying to accomplish? Damon "Cameron" <Came...

Read XHTML into XML

Before Update event for Form
Why is it I cant use 'setfocus' in this event? I validate field contents here and would like to set the focus to fields that are invalid. Am I doing this wrong? Is there a better way? Thanks. mscertified wrote: >Why is it I cant use 'setfocus' in this event? I validate field contents here >and would like to set the focus to fields that are invalid. Can't tell what's wrong without seeing the event procedure, but what you are describing is the normal way to do it. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Adding an attachment in a Sharepoint survey form
I am creating a very basic survey form in Sharepoint. I would like to allow the survey taker to attach a file. How do I do this? I don't see this as a feature in the tool. Is this possible? -- alli ...

How to invoke the xml editor?

Fill in a field based on input of data in another field
Hi, I'd like to know if this can be done without VBA, since I'm not familiar with programming....Access 2007 My user has a table that contains countries: [tblAwardCountries]. When she enters a value in her [PermanentCountry] field, she would like the database to check to see if that country exists in [tblAwardCountries]. If it does exist, she would like another field to automatically update to "Eligible for Award". Can this be done without programming? I thought of the IN operator, but there are too many countries to have to type into the expression. Usi...

excel forms
Can anyone tell me how you can get a text box to display a number in the format 0.00 ? Dim myVal as double myval = 3 textbox1.value = format(myval,"0.00") Jim Lavery wrote: > > Can anyone tell me how you can get a text box to display a number in the > format 0.00 ? -- Dave Peterson Good evning Jim Lavery This code will show the value of 100 to two decimal places i textbox1: TextBox1.Value = Format(100, "#,###.00") HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.ex...

form parameter
hi, i would like to know whether some one can give me a criteria for a parameter query which wil fulfill the following: basically i have a form consisting of two fields i want the parameter query top use both these feilds. field 1 is minimum price range and field 2 is maximum price range the query should display records which come in between the values in the two field. i tried something like: =Between [Form]![formname]![field 1] And [field 2] it doesn't work its wrong can u give me a correct criteria. thank you On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:16:29 -0800, T3E wrote: > hi, i would l...

Company Data Archive
I am looking at the product company data archive from Professional Advantage and wanted to see if anyone here has used the application and give me their feedback on it. Thank you ...

show XML schema and values

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

Moving a line chart data point revises data table value in Excel '
I recall a capability I used with Excel years ago that enabled me to create a line chart from a data table, then move the plot points on the chart to "smooth" the line, and the source data chart value would change with the corresponding new plotted point. I'd like to use that capability with Excel 2007 but can't find to activate it. Any power users know how? Thanks! Ed Ed, Microsoft decided that users didn't need that feature. More than likely, they were tired of support calls asking why the values changed when one dragged a data point...... No really, they took i...

data lable don't appear in chart bars appear without lable
I have created six panel charts work fine but charts in panel don't lables for bars, value do appears. ...

Offline synch using XML web-services

String to xml document

Default data directory?
Money 2004. How do I change the default directory where the Money data is kept? Thanks... Bobg Thanks for your help. That web page must not be kept very up to date though. The lead article is "What's new in Money 2003". Bob "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:uXApLkWaDHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Move the Money file *.mny to wherever you want it and then double click on > the file name in it's new location. Money will remember where it found it. > > -- > Regards > Bob Peel, > Microsoft MV...

Beginner of XML

Random data corruption
Subject: Re: Randowm data corruption Money 2002 From: "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 9/21/2004 8:51:59 AM I just did what you proposed but the data is still corrupted (no changes). What else can I do? I had a computer repair person here all afternoon running virus scans and there is no virus in my CPU.. >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >wrote: > >>I use Money 2002 Deluxe & Business to manage 6 business >>bank accounts...

Using ontime to plot data automatically
Hi I basically need to instruct excel to automatically plot the cell value of a given cell, each day at set time. So the two values would be the cell value and the date. The cell value on same days may be the same as the previous day. I thought using Excel's Ontime function may help performing a Macro that does this periodcially. In the root module of the workbook I've added: Private Sub Workbook_Open()13:00:00"), "MyMacro" End Sub On the spreadsheeet that has the value in A1 I've added the following code to a new module: Sub MyMacro() Application.OnTime T...