XML Signature in Web Services.

According to the technical article "Understanding XML Digital Signature", the
author mentions that the

"At this point, we know how to refer to content, transform and hash it, and
create a signature that covers (protects) that content. Recall that content
is protected by using indirection: the ds:SignatureValue covers the
ds:SignedInfo, which contains ds:References that contain the digest values of
the application data. Change any of those things, and the chain of math
computations is broken, and the signature won't verify."

I have tried to sign a SOAP XML and have been able to so successfully..I am
unable to understand the following, though.

a. From the signed XML, I can see that the ds:References contains a digest
value which is SHA1 generated. I also see the ds:SignatureValue element
containing a value..

Is the SignatureValue element contain the signature emcompassing the
ds:SignedInfo element? If yes, how is this signature generated? And secondly,
what is the need for the signature?

Regards,
Chetan Viswanath
0
techna (1)

XML Header

Email signatures with images
Hello, Can anyone tell me the correct or recommended way to insert an image into an email signature ?, the most common way can see is to link to an image on a web server somewhere. You can also copy and paste into front page, where it some how encodes it into the HTML, but apparently this only works for Microsoft based email clients, and the image is of poor quality. I would be grateful for any suggestions Thanks Kind Regards -Neil Young ...

Licensing question Terminal Services
Hey, I've got the following setup: - Windows SBS 2008 OEM on two machines (one AD/DC and one with the MS SQL 2008 server on it) - Windows Server 2008 Standard on a third machine acting as the Terminal Server I've purchased five TS User CALs and installed them on the TS machine - working, four used. I'm not very sure about two things though. If I buy new TS CALs do I have to buy five CALs for the SBS, too? And if, wouldn't a Windows Server CAL instead of the more expensive SBS CAL be enough? Thank you in advance -- pannal --------------------------...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

show XML schema and values

Web service XMLSerializer WSDL parameter descriptions
Hi Is it possible to decorate web service parameters with attributes that can add documentation elements to the complex type for a web method in WSDL, something similar to what the WebMethodAttribute provides for the method itself. For something lik [XmlRootAttribute("p") public sealed class Poin [XmlElementAttribute("x")] public int XCoOrdinate [XmlElementAttribute("y")] public int YCoOrdinate [WebMethodAttribute(Description="Do some work") public void DoWork(Point input ..... Is there anyway to include a similar description for the point param...

Outlook Web Access down
Outlook Web access was working on our server, but it no longer is. All the services that I know of that are required for OWA to work are running. Users are either getting a 404 Not Found error, or an "Enter Network Password" dialog that doesn't take them anywhere after they enter their username and password. Unfortunately, the person who set up OWA in the first place is no longer with the company. We are running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. Does Terminal Services have to be running in order for OWA to work? Thanks No, terminal services is not required for OWA....

Internet mail service shuts down
Recently I've been getting an application error with msexchimc.exe, which shuts down the internet mail server and we get no email. If I restart the internet mail server service, email resumes. The error message is as follows: An application error has occurred and an application log is being generated MSEXCIMC.EXE Exception access violation (Oxc0000005) Address: Ox0043550a This has happened several times over the last week or two and twice today. We are running Exchange 5.5 on a NT Small Business Server. Does anyone have any suggestions...

Offline synch using XML web-services

Downgrade Entourage Web Edition back to Entourage 2008

String to xml document

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

How to embed reports in Web Forms and Windows Forms?
Is there anywhere I can get the details about how to embed reports in Web Forms and Windows Forms? Seems like it require good skill and not that easy Thank you Regards Raj Raj Are you talking about Report Viewer control? "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53D4B36-2683-4166-BE47-B3ABFCAEF68F@microsoft.com... > Is there anywhere I can get the details about how to embed reports in Web > Forms and Windows Forms? > > Seems like it require good skill and not that easy > > Thank you > > Regards > Raj ...

Years of Service and Salary Range
I am trying to graph years of service (x axis) and the salary range (y axis), however, I am only able to get a head count for the y axis. What am I doing wrong? Hi, It sounds like you are plotting a range (headcount) that you don't need - to plot two non-touching ranges, select the first range and then hold down the Ctrl key and select the second one. Then create your chart. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "cingecdc" wrote: > I am trying to graph years of service (x axis) and the salary range (y axis), > however, I am only able to get a head count for the y axis...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

Synchronizing Money Investment data with MS Money on the web
Below is the inquiry on which I tried to get help from Microsoft Help. Wasn't able to do so I'm trying here. J. Witt ---------------------------------------------------------- I have been using MSN Money Plus on the web with the site's Investing/Portfolio Manager to record my stock transactions and maintain all of my investment data up to date. In addition, I use Microsoft Money 2004 to manage my banking and other financial tasks, and also pay bills with MSN Bill Pay. Just recently, with my Microsoft Money 2004 program, I have been attempting to to access and synchroni...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...