XML reader not validating

I have written folowing code for xml validation but it is not giving any errors for missing fields.
Even if the XML is in wrong format no error is thrown.

Here is the code...

Public Function validatexml(ByVal xml As String, ByVal operation As Integer) As Integer

Dim aTextReader As TextReader
aTextReader = New StringReader(xml)
Dim txtReader = XmlTextReader.Create(aTextReader)

bTextReader = New StreamReader("C:\\Schema\AddRequest.xsd")
Dim sc As New XmlSchema()
Dim schemareader As XmlReader = XmlReader.Create(bTextReader, Nothing)
sc = XmlSchema.Read(schemareader, AddressOf ValidationCallBack)

caseTextReader = New StreamReader("c:\\Schema\CaseRequest.xsd")
Dim caseSc As New XmlSchema()
Dim caseSchemareader As XmlReader = XmlReader.Create(caseTextReader)
caseSc = XmlSchema.Read(caseSchemareader, AddressOf ValidationCallBack)
caseSc.Parent = sc

Dim settings As New XmlReaderSettings()
settings.ValidationType = ValidationType.Schema settings.IgnoreWhitespace = True
settings.ValidationFlags = XmlSchemaValidationFlags.ProcessInlineSchema
settings.ValidationFlags = XmlSchemaValidationFlags.AllowXmlAttributes
settings.NameTable = New System.Xml.NameTable()

settings.Schemas.Add(sc)
settings.Schemas.Add(caseSc)

AddHandler settings.ValidationEventHandler, AddressOf ValidationCallBack

Dim Reader As XmlReader = XmlReader.Create(txtReader, settings)
While Reader.Read()
  Reader.Name.ToString()
End While
End Function

Private Sub ValidationCallBack(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As ValidationEventArgs)
 'catch the error messages and count
        p_Success = p_Success + 1
End Sub
0
saudamini

saudamini bhadange wrote:
> I have written folowing code for xml validation but it is not giving any errors for missing fields.
> Even if the XML is in wrong format no error is thrown.

You have set up a ValidationEventHandler thus any validation failure
will not result in error being thrown but rather in calling that
handler. As that handler does not output anything but simply increments
a variable I am not surprised that you don't see any errors. You need to
output args.Message in the handler.

If you still have problems then we need to see your XML and the schema(s).

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

XML Header

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

Validation List not showing external source.
I have a external reference on a Data Validation but the list will not show up unless I have the external reference spreadsheet open. I can manually type in the exact selection and it works fine. Unless I have the refernced spread sheet open, I can not see the list options. Is there a fix for this or is this a limitation on Excel? Any work arounds? David, Did you find the answer? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

String to xml document

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

data validation list from two columns
I have a list of every county, parish and borough in the US in a worksheet, like this: A B 1 HI Kauai County 2 HI Maui County 3 ID Ada County 4 ID Adams County 5 KY Adair County 6 KY Harlan County I would like to create a data validation list so that a user can quickly lookup county level data--accessed by an Index and Match formula. I hope to accomplish two things: 1) not force the user to scroll through all 3,000 county names 2) keep seperate Washington County in TN from Washington County in GA, IL, KY, etc. Assuming your list is sorted by state, you could use ...

Validation and Lookup
Im am creating a Price Inquiry tool... I am just having problems when it comes to the lookup for the prices... I have A1 as the Item Category drop down and B1 as the Item drop down... I want C3 to return the price of the item once B1 already has the exact item to lookup... I created the A1 and B1 as dependent drop down list. A B C 1 Gardening Water Hose Price Need help.. Please advise From what i understand is that you want column C to return the price of the item if column A is selected and column B, you select 'price' from t...

Valid Headers for Exchange 5.5 Export
Hi, I need to Export all permissions on all mailboxes in a specific container in Exchange 5.5. Does anybody know the correct headers used for this? Thanks in advance! ...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

News reader included in Outlook 07?
I read somewhere that the newsreader feature would be available in Outlook 07. My ISP also indicated that I can set up and aread from an Outlook folder. However, I can find no way to do this. A search of MS web site indicates that I have to buy an additional MAPI product for this to work. I guess I don't understand since I can read any group I want from Outlook Express. Why would this service not be available on the versio of the software that I paid for separately? Or, am I missing something? Since the MAPI servies is running on my machine why can't I simply access it from an ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

http xml post
Hi I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and send response back. But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a single key" I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Cindy "CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:eg9EfjVsIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). > > In my t...

Problem creating XML file...
Hi all! I'm trying to create this XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Build type="Daily" sync="True" compile="True" assemble="True" > <Sync version="1.0.0.0" branch="QA"> <Directories basePath="//OpicsPlus/Source/Release" /> </Sync> </Build> For this, I'm trying to use the code below: private static BuildConfiguration SaveXML(XmlDocument xml, string fileName) { // Creates the nodelist XmlNodeList nodeList; XmlElement user = xml.Docume...

writing an xml inside XmlReader or XPathDocument to a file.xml
I believe this should be pretty elementary, but for some reason I cannot seem to think of how to write the an XML file from an incoming XML file. Basically this is what I do: Input: XmlReader instance from another module (beyond my control) Operations: XPathDocument = new XPathDocument(XmlReader); Then translation using XslTransform and output into XML2.xml NOW THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO: How can I ALSO write the Incoming XmlReader to a file ? I need this to help debug issues with the incoming file. So in essence I want to be able to take an XmlReader or XPathDocument and write it...

XML vs. SQL Database
I am developing a home project to be later released as an online application. I am currently using XML to store game data, user/member data, and other. Assuming a user base of 10,000 active users, is there a conflict if one user is updating information and another user is creating data on the same xml file? For example: User 1: update inventory that exists in the XML file User 2: new user adding their inventory data in the XML file Thanks for your help. Michael "Michael Jesse" <michaeljesse1973@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:tUVDd.13357$iC4.7938@newssvr30.news....