XML Pipeline - Connecting two Infrastructures

Hi.

We were apprached by our supplier to update our inventory using their
xml output.

The question I have is how (brief overview) would this work and what
are the security concerns.

Our system was design in .net with a sql 2000 back-end.

I understand that this is a fairly basic question for this group, but
I'd thought that I'd ask here and recieve expert insight.

JJ

0
ski_tango (1)

XML Header

Identify files on two diff spreadsheets
I need help... I have two spreadsheets, named 2008 and RS, both with file numbers in column A1 with different information in the other columns. I need to know if the files on the spreadsheet "RS" are on the spreadsheet "2008" and if so, then put a "1" in column "U" next to that file on the "2008" spreadsheet. I tried the vlookup function, but couldn't quite figure it out. Please help. Thanks in advance. Try this formula in column U of the 2008 sheet: =IF(COUNTIF(RS!A:A,'2008'!A1)>0,"U","") ...

Calculating no of work days between two dates
Please advise how to calculate the number of work days (excludin weekeends and holidays) between two date -- fluffywhitedo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fluffywhitedoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3528 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55075 =NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,holidays) holidays is a range of holiday dates. You will need to have the Analysis Toolpak installed, Tools>Addins, and cheek it. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address ...

combined two countif functions
I want to have a table as such: state population CO 100 NE 200 CO 300 I want to count the number of times state is CO and Population is > 200. In the example it should result in a count of 1. How do i formulate this? thanks. Hi Geoff Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A3="CO")*(B1:B3>200)) HTH Michael Mitchelson "Geoff" wrote: > I want to have a table as such: > > state population > > CO 100 > NE 200 > CO 300 > > I want to count the number of times state is CO and Population is > >...

how to compare two excel files
i would like to know how to compare two excel files. is there any tool for that? in addtion is there any way to maintain several versions of the same file with easy way to have diff between them? thanks, -- Miri Tz. Hi Miri, There are a number of programs out in the market that provide more complex comparision. Otherwise you could simply make a new sheet and copy the following formula into A1: =if('[book1.xls]sheet1'!a1='[book2.xls]sheet1'!a1,"","<<<") anotherway to do it is to run the following you need to set up the workbook and workshee...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

Mail Message being delivered every two hours
Hi, We're currently running exchange 5.5 Sp4 and are having the following problem. A user sent a message to a group of user yesterday afternoon, and ever since then, everyone in the group has been receiving the message in exactly two hour intervals since the message was sent. Can anyone advise on how I can resolve this problem. Thanks SteveO: The problem could be that the sender's Outlook OST (offline file) is corrupt. If that's the case, then do either of these: a) On the user's PC, open up the mailbox in OFFLINE mode. You should see the message in the Outbox - de...

show XML schema and values

SUMIF with two conditions ?
:cool: OK I have tried just about everything and can not find the righ combination for seems like a simple problem: IN A1 IF N79:N83 >=1 AND IF N79:N83 <=7 THEN SUM K79:N8 -- Calvi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Calvin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26341 Hi Calvin one way =SUMPRODUCT(--(N79:N83>=1),--(N79:N83<=7),N79:N83) Cheers JulieD "Calvin" <Calvin.1d4dfz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message...

Offline synch using XML web-services

String to xml document

Delete a corrupted store with two orphaned mailboxes in it
Hello. I had data corruption a few months ago and had to create a new store and move mailboxes to it. For some reason after moving all of the mailboxes, two mailboxes were left behind in the old corrupted store with red Xs next to them. I do not care about these mailboxes. When I try to delete them I get a error message stating that the database files are corrupted. All I want to do is dismount the store and delete it. Can I just do that or do these orphaned mailboxes have to be deleted first? Thanks. On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:22:41 -0400, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreil...

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

How to Chart the Maximum Point within Two Loops
I have the following dataset. For each person in Column A, I want to find their maximum sales $ in Column B for each of the location in Column C and plot them out in a bar chart. There will be always two locations (series) for each person. A B C D 1 Faye 14,874 China 7/4/2005 2 Faye 18,050 China 6/27/2005 3 Faye 31,255 US 6/20/2005 4 Faye 56,351 US 6/13/2005 5 Faye 59,352 US 6/6/2005 6 Faye 74,887 US 5/30/2005 7 Jean 42,671 China 5/23/2005 8 Jean 45,560 China 5/16/2005 9 Jean 60,170 China 5/9/2005 10 Jean 100,357 US 5/2/2005 11 Jean 112,163 US 4/25/20...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Extract number from two delimiter
Hello, I have several text of the following format in a column int a; char ball[3]; long c1 [300 ]; char d; I would like to extract the number between two '[' ']' square brackets and store it in an adjacent column. If a text does not have the the square brackets, I would like to have number 1 stored in the adjacent column. There could be also spaces in between the brackets (row 3 shows an example). I would appreciate if anybody can help me using a cell formula to achieve this. Thanks in advance, Bill One way =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("[&qu...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

Two scanners at the same time
Hi! One of my employees has a hard time using the Symbol LS 2008 because you have to press a button. I have thus installed a Metrologic MS 9520. I like the Symbol better. The MS is plugged via wedge. Can I also have a Symbol scanner (USB) plugged in at the same time? As long as you are using a PS/2 keyboard you should be fine. The Metrologic Wedge interface won't work unless a Keyboard is plugged in behind it - or at least that was my experience before we switched to all USB devices... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -----------...