XML passing on URL

I have a site that when a user clicks on a hyperlink I want to send an
XML stream to the page being linked to.  How can I send this XML,
either a file that exists or a document of type
System.XML.XmlDocument?  Is this possible?  Thanks for any help.
0
astorm (1)

XML Header

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

pass to textbox on a form and to excel worksheet
I have a calendar on a user form, along with 2 textboxes. The code works thus far. The user must click in a textbox and click a date in the calendar. I want the dates to also go to excel worksheet. Now it will if I click on each textbox with the dates a second time. How can I get the dates to go without that second click. My code is below: (NOTE: This is code I got from the community site and revised for my needs) Option Explicit Dim LastTextBox As MSForms.TextBox Private Sub TextBox1_Enter() 'Gives focus to textbox on userform Set LastTextBox = Me.TextBox1 ...

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

String to xml document

Mailto or URL links in spreadsheet no longer work
Out of the blue, my brother says mailto links and urls no longer work from within an Excel spreadsheet. i.e. click on the email address & it should open the mail client. He gets an error message related to security saying go to the administrator. I guess this is a security problem from XP, but I am clueless as to how he can fix it. Thanks Greg If you can remember the 60's....you weren't really there You can turn off automatic generation of hyperlinks on or off in Excel 2002 and up under Tools, Autocorrect Options..., -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [si...

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Getting file name from url path
Hi All, I have a url path(CString) how do i get the file name from it in CString ?? I dont want to use _tsplitpath .. On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:02:09 -0800 (PST), jklioe <ranu2006@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have a url path(CString) how do i get the file name from it in >CString ?? I dont want to use _tsplitpath .. > personally I always convert strings to c++ strings ... string dir = pathName; dir.erase(dir.find_last_of("\\", dir.length()-1) + 1, dir.length()); But that entails the extra step of converting CString to a c++ string .... if I recall corre...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

http xml post
Hi I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and send response back. But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a single key" I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Cindy "CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:eg9EfjVsIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). > > In my t...

Problem creating XML file...
Hi all! I'm trying to create this XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Build type="Daily" sync="True" compile="True" assemble="True" > <Sync version="1.0.0.0" branch="QA"> <Directories basePath="//OpicsPlus/Source/Release" /> </Sync> </Build> For this, I'm trying to use the code below: private static BuildConfiguration SaveXML(XmlDocument xml, string fileName) { // Creates the nodelist XmlNodeList nodeList; XmlElement user = xml.Docume...

Word/Excel attachments are converted to URL.
After receiving word or excel documents as attachments, they become a URL. If you click on it, Explorer says that it can't find the file. But if you right click on the message and then view attachment, it will open. At first I thought it was the AutoArchive feature, but I've turned this off. ...

pass a value
hi i have an unbound texbox (totinputs)on a form that adds together several over textbox ie =text2 + text3+text4+text6 no problems so far i want to pass the value of textbox(toinputs) to a bound textbox (totals) i have tried using on change event and afterupdate but neither work the afterupdate event is below Private Sub totinputs_AfterUpdate() Me.[totals].Value = Me.[totinputs].value End Sub any ideas how to do this thanks kevin Hi Kevin, > i have an unbound texbox (totinputs)on a form that adds together > several over textbox > ie =text2 + text3+tex...

writing an xml inside XmlReader or XPathDocument to a file.xml
I believe this should be pretty elementary, but for some reason I cannot seem to think of how to write the an XML file from an incoming XML file. Basically this is what I do: Input: XmlReader instance from another module (beyond my control) Operations: XPathDocument = new XPathDocument(XmlReader); Then translation using XslTransform and output into XML2.xml NOW THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO: How can I ALSO write the Incoming XmlReader to a file ? I need this to help debug issues with the incoming file. So in essence I want to be able to take an XmlReader or XPathDocument and write it...

XML vs. SQL Database
I am developing a home project to be later released as an online application. I am currently using XML to store game data, user/member data, and other. Assuming a user base of 10,000 active users, is there a conflict if one user is updating information and another user is creating data on the same xml file? For example: User 1: update inventory that exists in the XML file User 2: new user adding their inventory data in the XML file Thanks for your help. Michael "Michael Jesse" <michaeljesse1973@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:tUVDd.13357$iC4.7938@newssvr30.news....