Xml Node exists

Hello,

How can I check if a parameter (node) already exists in my xmldocument?
If it does not exists I have to add it

example:

If ExistsNode("SID") Then
 'add the node
End If

I need some help for the "ExistsNode" function

<xml version="1.0">
<parameters>
<parameter>
<paramName>patnr</paramName>
<paramValue>00000</paramValue>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<paramName>SID</paramName>
<paramValue>00898798798798798D8d000</paramValue>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<paramName>GUID</paramName>
<paramValue>0090-JDI900000000-KKKDL000</paramValue>
</parameter>
</parameters>
</xml>

Gene Vangampelaere wrote:

> How can I check if a parameter (node) already exists in my xmldocument?
> If it does not exists I have to add it
>
> example:
>
> If ExistsNode("SID") Then
>  'add the node
> End If
>
> I need some help for the "ExistsNode" function
>
> <xml version="1.0">
> <parameters>
> <parameter>
> <paramName>patnr</paramName>
> <paramValue>00000</paramValue>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <paramName>SID</paramName>
> <paramValue>00898798798798798D8d000</paramValue>
> </parameter>
> <parameter>
> <paramName>GUID</paramName>
> <paramValue>0090-JDI900000000-KKKDL000</paramValue>
> </parameter>
> </parameters>
> </xml>

You can use XPath e.g.
   If xmlDocument.SelectSingleNode("/parameters/parameter[@paramName =
'SID']") Is Nothing Then
     ' Add node

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

XML Header

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

DESPARATE FOR EXAMPLE of modify node in xmlDocument using script in html
Hi, I've spent the past 2 days reading EVERYTHING I could find on this...but still foggy. If someone could give me an example of how to do the following: I have an xml doc (step-by-step instructions, not a data-type doc), transformed using an xsl stylesheet in an asp.net web control. In the html result, I have <step> elements, some of which have a user input textbox <measurement>. In the stylesheet, for each of these inputs I have a Verify button that appears next to the <measure> input box. HOW to I put the javascript or vb code into the xsl spreadsheet so that it wi...

SQL server does not exist or access denied
Hi, I am trying to install CRM 3.0 on a SBS2003 Premium Edition with SQL 2000sp4 running and during the system requirements check I get a message under SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services that: SQL server does not exist or access denied. I am sure that SQL server is running but during the setup CRM does not see it. I have also changed the authentication method to mixed but that didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks. hi there, even i was having the same problem but got it fixed. it seems that you dont have the right service pack for sql, that is the reason the i...

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

String to xml document

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

Location Translation ID "ISSUE"...which should not exist, I am sur
I believe that I have answered the question as to why I am going grey. The task that I am struggling with, should be simple enough, yet....! During the original conversion/migration etc. from our NT server, running GP 7.0 PSQL (v8) to our MSSQL server, running GP 7.5 (SQL), I used my laptop as an intermediary system, following the procedure of first installing PSQL, than GP 7.0 (Server/Client), copying all of the company files from the NT server, etc. Than I upgraded this to GP 7.5 PSQL, and followed this with the migration to the SQL server. Everything worked smoothly, and we have been runn...

[Winsock]Multiple OnReceive function exist?
I use VSocket derived from CSocket class to create a server-client application.At client side, I receives data sent from server to client in the OnReceive notification funcion: --- void VSocket::OnReceive(int nErrorCode) { unsigned int port,retvalue; retvalue = ReceiveFrom(s_szData, s_nLength, address, port); if(retvalue==SOCKET_ERROR) return; m_pDlg (CClientDlg *)m_pDlg)->ProcessData(s_szData,retvalue); } --- I know that when there is data in the buffer that can be retrieved, the winsock framework calls OnReceive function to notify this socket. I c...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

i enter value in one column the next column existing value turn 0
I am working same work sheet with two columns one is Anticipated Variation cost and the other approved variation with corresponding total. when i enter cost in approved variation the corresponding row in anticipated variation column should auotmaticlly become zero.cna you help me out with the formula to use =IF(A1<>"",0,"") -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Bonnie" <Bonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F5A64A0-224E-4C75-84A9-BC7DCABD52F7@microsoft.com... >I am working same work sheet with two columns o...

Can't see existing files when saving attachments.
I'm a teacher at a college and my students submit their homework via zipped email attachments, so I get a lot of email each day with attached files. Between a quarter and a third of the time when I attempt to save the attachment to an existing folder which already contains files, some or all of the existing files are not visible. I've just noticed that this is particularly true for zipped files. Exiting and re-entering Outlook usually 'fixes' the problem. All of the files are then visible. I've tried a variety of search combos in the Knowledgebase with no s...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

How can I add / attach an existing contact to a Lead?
I want to use an existing contact for creating a Lead. I do not see any such provision on Microsoft CRM 3.0 version. Can anyone guide me on this? Hi, Thansk for the reply, but our org. Process needs this change as opportunity cannot exist without a quote, so anything without a quote is a Lead and to which I want to attach a contact. Is there any plug in available from any third party vendor? Can we write a code to acheieve this? "Alistaird @ 2B.net" wrote: > Hi > > The concept behind leads is that when you convert the lead you can assign it > to a existing cus...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

http xml post
Hi I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and send response back. But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a single key" I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Cindy "CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:eg9EfjVsIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). > > In my t...

open existing files
I recently upgraded to Excel 2002. Under my previous version I could open files by choosing OPEN and then entering any portion of a file name in the FILE NAME and Excel would provide me with a list of matches. Now, no matter what I enter in FILE NAME, Excel returns a blank. Do I need to change a setting? It looks like a change in Excel's behavior to me. You can enter *your text* (an asterisk before and after your file name fragment) to get similar behavior. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...