XML inheritance, question about xml configuration. Thanks

For a long time, I am looking for a way to setup a standard way XML
inheritance for my project. I am sure the way I call it is not right, but I
think what I need is reasonable.

Basically, I want something work like web.config, my project have many
levels, on each level, user can put some settings into XML, what I need is a
way to give user the ability to change all settings when they want, in the
mean time, inherit settings if they are not set in current level, for
example,

one level 1, I could have setting like

<settings>
 <section id="1">
  <pagesize>16</pagesize>
  <theme>blue</pagesize>
 </section>
</settings>

on level 2, if there is a XML setting like

<settings>
 <section id="1">
  <pagesize>10</pagesize>
 </section>
</settings>

the level will have pagesize 10, and theme blue, I can code to implement
that. But I always think there should be a standard way to do it. just like
the web.config, the setting XML could have very complex data.

Any suggestion?

thanks!

0
davidw4067 (15)

XML Header

Newbie Questions
This must be incredibly easy, but I've poked around in most of the chart options I can find and haven't been able to see it. I have a sheet that looks something like: 6/11/05 6/12/05 6/13/05 ... Inventory Totals A 419 431 432 ... B 145 145 144 ... I'm charting only the values in the A row, 419, 434, etc. An appropriate range is shown on the Y axis. I have the X axis formatted as dates, but I get the dates 1/1, 1/2, etc. How do I tie the X axis labels to the dates in my data? Another question: This data will grow indefini...

Licensing question Terminal Services
Hey, I've got the following setup: - Windows SBS 2008 OEM on two machines (one AD/DC and one with the MS SQL 2008 server on it) - Windows Server 2008 Standard on a third machine acting as the Terminal Server I've purchased five TS User CALs and installed them on the TS machine - working, four used. I'm not very sure about two things though. If I buy new TS CALs do I have to buy five CALs for the SBS, too? And if, wouldn't a Windows Server CAL instead of the more expensive SBS CAL be enough? Thank you in advance -- pannal --------------------------...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

os upgrade questions
The backroom system at one of our stores was still on Windows 98. I wanted to upgrade to to XP sp2. I installed the upgrade but when the system booted up the sql server would not connect. It said that it was not a installed service. After many new grey hairs I was able to unistall the XP and get the system up and running with only 15 minutes to spare before the store opened. Do I need to reinstall the server inorder to do this upgrade? Could someone please give me some assistance on this? I am using the sql version that came with the retail management software. On Jan 12, 9:17...

Printing questions (partII)
I have this spreadsheet with a calendar for a whole year. Each month is on a separate tab and covers a whole page when printed. I would like these features if they are possible. 1- have a button on each page that prints the actual month (page that is been looked at), and the following month. So if somebody is looking at the month of May, and clicks the button, automatically the June, July, August, Sep... and so on must be printed. This means that the button has to be changed for every month, but that's no problem. I need a macro that prints more than one sheet. 2- this one is tricky: if...

I want to use excel to keep track of my book collection, but I have a question...
Hi, I want to create a database of sorts using excel to keep track of my book collection, but I have a question. Essentially for each book listed on a row I want a column for each of the following: book title, author, publisher, year, and genre. I've used Excel before and have seen a spreadsheet with a worksheet like the above which had a second worksheet that had a button marked "Add book details" When you clicked it you filled the info above into a few boxes and then it would actually add the info you typed in, into the first worksheet and even sorted it into the corr...

Ex 5.5 question
I currently have an Ex5.5 SP4 server running on a Domain Controller that is part of ForestA/DomainA. I need to demote the domain controller (dcpromo) and then promote it again into it's OWN forest and domain as a standalone DC. The question is what will this do to Exchange 5.5 on the server? (when I re-promote the DC I plan to give it the same computer/domain name). Thanks. Exchange 5.5 is a self contained directory so the act of demotion should have no impact. What ADCs? Do you have any? How are you managing users? You also need to make sure any name resolution for your Exch...

Immediate Window question
hi a) how can I open the Immediate Window from code? (not <ctrl> G) b) can I 'clear' the Immediate Window from code? (like <ctrl> A, delete) Thank you -- cinnie "cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:545437CA-4488-451E-BE7E-B5EC43606102@microsoft.com... > hi > a) how can I open the Immediate Window from code? (not <ctrl> G) > b) can I 'clear' the Immediate Window from code? (like <ctrl> A, delete) > Thank you > -- > cinnie Neither of those actions are available in VBA. Your...

Range Sum Question
Ok, I have a open question on summing a range. Here is my situation, jus need to know if there is a formula that I can apply to make my lif simple. I have months going across a row (Jan through Dec) and my categorie down the columns. This is current month data and I want to have column off to the right of my data where I can quickly determine th YTD values. Therefore, if I have data from Jan through Sep, and I wan to see what the YTD is through August for my data. Is there a way t have a "key" that I can input into to adjust the sum function to su just though August? Any s...

show XML schema and values

Vlookup Question 04-21-10
Hi Every One, I hope you all are doing well, I required your help to resolve my issue in excel. On single worksheet i have two different sheet name as 1.IP Range 2. Result. Question: EG:IP Range Start IP End IP Area 192.168.1.4 195.182.254.254 AG 10.15.33.10 10.18.56.254 EMEA 10.128.33.5 10.132.40.60 AP Here it will Continued as well. On Result sheet i required result like: IP Area 192.170.30.30 AG 194.168.10.20 AG 10.131.37.20 EMEA 10.170.255.255 NA 10.129.36.8 AP I required result on area column. Here we have more than 50000 IP's but very difficul...

Offline synch using XML web-services

Text Formula Question
In COL A, I have a list of 2 and 3 digit charactors. I would like to seperate each string into the three adjacent columns. KQ AJs TT 89s KQ K Q AJs A J s TT T T 89s 8 9 s I know that I can use the Left function for the first col, but cant figure out how to get just the middle or third letters. Thanks in advance, Andrew Check your last post! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------...

Beginner question #2
Please forgive what might be a beginner question. I have a spread sheet that is made up of 10 columns. I would like to make it so that each time I change a number in these columns, the sub-total at the bottom of each column changes automatically AND so that the sub-total in the far right column changes automatically. Is there a template for this?? Thanks so much!!! You would use a function for that, lets say you have values in A1 to A10, then in A11 place this =SUM(A1:A10), or =A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6+A7+A8+A9+A10. got the idea?? "jenny" <jenny@hotmail.net> skrev i melding ne...

stupid question #2
i have a spreadsheet that the last person working on it put last name and first name in the same cell i would like it to have a last name column and a first name column. is it possible to split the contents with out having to retype it all. P.S. there are over 1000 entries ;O) Select the cells with names in and then:- data|text to columns and use the wizard Mike "Kimberly" wrote: > i have a spreadsheet that the last person working on it put last name and > first name in the same cell i would like it to have a last name column and a > first name column. > is it p...

unauthorized password and security question change
I lost ability to log into my Windows Live hotmail acct last night due to my password being changed without my knowledge. I was not able to reset my password because my security question was also eliminated and an alternative email address that belongs to an unknown person was entered instead. So now I cannot request password info without a total stranger receiving it. I need this fixed and have spent all night trying to find a real person to talk to, to help me with this. I had to set up a second email acct just to engage in this discussion, but it does not help me gain contro...

String to xml document

Re: Noobish question about DBGrid and .mdb files
Sorry I forgot - DBGrid controls are for RDO - DataGrid controls are for ADO - in my experience DataGrid controls are better. "Clive Minnican" <clive@mail.com> wrote in message news:... > You need to create an ADO Data Control first... See the doc below taken from > Visual C++ 6 online help (Using ADO Databinding in Visual C++). I started > off using the DBGrid control but I now prefer to populate a CListCtrl > manually from a CRecordset because you get a lot more control. It's not as > hard as it sounds either - just read up on CDatabase and CRecordset and ...

Beginner of XML

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Questions on Activities
We have a few questions on Activities and History in CRM - 1) Our major issue is the fact we can't customise this section at all :o( Will it be possible to customise the layouts and database schema for activities in the Intl. version of CRM? The major problem with this is the fact that the Subject field is free text - we want to restrict this to a picklist. We're surprised that Category and Sub Category are also free text :o( 2) There doesn't seem to be a way of knowing whether an activity had been completed or cancelled in the UI! 3) Why can't you create an appointment in w...

Data vs. forms & Unload/reload questions
A .mdb file seems to encompass both the database and all the 'code' (forms, modules, and logic) used to CRUD the data in the tables. 1) Is there any way to separate the database from the code into separate files, eg. the db is mydata.mdb and the 'code is in a separate file, eg. code.mdb? 2) Say you have v1.0 of an app and the tables and attributes are populated with data. You then go and build v2.0 of the app, adding tables and columns to what already existed in v1.0, and perhaps moving some of the v1.0 attributes into different tables. What is the recommended way to unload/reloa...