XML editor - what can they do?

I there an editor that produce automatic XML code, in the same manner
that Frontpage produce html.

How about the XSL stylesheet? Is there an automatic stylesheet generator
for the corresponding XML?
0
redex1398 (3)

"Reds" <redex1398@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I there an editor that produce automatic XML code, in the same manner
> that Frontpage produce html.

Frontpage produces HTML because the user layouts out a page using a
Graphical interface and HTML can express the layout necessary to reproduce
the desired result.

That works because HTML defines a large set of element names and attributes
that have specific meaning.

However there no defined names or attributes with any specific meaning in
XML so how would an editor know what to create?

> How about the XSL stylesheet? Is there an automatic stylesheet generator
> for the corresponding XML?

Again you asking an automatic tool to work in a semantic vacuum.  The
generator would have to understand the meaning of the XML elements to start
with and would also need some other definition of how such meanings would be
represented visually.

Only then would a an automatic tool have a fighting chance of creating XSL
that can transform the XML.  However the effort involved in all this would
be greater than the effort to create the XSL manually.

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

0
Ant1508 (14)
1/10/2008 11:07:23 AM
Reds wrote:
> I there an editor that produce automatic XML code, in the same manner
> that Frontpage produce html.
>
> How about the XSL stylesheet? Is there an automatic stylesheet generator
> for the corresponding XML?

Ummm.... VisualStudio? It's always worked for me... Just Add an XML file
to your project.

-ca
0
Chris
1/12/2008 3:43:53 AM
XML Notepad 2007 is a nice tool as well.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=72D6AA49-787D-4118-BA5F-4F30FE913628&displaylang=en

--
JASON FAY

"Chris Anderson [MVP-VB]" <tg-nospam@tannagh-dawt-com> wrote in message
> Reds wrote:
>> I there an editor that produce automatic XML code, in the same manner
>> that Frontpage produce html.
>>
>> How about the XSL stylesheet? Is there an automatic stylesheet generator
>> for the corresponding XML?
>
> Ummm.... VisualStudio? It's always worked for me... Just Add an XML file
> to your project.
>
> -ca

0
jason.fay (1)

XML Header

HOW CAN I PUT A TICK IN A CELL
Can anyone tell me how I can put a tick mark in a cell in Office Excel Font Marlett, letter a -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EAEA117-A8B0-46D0-BBEB-1666282DC481@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how I can put a tick mark in a cell in Office Excel Go to Insert and symbol and scroll down about two thirds, all symbols are there "Kevin" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how I can put a tick mark in a cell in Office Excel ...

Can't find a property name
Hi, Your help is greatly appreciated. The following code snippet displays the Object Data OK... but if I try to update the edited fields SeqNum or Title I get the following error message: Could not find a property named 'SeqNum' on the type specified by the DataObjectTypeName property in ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1'. How do I define the Binding objects property names ?? <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" Runat="server" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Width="100%" DataKey...

Can you put an alert on a customer?
We have had a customer write bad check with us. He's since paid us, but he was not all that cooperative in getting payment to us to cover the check. We are hapy doing business with him if he's paying with cash or credit cards, but don't want to take checks from him. Is there any way to either have: A) an alert pop up when his account is selected statinf that checks are not allowed, or B) make it impossible for checks to be accepted on his account? Hi Meralee, Would you be interested in custom alert solution?. if so please drop a email. Regards, nj.tech@hotmail.com "...

Read XHTML into XML

what can i do for open a fail if lost the pasword
what can i do for open a fail if lost the pasword pls send me the files and I'll open and send bac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Me too , May I know your email address ? and tell me how to send emai to you ? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Please see below link to get a list of password recovery tools. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/pword.htm Also if you are looking to recover password of a protecte sheet/workbook, see http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.htmlee Regards, Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com THANKS MR R...

How to invoke the xml editor?

How can I get the version number of the installed Speech API?
Till now my MFC program uses TextToSpeech by means of the Speech SDK and SAPI 5.0. For a certain reason I must now use SAPI 5.1. Therefore I must make in my program the following decision: nothing yet installed => install SAPI 5.1 SAPI 5.0 installed => install SAPI 5.1 SAPI 5.1 installed => do nothing Can I somehow get in my MFC program the current SAPI version number with e.g. a SAPI function or similar? Thanks for any helpful comments. Eddy "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D51C8B3D-4996-43F8-8238-D8F15DC52...

show XML schema and values

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

How can I convert text to all lowercase?
How can I convert text to all lowercase? I know that I can use the Format menu to convert a block of text to all uppercase, but is there any way to convert it to lowercase? If not with Excel, how about Word, DOS, any other way. I'm using Excel 7.0 (Office 95). Thanks in advance! Take a look at David McRitchie's Lower() Macro (I believe it will work in XL7): http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower In article <20031207155812.23043.00000330@mb-m27.aol.com>, hbyardsale@aol.comnetorg (HBYardSale) wrote: > How can I convert text to all lowercase? > &g...

Offline synch using XML web-services

How can I get rid of these colons
Hi, Here is one entry row of 7000 I have imported from a text database which I will want to eventually export as a csv file for another database. You will see that there is a : after every field entry. How can I get rid of these please? I have Excel 2002 Rock sK9R4ABb: teddals: tc7243: tcooke1@inet.org: Ted: Cooke: : 051217: Members: 46 Cambridge Crescent: Bungjup: Wendlet: Alabama: 6168:00:00 USA: N/A: N/A: Over_40: : : : : ADMIN ACTIVATE I used Find > Replace under Edit to remove the :'s from your example. Replace with 'nothing'. HTH Regards, Howard "rock&...

Can I change the calendar on the To Do bar to a public calendar?
A user monitors a shared group calendar in an office. She would like to have this calender displayed on the To-Do bar in Outlook 2007. Can it be done? No, unfortunately. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://f...

String to xml document

Why can't I unhide a hiden row
A new problem in Excel - when I hide a row, suddenly I can't use the "unhide" menu command to unhide the row. I have to use the tool and pull it down and resize it. Anyone experienced this? Thanks Does the "UnHide" show up on the menu (or is it greyed out - protected sheet). Are you selecting the rows on either side of the hidden rows? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "JBurke" <JBurke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FD4E7BC-76E7-4BE2-ABF4-7789A13C8E00@microsoft.com... >...

One user can't open 8bit encoded attachments
In other words, she *can* open: ------=_20040113181659_96122 Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="test.rtf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="test.rtf" but *can't* open: ------=_20040113181659_96122 Content-Type: text/richtext; name="POPR Report.rtf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="test.rtf" The latter *can* be opened on the intranet with OWA, but trying to open it in Outlook 2002 produces the error attached. Any ideas, causes, fixes? -- NeilH ...

can you autofill 12 worksheets each with the name of relevant mon.
most of my work is done on a monthly basis, so i would like to know if there is a quick way of setting up new workbooks with 12 worksheets each containing the name of the relevant month on the sheet tab and in cell a1 on the worksheet You should just make a Template and use that but this will do it. The myarry line is ONE line Sub NewMonthlyWB() myarray = Array("Dec", "Nov", "Oct", "Sep", "Aug", "Jul", "Jun", "May", "Apr", "Mar", "Feb", "Jan") Workbooks.Add With ActiveWo...

Beginner of XML

Outlook, NT Exchange 4.5, VPN, Domain..... Can't make it all work. PLZ help, will reward.
Really stuck with the Outlook� Situation: NT SBS 4.5 server. 6 machines connected to it on a domain. All suck internet through a LAN broadband router. Server used to be configured on a modem dial-up and emails worked fine. Now with this new ADSL setup (new provider) emails get stuck on despatch. Finding the SMTP server configuration has been a task I didn't manage. Can anyone help? I can only find the SMTP settings for the administrator on the server but that is of no use� I found a setting where all mail is forwarded to an internet based server but no place for a password or login. The...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

windows can't check for updates
i had windows automatic downlad ,but the last 2 weeks i get a message saying it can't downlad updates and when i do it manually i get this code ...80072EFD.how can this be corrected .i have not changes any setting in my firewall as it saids when i chek on the erroe. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than...

Publisher Can Not Open Files from a Dif. Version--Help
I have Publisher 2000 version SP-3 (what a strange version!) I'm trying to open a publisher file that was created in Pub 2000 version 6.0 and it won't let me. It says Can not open file from a dif. version. Is there anything I can do about this. In not, that's crazy. Both versions are from 2000! Any help you can give would be great! Are you running Norton antivirus? "ajb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4B31BC3-CA7C-41EE-8EB4-968BCBA1D370@microsoft.com... > I have Publisher 2000 version SP-3 (what a strange version!) I'm trying ...

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...