xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete

Hello,

I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration
App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but
not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around

Thansk

Alejandro P.

?
<alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration
> App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but
> not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around
>
> Thansk
>
> Alejandro P.

Visual Studio .NET 2003 does not support DTD based intellisense.

The new XML editor in Visual Studio 2005 does.

This new XML editor is in the express versions which you can download from:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/

<alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration
> App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but
> not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around
>
> Thansk
>
> Alejandro P.

0
clovett1 (13)

XML Header

Visual Basic Macro modification
Tried to figure this out on my own, but i can't seem to get the right combination. I want to keep this macro looping until I hit cancel on the 1st pop-up. How would the code be modified? Currently, I click the button, scan the document, scan the assignee barcode. This is the point that I want it to start back again. So the sequence would be this... - Press the find (currently in code) - Scan the barcode (currently in code) - Locate barcode in Column A (currently in code) - Move to one cell to right - column B (currently in code) - Scan barcode and populate B (currently in code) - Loop b...

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

Non-Unicode strings in VB.NET?
I've been reading the MSDN documentation on the System.Char and System.String types and they mention Unicode throughout without even mentioning non-Unicode versions. How do I get a gool 'ol one-byte char and non-Unicode string in .NET? Thanks, Alain > I've been reading the MSDN documentation on the System.Char and > System.String types and they mention Unicode throughout without even > mentioning non-Unicode versions. How do I get a gool 'ol one-byte char and > non-Unicode string in .NET? You don't. You can get a byte array, but there ...

Repairing .NET Framework and Exchange
I use a 3rd party application to archive emails. This application has recently broke. The support team for the application have suggested repairing the .NET Framework. What implications does this have on Exchange? We are not using OMA or OWA. Is there anything I should be cautious about before or during this procedure. Here is a link to the KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830646#6 Thanks in advance for any ideas. ...

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

String to xml document

Beginner of XML

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

Visual Studio Tools #2
Hi All I am using visual studio 2005 and microsoft dynamics 9.0 . Is there any way to add the menu under cards or transaction , I mean to say other then the "Extra" menu . I had created the menu using Dexterity under the above mentioned menu . Hi Sandeep At this time Dexterity is the only tool which can create a new menu entry. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:dmusgrav@online.microso...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

Excel libraries in VB.NET
Does anyone know the difference between the Excel 5 library and Excel 11.0 Object Library? I am using Visual Studio 2008 and cannot find a listing (under COM libraries) for 11.0. Thanks, Alan The libraries are not really much different. The libraries are mostly wrappers which call the DLLs in Windos. The DLL's are located in two locations 1) Windows/system32 2) Program Files ...\Office11 (or the version of office installed on you PC). I don't know if excel 5 is refering to the VB-5 or Office 95. Office 2000 and up are pretty similar just some enhanc...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

http xml post
Hi I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and send response back. But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a single key" I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Cindy "CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:eg9EfjVsIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). > > In my t...

Problem creating XML file...
Hi all! I'm trying to create this XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Build type="Daily" sync="True" compile="True" assemble="True" > <Sync version="1.0.0.0" branch="QA"> <Directories basePath="//OpicsPlus/Source/Release" /> </Sync> </Build> For this, I'm trying to use the code below: private static BuildConfiguration SaveXML(XmlDocument xml, string fileName) { // Creates the nodelist XmlNodeList nodeList; XmlElement user = xml.Docume...

writing an xml inside XmlReader or XPathDocument to a file.xml
I believe this should be pretty elementary, but for some reason I cannot seem to think of how to write the an XML file from an incoming XML file. Basically this is what I do: Input: XmlReader instance from another module (beyond my control) Operations: XPathDocument = new XPathDocument(XmlReader); Then translation using XslTransform and output into XML2.xml NOW THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO: How can I ALSO write the Incoming XmlReader to a file ? I need this to help debug issues with the incoming file. So in essence I want to be able to take an XmlReader or XPathDocument and write it...