XML/DTD interpreted display...

Is there control in VB2005 (VS8.0) that can display & allow editing of mixed
content XML as defined in specified DTD WYSIWYG style???

Thanks in Advance...

--
Timothy Casey GPEMC! >> 11950 is the number@fieldcraft.com.au 2email
          Terms & conditions apply.  See www.fieldcraft.biz/GPEMC

0
number1 (4)

Number 11950 - GPEMC! Replace number with 11950 wrote:
> Is there control in VB2005 (VS8.0) that can display & allow editing of mixed
> content XML as defined in specified DTD WYSIWYG style???

The XML notepad <URL:http://www.codeplex.com/xmlnotepad> is a .NET 2.0
application that allows editing XML. I think it comes with source code
so it might have controls you can make use of.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Number 11950 - GPEMC! Replace number with 11950 wrote:
> > Is there control in VB2005 (VS8.0) that can display & allow editing of
mixed
> > content XML as defined in specified DTD WYSIWYG style???
>
> The XML notepad <URL:http://www.codeplex.com/xmlnotepad> is a .NET 2.0
> application that allows editing XML. I think it comes with source code
> so it might have controls you can make use of.
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

I followed the trail that started with your link and found this:

I diabled the IE edition filter, and then uninstalled my developer DHTMLEdit
control from Vista. The I ran the JavaScript based application in IE7 and
voila! It actually worked independently of DHTMLEdit and TriEdit. This
leaves me with one further dilema - how do I convert that Java to VB? While
things may seem straightforward, I'm having trouble separating the custom
names from the actual browser and XML controlled namespaces...

Anyway, the set a div element with class="edx" & id="edxid" and the Java
Script for the applicable formatting button is (with str=applicable element
name/format/tag):

<button id=idstr onclick=edxid.applytag( str )...    ...></button>

Chasing the ApplyTag name...

aChanged[i] = aFieldSelection[i].oField.applyTag( sTag, aFieldSelection[i],
bHigh, aTopNodes[i], aMaps[i] );

This seems to indicate an applyTag namespace but I can find no documentation
rergarding the conversion of the Java  ApplyTag(tag, begin, end); to VB2005

Any suggestions??

--
Timothy Casey GPEMC! >> 11950 is the number@fieldcraft.com.au 2email
          Terms & conditions apply.  See www.fieldcraft.biz/GPEMC
Discover valid interoperable web menus, IE security, TSR Control,
& the most advanced speed reading application @ www.fieldcraft.biz

0
number1 (4)

XML Header

Read XHTML into XML

Need to display blank fields
It would be really good to have 26 records display per page (or at least on 1 page) even if there are only 2 records. In other words, today I have 2 checks but I need 24 blank records after to make up the entire deposit slip. Someone mentioned a line method but I do not believe that would get me the numbers 3. - 26. along side the blank records. Any ideas? "Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote > It would be really good to have 26 records > display per page (or at least on 1 page) even > if there are only 2 records. In other words, > today I hav...

Easy way to display custom entities?
Is there an easy way to display any entities that have been created or customized outside of the default entity set that comes with CRM 4.0? -- Thanks and have a great day! Mike Mike, If I were trying to find this information, I would go to Settings -> Customization -> Customize Entities and sort by type. This will group custom entites and customizable entities together. I don't know of a way to tell whether a customizable entity has been customized, though. Regards, Dan "Mike" wrote: > Is there an easy way to display any entities that have been created or ...

Displaying specific columns on a continuous style form`
Is there a way to code a continuous style form so that specific records in the list will trigger other records to either be visible or not as the rows build down the form? I have two examples where I need to selectively highlight textboxes on a continuous style form but have only been successful in either having those textboxes be either on or off. Are you asking about conditional formatting of certain textboxes based on their value? If so, use the conditional formatting routine. If not, could you explain further what you are trying to accomplish? Damon "Cameron" <Came...

How to invoke the xml editor?

show XML schema and values

Word 2008 won't display graphics in Print or Publishing Layout
Hello, I have an interesting issue where Word 2008 for the Mac won't display any graphics (jpgs) when I import them into a Word document. It just inserts a box where the graphic is. When I go to Print Preview, the graphics actually display, and they print fine, but I can't see them when composing the document, which is annoying. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks - Jeff On Jan 6, 7:48=A0am, JeffJ <jjoneschic...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have an interesting issue where Word 2008 for the Mac won't display > any graphics (jpgs) when I ...

Offline synch using XML web-services

Displaying frequency polygons in Excel (Statistics)
If I would like to compare two sets of data and display using as a frequency polygon, can I do that in Excel. I tried using scatter charts and line chart, but it puts the data on the Y axis, and I want it to be on the X-axis. Is there a way to define what I want displayed on the X and Y axes incrementally without it automatically numbering these axes automatically in Excel? Maxiem - An XY (Scatter) chart type uses numerical values for both axes. The Line chart type uses category labels on the X axis (equally spaced) and numerical values on the Y axis. If you use an XY (Scatter) char...

String to xml document

Cell Character Display Limit
I have numerous cells with over 3500 characters in them. In one case, only about 2000 characters are displayed. Is there some way to get all the characters to display. Must I format the cells a specific way? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Place ALT+Enter periodically in the text, say every hundred characters or so. Barb Reinhardt wrote: > I have numerous cells with over 3500 characters in them. In one case, only > about 2000 characters are displayed. Is there some way to get all the > characters to display. Must I format the cells a specific way? > > Thanks, > Bar...

Beginner of XML

Paste is is copying in formula, but display is wrong.
Hello all, We are having a very strange problem with Excel (2003). In a work sheet we have a simple Total Cell and a number of cells behind it with the data.. simply put, C6 is =sum(D6:Z6) Which, let's say, equals 30. No problem. but, If I do a copy of C6 and paste it into C7, C7 now equals 30 BUT the formula for C7 pasted correctly. So the Cell C7 now displays 30, but the formula in the (fx)Formula box shows that the formula for C7 is =sum(D7:Z7) The actual total for D7 thru Z7 is 22.. If I click on Cell C7 and hit F2 to edit the cell formula, and then hit enter w...

Excel does not display multiple workbooks on the windows taskbar
Excel does not display multiple workbooks on the windows taskbar even when the "Windows in Taskbar"option is checked Do you use shared workbooks? If so, there's a bug in xl2k that's been fixed in xl2002 that played with that setting. Or maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q215816 OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar When "Windows in Taskbar" Option Is Selected elg wrote: > > Excel does not display multiple workbooks on the windows taskbar even when > the "Windows in Taskbar"option is checked -- ...

How do I display all assigned keyboard shortcuts?
Using Excel 2002, is there a way to display all keyboard shortcuts presently assigned, both those assigned by default and those that have been user assigned? Musawwir Spiegel mms@spiegel-law.com There are no user assigned shortcuts in Excel The default ones can be found in Help - keyword SHORTCUTS best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Musawwir Spiegel" <mms@spiegel-law.com> wrote in message news:1lat51t9a0o86fa6mln39vsp8eic7709r0@4ax.com... > Using Excel 2002, is there a way to display all keyboard shortcuts > presentl...

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Display Name #2
I am trying to correct a mis-spelled name in Outlook. Our Adminstrator said it is correct on the system. I can find where the mistake is. It is in display name within properties. I make the change but it does not take the change. I send an email and it still has the mis-spelling on the display name. What type of account? Exchange? See if the X400 address also has the right display name. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonymous@discussions...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

display cell content based on date criteria
My worksheet contains several columns of data, first column being DATE. each day new information is filled in column B to K, but in Column A, all the dates are already filled up, say 1 Jan 2009 to 31 Dec 2009. I want that a date should not be visible before that date actually arrives, i.e. on 5th jan, I should see on first 5 rows (jan 1 to jan5) On 30th Dec, I should see all rows from Jan 1 to Dec 30, but not Dec 31. Is is possible ? In cell A2 enter the first date...Enter the below formula in A3 and copy down as required.. =IF(A2<>"",IF(A2+1<=TODAY(),A2...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

Access--Form View & Print Preview Display
I have made a form in design view with a page setup of legal size, top, bottom and side margins of .4. I can see all the fields in design view, but when I "view" in Form, I only get the first page with 3/4 of the vertical page showing. I have all the fields showing in horizontal view. In Print Preview, I get only 3/4 of the first page. It will kick me to a second page, but nothing prints except the shaded box of the background. Will appreciate any suggestions. -- GEK ...