xml doc

I have three image groups. I have to create an XML document that models the
image groups.Each grouping should include the name and location of the images
within the group.

How can I do that?

0
seema (5)

seema wrote:
> I have three image groups. I have to create an XML document that models the
> image groups.Each grouping should include the name and location of the images
> within the group.
>
> How can I do that?

What exactly are you looking for, some XML structure to mark up the
information? Or for concrete .NET code to create the XML?

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

XML Header

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

show XML schema and values

Offline synch using XML web-services

String to xml document

Create a PDF Doc with CRM Data
Hi, I would like to be able to create a standard contract document to PDF with the data from a form or Prospect Client, and include of text, images (logo of my society ...) and so on ... Thanks Bernard I can think of a few ways. One would be to use SQL reporting services, which (I think) can save to PDF. The other option would be Office 2007 which can save to PDF (you might have to download the option form Microsoft), which means you could just do a mail merge, and print the file to PDF. If you are using Office 2003 you can get free PDF printers (for example CutePDF) which would al...

Unable to send multiple attachments (.doc + .xlsx)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Composed the message and attached the files. Clicked send, and nothing happened. No error message, it just sits there. Tried re-starting Entourage, but problem remains. <br> No problem when sent through web outlook. No problem sending files individually. ...

Beginner of XML

Word doc changed to Excel when email
I am using Office 2003. Recently I received an email with a Word 2007 attachment (docx). I noticed that the icon for the attachment shows Excel icon. When I double-click on the attachment, it launches Excel and I can only see garbage as the document is a word document. I asked the sender to send to another friend with Office 2003 but I can see the icon is in Word. Has anyone ever had this before? Please help. Is there any setting on the PC that I need to check? BTW, if the document is in Word 2003, no problem. Your computer thinks it's supposed to use Excel to view a .docx....

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...

new xml file is larger than the original
i'm working on a windows application that will edit and create xml files from another application. the original file is 83k, the one created by my vb.net program is 153k but all i add is a new xmlelement when i use the other program and add a xmlelement is only increased the file to 85k. how come my application increased 70k in size and also added the <?xml version="1.0"?> when i didn't tell it to. how do i duplicated a xml file and only add the xml element that i want to insert. where did the extra 70k come from. thanks here is my code: Dim newEvtEnr...

xml data in excel
I have designed an excel template with tabular format (row by row input) for user input. I have to make the validation for those input. My question is that is it possible to use XML schema as the input format template and use it for the data validation like normal XML validation. Could anyone suggest me how to do that?? Million thanks. ...

XSLT, XML to XML
Hello, I would like to transform this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> to this; <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <ProductList> <Product> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Gadget</Name> </Product> </ProductList> Basically I am hoping to use XslTransform and an XSLT stylesheet to change the format of some input XML so i...

http xml post
Hi I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and send response back. But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a single key" I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Cindy "CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message news:eg9EfjVsIHA.4716@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'm working on a http xml post (request/response). > > In my t...

Problem creating XML file...
Hi all! I'm trying to create this XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Build type="Daily" sync="True" compile="True" assemble="True" > <Sync version="1.0.0.0" branch="QA"> <Directories basePath="//OpicsPlus/Source/Release" /> </Sync> </Build> For this, I'm trying to use the code below: private static BuildConfiguration SaveXML(XmlDocument xml, string fileName) { // Creates the nodelist XmlNodeList nodeList; XmlElement user = xml.Docume...

want to link excel doc. to pdf.
is it possible for me to link (using copy then paste special then past link) an excel document to a pdf document. I want the files to be th exact same, so when i make changes to the excel document, i automatically updates the pdf doc. I want to do this because the exce document is a current availibility of my products and the pdf documen is that same availibility to be viewed on my website. I constantly mak changes to my availibility and it would be so much easier if i automatically linked to the pdf. i'd appreciate any input. perhap someone has an even better approach to my situation. ...

writing an xml inside XmlReader or XPathDocument to a file.xml
I believe this should be pretty elementary, but for some reason I cannot seem to think of how to write the an XML file from an incoming XML file. Basically this is what I do: Input: XmlReader instance from another module (beyond my control) Operations: XPathDocument = new XPathDocument(XmlReader); Then translation using XslTransform and output into XML2.xml NOW THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO: How can I ALSO write the Incoming XmlReader to a file ? I need this to help debug issues with the incoming file. So in essence I want to be able to take an XmlReader or XPathDocument and write it...

XML vs. SQL Database
I am developing a home project to be later released as an online application. I am currently using XML to store game data, user/member data, and other. Assuming a user base of 10,000 active users, is there a conflict if one user is updating information and another user is creating data on the same xml file? For example: User 1: update inventory that exists in the XML file User 2: new user adding their inventory data in the XML file Thanks for your help. Michael "Michael Jesse" <michaeljesse1973@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:tUVDd.13357$iC4.7938@newssvr30.news....

XML Import to MM2000
Please bear with me if I ask a question that has been previously addresssed by this group, to which I am new! Is it possible to import to MM2000 a file with extension .FXXML? My bank provides account transactions in that and .CSV formats only and I can only find reference in MM2000 to .OFC and .OFX files. Thanks in advance for any information. Dave "David Spencer" <dispencernomorespam@a1.net> wrote in message news:403b5e78$0$28382$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > Please bear with me if I ask a question that has been previously addresssed > by this ...